• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

So I am honestly surprised they haven't converted the preview members over yet. They have a week left before NXOE is released to the public... I'm not complaining, but at this point i am wondering if they are just switching us over a day or 2 before or if they just gave up on that.

I'm pretty sure they have been moving preview members over (not just the ones who explicitly opted in). However, they tend to do it in waves and not all at once.

gossi

One interesting thing - the boot in NXE is currently much slower (debug info remaining?), so it makes me wonder if the Elites with SSHD will end up booting slower.

Any word on Astros being fixed yet?
Tired of using my Kinect for chat

Has anybody reported it?

RdN

I just want them to fix parties.. It's impossible to play Destiny right now.

Every single day Party goes don't in the middle of a Raid or something, and then we have to wait for people to hard reset their consoles.

ryan299

I'm gonna do the trade in deal with gamestop this weekend. Am I going to be able to install the preview on the new system or do I have to wait until the release?

Also can someone tell me how to erase the system so when gamestop sells mine used nobody has access to my digital games and account? Also kinect isn't permanently paired with the system is it?

gossi

I'm gonna do the trade in deal with gamestop this weekend. Am I going to be able to install the preview on the new system or do I have to wait until the release?

Also can someone tell me how to erase the system so when gamestop sells mine used nobody has access to my digital games and account? Also kinect isn't permanently paired with the system is it?

You will likely have to wait until this time next week for dash on new system - it's tied to console.

Go into settings and do a factory reset. Note they might not accept it if still enrolled to NXE, could be difficult to resell.

Dezcom

Your gamertag is still whitelisted, so re-download and re-run the preview app, then enroll your new console. You *SHOULD* get the next build when it's released. I enrolled a new box and it got in the next day when they sent out a new build. Don't forget to un-enroll your old box when you do the above.

Hulu needs an update and it won't update on our NXOE box. It just stays at 0% and eventually says "Installation Stopped." It updates without issue on the non-preview box.

FXNow is still garbage on NXOE. Trying to watch American Horror Story and it keeps bringing up an error saying, "You must be connected to the Internet" when we still are and the video plays in the background. It doesn't do this on the non-preview box.

Where do we even officially submit bug reports now?

Chris1

Some consoles don't come with a headset any more. I think any with the new controller that's not a LE (Halo, Forza) doesn't have one.

gossi

If peeps sign up for the preview program they should have to practice submitting a bug report before being allowed in. I think it would help educate people about the beta before signing up.

To submit a report hold down the Xbox button, then scroll across to Report a bug.

Syriel

Sorry but two years later this console shouldn't have a problem keeping a keeping a party from crashing. That is my biggest issue with this console. The new experience didn't help anything. There are times where there are no disconnects, then there are times where it's happening all night. I don't understand why it's so unsteady. Xbox 360 never had this issue.

You are running pre-release, beta software. Not release software.

New Update available:

DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.151103-1900
Available: 6:00PM PST 11/5 (2AM GMT 11/6)

FIXES
◾Upload Studio: This build contains a fix to address an issue with some users being unable to install or update Upload Studio.
◾Kinect Studio: Kinect Studio should no longer fail to launch.
◾Powering off devices in Energy-Saving mode: Your devices (TV, AV Receiver, etc.) should now power off correctly when powering down the console in Energy-Saving mode.
◾Launching games & apps in Instant-On mode: This build contains a fix to address issues with games and apps failing to launch due to “Do you own this game or app?” errors after resuming from connected standby.
◾Adding friends: When adding a friend on a child account or with an account in which adding friends has been disabled, you will no longer see a generic error message, and instead will be prompted to enter your password.
◾Party and game invites: This build contains a fix to address an issue which allowed multiple party or game invites to be sent in rapid succession.
◾SmartGlass keyboard: The SmartGlass keyboard should no longer fail to register input in certain apps (Skype, UFC TV, VUDU, etc.).
◾Achievements: When loading achievements, you should no longer encounter a white screen with no loading indicator.
◾Wallpapers and custom backgrounds: This build contains a fix to address an issue with users being unable to set their background from a screenshot or achievement art.

FEATURED FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES:

Our highlighted quests for this release are:
◾Mic Check: Test out adding commentary to your favorite clips
◾Calendar Survey: We would love more feedback on the Community Calendar app. If you haven't already, be sure to download it from Beta Games and Apps in the Preview Dashboard app, then take this survey!

KNOWN ISSUES

General System Issues:
◾Party and game chat: You may be unable to hear others when joining a party chat. ◾Workaround: Switching to game chat should allow you to hear others correctly.

malfcn

Pulling the update and rebooting.

I have a challenge for someone brave, and doesn't own Syndicate. If the 1gb free content is up, go download it and see if you can manage it through games and apps, not a tile.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Powering off devices in Energy-Saving mode: Your devices (TV, AV Receiver, etc.) should now power off correctly when powering down the console in Energy-Saving mode

Wow. This took them more than a month to fix.
:p

It's looking good for the November 12th release.

mike4001_

can you still not hide games from the install list?

No,

They are obviously planning a complete redesign of My games and apps and therefore are not investing anything in the "old thing".

I bet this will be one of the features when the monthly updates continue.

Ason

They need to fix the guide.
Double tap and waiting 5 seconds is trash.

That is not my experience at all. If you haven't allready, you should report that.

The very first time I open the guide after a new update, or a hard reset, the guide opens slightly slower and is slightly clunky when I navigate around. After that, the guide works smooth and opens up almost instantly after I double tap. Definatly don't have to wait 5 seconds, more like 1 second after I double tap for me.

gossi

That is not my experience at all. If you haven't allready, you should report that.

The very first time I open the guide after a new update, or a hard reset, the guide opens slightly slower and is slightly clunky when I navigate around. After that, the guide works smooth and opens up almost instantly after I double tap. Definatly don't have to wait 5 seconds, more like 1 second after I double tap for me.

If I'm in a game it takes several seconds.

Smokey

Is there an issue where you can't chat with headsets? I have Astros A50 and am playing BLOPS III. One minute I was chatting and the next it was gone. I've turned the headsets off and on and plugged everything back in too.

gossi

Is there an issue where you can't chat with headsets? I have Astros A50 and am playing BLOPS III. One minute I was chatting and the next it was gone. I've turned the headsets off and on and plugged everything back in too.

Are you in a party?

gossi

Ah. Report it. People have been complaining about the Astros here for last few days, don't know if anybody has reported it yet.

We're very very close to the final 'gold' release (days away) so log any issues now to have a hope of them to be fixed before December.

danowat

Banned
I take back what I said, Edge is still shite, and still causes the black screen issue, only after using sites with HTML5 video on though.

faer0n

Thanks, so I'm still in the preview program, I just have to re-register the new system basically is how I'm reading online?
Your account is still in the preview Programm. I did the same AS you are about to 2 weeks ago. Just download the preview APP and choose to enroll this New console to enroll in the preview Programm. I bought my console saturday and had the New dash monday morning

snkfor

Neo Member
I have an issue with NXE Beta, I need to reboot my Xbox One before it can connect to internet (I'm in wifi and cant access Wifi at my first boot)

Pachimari

Is it possible to pin Internet Explore or Edge as an app in NXOE?

I can't seem to pin Internet Explore or the Xbox Elite app in the old dashboard.

Tobi

Neo Member
My Xbox can't download the latest update. I have already tried to hard reset the console, setup again the connection, but nothing seems to work.

In anyone else having this problem?

Kssio_Aug

My Xbox can't download the latest update. I have already tried to hard reset the console, setup again the connection, but nothing seems to work.

In anyone else having this problem?

Wich is your build version?
I can't check for you right now cause I'm not at home, but later I can (or someone here could aswell).

Tobi

Neo Member
Wich is your build version?
I can't check for you right now cause I'm not at home, but later I can (or someone here could aswell).

Build 10.0.10585.1001

I did some research and it seems that the console might not be able to download the update due to the country/timezone that I have currently set.
I'm from Italy but I have set the Xbox as English (UK) in order to play Halo 5 with the original dub.
Now I have changed it back. I hope this works, I honestly do not want to factory reset

EDIT: update is now downloading! I don't know if this was actually the issue, but who cares

Bohemia Interactive announced on Twitter that DayZ won't be hitting the Xbox Game Preview program this year, as it was initially announced at MS E3 2015 conference.

Bohemia Interactive said:
Alright everyone, let's make this news stand out a bit: DayZ won't hit the Xbox Game Preview program this year.
Bohemia Interactive said:
The main focus of the @dayzdevteam is the PC version, while a first console prototype is expected in Q1 2016

Don't know if it's thread worthy (I hope I'm in the right thread to post this)

Source: Tweet 1, Tweet 2 via VG247

Top Bottom