• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

chadskin

Anyway I expect Everybody Rapture to go on Plus soon, the game flopped hard and it was discounted several times.

Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture would have topped the UK charts - if digital data was included.

It may well have been the first PSN exclusive release to get to No.1 in the UK, although the lack of historical data makes that impossible to quantify.

MCV sources say the interactive story, developed by UK independent studio The Chinese Room, comfortably outsold LEGO Jurassic World, which was last week’s No.1 game according to the Chart-Track UK retail data.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/everybody-s-gone-to-the-rapture-was-the-real-no-1-last-week/0154451

So nah. It was also only discounted twice in Europe, on launch for PS+ members and now as part of the Halloween sale.

xrnzaaas

Imo it's way way too early to talk about Rapture landing in PS+. Besides Sony has plenty of older "small" titles to choose from like Hotline Miami 2, Grim Fandango, Trials Fusion or White Night.

Ludens

Banned
Asia line-up is apparently online. Supermeatboy was already on Plus, Thief too (at least PS3 version), Mass Effect 2 isn't but at least it should come with all DLCs. But again is Asia, they also got Killzone Shadowfall.
I hope EU/US line-up is different, Thief is garbage despite the platform.

Hasney

Imagining Sony going to a publisher and going "Ah c'moooonnnnn. I'll be your best friend?" to get these details worked out.

Asia line-up is apparently online. Supermeatboy was already on Plus, Thief too (at least PS3 version), Mass Effect 2 isn't but at least it should come with all DLCs. But again is Asia, they also got Killzone Shadowfall.
I hope EU/US line-up is different, Thief is garbage despite the platform.
Killzone would suck. Triple A doesn't warrant a good line-up. I hope we never get that, Knack, Watch Dogs, Thief, etc.

Ludens

Banned
https://twitter.com/FredDutton/status/659677881648455680

Doesn't sound like we'll hear about the line-up today, either.

What does that means? "Working hard"?
It seems like Sony employees are calling publishers to the phone with something like this "Pretty please, Ubi, let us put AC Blag Flag on Plus this month. Pleeeease :( Wait nope, what you are asking is too much, Ubi-bubi, can we have a discount? Pleease, or people won't renew their subs :("

Talking seriously, something went wrong and they are looking for some replacement in their line-up. I remember something similar happened when we got Dead Nation Redux (I remember I read it was even bugged as hell on release),

kevin1025

Banned
https://twitter.com/FredDutton/status/659677881648455680

Doesn't sound like we'll hear about the line-up today, either.

It's crazy that every month is so down to the wire for these games being finalized. I'm sure games get dropped out from time to time, but I always figured they had the spots pretty much worked out a month or two in advance, as was shown with the December 2014 and January 2015 PS+ games being announced early.

There's a million things that could be happening

Some dev forgot to sign a contract or only for one region

The new game that was supposed to be included failed cert

Doesn't mean the team isnt doing their job

"The team is working hard" is just PR speak

It's crazy that every month is so down to the wire for these games being finalized. I'm sure games get dropped out from time to time, but I always figured they had the spots pretty much worked out a month or two in advance, as was shown with the December 2014 and January 2015 PS+ games being announced early.

They know what the games will be months in advance.

Most likely its just getting all the marketing material in order.

UCBooties

There's a million things that could be happening

Some dev forgot to sign a contract or only for one region

The new game that was supposed to be included failed cert

Doesn't mean the team isnt doing their job

"The team is working hard" is just PR speak

This is the right answer. They are not pulling this stuff out of a hat but they have to negotiate deals and sometimes things go weird at the last minute. A lot of people seem to think that they operate PS+ by fiat. They don't just decide and wave a wand, they need to make deals with publishers to get things on the list.

I don't really follow GwG but going by the threads popping up in Gaming, Microsoft seem to be a whole lot more reliable with getting those announcements out earlier than PS+.

96DSr0a.jpg

https://twitter.com/VG_Dave/status/659781003385430016

Ludens

Banned
One game was bundled and discounted several times (Walking Dead 2), also I don't know if this is PS3 Or PS4, anyway PS3 version runs very bad. The other game is not my cup of tea, I have the first one on Pc, tried several times to play it, never clicked.

Wasn't WD JUST on PS+ sale last week in EU? lol

Yeah, this too. Great way to reward consumers who bought it, I guess.

EDIT: It's the PS4 version. Ok, so with a PS3 only, I'll get none of those, lol.

I'm okay with this.

Only played season 1 of WD, and I enjoyed some "co-op" in Magicka with my wife.

These might actually be PS+ games I end up playing more than once.

I loved Walking Dead, but had absolutely no interest at all in finding out what happened next. They should have left it where they left it and started again somewhere new.

I haven't played S2 as a result though, maybe it's amazing.

(These games aren't confirmed though btw.)

zewone

I loved Walking Dead, but had absolutely no interest at all in finding out what happened next. They should have left it where they left it and started again somewhere new.

I haven't played S2 as a result though, maybe it's amazing.

(These games aren't confirmed though btw.)

Season 2 is great. Definitely play it if it's real.

My only problem is I already own the game. :(

UCBooties

Is Magica 2 launching as Plus if this is true? I don't remember that releasing before.

As for Walking Dead... ugh... I hate Zombies. Will not be playing.

Karu

A freaking Telltale game and then SEASON TWO? Jesus Christ. I'm not in the indiehate camp, quite the opposite, but that's some major bullshit, if true.

seabass0

I think I'd be ok with this.

Played WD:S1 on Vita...wouldn't mind S2.

Does Magicka have a fun Single Player experience or is that heavily geared towards co-op?

Alpende

I played the first season of TWD on Xbox and thought that was enough, not a type of game I'd want to play again. Magica does nothing for me either.

kevin1025

Banned
Does TWD Season 2 run like absolute dogshit on consoles? I played Season 1 on PS3 and good lord.

So I played through season one on PS3, PC and PS4, and season two on PC and PS4. Of them all, both season one and season two run the best on PS4, in my opinion!

Pretty sure they already gave away Season 1 as a Plus title

Season one was just an Xbox 360 AND an Xbox One Games with Gold title in October. So if you're into freebies only, you'd have to play the first one on Xbox and the second on Playstation.

Top Bottom