• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

thelastword

Banned
So happy for the 2k series this gen, NBA2k is pulling in great numbers, WWE2k charted. They have a great little engine powering their sports games and their sports games look and perform best. I just wished these guys could make Fifa2k, Madden2k, Tennis2k and Golf2k, Nhl2k. These games would actually interest me again.

Kathian

Banned
Next year will be interesting for consoles. Beginning to hit a ceiling. Tighter demographic audience and a front loaded gen - but software should still be strong.

Congrats to MS for beating Sony in their price drop month and at a time when Halo isn't what it used to be. That's a good result for them this month, although we really need to see how close (or not) the numbers were. I can't see Sony being too far behind however and if it is close than PS4 also put in the work during Halo month.

Edit: if those numbers are true then that's disappointing stuff really. For both sides. Maybe congrats isn't the right word here.

Stike

I expect the sales to rise significantly for November.

Probably many shoppers were waiting for the Black Friday bundurus...

Kill3r7

The X1 number seems incredibly low. Especially when you consider that it was Halo 5 month and PS4 just had a price cut. Pretty awful month for consoles and my poor predictions.

wachie

Shiet, if xbox is at 300k ps4 is in trouble? Am I wrong?
$99 PS4 on Black Friday.

book it

Congrats to MS for beating Sony in their price drop month and at a time when Halo isn't what it used to be. That's a good result for them this month, although we really need to see how close (or not) the numbers were. I can't see Sony being too far behind however and if it is close than PS4 also put in the work during Halo month.
lol at that spin

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If that's real, then, asking again: when did the PS4's price cut start in US?

Great too see Halo 5 as a standalone SKU top the list. Deserved.

I think overestimate and are overestimating the power of the Uncharted franchise. It sold a lot as a franchise on the PS3 but it's been awhile since the last Uncharted and with these sales, especially how it was advertised, project a downward trend for the franchise similar to what happened to God of War.

They're both still big franchises but Sony would be better served moving on with The Last of Us, Gran Turismo and more exclusivity deals like Street Fighter V.

photo.jpg

Top Bottom