• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

GnawtyDog

Banned
I've just seen this on twitter. I hope it means what I think it means!

tih1G7r.png

GVFbI3L.gif

No way, if we are lucky we will get some tidbits of information.

They have absolutely no business showing footage of that game until XV ships.

ah didn't express myself cleary :p
that was actually what i meant (that the game will be present at PSX) - not that we will see actual footage/Gameplay

They said that, the next time we will get informations about this game will be in Winter/December

And i think PSX is a much better stage for this huge Game, than the Jump Festa. Also because of Square Enix trolling last year at the PSX

I wonder if Bend can have a game that has the same impact as Horizon had at E3.
I am really looking forward to it, they're a capable studio!

Edit: I lost hope on the Level-5 game. We won't see it this year :/

I've just seen this on twitter. I hope it means what I think it means!

tih1G7r.png

Awesome. Hope this means what we think it means.

Hype levels set to overdrive.

fSj7092.gif

Ha ha ha, what the fuck?!

Holy shit. New Syphon Filter please D:

Nah, let them try something new. I think for the most part people would be more receptive to a completely new and fresh original IP like Horizon or TLoU - plus, I'm pretty sure Shinobi has heavily hinted (if not outright stated) that it will be an open world horror game. I seem to recall that he clarified it would be more 'realistic' horror in the same vein as The Last of Us, rather than full-on crazy horror like Silent Hill.

FATALITY

Banned
Here's my edit of pager99's image of upcoming PS4-only (+PC, other PS platforms) games:

Side-note: in case I want to add/remove things in the future, does anyone know of a way to add new stuff in between current games without having to manual move everything else?

Edit: Shameless self promo, but I have updated lists of the latest PS4 exclusives, as well as exclusives across all other platforms, here: http://gematsu.com/exclusives/

lol never heard of republique.
"check on youtube" sold

It would be pretty funny if Bend's game was actually called Panic. Like Yoshida's hint from a while back.

And I can only speak for myself, but I'm okay with not seeing any more of Uncharted 4 before launch. Already feel like I've seen too much.

Yeah I'm on media blackout. I'll ignore my stream if anything Uncharted debuts during PSX.

Really all we need now is a hype story trailer (which I will ignore).

The game is using Unreal Engine 4 I believe. I remember a couple job listings from Sony Bend that inferred a great emphasis on graphical capabilities.

Should be a looker at least!

Nice, if we get to see the new Bend game, some more infos about PSVR and footage for GT7 I'd already be happy.

Crash would be awesome though ;) or even better Colony Wars!!

mejin

Here's my edit of pager99's image of upcoming PS4-only (+PC, other PS platforms) games:

ps4gamese8r1v.jpg

Side-note: in case I want to add/remove things in the future, does anyone know of a way to add new stuff in between current games without having to manual move everything else?

Edit: Shameless self promo, but I have updated lists of the latest PS4 exclusives, as well as exclusives across all other platforms, here: http://gematsu.com/exclusives/

BB4qxnF.gif

Yeah I'm on media blackout. I'll ignore my stream if anything Uncharted debuts during PSX.

Really all we need now is a hype story trailer (which I will ignore).
Same here, no reason to see anything Uncharted 4 related. I skipped the extended E3 demo, and I wish I didn't see the first part either.

viHuGi said:
Uncharted 4 BETA is almost here.
There has to be another way of getting into this without buying the collection.

God dangg it's beautiful. And expensive lol.

Well i have the Collection, loving it :p
I have the collection as well, it's on the PS3. -_- I'll have plenty to play this holiday either way, might catch up to my backlog. I would have liked to play the beta though. Apparently it's not enough for Naughty Greed to buy all 3 games on PS3 and spend a ton on a collectors edition on the PS4, I need to buy the last gen games to play the beta. It's nothing new with them though, just look at the The Last of Microtransactions Factions.

giphy.gif

It's from one of the producers of MGS4 and brief director of Halo 4, Ryan Payton. It seems promising to me.

Edit: https://twitter.com/giocorsi/status/664414810612846592 Maybe they are discussing a Shenmue 3 showing at the PSX conference?

You're overstating his role on those games a bit. He was an assistant producer on MGS4 and narrative designer on Halo 4 (he started out as creative director but was demoted mid-development).

The first three episodes of Republique are already out on iOS, Android and PC and they sound decent but it's been a year since the third episode came out, so who knows what's going on with it.

I have the collection as well, it's on the PS3. -_- I'll have plenty to play this holiday either way, might catch up to my backlog. I would have liked to play the beta though. Apparently it's not enough for Naughty Greed to buy all 3 games on PS3 and spend a ton on a collectors edition on the PS4, I need to buy the last gen games to play the beta. It's nothing new with them though, just look at the The Last of Microtransactions Factions.

giphy.gif

I wouldn't take it so personally, - and come on man, who's going to distribute a PS4 beta to users based on their PS3 game purchases?

Giving it out to people who a month before purchased a PS4 collection will net them enough interested players without some convoluted process of elimination.

GnawtyDog

Banned

Edit: I lost hope on the Level-5 game. We won't see it this year :/

It's all about the reveal. CGI trailer won't do a thing to hype me up other than show a premise.

I wouldn't take it so personally, - and come on man, who's going to distribute a PS4 beta to users based on their PS3 game purchases?

Giving it out to people who a month before purchased a PS4 collection will net them enough interested players without some convoluted process of elimination.

Yeah it's a bit off kilter to assume that PS3 games will net anyone any sort of consideration.

DKHF

You're overstating his role on those games a bit. He was an assistant producer on MGS4 and narrative designer on Halo 4 (he started out as creative director but was demoted mid-development).
I was just stating what he refers to those roles as on his Twitter profile and on podcasts I've heard him on. And I did say "brief" director lol.

The first three episodes of Republique are already out on iOS, Android and PC and they sound decent but it's been a year since the third episode came out, so who knows what's going on with it.
When the PS4 version was announced they said that it would include all five episodes so the fourth and fifth episodes could come out along with it. And it might not be too far away because it was listed for February by Amazon Germany https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/657214863719145472

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'd love a Bend reveal. That and God of War, though it will probably just be a cinematic teasing its direction, could make for a pretty good show.

Bend's game better not be a CGI reveal. After Horizon's killer reveal, it would be pretty lame if they went the CGI route with this one.

Not sure how further along GoW is, but I'd just love an official confirmation at this point that it's definitely being made. They should also make clear the direction they're taking with the game.

Trevelyan

Banned
I'd love a Bend reveal. That and God of War, though it will probably just be a cinematic teasing its direction, could make for a pretty good show.

Yeah, at this point it seems the last 2 major games from SCE this year are Sony Bend and SSM. Sony Bend's game in late 2016 and SSM in March 2017.

Should leave E3 nice and open for Sucker Punch and a new From Software/SCEJ collaboration.

Yeah, at this point it seems the last 2 major games from SCE this year are Sony Bend and SSM. Sony Bend's game in late 2016 and SSM in March 2017.

Should leave E3 nice and open for Sucker Punch and a new From Software/SCEJ collaboration.

fromsoftware puts out dark souls 3 next year in march/april it would be too early,

i fully expect a level5 collab to be shown instead provided level 5 is ready to show it of course

I don't think so, all their attempt failed, They're the only console maker to never have made a very successful FPS game. Even Nintendo has had the Prime series. I think they'll just rely on 3rd party properties like they're doing as of now. They already co marketed Call of Duty, Battlefield, Battlefront, Destiny and Far Cry 4. That's basically all the big FPS franchise currently out, I personally take it as an admission that they won't be pursuing that type of game.
Why do people insist Killzone is a failure? Consistent multi million seller with pretty good critical reception.

Trevelyan

Banned
fromsoftware puts out dark souls 3 next year in march/april it would be too early,

i fully expect a level5 collab to be shown instead provided level 5 is ready to show it of course

From also put out Bloodborne this year, and then revealed Dark Souls 3 a few months later. They're an efficient and well oiled machine that seems to be able to put out very high quality games almost on a yearly basis now.

From also put out Bloodborne this year, and then revealed Dark Souls 3 a few months later. They're an efficient and well oiled machine that seems to be able to put out very high quality games almost on a yearly basis now.

touche, hmm that would be quite soon if it did get revealed and shipped the following year, damn

then dark souls 4 the following year :p

stryke

They also somehow found time to port DS2 to PS4/XB1.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
When the PS4 was announced he was asked what type of game he wanted to make for it and this was what he said

http://kotaku.com/5990489/japanese-developers-weigh-in-on-the-ps4

You can kinda see where this is headed...

That almost sounds like PT, haha. (Yes I know he worked on SH, which makes it doubly awesome)

Tarsier's being very cagey about the platforms the game will appear on. After they initially talked about aiming for PS4 in comments on their blog and on Twitter, they've since gone back and started simply saying that they're keeping their options open regarding platforms and that they have yet to decide anything. So while their relationship with Sony points toward PS4, there's also the chance the game could come to pc and Xbox One.

Here's two interviews I found from earlier in the year where platforms were mentioned, as well as a Twitter reply about bringing the game to pc, making the multiplatform thing seem a bit more plausible: http://www.gamepur.com/feature/1825...lusive-hunger-suspense-adventure-meaning.html

Yeah, this is why I brought it up. I hope this doesn't mean they aren't developing for PS4, because I want to play Hunger very badly.

I seem to recall that he clarified it would be more 'realistic' horror in the same vein as The Last of Us, rather than full-on crazy horror like Silent Hill.

Aw, I like full-on crazy horror, specially like Silent Hill.

Zukkoyaki

I'm more than a little confident that Sony Bend is going to have a big reveal and make quite an impact at PSX much like Guerrilla did with Horizon at E3. I expect it to begin with a trailer of sorts and then transition into gameplay footage just like Horizon did. The way that Shu has been teasing it over the past couple of years and the way a couple of insiders have talked about have me optimistic that it's going to be great.

If God of War gets revealed, it'll be a CG trailer and then they'll show gameplay at E3.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Think all those 300 devs are working on UC4?

A few of them must be working on the new project, just a few though. I doubt they are doing 150 and 150, each on a different thing.

I hope they decided to go for the futuristic setting. I want a Blade Runner game done by ND.

Why do people insist Killzone is a failure? Consistent multi million seller with pretty good critical reception.

I was talking overall. yes Killzone is a pretty successful franchise but knowing the huge popularity of FPS it's nothing exceptional. I would be surprised if they release another one.

kyser73

For the same reasons they say 'PS3 made a comeback.' despite it outselling the 360 globally almost every month it was on sale from launch - USA=World.

You still see it on sales threads - people being 'amazed' at where PS4 sales are coming from, for example.

with all these big shooters like Destiny, COD, BF and eventually Titanfall...im not sure if Sony really needs their own big FPS IP (where they failed the past years anyway)

Those Destiny/Battlefront Deals are probably enough

Bend's game better not be a CGI reveal. After Horizon's killer reveal, it would be pretty lame if they went the CGI route with this one.

Not sure how further along GoW is, but I'd just love an official confirmation at this point that it's definitely being made. They should also make clear the direction they're taking with the game.

I really hope Bend's game does not get a CGI reveal either, but generally speaking I think Sony has pretty much moved away from that by now. God of War Ascension had a short CGI teaser, but I can't think of any other games they revealed since the PS3 early days which had a CGI trailer. EDIT - I mean big tentpole releases. There are still some CGI reveals like Shadow of the Beast and Wattam, to my annoyance.

As for God of War, Corey had said it's in development and SSM have heavily hinted that they'll be showing something next month, so I think it's going to be the big centrepiece game.

I still think that God of War will be revealed at E3 next year.

I would prefer that because I think we're looking at an early 2017 release, but I'm pretty sure it's getting its reveal next month.

Think all those 300 devs are working on UC4?

I imagine the vast majority of the company is working on Uncharted 4, but hopefully they have a small team prototyping or in pre-production for something new. Savage Starlight is going to take an extra-long time if Druckmann and Straley are leading on it!

I don't think so, all their attempt failed, They're the only console maker to never have made a very successful FPS game. Even Nintendo has had the Prime series. I think they'll just rely on 3rd party properties like they're doing as of now. They already co marketed Call of Duty, Battlefield, Battlefront, Destiny and Far Cry 4. That's basically all the big FPS franchise currently out, I personally take it as an admission that they won't be pursuing that type of game.

I was talking overall. yes Killzone is a pretty successful franchise but knowing the huge popularity of FPS it's nothing exceptional. I would be surprised if they release another one.

I mean, you've basically just described Metroid Prime and Resistance - a moderately successful FPS franchise which sold very well on its first iteration (~4 million to ~4.5 million) but gets dwarfed by the big guns, and is now more than likely dormant.

Top Bottom