• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

What's with all the cats? Lol

Cats can usually smell when pie is close to be served.

tumblr_mtukgtsqHn1rbjy17o1_400.gif

Going to be interesting to see how well Halo does against Battlefront and CoD

Well it dropped 79% in its 2nd week in the UK and if sales are following a similar trajectory in the US of both being hugely down and also dropping a big time second week, it will likely not hold up well against them at all

Some months there are titles that sell in the 7 digits in one month.

Other months there aren't.

Its under 1 fucking million?!

OH MY GOD its worse than even what I imagined as the worst case scenario

HOLY FUCK

So Bgamer was right about people forgetting to consider the bundle pre-orders from previous months that were counted this month.

305K (if true) is not a good number at all during a "non-preseason" month with the biggest exclusive launch of the gen. Less than 305K is also not a good number at all for PS4 during a price cut month. Really curious what the gap is.

kingocfs

It's also included preorders from previous months

Oh ok. So since they first started taking preorders?

i don't know much about this npd stuff

Half the games in the top 10 were released before October. Halo had to beat Ass Creed and a wrestling game, beating Ass Creed may be considered good?

I mean, yeah, i would say so. Especially when one is only released on the 2nd place console.

KoopaTheCasual

So Bgamer was right about people forgetting to consider the bundle pre-orders from previous months that were counted this month.

305K (if true) is not a good number at all during a "non-preseason" month with the biggest exclusive launch of the gen. Less than 305K is also not a good number at all for PS4 during a price cut month. Really curious what the gap is.
Yea, this was my only take away. Why were sales so unimpressive in what should have been a really huge month for both?

This can't be true. There's gotta be some caveat somewhere.

Welfare

This month is absolutely awful when it comes to not knowing when someone is fucking around.

Halo 5 can't be below 1 million. Where the fuck did all the sales go?

Well with BF deals right this month, I wouldn't be surprised if people have finally learned patience and are just waiting to buy consoles and games this month where they get much better deals.

The way sales are being alluded to I'm curious if Halo 5 even beat SSB4 on WiiU.

If a mainline Halo opens under a million then we got a real problem.

I mean thats a TERRIBLE opening for a Halo game. There is no way around it, its awful.

Now in comparison to other franchises no, but for Halo? Holy shit this franchise used to launch to over 3 million

Aeqvitas

Grats to MS. I thought PS might edge a small win because of the price drop, but the lack of Sony PR makes me wonder if it wasn't even that close.

Halo 5 bundles doing work, probably subsidizes the insane November deals.

Personally loving Halo 5 so a well deserved #1 spot.

Can't wait to see next month, should be interesting.

This month is absolutely awful when it comes to not knowing when someone is fucking around.

Halo 5 can't be below 1 million. Where the fuck did all the sales go?

Did MS ever confirm the 550 million being sell through?

If MS shipped a shit load of Halo, that's more than enough at the risk of channel stuffing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The COD bundle will do ok but the Star Wars Bundle with take majority of those sales since they have 3 of them.

Well we wont see the results of one of them since its Walmart exlclusive.

What 3 and what Walmart bundle exclusive to them?

Also why didn't the US get the 1GB Star Wars LE console like UK?

60% or more decline game over game.

Holy shit. Wow. Unreal

Less days of sales I know but a 60% decline is being nice as it would actually be over 66% decline. Using the days difference we are looking at close to 60% aligned likely if its sub 1 mil

Mikey Jr.

Halo under 1 million in USA.

I guess only 5 days of tracking I suppose.

But still, Halo 5 is not the same system seller. The brand seems to have really gone down. Still popular though.

But yeah, doesn't seem like Halo is the "trump card" it once was.

Top Bottom