• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Sorian

Banned
I'm willing to take a chance with you on this Sorian
I swear to god if this is for vote patterns

VOTE: Setre

The goal is not for vote patterns right now. If I am terribly wrong here and I just saved a scum Pop or scum Trigger though, when we find that out later, the people that jumped ship today could be telling but no, this is 100%, I think Setre is scum and the otehr two are not.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't see this post mixed in. No, my information will be coming from another player but only if I die. I'm allowed a contingency with my power if I am night killed.

By the way, before someone tries to be clever and pretend that they somehow have the information if I end up dead. What I will be passing along is information on a post that was made sometime during this day phase. It was a completely inoffensive post that had a double meaning to it. If I am not here to talk about it then my voice will explain what the post was really meant to do and why I don't trust the person. I will continue my hunt tonight and we'll see if this hunch pans out.

Do you have any
Examples of that ready?
My Pop read is null :/

ok, I indeed didn't find as much as I remembered.

For starters, there's that vote for Stanley at the very end of D1. At this point it was set that Darklighter would get lynched, so this could be an easy vote for a scum teammember.

Then there is scrafty, who also isn't exactly a clear town read for me. She went after Pop quite hard today and still does. If Pop flips scum that will push her towards town for me.

Then there is Sorian. He constantly has Pop under suspicion for the entire D1, then drops it as soon as there is real danger for him getting lynched. If Pop flips scum, it'd shift Sorian (whom I also get a weird itch from) towards scum. Especially with the most recent events. That's why I need an answer Sorian, because that would confirm you, one of the reasons for my Pop vote, as town. [Fake edit: And there it is. So if you don't die, you will post that information? (Emphasis so you see it)]

Bing, Bing, Bing...

I wont be here to defend myself when the time runs out but I see the way the tides are turning. Might as well do this now.

I'm Old Woman Josie, I talk to angels. I can send my angels to protect people at night.

Either I get voted out and you all see the truth or I die tonight due to the Mafia killing me.

Fun fact Sorian, I protected you on the first Night.

Wait, then what does getting to Day 4 matter? Today is Day 2.

Bing, Bing, Bing...

I wont be here to defend myself when the time runs out but I see the way the tides are turning. Might as well do this now.

I'm Old Woman Josie, I talk to angels. I can send my angels to protect people at night.

Either I get voted out and you all see the truth or I die tonight due to the Mafia killing me.

Fun fact Sorian, I protected you on the first Night.

From what I've heard on the podcast, this sounds like a plausible role claim, I'm not completely sold on Sorian's accusations (and, really, I still have my gut feeling that Sorian's scum), but the votes are tied between Setre and me right now, and my vote would probably be the tie-breaker, so...

...I'll leave my vote on Trigger for now.

Sorian

Banned
[Fake edit: And there it is. So if you don't die, you will post that information? (Emphasis so you see it)]

I will, at the very least, role claim for myself. I know, 100% for fact, no questions asked, KNOW someone else's role. If I think they are scum, I am role claiming for them tomorrow, if I think they are town, then this hasn't panned out and I won't be outing another PR. I have ways to make further deductions tonight and hopefully something comes of it.

--------

I'm trying to work through Setre's claim, of course he claims fucking doctor. That's the only thing that could have gotten me to hesitate.

Fuck, didn't realize we were on a new page right now. Setre's in the lead now and at this point, I think I'd rather Setre live.

Vote: Pop-O-Matic

Sorian

Banned
FUCK, no one else could be the doctor other than old woman josie. I can think of nothing else that would make sense. Pop isn't looking too scummy either unless they are both scum and he is trying for a no lynch.

Coppanuva

...God dammit. Pop why do you want Setre to live over you right now? I'm deciding if I switch or not now, but I won't if we get a tie out of it. I do however need to know your logic.

Karu

Whoops, didn't see Setre posting last on the old page, stupid page break. What to do in situations like these? We have no way of checking his claim and Sorian thinks the other two top suspects are definitely town.

Mazre

smh, this is why last minute plays are bad. Couple that with a potential PR basically playing mute and we've got a shitshow for the end of our day.

Fluff is the content
Many words, little substance
An empty defense

Unrelated to current events, just had to say this gets my vote for best haiku of the phase. Beautiful.

Sorian

Banned
Don't counter claim if you are a doctor by the way, just don't. We need to work through this another way. Do feel free to counter claim if you are Old Woman Josie though and you're ability is not protection/healing related.

FUCK, no one else could be the doctor other than old woman josie. I can think of nothing else that would make sense. Pop isn't looking too scummy either unless they are both scum and he is trying for a no lynch.
Too early to vote switch for a No-Lynch I think. Still have time for people to change their minds, like me.

unvote

I am not willing to risk killing the doctor. Its pretty simple. If Setre survives tonight we can revisit given scum would almost certainly try to kill the doctor.

That also removes the tie for now I think.

...God dammit. Pop why do you want Setre to live over you right now? I'm deciding if I switch or not now, but I won't if we get a tie out of it. I do however need to know your logic.

I believe his claim more than Sorian's (and if Sorian's scum, his claim sounds like it could easily be faked by bussing someone), but I don't think I have a strong enough case to get a train started on him. As an ordinary, I'd be nowhere near as big a loss as potentially losing the doctor so early, so it's better to just take me out now.

Sorian

Banned
Too early to vote switch for a No-Lynch I think. Still have time for people to change their minds, like me.

unvote

I am not willing to risk killing the doctor. Its pretty simple. If Setre survives tonight we can revisit given scum would almost certainly try to kill the doctor.

That also removes the tie for now I think.

Fuck, you're right in most cases, though some scum like to get clever and force us to debate about useless topics all day long and we've seen where they just let the investigator live knowing that they could mess with him (actually MGS showed us when scum lets the doctor live and mess with him too). Fuck me, all doing this does

VOTE: Pop-O-Matic

is switch my vote from the doctor to an ordinary. God damn it.

Sorian

Banned
I believe his claim more than Sorian's (and if Sorian's scum, his claim sounds like it could easily be faked by bussing someone), but I don't think I have a strong enough case to get a train started on him. As an ordinary, I'd be nowhere near as big a loss as potentially losing the doctor so early, so it's better to just take me out now.

Meh, people are alerted to my role every night, you and royal_flush just haven't been lucky enough to see it. Debating whether I am scum or town is fine but my role and power is extremely easily verifiable.

UltraJay

I should be asleep now but if Setre really is the doctor then they are dead during the night now. Hell, he may protect Sorian for his... Cop? ... Claim to prevent the scum from killing him. The scum may want to take the risk that Sorian will post from the dead to prevent further roles from coming out.

Or they could just kill the doctor if he truly is one. Or we may just end up doing that.

Fuck, you're right in most cases, though some scum like to get clever and force us to debate about useless topics all day long and we've seen where they just let the investigator live knowing that they could mess with him (actually MGS showed us when scum lets the doctor live and mess with him too). Fuck me, all doing this does
>vote snipped<
is switch my vote from the doctor to an ordinary. God damn it.
Well, it does something to scum theoretically: it forces the "do I kill the doctor or the cop". Assuming they believe your claim of course.

If the doctor protects herself and the scum try to kill her, the cop gets info.
If they target the cop and the doctor protects the cop, they get nothing AND we get info.

It's all a cat and mouse mess really.

I would still prefer we find someone we actually think might be scum though. I understand that defense might be difficult when some players havent checked in and may in fact be on vacation for the holiday or something.

Vote: seath

I maintain my (rather vague) suspicions. Although originally his flip would have guided my decision on setre, I find his lack of follow up on "I will read and get back" anti-town at least, scummy at worst.

Im off to a lunch meeting so the only access I will have until deadline is by phone.

Sorian

Banned
I'm not confident in scum at all between Trigger, Pop, or Seath. At this point flush was right and the read data from Pop might be better than anything else. We can't really lead a last minute lynch on someone other than these 3 at this point without possible catastrophic side effects.

Doctor role claim so early damn.

Im just gonna skip everything you guys talked about during the past days.
I'm still going with my D1 vote.
I kinda trust setre doctor claim. Pop's willingness to die for a doctor is also a good thing for him.

Trigger stopped posting since 9:18 my time (4 hours before deadline)
The last post was again to cast suspicion on me and TL where we all agreed im being framed. And the vote that trigger made was on pop because he has the most vote at that time.
I believe trigger understood that the votes arent gonna be on him/her (sorry Mobile cant check first page for gender lol) so he/she left as a town is gonna die (pop or setre)

Vote: Trigger

Ah its a he lol sorry disregard the she in the text!
Unless someone can show me enough evidence to clear trigger ill stick my vote for the day.
If anything can change my vote i would go for pop. Although he is town im sure he is a regular townie. It will limit our losses for today

Sorian

Banned
Trigger stopped posting since 9:18 my time (4 hours before deadline)
The last post was again to cast suspicion on me and TL where we all agreed im being framed. And the vote that trigger made was on pop because he has the most vote at that time.
I believe trigger understood that the votes arent gonna be on him/her (sorry Mobile cant check first page for gender lol) so he/she left as a town is gonna die (pop or setre)

Trigger's last post was all defense aligned. I went back and read it:

Sorry gang. I've been on vacation for the holiday. Voting me out will not help town in the least bit. I can understand why people are suspicious of me. I still believe Mike and T2lxx are suspicious. The notion that following my gut and voicing that opinion is a scum tactic is silly. It's only put a target on my back, and it seems that literally no one else agrees with me. If there was a scum team behind me than I wouldn't be alone in my argument. The real scum are in the people quietly joining the bandwagon against me. There are people who have posted far less than me and made no attempt to actually post anything different or constructive (like Setre or Stanley). It helps town more to lynch them over me. Unfortunately it seems we won't be placing any pressure on them at this point. I'll place on Pop the other leading candidate for lynching. I'm not fully convinced he's town, and the only alignment I can be sure of is my own.

Vote:pop-o-Matic

Assuming that Pop is ordinary town which seems likely at this point this is actually a pretty odd post. You know what, I'll be humble, I had Trigger at 80% town and Setre at 20% town, I'm obviously a moron so I could believe this is reversed. There were three people on the table and so far we have a doctor, an ordinary, and a ???. I'll take what's in the mystery box.

VOTE: Trigger

UNLESS SOMEONE VOTED WHILE I WAS TYPING, THIS VOTE TIES THEM AT 5-5. 35 MINUTES TO GO.

Sorian

Banned
And actually, looking at the votes, knowing Trigger's alignment would help me out a whole lot tonight with what I need to look into.

Karu

For now...

UNVOTE

I'm a bit at a loss here right now, since the reads from the day basically blew up in our faces.

There were three people on the table and so far we have a doctor, an ordinary, and a ???. I'll take what's in the mystery box.
That's just great :D Oh well, since D3 seems at least give us some progress, we'll have to take it I guess.

VOTE: Trigger[/QUOTE]

I don't want a tie, and at the moment Trigger is the only one who isn't completely reading as town.

Ty4on I saw the edit when reading through people's post from that morning when I got home from class, since I wasn't around when the day ended and only really looked for Darklighter's post.

It seems like I know a lot about Boo Boo'n because I did go back and make sure I read his post after his death, because like everyone else I was confused as to why he was killed.

Sorry about all the fluff, I'm trying to be better about it. I guess I should have used fewer words in response to Boo Boo? I'm really not sure what I could have done differently with that reaponse.

I have been trying to go against my lurker instinct and be more contributive, though I still feel like I could do better.

Sorian

Banned
As a complete aside, and this is "out of character" so basically just a post from me with no bearing on the game what so ever.

I promise we do enjoy new faces in our community and we are not purposely voting out newcomers.

I will not switch.

Mainly because I think that'll be turbo (Just in case anyone wants to make a lastminute claim) but also because I just don't know anything anymore. Way too confused to make a correct decision.

Trigger

Eep. I guess it's over for me?!

I wish I could have been more help. If nothing else maybe my flipping town will help something?

Oh my gawd, I step out for one hour and like, totally miss all of the fun!

Guess it like, doesn't really matter how I vote now since we're like ten minutes away from the deadline and Trig's tooootally a goner but I will like, say this: if Setre's still alive tomorrow then like, he's probably a bad guy, unless he has like, a self-protection power or something.

Sorian

Banned
Since we are near the end of the day and I completely forgot, it never hurts to have reads out there just in case you die. Top 3 town and top 2 scum (leaving out my third since that'll be my topic for tomorrow). Not going to put reasoning because I've made my case for all of these in the past and you can do the legwork because only 10 minutes left in the day.

Top Town: UltraJay, Coppanuva, gryvan

Top Scum: Squidy, Razmos (?)

I put a question mark next to Razmos because in all honesty, after everything that just happened, I have no fucking clue anymore. Don't use this post to figure who is delivering information for me by the way tomorrow, they may be listed in my top town, they may not. It is someone I trust and I'll leave it at that.

Sorian

Banned
Oh my gawd, I step out for one hour and like, totally miss all of the fun!

Guess it like, doesn't really matter how I vote now since we're like ten minutes away from the deadline and Trig's tooootally a goner but I will like, say this: if Setre's still alive tomorrow then like, he's probably a bad guy, unless he has like, a self-protection power or something.

Guys wait, Scrafty is here! Vote her out in the last 5 minutes!

This is an inside joke, do not actually vote for her.

Top Bottom