• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

I'm not buying the statement that NG is only working on one game at the moment. I'm expecting a new game by Q4 2017 from them, preferably a new IP and then TLOU2. U4 would have probably come out Q1 to summer time this year had it not been for the massive amount of changes they made as well, which I noted for it taking so much longer compared to how long they usually take.

they stated around the time of the UC4 unveil that they had another " UC4 sized project " underway and in pre-production phase

12244849_1063503070342xum5.jpg

Oh man

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Considering Neil said that they were between 3 possible projects (TLOU2, fantasy, and sci-fi), I wonder if they decided already and obviously don't want to say for obvious reasons.

Again, a Blade Runner-esque game would be awesome. So do it, ND. You know you can make a Tears in the Rain moment.

De_Legend

Banned
Considering Neil said that they were between 3 possible projects (TLOU2, fantasy, and sci-fi), I wonder if they decided already and obviously don't want to say for obvious reasons.

Again, a Blade Runner-esque game would be awesome. So do it, ND. You know you can make a Tears in the Rain moment.

Now I really want that kind of game from ND... thanks, or not! :p

It would be awesome indeed. Though ND space opera would be awesome as well. What I'm basically saying is: please make that sci-fi game, Naughty Dog. :)

mejin

fantasy or sci-fi....fuck me...

Neil is working on the two games at the same time. I would not be surprised if Uncharted comes out next year and at E3 we get a trailer for Last of us 2 or if the game is already playable since I belive is coming out in 2017. So don't be surprised if at E3, Paris game show or PSX next year the new game shows up. Just like it did after uncharted 3 people where very surprise. Is a big team and they are all not working in Uncharted 4. They are making two games at the same time. Neil was already doing the other game before he was pulled since Amy left. He can do both games at the same time. ND has amazing talent there.

Isn't Neil busy with his Movie at this Moment??

He said in an Interview that at nights when he should be sleeping, he is working on the movie

I guess we see a new IP first and then TLOU 2 after the Movie

In celebration of the upcoming PSX and 2016 in general I have spent the past week putting together my first video edit. It ended up being a much bigger endeavor then originally expected but I think it came out rather well. It is a video of my most anticipated projects of 2016. Using this video editing software for the first time and learning the ropes so forgive the intro's lol. I'm working to get better at it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJAXF34s1yU&feature=youtu.be

It is a mashup of many trailers. The shorter trailers are full length while the longer ones are edited and games with many trailers I re-edited those trailers to fit together.

This is also confirmed 2016 titles. So no WiLD or DQXI or FFVII-R or things of that nature. It is also not fully finished as I am working to find good videos of Gran Turismo Sport, Gravity Rush 2, Dreams and stuff like that. But thought it was well enough to send out for public consumption and criticism. So watch if you want!

Corpsepyre

Banned
sam dily ‏@samdily Nov 12
@corybarlog Hi Cory, Are some veteran SMS programmers like Bob Soper , Magnus Danielsson and Thomas Miller are still work there? ty

Cory Barlog ‏@corybarlog Nov 13
@samdily The Bob Soper and Thomas Miller the fourth are both still plugging away on crazy ones and zeros here.

Cory Barlog ‏@corybarlog Nov 13
@samdily yeah we have a freaking amazing team right now and the game is starting to look fucking fantastic!

----

Man, still hoping for that December reveal.

In celebration of the upcoming PSX and 2016 in general I have spent the past week putting together my first video edit. It ended up being a much bigger endeavor then originally expected but I think it came out rather well. It is a video of my most anticipated projects of 2016. Using this video editing software for the first time and learning the ropes so forgive the intro's lol. I'm working to get better at it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJAXF34s1yU&feature=youtu.be

It is a mashup of many trailers. The shorter trailers are full length while the longer ones are edited and games with many trailers I re-edited those trailers to fit together.

This is also confirmed 2016 titles. So no WiLD or DQXI or FFVII-R or things of that nature. It is also not fully finished as I am working to find good videos of Gran Turismo Sport, Gravity Rush 2, Dreams and stuff like that. But thought it was well enough to send out for public consumption and criticism. So watch if you want!

Just watching it now; good stuff dude. God, it's been months since I watched the Uncharted 4 demo and it looks so amazing. The smoke and fire in particular are incredible.

salromano

Small update to the PS4 hype image:

Added: Valkyria: Azure Revolution, Valkyira Chronicles Remaster, Abzu, Avicii Vector, and Stories.

(I realize it says Valkyrie instead of Valkyria. This will get an update tomorrow anyway when we get direct-feed screenshots of Azure Revolution, so just pretend that e is an a for now. =P)

Edit 11/18: Updated the Valkyria: Azure Revolution image based off the assets we currently have.

Edit 11/18 at night: Better assets available. Updated again.

viHuGi

Banned
Small update to the PS4 hype image:

Added: Valkyria: Azure Revolution, Valkyira Chronicles Remaster, Abzu, Avicii Vector, and Stories.

(I realize it says Valkyrie instead of Valkyria. This will get an update tomorrow anyway when we get direct-feed screenshots of Azure Revolution, so just pretend that e is an a for now. =P)

Amazing!

Isn't Neil busy with his Movie at this Moment??

He said in an Interview that at nights when he should be sleeping, he is working on the movie

I guess we see a new IP first and then TLOU 2 after the Movie

Hope the guy doesn't give himself a stroke or something. Seems stressful enough being a game developer, without adding a second job in your spare time to the mix.

Wasn't there a rumour recently that they were going to be able to retroactively add trophies to older games? I would probably replay Alundra and Final Fantasy IX if they had trophies. And hopefully they up their game with regard to the number of PS2 classics on the store. I need to replay Black!

im alreay that satisfied with the conferences we had this year
(The Best E3, great TGS, and solid PGW) that im really relaxed about the PSX and not really hungry/excited like last year

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
It's always struck me as odd that SCE hasn't looked further to build on the World Wide Studios in Japan. Like no SCE Osaka, SCE Nagoya, SCE etc. No acquisition of established Japanese indie developers. It's like these things could have made a difference in their Japanese based hand held and console software sales.

Just two developers in Tokyo (SCE Japan and Polyphony), and only one steady contract developer in Clap Hanz.

Turkoop

Banned
im alreay that satisfied with the conferences we had this year
(The Best E3, great TGS, and solid PGW) that im really relaxed about the PSX and not really hungry/excited like last year

I hope PSX will be solid too, we dont need another master troll like last year..

I have been stalking that linkedin the last couple of days and they have hired some industry vets since starting work on UC4.

A couple that spring to mind (from game design) are the lead designer on all of the OG infinity ward CODs and Titanfall
, the lead level designer on Halo 4 and the senior designer on Mirrors Edge. Felt a bit weird looking at people's work history etc. but it is public domain and super fascinating :p

Did Naughty Dog do a developer exchange with Infinity Ward or something lol considering some of their employees went to work at IW (and one which is more recent) :p

They got even more than that, I think IW has some good headhunters in the area.

Didn't know about some IW guys coming to ND.

Loss of Jacob Minkoff still hurts :-/

Wait there were more ND employees that went to IW? If you don't mind me asking, who specifically?

Also of course ND employees are talented but what did Jacob do specifically that makes his departure hurt? Was he involved in the train sequence in Uncharted 2 or something?

Wait there were more ND employees that went to IW? If you don't mind me asking, who specifically?

Also of course ND employees are talented but what did Jacob do specifically that makes his departure hurt? Was he involved in the train sequence in Uncharted 2 or something?
That's a bigger downgrade than BOPSIII from PS4 to PS3.

eFKac

Michał Iwanicki, I recall one more, I'll tell you if I put my finger on the name.

Top Bottom