• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

gossi

I've just reported the fault. Hopefully it gets looked at. I suggest you do the same, the more people that report it the more they will look at it.

Weirdly I opened the preview app to report the problem, and then went back to the TV app and it's fine now.

Seems to be a problem when switching between game/apps and TV.

Yeah, I find hard rebooting often fixes it for a while. I've been reporting it since I've been in the preview, over a month now. Sadly I suspect they will ship to all without it fixed.

Any UK GAF watch Sky through their Xbox? Mine is really glitchy like it's displaying it at 60hz instead of 50hz, even though 50 is selected. This problem has only occurred since changing to the new dash I think.

Not sure if this is still the case but it would be 50hz full screen but then 60hz when snapped so as not to ruin games. Is it now 60hz all the time?

pieface

Yeah, I find hard rebooting often fixes it for a while. I've been reporting it since I've been in the preview, over a month now. Sadly I suspect they will ship to all without it fixed.

Ha! My TV has been fine for about 8 minutes and now it's gone glitchy again. Something is very broken!

pieface

Not sure if this is still the case but it would be 50hz full screen but then 60hz when snapped so as not to ruin games. Is it now 60hz all the time?

Yeah when watching TV "Full screen" I think it's displaying the picture at 60hz, because it's really "glitchy" and "stuttering". It was fine before upgrading to this dash.

Good lord I hope not...these dopes are so caught up in making all there OS's look alike they are forgetting all of the millions of people who just want to play games.

witness

Turned it on this morning and it wouldn't connect to Live and said my NAT was strict, this has happened a few times before. Hard reboot fixed it, but it's annoying it's still doing this

EvB

Any UK GAF watch Sky through their Xbox? Mine is really glitchy like it's displaying it at 60hz instead of 50hz, even though 50 is selected. This problem has only occurred since changing to the new dash I think.

My plasma blanks as it refreshes the screen, it seems to work in 50hz as it should. Usb tuner here

Bsigg12

I'm expecting a lot of updates in the next 11 days as we build up to the public release. There are still quite a few issues so I do expect them to hit often.

Update notes for 10/31

A New Xbox One Experience update is rolling out to NXOE Preview participants tonight at 4PM PT, October 31st. This update contains key fixes and stability improvements - see below for details.

HOW TO GET IT

If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
NOTE: Once the update is available to your wave, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PT 11/02/2015, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.151029-2122
Available: 4:00PM PDT 10/31 (5PM GMT 10/31)

Sign-In Issues:
We’re currently tracking a sign-in issue which some users are experiencing. If you’re having difficulty signing in, please try the workaround below, and if it resolves the issue, please reply to this thread in the Preview forums.

Workaround: Go to Settings/Account/Remove accounts and delete your account. Then, open Guide/Sign in tab/Add & manage/Add new to recover your profile to the Xbox.

Disc Based Games:
When attempting to launch a disc based game, you may be prompted to sign in with the user who owns the game.

Workaround: Eject and re-insert the game disc.

Fixes:
YouTube console shutdown: Your console should no longer shut down when launching the YouTube app.

Green screen after system update: This build contains a fix to address issues with the console loading to a green or black screen after downloading a system update.

Blank App Tiles: Game and app tiles in My games & apps should no longer appear blank.

Wireless Networking: This build contains a fix to address being unable to detect wireless networks with an external hard drive attached.

Party and game chat: This build contains a fix to address being unable to hear others when joining a party chat, while game chat would function normally.

Media Player: The media player should no longer fail to connect to DLNA content.

Known Issues:

Game and App Issues:
Game or App Crashes: Some users may experience game or app crashes which require the game to be force closed.

Workaround: Relaunch the game or app, or, navigate home and use the menu button to force close the app, then relaunch it.

Titanfall: Titanfall may fail to connect to Xbox Live.

Workaround: Hard reset the console.

NFL Live App: When playing videos in the NFL Live App, the screen may dim after a short period of time.

Forza 6:

Forza 6 may fail to update due to an installation stopped error.

Forza 6 may fail to resume a suspended session after powering on the console in Instant-On mode.

General System Issues

Xbox App:

You may be unable to power on or off your console from the Connection Window in the Xbox App.

Workaround: Select More > Forget Console and re-add the console.

When using the Xbox App to power on or off your console, the Xbox App may fail to display whether the console was properly powered on or off.

High Contrast Mode: When a user enables High contrast mode in Settings, High contrast mode is always enabled on the console regardless of which user is signed in. You can disable High contrast mode under Settings > Ease of Access > High contrast.

Dashboard: You may encounter English text with strange characters on the Home screen. This is placeholder text and will be corrected in a future update.

Store: Preordered games may display as fully installed and no longer have a “Preorder” designation in My games & apps.

Disc Installations: If installing a disc based game while no one is signed in on the console, launching the game will cause the game to start, but crash to a black screen shortly after.

Sign-in, security & passkey: If you have enabled passkey or password protection for Settings, you may experience issues accessing certain sections of Settings.

Workaround: Navigate to Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey and update your configuration. If you have trouble accessing this section in Settings, hard reset your console.

Snap Center: When YouTube is snapped, it may share input with the home screen.

System Update Errors: If you encounter an update error screen while downloading a system update and the console freezes, please wait 3 minutes before rebooting the console to ensure crash data is automatically captured.

Upload Studio: Upload Studio may become unresponsive and crash when you select “Manage your clips” and press B to go back.

USB TV Tuner: Saying “Xbox Pause” or pressing pause on the media remote may fail to pause TV.

mike4001_

At least they cleaned up the known issues list.

In the previous builds they often had listed a fix and again listed it as a known issue ... ;-)

I have faith that MS will deliver a stable experience on November 12, ever since the update before the latest things have been going well. Videos play fine, no more that it looks like a slideshow, i also don't get thrown out of the party anymore when i play them, barely any party disconnects.

I also am very happy that the Activity Feed actually simply works. I don't know about you guys, but when i didn't have the preview dashboard yet, Acitivty Feed was always hit and miss, i would go to see if there were new videos and it would give me an error that it wasn't available at the moment. Then after many retries it would work again and later on fail again. It's fine now.

If they don't bring any updates that ruin any of these things, i am happy.

illusionary

E200 error on starting my console just now after it clearly auto-updated - that had me worried!

Fortunately, after a hard reset and a lengthy green loading screen, it seems to have fixed itself. Hopefully that'll be the only time that I see that...

Edit:
NXOE user here, got this scary error message during the last update 2 nights ago. Update finished downloading then it happened during the installation.

Did a hard reset and it sat at the green Xbox One screen for about 15 or 20 minutes with the pulsing dots then it booted up the dashboard like nothing happened. Kinda scared to apply this new update as the above fix worked, but I'm wary as to whether or not it left any long-term damage to my system.

Essentially this, though with only about 5 minutes on the green screen.

I keep expecting the new left side menu to run smooth but just trying to scroll down to the settings cog it froze twice loading my apps list and online list, it's not nice.

The new settings layout is ugly too, nothing was wrong with the old settings layout.

New002

So anyone else having issues where the system doesn't recognize a mic plugged in so you can't chat or adjust any of the mic settings?

Again i have this low battery nonsense. I have been charging it for hours and i accidentally pulled out the cord, it immediately said the batteries were low. It also shows only 1 bar in settings > devices & accessories. So now all icons show an empty battery, is this still that dashboard bug or is my controller's battery indeed a goner now?

Man, I'm hoping I don't get this anytime soon (in preview), it sounds like a real mess.

My system auto-updated to the new dashboard two or three days before Halo 5 released. Haven't had any issues with it aside from kicking me out of Halo 5 (once when it was nearly fully loaded into a match and another time when I was at the end of a cut-scene in the campaign) to update the console. Although, now that I have said that is when my issues will start :(.

Klocker

Alright cool, maybe the people that are not having problems just don't post as much about it. I'm watching every day to wait for it to update.... crosses fingers.

Bsigg12

This update bricked my console...

This is gonna sound kind of weird but have you tried taking the disc out, unplugging all USB connections (and the Kinect if you have it), and finally unplugging the system from the power brick and holding the power button for 10-15 seconds? Essentially that's the process for completely draining all power from the system. I had to do that when I got my E200 error a week or so ago.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I finally downloaded the new dash yesterday. Had a scare at first getting stuck at the menacing green screen of potential death, but it ended up being okay. Had to hard reboot a couple of times.

I definitely feel lost trying to find stuff now. :-/

statham

This is gonna sound kind of weird but have you tried taking the disc out, unplugging all USB connections (and the Kinect if you have it), and finally unplugging the system from the power brick and holding the power button for 10-15 seconds? Essentially that's the process for completely draining all power from the system. I had to do that when I got my E200 error a week or so ago.

do this, twice I thought I bricked my console, even unplug from the power adapter as that can keep a charge for awhile.Just unplug everything and let it sit for 2 minutes.

Bsigg12

Update notes for 11/1

A New Xbox One Experience update is rolling out to NXOE Preview participants tonight at 4PM PST, November 1st. This update contains key fixes and stability improvements - see below for details.

HOW TO GET IT

If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
NOTE: Once the update is available to your wave, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PST 11/03/2015, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.151030-1916
Available: 4:00PM PDT 11/01 (5PM GMT 11/01)

Fixes:

• Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the console to turn off
  • Fixed an issue where users sometimes would be prompted for a password when signing into NXOE for the first time
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused games and apps to appear blank
  • Fixed an issue causing home and other applications to sometimes crash
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused poor home performance when saying "Xbox" <pause> "Go Home" until launching another app
  • Improved formatting on TV Details page
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused apps and games to repeatedly launch
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused party chat to stop working when changing chat devices.
  • Fixed an issue where buttons on the community twist sometimes would become unresponsive
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused apps and games to fail to activate.
  • Fixed an issue where users were sometimes prompted for a PIN or password when they should not have been
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the guide to crash when navigating to messages tab
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes would prevent power center from loading
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused dialogs with the virtual keyboard to not dismiss
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused game issues after canceling game save syncing
  • Fixed an issue that caused reduced functionality in Edge when turning on Narrator.
  • Fixed an issue where actions on skype notifications were reversed for voice and video.
  • Fixed an issue to make activation of disc based games more reliable.
  • Updated units in bandwidth usage from MB to Mbits to better match what most ISPs measure their download and upload speeds with and to be consistent with the existing experience.

Known Issues:

Sign-In Issues:

We’re currently tracking a sign-in issue which some users are experiencing. If you’re having difficulty signing in, please try the workaround below, and if it resolves the issue, please reply to this thread in the Preview forums.

Workaround: Go to Settings/Account/Remove accounts and delete your account. Then, open Guide/Sign in tab/Add & manage/Add new to recover your profile to the Xbox.

Disc Based Games:
When attempting to launch a disc based game, you may be prompted to sign in with the user who owns the game.

Workaround: Eject and re-insert the game disc.

App Issues: Certain apps may fail to launch, or video streams may fail to play.

EPIX

Game and App Issues:

Edge Browser: If you access the web hub via the View button in Edge, you may encounter a crash when switching between the lists such as Recent and Favorites.

Game or App Crashes: Some users may experience game or app crashes which require the game to be force closed.

Workaround: Relaunch the game or app, or, navigate home and use the menu button to force close the app, then relaunch it.

Titanfall: Titanfall may fail to connect to Xbox Live.

Workaround: Hard reset the console.

NFL Live App: When playing videos in the NFL Live App, the screen may dim after a short period of time.

Media Player: The media player may fail to connect to DLNA content.

Forza 6:

Forza 6 may fail to update due to an installation stopped error.

Forza 6 may fail to resume a suspended session after powering on the console in Instant-On mode.

General System Issues

Wireless Networking: You may be unable to detect wireless networks with an external hard drive attached.

Workaround: While the console is off, disconnect the external hard drive, power on the console, connect to the wireless network, and reconnect the external hard drive.

Xbox App:

You may be unable to power on or off your console from the Connection Window in the Xbox App.

When using the Xbox App to power on or off your console, the Xbox App may fail to display whether the console was properly powered on or off.

High Contrast Mode: When a user enables High contrast mode in Settings, High contrast mode is always enabled on the console regardless of which user is signed in. You can disable High contrast mode under Settings > Ease of Access > High contrast.

Party and game chat: You may be unable to hear others when joining a party chat.

Workaround: Switching to game chat should allow you to hear others correctly.

Dashboard: You may encounter English text with strange characters on the Home screen. This is placeholder text and will be corrected in a future update.

Store: Preordered games may display as fully installed and no longer have a “Preorder” designation in My games & apps.

Disc Installations: If installing a disc based game while no one is signed in on the console, launching the game will cause the game to start, but crash to a black screen shortly after.

Sign-in, security & passkey: If you have enabled passkey or password protection for Settings, you may experience issues accessing certain sections of Settings.

Workaround: Navigate to Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey and update your configuration. If you have trouble accessing this section in Settings, hard reset your console.

Snap Center: When YouTube is snapped, it may share input with the home screen.

System Update Errors: If you encounter an update error screen while downloading a system update and the console freezes, please wait 3 minutes before rebooting the console to ensure crash data is automatically captured.

Upload Studio: Upload Studio may become unresponsive and crash when you select “Manage your clips” and press B to go back.

USB TV Tuner: Saying “Xbox Pause” or pressing pause on the media remote may fail to pause TV.

In a game, double press Xbox button then press the button for screenshot (it says what on the screen)

Or say "Xbox take a screenshot".

To comment on this. Its way slower and takes me out of the game too much now. It was quicker with the reg dashboard.

They just need to map it to the 'view' button idk.

Edit: wonder what this firmware update does.

gossi

The good news; the known issues list has reduced substantially over last few weeks.

The bad news: errors marked as fixed such as green screen and E200 are still happening.

The good news; they have another 9 days to work on it, so I figure last few updates.

Original list of fixes was for last night's flight, the corrected list they posted:
Fixes:
&#9726;Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the console to turn off
&#9726;Fixed an issue where users sometimes would be prompted for a password when signing into NXOE for the first time
&#9726;Fixed an issue that sometimes caused games and apps to appear blank
&#9726;Fixed an issue causing home and other applications to sometimes crash
&#9726;Fixed an issue that sometimes caused poor home performance when saying "Xbox" <pause> "Go Home" until launching another app
&#9726;Improved formatting on TV Details page
&#9726;Fixed an issue that sometimes caused apps and games to repeatedly launch
&#9726;Fixed an issue that sometimes caused party chat to stop working when changing chat devices.
&#9726;Fixed an issue where buttons on the community twist sometimes would become unresponsive
&#9726;Fixed an issue that sometimes caused apps and games to fail to activate.
&#9726;Fixed an issue where users were sometimes prompted for a PIN or password when they should not have been
&#9726;Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the guide to crash when navigating to messages tab
&#9726;Fixed an issue that sometimes would prevent power center from loading
&#9726;Fixed an issue that sometimes caused dialogs with the virtual keyboard to not dismiss
&#9726;Fixed an issue that sometimes caused game issues after canceling game save syncing
&#9726;Fixed an issue that caused reduced functionality in Edge when turning on Narrator.
&#9726;Fixed an issue where actions on skype notifications were reversed for voice and video.
&#9726;Fixed an issue to make activation of disc based games more reliable.
&#9726;Updated units in bandwidth usage from MB to Mbits to better match what most ISPs measure their download and upload speeds with and to be consistent with the existing experience.

Top Bottom