• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Sorian

Banned
This post is going to be my impressions from memory. I'm looking at the thing on the front page with all the players so if I leave someone out, it's not because I forgot about them but because they have flown under my radar so much that I have nothing to say about them

Stanleypalmtree - Has met his posting requirement but is not actively participating, a safe lynch target because we can't fall back on him getting replaced but we know nothing about him - Null read

UltraJay - Has been generally around and optimistic about participating. Tries to breed discussion but isn't getting much of anything going. I read overeager town from him for now - Leaning Town

Trigger - Was really under my radar for awhile but the "I am town!" post and Squidy kind of reaffirming my own suspicion has put him towards scum side for me. The best way to put it is really to echo Squidy, this player cares more about their appearance than hunting scum and that is usually a dead give away of a first time mafia - Leaning Scum

Unmasked Ferret - Dude is as smooth as silk and for that I'm treating him as a dangerous entity. This is the player that I feel like I won't ever be able to pin down with reads until it is too late and because of that I am going to be skeptical of him all game. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that though so this seems like a prime framer target if there is one in play. Investigators beware if you want to check him, just my two cents. - Leaning Scum

Darklighter - You can read my description for Stanley above, I have the same thoughts here - Null Read

Boo Boo'n - I pressed him for awhile today and so far I haven't seen anything particularly scummy come out of the press. Am I sold that he is town? Nah but I'm less sure that he is scum now. - Neutral Read (meaning he could go either way, I'm not saying he is neutral aligned)

TL21xx - The Scrafty slip up from earlier today in his reads list does not sit well with me. Reads lists are more of a chore for scum because they already know who the good and bad guys are, they are more likely to have inconsistencies or safe choices because they aren't trying to piece together the puzzle like we are. Mix that with some other inconsistencies like saying that his RNG vote was just there as a beginning of day type deal and then defending it later as a reason to hold his vote on Seath or Setre or whoever, it just all smells like crap to me. - Leaning Scum, this is where I am voting right now.

Ty4on - I had a little thing with him early in the day phase because he was my RNG target but I did actually attempt to extract information from him. He did engage me when I had a vote on him but I notice he slipped off the map once he didn't have that motivation on him anymore. I could very much believe that this was a scum lurking back to the shadows. Keeping my eyes on you - Leaning Scum

Pop-O-Matic - Always quiet, and I'm not surprised at that at all but today has seemed particularly heavy on the fluff and standing back. I still find his Scrafty vote odd but I don't disagree with it. Her character gets in the way of making a proper read on her and it is distracting. That being said though, Pop is another one that I feel cares more about appearances than helping town. - Leaning Scum

AbsolutBro - Very quiet but has been helpful in most/all of his posts. Having a big post count like me isn't a requirement to being a good and helpful townie. Absolut has been quality over quantity for sure and I've been appreciating that all day - Leaning Town

Mike_Hawk - Mostly getting a null read from him. He deflects a lot but has also interjected some sage advice here and there when it comes to other players or thoughts on game/mechanics. - Null read

Mazre - Honestly, I almost didn't put you on my list but you are playing the exact same as Archer from what I remember and your reads seem mostly solid. That's really all I have to say. - Leaning Town

Razmos - I did go back over your posts earlier today with what Squidy said in mind but I'm still not feeling the same as him. I think you are acting super guarded because of past trauma (caused by squidy apparently) but I'm not seeing anything one way or another from you. Will be watching - Null Read

Scrafty - Oh Scrafty, I don't know what to think about you. You believe that your vote HAS to be on a contender for some reason and that got me in MGS but you still believe it here. Ignoring that because even though I find it scummy, it seems like that is your play style, past that I still didn't like your reasoning for switching the Dark vote, it was an inconsistency from earlier in the day and you didn't even try to play it off as a mistake or anything. You were leaning scum but you've come back center for now - Neutral Read (meaning I could see her either way, not that I think she is neutral aligned).

Seath - Fireblend is already berating him for that shitty claim as I write this. As far as reads go, this is a null but that unneeded claim is policy lynch territory for me. - Null Read policy lynch

Coppa - Has been generally helpful and insightful as the day has been going. Did pop in earlier today to say that he would post more but never did, that is kind of suspect but otherwise has seemed to be on the ball. Super helpful Coppa was neutral in MGS though so I have to be careful but - Leaning Town

Squidy - I don't know. On the surface, he is here to catch scum. You can see if when he actually posts which has felt pretty sparse and I recall him being a lot more enthralled with the game as a town member in gafia and Archer. I'm leaning scum on a gut level but not enough where I would feel comfortable voting for him. he is an asset for whatever team he is on and losing him early if he is town could be detrimental. - Neutral read (could go eitehr way, don't mean alignment)

Fireblend - A lot of the same as Coppa, just generally helpful and insightful. My only issue here is that I have felt like me and him have been echos of each other on almost every policy today. We have had similar play styles in the past so it isn't the end of the world but it's something I need to keep an eye on because I may not be able to make proper reads when I'm being mirrored like this. - Leaning Town

gryvan - I explained this a little earlier but he is playing like someone who has no communication outside of this chat. That doesn't excuse him from being scum since we have seen scum players that were divided from their team in other cases but he doesn't appear to be a part of the main contingent to me. - Leaning Town

That being said, this is the list of players that I am willing to vote for today. Barring no extravagantly new information, I will not be voting outside of this block so if you chucklefucks (couldn't help myself :p) decide to bring someone else to the forefront, don't expect my vote to help unless it has to break a tie.

Stanleypaltree, Trigger, Ferret, Darklighter, Boo Boo'N, Tl21xx, Ty4on, Pop, Mike_Hawk, Razmos, Scrafty, or Seath

That being said, for the reasons that I posted above, this is the person I will be pressing towards death today from here on out until I see a reason not to.

VOTE: TL21xx

Mazre

Off to bed soon but as stated earlier it's vote time:

VOTE: Setre

This is a long shot play. As I stated previously, I feel it's low odds that theres a mafia in our currently small no lynch group of Setre and gryvan. That said if I'm gonna take a long shot I wanna do it early in the game. I'm giving my vote to setre over gryvan as gryvan was the first to declare interest in no lynch, has been quieter of late, and gryvan is new to gafia so he's getting a little day 1 leeway (all such considerations are off come day 2.)

Sorian

Banned
Top of page hype!

Then that's a win by my book!

Take out a regular townie with no special ability in night 1 rather than someone else at random who might have a useful ability.

No, all you did was screw up town a little bit. If they believe your claim they are going to IGNORE you at night not kill you. You've made their list smaller when it comes to finding PRs.

Kevyt

Top of page hype!

No, all you did was screw up town a little bit. If they believe your claim they are going to IGNORE you at night not kill you. You've made their list smaller when it comes to finding PRs.

Oh shit! You're right! I didn't think of that... Its like a double edge sword. Dang it.

Coppanuva

Then that's a win by my book!

Take out a regular townie with no special ability in night 1 rather than someone else at random who might have a useful ability.

Err... That's not what will happen. If scum thinks someone is normal right now they have no reason to target them at night when better options exist. If there's 10 town, and 4 power roles, their chances of picking a power go from 40% to 4/9 if they cut one person off their list who's a normal town. Claiming ordinary town helps them way more right now.

Kevyt

Wait! I could be leaving out some details about my role, or lying about it. What if I have this super awesome ability that no one else has that could be a game changer?

Just what if...

You never know in this town between the faceless woman or the dude from down the street.

So come at me Mafia~

Coppanuva

Coppa - Has been generally helpful and insightful as the day has been going. Did pop in earlier today to say that he would post more but never did, that is kind of suspect but otherwise has seemed to be on the ball. Super helpful Coppa was neutral in MGS though so I have to be careful but - Leaning Town

Fair point, I apologize for not posting more after I said that. I'm really curious to see what all happens in the night and look forward to getting some better idea of if a neutral even exists this time. Personally, I'm not entertaining the idea until some evidence proves contrary, I don't like playing with too much paranoia running around, it only hurts us. Right now we have at least 1 solid enemy team, and that's enough for me to go by on Day 1.

I was going to move my vote from Seath but that claim doesn't make me feel comfortable doing so. He claimed normal town. Second person who did that today, and I'm pretty sure we brought up the same exact argument we just used on him when Trigger did it earlier. It doesn't sit right with me at all. I'm not sure he's scum, but I still would place him in my top lynch candidates list. I'm planning to post my reads list and outline my top 3 choices for lynching with at least 12 hours left on the clock tomorrow.

Sorian

Banned
Fuck...

I need to get some sleep.

Wait! I could be leaving out some details about my role, or lying about it. What if I have this super awesome ability that no one else has that could be a game changer?

Just what if...

You never know in this town between the faceless woman or the dude from down the street.

So come at me Mafia~

I don't buy any of this. I have a hard time believing you didn't think this through and that we just walked you through an epiphany.

Fair point, I apologize for not posting more after I said that. I'm really curious to see what all happens in the night and look forward to getting some better idea of if a neutral even exists this time. Personally, I'm not entertaining the idea until some evidence proves contrary, I don't like playing with too much paranoia running around, it only hurts us. Right now we have at least 1 solid enemy team, and that's enough for me to go by on Day 1.

I'm not entertaining the idea of a neutral yet either. I'm sure it's there but really I'm just looking for anyone not town at this point. I only mentioned it in your read because you've flown under the radar before and you were a neutral at the time.

Kevyt

Omg...

I'm just trying to see who replies/who says what and why and to get a read in someone... Hopefully.

It's easier when your quotes are in green and in mobile

;_;

TL21xx

Banned
Hey TL21xx, what's your opinion on Seath now that he made this claim?

There's role flashing, and then there's that. I'm starting to reconsider my unvote...

Also, Sorian, my responses have been primarily focused on defending myself because the majority of posts aimed at me have been just that. And I cannot stress enough that the Scrafty thing was a legit botch on my part. I know you're not gonna believe me, but I'll try to do better on that.

Be back to post more in a minute, gonna re-read the thread.

TL21xx

Banned
Coppa, let's drop the Seath train for the moment. I'm leaning towards that being a newbie mistake. You're staying in my scope from here out, buddy.

3662682-3x2-340x227.jpg

Proper reads on the way...

Coppanuva

Coppa, let's drop the Seath train for the moment. I'm leaning towards that being a newbie mistake. You're staying in my scope from here out, buddy.

Eh, it's not damning. However I'm not removing it for the time being. I'm working on my reads list now (actually I just got to you!), and I plan to move my vote sometime after I get my reads list up. I'm keeping him in my sights, but it'll likely be for a later day since there are other "players" I would prefer we lynch.

Kevyt

3662682-3x2-340x227.jpg

Proper reads on the way...

A mistake... Or a masterplan to bail out and get leads on scum, depending on how you look at it tbh.

Kevyt

A mastermind never reveals his master-minded plans dahlin' ;)

I'll post my list up tomorrow US eastern afternoon time.

I really need to get some sleep now...

This discourse and interaction has been very productive.

Sorian

Banned

I really need to get some sleep now...

This discourse and interaction has been very productive.

inb4 I'm suspect because I called you on this non-sense.

Too lazy to go back a page and quote just came back from a bar

Sorian; I was thinking about AC gossip chat but idk how it works, I got the recruit one person at night but was there 1 chat or 2 on that game? One with town as leader and the other with scum as leader? I didn't read much on AC, so if anyone wants to chime in, it would be appreciated!

VOLUNTEER lol

Forgot to add the part about Seath "slip". I also don't believe that was an accident.
Probably just trying to fake claim as a regular townie to stay low on scum radar.
But everything is good now the balance is back since no one knows what master plan he has.

TL21xx

Banned
I promised reads, and I come bearing them! Sorry for the megapost.

StanleyPalmtree

Stanley hasn't really posted enough for me to have any implications one way or another. Have to make him a null read for now, but the relative silence is disconcerting.

UltraJay

UltraJay has been very good about pressing for information, and is all around consistent. A bit agreeable, but seems to come by it honestly. I am leaning towards a town read.

Trigger

Trigger had that flinchy moment earlier in the thread, but I attribute that to early game jitters. Going to go with a null read for the moment, but will be monitoring closely due to squidyj's good point I'll discuss later.

Unmasked Ferret

Ferret, Ferret, Ferret... My, what an eventful opening you've had. Ferret has been thrown right into the vote fire, and has spent most of his time playing damage control. He is playing very passive, and I'm not so sure that's a good thing. Leaning scum for now.

Darklighter

Seeing a lot of unease towards Biggs, and I can't say I blame it. I am not feeling strong about him, but can say that there's enough for me to lean scum for the moment. Time will tell. Leaning scum.

Boo Boo'n

Boo Boo'n hasn't posted very much outside of the Ferret incident. I am not liking this. Feels scummy.

Karu

Karu has been pretty silent. Need to see more from him. Null read.

Ty4on

I am not feeling one way or the other about Ty4on yet. Seems to be posting just enough of the right kinds of posts to be possibly town aligned, but hasn't given me a reason to cement this opinion yet. Keeping him at null.

Pop-O-Matic

I like Pop, and not because of that WrassleGAF connection (though I'm sure it'll blind me one day in a green mist of doom). He has been good about giving reads in each post and giving heads up for dark periods. Leaning town.

AbsolutBro

Has posted very little for very good reasons that show a clear departure from his usual playstyle. Feeling like I need to see more from him to move him outside of a null read, but feel that he is probably closer to the town side than scum. Still leaving this at null for now.

Mike_Hawk689

Mike has been playing it safe. Not sure if clearly town or smart scum yet. Keeping my read for him at null until further notice. Keeping an eye on him

Mazre

Mazre has been very good about posting his thoughts, and has kept an eye out on other players. A very null trait, but his content has me leaning town.

Razmos

Not seeing enough from Razmos to go one way or the other, but he is reacting quite a bit towards being pressed, though this appears to be due to bagage from a previous game. Keeping it null for now, but monitoring.

ScraftyDevil

A lovely role-player, Scrafty has made it hard to read her as a result. Has also caused me to get on the hotseat with Sorian, but that's my own fault for not paying attention. The inconsistencies are what is causing me to lean towards scum for the moment. Rightfully in the hotseat.

Seath

We all know my take on Seath at the moment. That was a bad idea. I'll let it slide for now, but watch your back buddy.

Coppanuva

Coppa's been pretty good about trying to get information, and has claimed that meetings are keeping him from being able to post as much. I feel comfortable with him so far, but some of that may be due to his assistance on the Seath front. Leaning town for now.

squidyj

Squiddy has been busy with Fallout aparently, and thus has been rather silent. Very thoughtful post on Trigger that tinged my read a tiny bit and has me questioning if I should leave that read at null, but the silence since then is a bit offputting. Currently sticking with a null read for more investigation.

Sorian

Our resident mass poster. Very good at pressing, as I've experienced first hand. Excellent at pointing out contradictions, but this can be an issue when dealing with newer players and may lead to some false positives. Not his fault though, we can be easy to crack. That being said, he is exactly the kind of player I'd expect to play undetectable town as scum. I'll be monitoring him thoroughly because of this, but I'm willing to say he is town for now.

Setre

Setre has been very fluffy so far and has already made a town claim. The lack of recent posting also makes me a bit suspect. I'm very suspect. Leaning scum

Fireblend

Another poster that has been good about pressing with their reads, and doing a solid job similar to Sorian. Leaning town.

gryvan

Another one to monitor, but I think he checks out. I think the tone in post #389 shows his demeanor pretty well. Also very clearly showing his newness, so he gets a bit of a pass for naivite. Leaning town.

Royal_Flush

I haven't seen as much from Royal this game. I recall there were some mentions of life getting in the way, but he has been rather quiet this game. No read for him yet, need more information to give one. Keep it null for now.

And with that, I bid you all good night.

giphy.gif

Coppanuva

Wrote up my thoughts right now, but I'm going to hold off on them until the morning. I'm hoping some people will respond to certain events without me prompting them to. I'll probably post it tomorrow morning my time though, with some edits thrown in.

TL21xx

Banned
And I just ruined my post by epic GIF exit by forgetting to vote...

I'm joining in with Mazre for the longshot.

VOTE: Setre

UltraJay

Well, that'll be... interesting to see...

Lots of overall reads coming down. My prodding got people to respond but not much else. I need more. I'll post a full list of my own after I get off work.

Well howdy again neighbors, i must say that im might sorry for my unfortunately unavoidable absences from the partaking's of this here rowdy mob, but i have found my recent days very suddenly swallowed up by a very unexpected priority in my soon to be finished tertiary education, a particular project of which i dedicated a grand amount, one i thought i had put behind me, has sprung a proverbial leak and i sure as sam dont want this ship going down on me.
luckily assure yall that after a single more day of the proverbial leak pluging i will be free to devote more than enough time to this fine old hunt for the intruders in this fine old town.

thats right folks, the Stan-Storm is coming, if'in your willing to wait just a little while.

I read this whole this as Old Man McGucket and it was glorious.

In game thoughts:

I find the posters being selected for being "low post count" posters kind of interesting. Not who gets selected is almost as interesting as who didn't get selected. Trying to earn points by calling out their illicit companions, or trying to paint a target on an innocent resident of Night Vale. Guess we'll see...

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

My love for Gravity Falls will not blind me to your low input!

(I realize you are on pretty much the other side of the world from me, but bring it on!)

i will say that i am surely glad to see that to many, the low profile will not go unnoticed, even if'in that does result in just these kinds of awkward misunderstandings, for it is no uncommon plan of the guilty to hide from all they can.
but sir i must ensure you that you're suspicion are very misplaced, and again i can only offer my apologies as to only being able to apologize. any other attempt to re-direct you're attention would only be a dishonest attempt, not the kind i like to make.

in my recent absence i fear i have missed many of the recent goings ons, and in missing such i truely have little clue as to whom the finger shall be pointed at next. and i truely dislike to leave my thought up to a wheel, for a towns problem is the towns problem, to disturb a wheel with such would be just plain ole rude.

Darklighter

Neo Member
As no roles/powers/abilities (what do you call them?) have been used, there is no information to go off of on day 1, so I'm finding all the predictions based on solely on posting activity a bit amusing. There really can't be substantial discussion until players start using their roles.

Suggesting someone is scum because they don't respond to you in the window of a few hours is silly. I may only check GAF once a day; this does not make me scum. Similarly, posting more often does not make you a townie.

Vote: Royal_Flush

Also, 3rd GAF post, whoo!

Forgot to add the part about Seath "slip". I also don't believe that was an accident.
Probably just trying to fake claim as a regular townie to stay low on scum radar.
But everything is good now the balance is back since no one knows what master plan he has.
I can't tell if this is irony, a very bad try on taking heat from your scum partner or just you coming from a bar. I don't like this post one bit.

The odd thing currently is that I don't have any single scum suspects but more like small scum teams on my list. Those would be

TL21xx - Scrafty - Darklighter
Mikehawk - Seath

I think there was a third but I don't remember right now. I also have to head to university now so don't expect the third team within the next 10 hours (Though I will check the thread for updates from time to time)

Anyway, I'd like to vote on the most deadweight player of one of these teams in case I'm wrong. That excludes Scrafty for now from my today's potential targets.

As no roles/powers/abilities (what do you call them?) have been used, there is no information to go off of on day 1, so I'm finding all the predictions based on solely on posting activity a bit amusing. There really can't be substantial discussion until players start using their roles.

Suggesting someone is scum because they don't respond to you in the window of a few hours is silly. I may only check GAF once a day; this does not make me scum. Similarly, posting more often does not make you a townie.

The logic behind this is that if we don't have leads on scum voting out the people whose loss is least painful to town is preferable i.e.a the one that contribute much. Also seems like I have an OMGUS vote now o/

Just gonna say that while Seath's looking highly suspect right now, I don't really think he's scum because scum chat would have told him to shut the fuck up before he wound up digging himself that deep. Really feels like that was just his newbie ignorance showing, and he honestly didn't know any better. If scum can make more than 1 night kill, though, I could see them offing him to test and see if he actually has something, but if I imagine that there might be a couple of targets they would place at higher priority.

Yeah, that's Day 1 for you. Basically a whole lot of pointless bickering about what's suspicious being done in the name of rooting out scum. One of the reasons I don't really engage that much during this point in the game (though I'm trying to engage more than I did last time to avoid another Day 1 near-lynch). Still some of the things that happen at this point can come back and be important later in the game, so it's not like it's worthless...

Seath isn't even a newbie is he? Wasn't he in Archer or Cthulhu?

Well fuck. Their play totally felt like a bad newb play, and I knew that there was a fair deal of newbs in this game, so I just made an assumption. You know what they say, though: "Making assumptions makes and ass out of you and umption." Still, I stand by what I was saying that they just a townie who made a bad play rather than scum who tried and failed to look like a helpful townie.

UltraJay

I remember there being a sloth avatar in Animal Crossing. Dunno if it was Seath, on mobile right now. They played weird there and revealed that he had double voting power when a double vote wasn't even useful. They then got lynched or killed by the mob... forgot which. They were the town mayor. :(

Not that we can even use other games as evidence though. Or if that was even Seath.

I'm going to take my vote off of Royal and move it to

Vote: Darklighter

Primarily because I don't like his latest post for a slew of reasons.

Darklighter I'll ask now and hope you'll respond when you check GAF tomorrow. Did you only put your vote on Royal_Flush because he voted for you, or do you have some other reason?

Razmos

I remember there being a sloth avatar in Animal Crossing. Dunno if it was Seath, on mobile right now. They played weird there and revealed that he had double voting power when a double vote wasn't even useful. They then got lynched or killed by the mob... forgot which. They were the town mayor. :(

Not that we can even use other games as evidence though. Or if that was even Seath.
Seath was in Animal Crossing, before they changed their GAF username.

Fireblend

Banned

Another Darklighter post, another knee-jerk reaction, and total disregard for comments on his previous post and the state of the game in general.

Is mafia's strategy to play so terribly bad no one will believe they can possibly be part of a team?

UltraJay

The odd thing currently is that I don't have any single scum suspects but more like small scum teams on my list. Those would be

Mikehawk - Seath.

What makes you think TL21xx is in league with Scrafty and Biggs?

Check GAF once a day? You received PMs and confirmed your participation so you knew it was going down - but you didn't respond until the second day of Day 1 after being prodded. Didn't even pop in before the game started to say hi.

You're right. None of this is damning. Your posts since you've arrived ARE. That vote on Flush makes no sense. You didn't give a single reason why. You have to have more to go on than "lol Day 1 LAWL they voted me I vote back." We need to vote someone that will hurt us the least who have at least some chance of being scum. (Though, Royal could be)

You need to give us more to go on. Give us some reads.

Also, Sorian. The names you left out in your reads post could be telling. Royal_Flush (you may have had some things to say about him earlier) and Karu aren't there. To be fair, Karu isn't on ANYBODY'S radar. It's like he's invisible.

Fireblend

Banned
In fact it almost sounds like he wants PRs to come forward "so we can have a substantial conversation". I don't see my vote moving anytime soon.

Warxard

Banned
I'm going to take my vote off of Royal and move it to

Primarily because I don't like his latest post for a slew of reasons.

Let's look at a previous post you made:

There isn't really anything wrong with having safe opinions, but it is also an easy way for scum to make it look like they have been trying to really contribute so sometimes it's good to be wary of people with them.

Keeping in mind that you said that safe opinions are fine, look now at Darklighter's post:

Where's the outrageous, knee-jerk comment here?

I'd argue that Darklighter's first half of his voice is an entirely reasonable, and even safe approach to the discussion at hand so singling out Darklighter for the sake of having someone to press against seems kind of confrontational especially considering the amount of votes you have on you.

I believe Darklighter's comment on role use is perfectly valid for the first day.

Fireblend

Banned
I'd argue that Darklighter's first half of his voice is an entirely reasonable, and even safe approach to the discussion at hand so singling out Darklighter for the sake of having someone to press against seems kind of confrontational especially considering the amount of votes you have on you.

I believe Darklighter's comment on role use is perfectly valid for the first day.

This post wasn't addressed at me, but let me walk you through my logic nonetheless. Not because I believe you are scum, which you may be, but because worst case scenario you're a painfully misguided town that can hurt us in the long run.

Darklighter reacts not remotely like he should. It's high praise to call it a reaction in the first place because he barely addresses the state of the game or any of the responses to his previous posts, which he got plenty of, including from me. He's defending himself by defending inactivity. Inactivity. hurts. town.

This isn't a game which you can "logic your way out of". This game is about suspicion, backtracking on previous statements, and a lot of guessing. And we can't do any of that if all we have are lonely statements said to no one, no reads, no fingers pointed, no nothing. If Darklighter is town, and he dies tonight, we get *no info* in return. Mafia gets a free turn, courtesy of a shitty townie.

His vote also tells us nothing. As far as we know he picked someone between me and flush to vote for and that's it.

Now, I can't believe you'd agree with the fact that PRs should come forward. Mafia isn't going to disclose their powers, they aren't going to claim any PR that may be in the game already and can counterclaim them, and having a town PR come forward is absolute madness. Furthermore, from my experience there is no correlation at all between having a ton of claims on day 1 and whether we'll end up lynching scum or not today. Yes, we're most likely going to lynch a town member. That doesn't mean we have to act so desperately when we're at the point in the game when we outnumber mafia the most that we're going to start showing our cards.

Also, I find your and others' insistence that we're going nowhere in the game off-putting. Just because the different narratives don't particularly align with your interests or are pointing towards you as a target that doesn't mean they're not there, and I refuse to believe you're so blind as to need someone's claim's neon sign to see them. We're getting reads, we're getting fingers pointed, and that is enough of a direction for now. As I said, right now, by the numbers, town is winning.

Sorian

Banned

I find your amusement amusing. You realize that people play mafia without power roles right? Juts good old talking, reads, and deduction. People that think PRs are going to save the day are a hindrance to town. All they do is sit there hoping that someone will spoon feed them the answer. That's not how it works.

Let's look at a previous post you made:

Keeping in mind that you said that safe opinions are fine, look now at Darklighter's post:

Where's the outrageous, knee-jerk comment here?

And quoting you as well so that you notice the front half of my post and see why Dark is being unreasonable actually.

I can't tell if this is irony, a very bad try on taking heat from your scum partner or just you coming from a bar. I don't like this post one bit.

Mikehawk - Seath

I think there was a third but I don't remember right now. I also have to head to university now so don't expect the third team within the next 10 hours (Though I will check the thread for updates from time to time)

Anyway, I'd like to vote on the most deadweight player of one of these teams in case I'm wrong. That excludes Scrafty for now from my today's potential targets.

You know better so I won't press the point home but you should really be looking for individuals at this point and not teams. The best thing town can do is nail down one scum and then start working from there. Posting whole team connections can just subconsciously pigeonhole people together which isn't what we want.

-----------

So I see while we were sleeping that Darklighter came to the front. While I'm not particularly sold that he might be scum like I am with TL21xx, I can admit that early days is the best time to policy lynch on inactivity. Stanley has come in and given a real reason for his inactivity but Dark just came by and gave us a dealwithit.gif and then handwaved it away as not everyone needs to be checking the thread 24/7. I'm aware that not everyone needs to post the way that I do but he has self admitted that he will show up once a day and those one a day posts are a whole lot of nothing so while his post count is increasing, that doesn't change the fact that he is saying nothing.

So yes, I understand the motivation behind the policy lynch but I also still want to hunt scum. TL21xx on the other hand has provided a fairly safe reads list IMO. He didn't really rock the boat too much on opinions in there from what I saw and it all seemed like very surface level reads. I'm feeling more confident with my vote at the moment.

Top Bottom