• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Xbox One Experience Beta |OT| Beta tested in the future

bishbosh

Banned
Is anyone else finding pushing left to open up the sidebar with the friends list/messages etc quite slow? Everything else seems pretty fast though

derFeef

Is anyone else finding pushing left to open up the sidebar with the friends list/messages etc quite slow? Everything else seems pretty fast though

Yup. First time it's really laggy. Maybe they should gather the needed data on bootup to make it faster. As of now it feels really sluggish.

Tall Paul

Yep this has been a good 3-4 seconds for the last few releases for me, pretty sure it was fairly quick in the early builds though, for me this section is key to the NXOE being intuitive and accessible.

gossi

Yeah, the Guide is quite quick if no game is open, but if you're using an intensive game it takes several seconds to open.

Can't access the Nuketown or Giant Zombie maps. Seems to be a NXOE issue.

Anyone get them to work or able to join a public zombies game?

yes when loading the friends list or apps list, both of those pause the system for a few seconds it's annoying.

Trying to scroll down to the settings tab results in ignored inputs while these load it feels sloppy.

Dynamic3

Have they added a way to quickly adjust the volume on your headphones without going 10 menus deep or buying that flimsy adapter?

I don't have the preview.

Did anyone find a toggle for switching the function of a single vs. double xbox button press?

I want to open the lefthand guide with a single press, and go to the dashboard with a double press

Kssio_Aug

How do i get there?

Also...after the update of today....my NAT is strict again, it changed the IP address. Why does that happen?

Don't know about the IP stuff, but try this:
Go to test multiplayer connection; let it check; when it's done press LB + RB + LT + RT; let it do a new check and it may change from strict to open.

When it boot as moderated here it doesn't work (recquiring me to reboot). But when it boots at strict, usually these steps make it change to open.

Skullface

After having a bricked console for a few days, my games are now crashing. When a game crashes, I have to power cycle to get everything to act normal for a period of time. This is driving me crazy. Hopefully these updates continue to improve things.

I *feel* like it's gotten a little faster over the last 10 or so builds, could be my imagination though.

Would love for it to be instant.

Somnia

My biggest complaint with the new UI is...where are my games? Why isn't access to my games library on the main page, it makes no sense at all.

Uh hit RT and it goes straight down to your games or just scroll down. It told you this the first time you booted up the UI or watched the hints video on the main page.

muzzymate

RT on the home tab drops you straight to the my games and apps tile.

I wish they had a solution for apps and the Media Remote. The Channel buttons switch the different tabs (Home, Community, etc. ). There is no RT button on the Media Remote.

Ugh! Why can't you get to it from the Guide menu? So annoying.

MCD

My biggest complaint with the new UI is...where are my games? Why isn't access to my games library on the main page, it makes no sense at all.

And that's why the new UI sucks. Games and achievements, the two things that defined Xbox are hidden, slow and ugly.

LUXURY

You are running pre-release, beta software. Not release software.

It's been like this long before this little beta. Since day one.

After having spent a lot of time with this beta, I don't care for it all that much. I don't see think it does much for the console. As someone else stated, the two things that define (or used to define) Xbox are shoved down to the bottom of a screen. It just feels cluttered. Maybe next year they can get it right. Only thing I really think they did well was the side menu. That's great for easy and quick inviting and opening. Other than that, still feels clunky and dated to me.

gossi

At this stage we're far past beta, really. Release Candidate 12. The latest update has a build date days ago, and they launch in a few days.

Skullface

At this stage we're far past beta, really. Release Candidate 12. The latest update has a build date days ago, and they launch in a few days.

I would respectfully disagree. It wouldn't look that way from browsing GAF, but many people have had bricked consoles ever since around the 31st. Far more have games and apps crashing regularly and need to power cycle several times a day. We might be the minority, but let's just say 5% of all users experience this issue. That's still a huge number of people with broken consoles. Roughly 625,000 extremely pissed off customers. They probably haven't even sold that many consoles in Japan. I think they need to push the date back.

gossi

I would respectfully disagree. It wouldn't look that way from browsing GAF, but many people have had bricked consoles ever since around the 31st. Far more have games and apps crashing regularly and need to power cycle several times a day. We might be the minority, but let's just say 5% of all users experience this issue. That's still a huge number of people with broken consoles. Roughly 625,000 extremely pissed off customers. They probably haven't even sold that many consoles in Japan. I think they need to push the date back.

I'm not commenting on how well it works. I've been told the 'gold' (final) build goes out on Monday or Tuesday. I'm just saying we're well past beta here - we're in the final few bug fixes, the feature locked release candidate stage.

Skullface

Hopefully they allow my new system into the beta soon. The old Os is so slow.

I know you've been reading a lot of good things about it, but if you're a preview member and have access to the forums about the preview programs, you'll see that many people have had console breaking issues as a result of the NXOE. If I were you, I'd just wait for the 12th. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't even take the risk.

I'm not commenting on how well it works. I've been told the 'gold' (final) build goes out on Monday or Tuesday. I'm just saying we're well past beta here - we're in the final few bug fixes, the feature locked release candidate stage.

I get what you're saying. But what I'm saying is that it's still a beta grade product, at least from my experience. I also wasn't trying to discredit you or your comment in any way, I just want to point out to lurkers and even Microsoft employees that are potentially reading this thread that it's not all good at the moment.

Chorazin

Youtube won't respond to my remote control. It works fine in the OS and in other apps, just not YouTube.

Already submitted a report, but man that was annoying when I just wanted to eat breakfast and watch stuff.

gossi

Skull, I wouldn't disagree that there's problems. My Xbox got bricked by NXE - twice! In the last few weeks it has become very stable for me, however.

Skullface

Skull, I wouldn't disagree that there's problems. My Xbox got bricked by NXE - twice! In the last few weeks it has become very stable for me, however.

I'm glad to hear things have been working for you, and that you've recovered from a bicked console. I'm getting there myself. My console is a lot more stable, but hardly reliable. I think the longest gaming session I can swing is an hour.

Don't know about the IP stuff, but try this:
Go to test multiplayer connection; let it check; when it's done press LB + RB + LT + RT; let it do a new check and it may change from strict to open.

When it boot as moderated here it doesn't work (recquiring me to reboot). But when it boots at strict, usually these steps make it change to open.

Been using this trrick for a long time now, otherwise there was no way to get the NAT open, simply because my ISP does not support a certain port number. But according to a friend of mine...this isn/t truly making the NAT opening up...but i doubt that.

New problem...Twitch needs an 15MB update, but it just can't seem to update it.

EvB

Been using this trrick for a long time now, otherwise there was no way to get the NAT open, simply because my ISP does not support a certain port number. But according to a friend of mine...this isn/t truly making the NAT opening up...but i doubt that.

New problem...Twitch needs an 15MB update, but it just can't seem to update it.

I had issues with twitch after the update, I had to delete it entirely and redownload

Skullface

New, scary bug. This new build occasionally doesn't recognize hdmi connection. Fml. With so many people touting these updates I truly feel left out.

Top Bottom