• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

I'm still not sold on that, neither target that the haiku person(I know today isn't a haiku but that is what I am calling them) has picked has been a particularly obvious choice in limiting discussion. I finished yesterday saying that I was going to be delivering scum today and I was right. Don't you think a scum haiku person would have picked me? Especially since Mazre knew that my death wasn't going to stop someone else from reporting my suspicions? The easiest thing to do would have been to Haiku me and hope that me not being able to convey myself well would make the suspicions hit less. Want to know what I think? Haiku is town-aligned, the person HAS to use their power everyday and if they don't it will just get RNG'd out.

Anyway, I'm not following where you got the bolded from?

Hm, I admit I'm not as familiar with PRs that HAVE to use their power or die. Fair enough.

@bolded. Correct me if I'm off base (not unlikely) but I thought it was implied that the speech power would act as a role blocker if the target messed up? If so, and Ty4on admitted he made a mistake, wouldn't he have been unable to issue a kill command that an SK would have to issue? Or did it only block their vote?

Razmos

Eurgh, I've been trying my best to make an effort today you know, and people are just bringing up real life shit again.

You know why I got angry, you know why I defended myself. I'm not bothering to explain it again.

Ty4on

Hm, I admit I'm not as familiar with PRs that HAVE to use their power or die. Fair enough.

@bolded. Correct me if I'm off base (not unlikely) but I thought it was implied that the speech power would act as a role blocker if the target messed up? If so, and Ty4on admitted he made a mistake, wouldn't he have been unable to issue a kill command that an SK would have to issue? Or did it only block their vote?
No.

I had a discussion back and forth with Retro about that when I first got the spell about what I could and could not do and he said he'd probably give me one slip up. Nothing happened after I made that mistake and I wasn't role/vote-blocked.

Since I'm free to explain it without haikus I can day that the fluff was about a mist filling my room which I breathed in. I tried to scream, but stopped and thought in haikus about how I had to write in haikus. I don't remember anything in Night Vale doing that. Most of what I remember about the glow cloud is falling dead animals and ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD! Not a psychoactive gas.

Sorian

Banned

I doubt one slip was enough to activate the roleblock/voteblock. It's more there to punish someone for just wanting to ignore the mechanic or as a risk/reward type thing if someone needs to talk without limitation.

No.

I had a discussion back and forth with Retro about that when I first got the spell about what I could and could not do and he said he'd probably give me one slip up. Nothing happened after I made that mistake and I wasn't role/vote-blocked.

Since I'm free to explain it without haikus I can day that the fluff was about a mist filling my room which I breathed in. I tried to scream, but stopped and thought in haikus about how I had to write in haikus. I don't remember anything in Night Vale doing that. Most of what I remember about the glow cloud is falling dead animals and ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD! Not a psychoactive gas.

Funny you say that it's not really a psychoactive gas and then mention how it forces people to say "ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD" (maybe that was the joke).

I've had no doubt that this haiku power thing is the glow cloud, do people actually think it is something else?

squidyj

I just want to apologize for disappearing for a few days there, had a bit of a cavalcade of crises, first with work and then a family emergency, I should have said something in here earlier but it honestly just slipped my mind. Things are finally starting to slow down and I'm reading all the stuff I've missed.

Can't wait to go back to ignoring this game for Fallout and Bloodborne instead of scary/boring life/work stuff. :p

Ty4on

That wasn't a joke.

I honestly haven't thought about that... I just thought it was because of School District Code 25.3b-2, which states:
ALL HAIL! ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD! YOU ARE WEAK! YOU ARE NOTHING! YOU MUST BOW DOWN AND GIVE PRAISE TO THE GLOW CLOUD!

Sorian

Banned
That wasn't a joke.

I honestly haven't thought about that... I just thought it was because of School District Code 25.3b-2, which states:

Usually when the glow cloud yells at someone, they do whatever it says, that mixed with the mist message you got point to the cloud for me. It could be someone(thing) else I guess but I remember looking this up and I didn't see anyone else that really worked with mists. Maybe Deb the sentient patch of haze but that's all I got.

Ty4on

Usually when the glow cloud yells at someone, they do whatever it says, that mixed with the mist message you got point to the cloud for me. It could be someone(thing) else I guess but I remember looking this up and I didn't see anyone else that really worked with mists. Maybe Deb the sentient patch of haze but that's all I got.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Deb is too late in the show and she never does anything remotely similar.

ok, so we have two confirmed townies now. TL21xx is confirmed by using his action which was publicly announced and Sorian was confirmed by his knowledge about Mazre's role.

That whole situation is kind of interesting for me as I still imagined a scum Sorian pulling a gambit to safe Pop and getting a doctor claim as bonus. But I guess that's not what happened...

Also scrafty, your "like" in every other sentence really disrupt the flow of your poems as my mind intuitively stops after reading that word :D

Sorian

Banned
ok, so we have two confirmed townies now. TL21xx is confirmed by using his action which was publicly announced and Sorian was confirmed by his knowledge about Mazre's role.

That whole situation is kind of interesting for me as I still imagined a scum Sorian pulling a gambit to safe Pop and getting a doctor claim as bonus. But I guess that's not what happened...

Also scrafty, your "like" in every other sentence really disrupt the flow of your poems as my mind intuitively stops after reading that word :D

I was expecting you to be my biggest detractor today if it became a me vs. Mazre situation. I could tell you were not happy with my stunt from the end of yesterday's day phase :p

Joke aside though, I'm still trying to figure out where I stand on you. I'm mostly keeping my vote on Razmos to see how much more of a hole he digs for himself while I wait for others to join the conversation.

One thing that we like, should be careful about
Is making sure our votes are like totally spread out
We get two lynches today, of that I'm like, sure
If we're not careful then the line between town and bad guys might like totally blur
Make sure the person with the 2nd most votes is totally groady
So that we don't like, get tricked by some villanous toady.

Sorian

Banned
One thing that we like, should be careful about
Is making sure our votes are like totally spread out
We get two lynches today, of that I'm like, sure
If we're not careful then the line between town and bad guys might like totally blur
Make sure the person with the 2nd most votes is totally groady
So that we don't like, get tricked by some villanous toady.

If possible, the best thing we could do is push someone to majority (10 votes) sometime around the halfway point of this day phase. That will lock them in to death and then free up those voters to vote on the second lynch candidate. The issue there though is Retro's day opening post also alludes to everyone's favorite role: the override! So someone could potentially throw a wrench into my plan pretty easily. But yes, the moral of the story here is make sure to always pay attention to the top two votes for the day.

TL21xx

Banned
I agree with Sorian and Scrafty, let's be careful with the voting, odds of override are very good.

Quite the crazy third day so far! My apologies for not checking in sooner, just got back in from Thanksgiving yesterday and slept in this morning. Am glad to see that we have a more clear picture now. I agree with the Razmos vote, but I'll be saving mine for our second choice for now. Will let the day play out a bit more before I commit to anyone.

Sorian

Banned
Hey Retro, if we majority someone and they are locked in to die at the end of today, they are still allowed to participate on the vote for the second person right?

Sorian

Banned
well crap. I'm just full of bad ideas it seems.

With the events of this early day phase, what are your thoughts on who we should be pursuing today?

-----------

On a completely unrelated note, Coppa where have you been today? I usually expect more from you. A question too since I was perusing some of your posts. You've done a fantastic job of chasing multiple people down in this game. Is there a reason you've never really gone after Squidy?

RetroMG

Hey Retro, if we majority someone and they are locked in to die at the end of today, they are still allowed to participate on the vote for the second person right?

Yes.

Also, Royal has let me know that I messed up the syntax on starting the day with the vote counter, so it wasn't recording votes. It's fixed now, and the three votes placed so far are recorded, so everything is fine. Just letting you know in case you tried to check the vote count earlier.

squidyj

Okay so finally people are coming around on Razmos, I mean, honestly who forgets a doctor claim that shifts the entire voting at the end of the day? who does that? "woops I forgot that setre was going to be lynched up until he claimed doctor and then somehow we went with a different target"

I'm fairly convinced mike is town now that I know that mazre was the person Sorian was talking about in the last day phase. With the way trigger flipped I was sort of having a hard time buying the framing with the way Mazre stepped up to defend/deflect for Matt, and the fact that mike wasn't THAT strongly connected to boo IMO but if Mazre knew what Sorian was talking about then he probably believed he'd be dead sometime soon which would color our perception of the interaction.

We know that there are at least 3 other mafia out there, 2 in mafia chat at minimum and one that may have been activated last night. That character would have a role that is a female. We know that Kevin is a mafia role in this game. We know that there is at least one neutral player.

I think Sorian might be right about our day kill being a night kill and not necessarily hinge on what he said which means there's a real chance it could have been anyone and not just someone in his or mazre's gossip chat. With that information and the fact that we've had 2 such kills I'm tempted to believe that the killer is some sort of neutral.

As for our night kill we have the possibility of a doctor save, some as yet unknown power, or a hidden partner activation. In the case of activating a hidden partner who would mafia have targeted last night? I can't believe it would have been setre in that case, fake claiming as josie, the doctor opens you up to a counterclaim from both josie, and the real doctor (assuming they aren't one and the same) at any point during the game (even if they die it's terrible for you). So I'd go ahead and rule Setre out as a target. We only have one night of mafia kills to analyze so it's hard to get a clear read on who they might target, if we accept the premise that they were framing Mike it's unlikely to be him as well. I would argue that they would try to target someone who was reading town though so that leaves a number of targets.

Vote: Razmos

gryvan

So this is what I will gander from all the things that happen throughout the 4 days so far after mazre's death

Using mazre's little reference, I will be the guy who will reverse mazre's read list.

requoting
This has been by a wide margin the stingiest day 1 I've seen. Definitely complicating reads.

Gonna start with reads, keeping in mind none of these are overly strong at the extreme I'm feeling maybe +-10 points from neutral (no read).

Leaning town- Sorian, Absolutbro, squidyj, coppa, flush - Generally quality reads and solid activity levels (bro is a little light on activity but has provided some context for it), certainly possible for a mafia to be here early game but even if they are at least they're contributing to the town for now (time tends to be the equalizer here)

No lynchers- Setre,gryvan - Narrowest grouping I see at the moment, seems like an unlikely place for a mafia to place themselves, not impossible certainly but this would be a risky position for a mafia to adopt; smallest no lynch group I've seen to date

fluff squad - scrafty, razmos, pop, booboo, mike - Mentioned these guys last night, decent chance of a mafia in here, definitely a group to watch; anecdotally mike seems to be trying a little harder the past 24 hours

minimalists- seath, karu, darklighter, stanleypalmtree - coin flip in my mind for a mafia to be hiding here; lots of new players in this group

the rest - ultrajay, trigger, ferret, tl21xx, ty4on, fireblend - I don't have a strong opinion on this group, some odd bits here and there over the last ~50 hours but as expected no smoking guns, maybe this is my blindspot

So I will say that since mazre was the one inviting people to discuss things in smaller groups due to his role, it would be a good opportunity to invite scum to discuss and strategize at the same time as inviting other townies who might have potential power roles.
Sorian did role claim already so we all know he is town. But out of those mazre said was leaning town, I believe the 4 suspects are:

Absolutbro
squidyj
coppanuva
flush

I personally think that since Mazre was mafia aligned, and was the local gossip that helps the mafia, I think her list was created to help the mafia avoid suspicion as much as possible. So if we reverse this whole situation of Mazre's list, we can assume at least 1 of them on her "leaning town" list is scum. Maybe 90% chance perhaps?

Fluff Squad
scrafty
razmos
pop
booboo
mike

Bold means some power happened
the spoiler I marked as dead. I personally think this list does not show any scum at all but I am not confident or have enough evidence to support that none of them are scum aligned.

The others:
ultrajay
trigger
ferret
tl21xx
ty4on
fireblend

At least 2 people were either killed at night or lynched off in this list, 1 person who may have been framed using the underline marker and 1 person getting haiku'd using the bold marker. I personally think there are using this list to pick potential players to either kill/frame/lynch/random curse. BUT I also believe there is 1 specific scum in here that I am HIGHLY suspicious of. I will not tell the person's name because I don't have enough evidence to do so. But I will say I'm am HIGHLY suspicious and I want scum to think about that (If they are reading this).

seath
karu
darklighter
stanleypalmtree

this list as mazre said is all new. So higher chance that they are neither scum, scum aligned, or neutral.

Setre

I have absolutely no reads from him atm. Even with some replies in day 2 and 3, I still am very mixed about him.

Also about what Sorian mention with Razmos and how he got really defensive and was not looking too good atm (which I agree cause that really felt too defensive), when I was pressuring coppanuva about being suspicious, I personally didn't want neither of us to get defensive and wanted a conversation to start. But on one of his post, he got defensive a bit and I quote

"So I'm not allowed to quote you from before boo died even if I think you had a valid point?"

I know there was an explanation after that which I perfectly understand and agree 100%, but wouldn't it be better to just write that instead of insinuating and assuming on the bold quote that I was enforcing everyone not to use my quotes? Cause I hate enforcing on people and I do want to find the truth overall. I mean if my responses come off as too pressuring, I can ease off.

Razmos, even though I do low post counts, I do try to explain as much as possible from what assumptions I read in this thread. I also don't want random fluff posts. Also as retro and other veterans mentioned, your allowed to make theories that doesn't necessarily be true 100% of the time.

Also let me get this out of the way. GOD FUCKING DAMN IT THAT TOOK TOO LONG TO POST...this is like the first post i've ever written this long in GAF...

Also feel free to correct me as much as you want and prick me on theories that don't make sense!

Sorian

Banned
I think Sorian might be right about our day kill being a night kill and not necessarily hinge on what he said which means there's a real chance it could have been anyone and not just someone in his or mazre's gossip chat. With that information and the fact that we've had 2 such kills I'm tempted to believe that the killer is some sort of neutral.

That is the biggest coincidence ever if the neutral just decided to wrap up all of my issues for me. Coincidences are always possible but the evidence suggests that they knew I was talking about Mazre and there are only a handful of people that had that knowledge.

Coppanuva

With the events of this early day phase, what are your thoughts on who we should be pursuing today?

-----------

On a completely unrelated note, Coppa where have you been today? I usually expect more from you. A question too since I was perusing some of your posts. You've done a fantastic job of chasing multiple people down in this game. Is there a reason you've never really gone after Squidy?

I've been reading the thread and trying to think who I wanted to follow-up on but couldn't yet. I'm also a bit jet-lagged so trying to make sure my posts are still well thought out. I spent some time looking at Mazre's post where he voted on Trigger trying to get something of value out of it but he didn't really give us much. He specifically mentioned 6 people in that post, I bolded the ones he marked as town:

flush
ferret
ultrajay
scrafty
sorian
trigger

This post was the last one in which Mazre voted. Of those 6, we have 5 still remaining, since Trigger died. I feel good about you Sorian, since you ran him down at day's start, and have a power that's too easily proven wrong if you're lying.

It doesn't help that only 1 person ever put a vote on Mazre (me, if I'm reading the vote page wrong let me know, I have to do it on my phone which isn't super pretty). I was hoping there might be some patterns to go with there but as it stands very few people interacted with him voting-wise. It's annoying.

There's a few things that are outliers from Mazre's Day 1 reads that I wish I had pressured him on more. In this post he outlines his town list as:
Sorian, Absolutbro, squidyj, coppa, flush

Whereas his "no reads" list is:
the rest - ultrajay, trigger, ferret, tl21xx, ty4on, fireblend

So UltraJay goes up into his Town list, Bro and I disappear from his list entirely, and scrafty (in his fluff squad list), ferret, and trigger become suspect. Trigger was obviously a target to capitalize on, but I'm curious why specifically ultrajay was added here. Where did I and AbsolutBro go? Moreover why was Bro even on the town list to BEGIN with? Why not the "no read" list given how little he posted? I'm not sure I have a specific question right now, but I don't quite like that at this moment and it's the closest thing to a non-razmos lead I have right now. I'm all for lynching Razmos depending on his responses, but I want to find our lucky second candidate.

Vote: AbsolutBro

As for why I haven't asked Squidy anything, day 1 I had him on my town list since he put himself in the crosshairs way too willingly early on by calling people out and saying he thought they were scum way before anyone else. Day 2 I just focused on other people, I'm not against questioning him at all, I just didn't really see an opportunity to or anything I specifically wanted to ask him. I may come up with some questions for him later, once things shake out a bit more.

At least 2 people were either killed at night or lynched off in this list, 1 person who may have been framed using the underline marker and 1 person getting haiku'd using the bold marker. I personally think there are using this list to pick potential players to either kill/frame/lynch/random curse. BUT I also believe there is 1 specific scum in here that I am HIGHLY suspicious of. I will not tell the person's name because I don't have enough evidence to do so. But I will say I'm am HIGHLY suspicious and I want scum to think about that (If they are reading this).

By "framed" do you mean for Boo's death? Because considering today's death, I highly doubt it's a scum daykill. It's either a neutral/town daykill or a delayed nightkill (Could be scum aligned if we have a switcher or something along those lines)

Sorian

Banned
So this is what I will gander from all the things that happen throughout the 4 days so far after mazre's death

Using mazre's little reference, I will be the guy who will reverse mazre's read list.

requoting

So I will say that since mazre was the one inviting people to discuss things in smaller groups due to his role, it would be a good opportunity to invite scum to discuss and strategize at the same time as inviting other townies who might have potential power roles.
Sorian did role claim already so we all know he is town. But out of those mazre said was leaning town, I believe the 4 suspects are:

Absolutbro
squidyj
coppanuva
flush

I personally think that since Mazre was mafia aligned, and was the local gossip that helps the mafia, I think her list was created to help the mafia avoid suspicion as much as possible. So if we reverse this whole situation of Mazre's list, we can assume at least 1 of them on her "leaning town" list is scum. Maybe 90% chance perhaps?

Fluff Squad
scrafty
razmos
pop
booboo
mike

Bold means some power happened
the spoiler I marked as dead. I personally think this list does not show any scum at all but I am not confident or have enough evidence to support that none of them are scum aligned.

The others:
ultrajay
trigger
ferret
tl21xx
ty4on
fireblend

seath
karu
darklighter
stanleypalmtree

this list as mazre said is all new. So higher chance that they are neither scum, scum aligned, or neutral.

Setre

I have absolutely no reads from him atm. Even with some replies in day 2 and 3, I still am very mixed about him.

Also about what Sorian mention with Razmos and how he got really defensive and was not looking too good atm (which I agree cause that really felt too defensive), when I was pressuring coppanuva about being suspicious, I personally didn't want neither of us to get defensive and wanted a conversation to start. But on one of his post, he got defensive a bit and I quote

"So I'm not allowed to quote you from before boo died even if I think you had a valid point?"

I know there was an explanation after that which I perfectly understand and agree 100%, but wouldn't it be better to just write that instead of insinuating and assuming on the bold quote that I was enforcing everyone not to use my quotes? Cause I hate enforcing on people and I do want to find the truth overall. I mean if my responses come off as too pressuring, I can ease off.

Razmos, even though I do low post counts, I do try to explain as much as possible from what assumptions I read in this thread. I also don't want random fluff posts. Also as retro and other veterans mentioned, your allowed to make theories that doesn't necessarily be true 100% of the time.

Also let me get this out of the way. GOD FUCKING DAMN IT THAT TOOK TOO LONG TO POST...this is like the first post i've ever written this long in GAF...

Also feel free to correct me as much as you want and prick me on theories that don't make sense!

I enjoy gryvan being here :p

Anyway, I do have a few issues with your post.

First off, when you say framing, you mean that they were trying to get us to think Ferret was suspicious and hope we would go through with lynching him? Just want to make sure we are on the same page because framing is also a PR that makes it so that an investigator gets the opposite result on a single player. We've seen no indication that power is in the game but I wouldn't be surprised.

The last list with seath, karu, darklighter, and stanleypalmtree isn't actually all new players. Seath has played with us before. I would also be careful to just assume that there are no neutrals or scum in here. Being new has nothing to do with role selection and Mazre likely had no clue who neutrals were so his lists won't help us gather any information.

Finally, how in the world do you not have reads on Setre? He claimed doctor and was almost lynched yesterday, you must have some thoughts on that whole situation.

--------

On an unrelated note, it might be helpful if I passed along things that Mazre said behind closed doors. Going to paraphrase everything he said reads wise in the Big Rico thread (can't direct quote of course), there isn't a whole lot. I threw suspicion at him early so Big Rico's is kind of a bust compared to the infinitely superior Jerry's Tacos.

Just as an aside, Mazre wanted me to prove that I had a gossip chat (which in retrospect, he was obviously fishing for who I had invited). He posted this:

Evening all, gonna try catch up on the thread as I deal with the aftermath of an ill-advised lunch at Jerry's Tacos.

And the person in my chat was supposed to reply with fluff about Big Rico's. I decided to scrap the idea and told my chat not to respond to him, felt bad when he posted this and he was just left hanging.

squidyj

That is the biggest coincidence ever if the neutral just decided to wrap up all of my issues for me. Coincidences are always possible but the evidence suggests that they knew I was talking about Mazre and there are only a handful of people that had that knowledge.

it is somewhat of a coincidence I'll grant you that. if it's not the case it means mafia has a name they know is in that group and could be the killer, a name they know in the group that isnt the killer, and 2 names they don't know, or one name they do know. So if they know 2 names and the killer is in that group they're hitting 50/50 to take out this killer if that's what they want, or 1/3 shot if they only know 1 name. I guess this is fine because the power of repeated killing speaks to a neutral but at the same time you're talking about someone who chose specifically to target someone on the basis they might be mafia.

I wonder if it might be a good idea for the 2nd player from mazre's chat to come forward? mafia already knows who they are and even though it's likely that sorian can confirm their involvement after they die it's not necessarily a guarantee that we can do that. If it's someone unexpected it allows us to deprioritize them, they're unlikely to be in that >= 3 group of core mafia. Also if that person is targeted it might help explain the scum thinking. Please don't come forward at this time, I pose this as a topic for discussion, we should think it through before we do anything.

Sorian

Banned
So just in order of the thread at Big Rico's again this is paraphrased as best as I can. These are all Mazre posts:

Night 1
-Introduced himself as a gossip
-Roleclaimed
-Verified that he could invite 3 people to chat
-Verified his INVITE command and realized that I am either a gossip or had been invited to a second gossip chat.
-Told me that he selected me because he read me as town and has been stuck in an inactive gossip chat before and figured I wouldn't have that issue.
-Brought up the Jerry's Tacos/Big Rico's post exchange that I mentioned above
-A post telling me that town's win condition was "You win when only town-aligned players remain."
-Linked me to the famous reads list that everyone is quoting. Told me that he was going to invite someone from AbsolutBro, Squidyj, Coppa, Flush, FIreblend, with UltraJay and TL21xx as lower possibilities. Then said that him and I should split that list so we don't accidently invite the same person.

Night 2
-Welcomes the new person, says that he highly suspects that he (Mazre) is the person that I (Sorian) was alluding to at the end of day 2.
-Explaining that he gave me a wrong win condition to see if I would correct him and also upset that no one responded to his jerry's tacos post. Speculated that either I was lying or we were both town trying to verify each other and failing.
-Said that I basically have to role claim and because TL21xx is likely to activate his power, he will probably be lynched tomorrow which sucks but will ultimately be good for town.
-Defense post against me in regards to everything flavor wise that I had brought up (same stuff that is in my role claim post)
-Post detailing why he picked who he picked during day 2.
-Mike got brought up by the other person and Mazre kind of avoided the issue, he told me about how he read him in Archer but didn't give an opinion for this game.

---------

And that's really all, writing all of that out, I had a thought though. Is there any reason to hide the identity of the other person in this chat? Scum obviously already knows who it is and maybe more eyes on this issue will help me decide if this was Mazre inviting another town or a scum this time.

Sorian

Banned
The only negative is that it releases the identity to this other killer (whether they be neutral or town) but then I'm under the impression that this killer is someone left in these chats and it's not me so that's a 33% person chance that this person is the killer anyway.

squidyj

The only negative is that it releases the identity to this other killer (whether they be neutral or town)

does this actually do anything though? If we accept that mazre was targeted because of what happened in your chat then we have a killer that targeted a player on the basis of killing scum. There may be specific targeting requirements for this killer if they are neutral.
If the killer is town aligned then there's no potential downside really.

gryvan

I enjoy gryvan being here :p

Anyway, I do have a few issues with your post.

First off, when you say framing, you mean that they were trying to get us to think Ferret was suspicious and hope we would go through with lynching him? Just want to make sure we are on the same page because framing is also a PR that makes it so that an investigator gets the opposite result on a single player. We've seen no indication that power is in the game but I wouldn't be surprised.

The last list with seath, karu, darklighter, and stanleypalmtree isn't actually all new players. Seath has played with us before. I would also be careful to just assume that there are no neutrals or scum in here. Being new has nothing to do with role selection and Mazre likely had no clue who neutrals were so his lists won't help us gather any information.

Finally, how in the world do you not have reads on Setre? He claimed doctor and was almost lynched yesterday, you must have some thoughts on that whole situation.

1) Yeah it was basically getting everyone suspicious of ferret. Didn't know framing was a PR. I assumed framing was just a strategy you can use in mafia games.

2) oh ok, i thought all of them were new. I should have read the OP again next time cause I think I've been skimming through the list and assumed seath was new. So since this new information has come to light, I cannot assume that they are all scum free then.

3) wait what? setre claimed doctor? WTF?
I might have to reread yesterday then...like holy shit...
I'll...get back onto the reads again....

gryvan

By "framed" do you mean for Boo's death? Because considering today's death, I highly doubt it's a scum daykill. It's either a neutral/town daykill or a delayed nightkill (Could be scum aligned if we have a switcher or something along those lines)

I think I assume you mean frame as in a PR right?

I wanted to use the word "framed" as a strategy by scum that was trying to force town to point fingers on ferret.

Sorian

Banned
does this actually do anything though? If we accept that mazre was targeted because of what happened in your chat then we have a killer that targeted a player on the basis of killing scum. There may be specific targeting requirements for this killer if they are neutral.
If the killer is town aligned then there's no potential downside really.

It is a fair point. Based on the win conditions, it seems that the neutral(s) are sided with town.

Town win condition: You win when no mafia-aligned players remain
Mafia win condition: You win when Mafia aligned players outnumber both Town and Neutral players put together.

That means neutral can definitely win with town and kind of vague if they can win with mafia. Or their win conditions have nothing to do with us and they are working on something else that may eject them from the game early. With the way this has been going so far, I'm reminded of Retro's role from Gafia, a neutral that had to kill exactly one scum and one town. They may have jumped on the scum kill to meet a quota of some sort and being handed a free mafia would have been a godsend.

Kevyt

I just got internet today!! And woah lots of posts and lots to catch up on.

Gonna do some reading then. Probably won't post my thoughts until tomorrow. But finally this citizen of nightvale has internet!!

:D

Honestly I'm not entirely focused on anyone. I admit early days are a bit rough for me with this many players. I just sort of lose track of who is who and what I think of each person.

I still have a gut feeling about Seath, but with Setre all but confirmed as town that assuages a lot of that feeling.

I would obviously like to hear more from low posters (lower than me even!) like Stanely or Karu, but low posting isn't an automatic #scumtell to me the way it seems to be for others.

It's obviously easy to look at an early post like this one with suspicion, now that we know that 2/3 of squidyj's list is town. Is squidyj right, and Ultra-Jay is scum? Or is SQUIDYJ scum, throwing shade on three town players? Or is it just an unfortunate post looking more ugly in hindsight than it really should? (I lean towards this option) Squidyj would be the only one who could definitively answer though.

As for Coppa-

Where did I and AbsolutBro go? Moreover why was Bro even on the town list to BEGIN with? Why not the "no read" list given how little he posted? I'm not sure I have a specific question right now, but I don't quite like that at this moment and it's the closest thing to a non-razmos lead I have right now. I'm all for lynching Razmos depending on his responses, but I want to find our lucky second candidate.

Vote: AbsoluteBro
1. I don't know how to respond to this post. I mean, it's not even anything I've done or said, it's all Mazre's stuff that I obviously can't answer. Honestly, this whole thing is really kind of scummy. It paints a target on my face with basically nothing for me to argue or defend against. If you have a specific issue, bring it up with me instead of a corpse.

2. There's no 'e' in my name; I don't know if that messes with the vote counter or not. It's "Absolut", as in the vodka.

-------------

btw this post should clear up any lingering doubts if the second kill is neutral or not.

I'm right there with you on this.
I had pretty much already decided to come clean. The chat was Mazre, Sorian and myself; scum know I was chosen, so it's not like it's some big surprise to them. It doesn't really do any good to keep my selection a secret, even though it makes me look guilty of several things at this point.

I know for some people this will basically make up their minds that I am scum and/or the day time killer. I'm neither. Much like my first night in DR, this is all a horrible coincidence wherein a player's death implicates me for a great many things that I have nothing to do with. I have no real idea why Mazre chose me; he claimed over at Big Rico's that he came down to a choice between Royal_Flush and myself as not-scum, but naturally we know now that he was lying. He knew who was and wasn't scum all along.

Sorian's gambit with the win condition made me suspicious of Mazre; that and the fact that his chat was Big Rico's- their ad in one of the early NV casts is pretty sketchy.

So there you go. Some thoughts, admonishments and the truth behind Rico's Pizza.

I know this post is kind of rambly and all over. I'll try to answer any questions put to me, but probably won't answer until tomorrow.

gryvan

ok rereading setre, I will put him as definite town since he roleclaimed doctor

so yes theres my read for setre

So my top 4 atm is

Absolutbro
squidyj
coppanuva
flush

and because i've poked around with this specific person on a previous day

VOTE: Coppanuva

Sorian

Banned
-------------

btw this post should clear up any lingering doubts if the second kill is neutral or not.

I had pretty much already decided to come clean. The chat was Mazre, Sorian and myself; scum know I was chosen, so it's not like it's some big surprise to them. It doesn't really do any good to keep my selection a secret, even though it makes me look guilty of several things at this point.

I know for some people this will basically make up their minds that I am scum and/or the day time killer. I'm neither. Much like my first night in DR, this is all a horrible coincidence wherein a player's death implicates me for a great many things that I have nothing to do with. I have no real idea why Mazre chose me; he claimed over at Big Rico's that he came down to a choice between Royal_Flush and myself as not-scum, but naturally we know now that he was lying. He knew who was and wasn't scum all along.

Sorian's gambit with the win condition made me suspicious of Mazre; that and the fact that his chat was Big Rico's- their ad in one of the early NV casts is pretty sketchy.

So there you go. Some thoughts, admonishments and the truth behind Rico's Pizza.

I know this post is kind of rambly and all over. I'll try to answer any questions put to me, but probably won't answer until tomorrow.

Can confirm that Absolut was the other person in chat with Mazre and myself. If it's alright, I'd like some alone time with AB tonight so maybe don't lynch him today?

What does Mazre's post have to tell us about whether it was a neutral or not? I mean, scum is here to act so I wouldn't take it too much to heart but yeah, it must be neutral (or switching hijinks!) but probably neutral.

It's also funny that you say Big Rico's is tghe sketchy one. I thought Jerry's Tacos was the sketchier one when I saw that there were two gossip chats.

Sorian

Banned

So my top 4 atm is

Absolutbro
squidyj
coppanuva
flush

It's funny, except for Squidy, this is a town list for me lol

gryvan

I also like to mention there are a couple more on the other list that I am suspicious of but I want to play some mind games with the scum before I say anything :)

Coppanuva

As for Coppa-

1. I don't know how to respond to this post. I mean, it's not even anything I've done or said, it's all Mazre's stuff that I obviously can't answer. Honestly, this whole thing is really kind of scummy. It paints a target on my face with basically nothing for me to argue or defend against. If you have a specific issue, bring it up with me instead of a corpse.

2. There's no 'e' in my name; I don't know if that messes with the vote counter or not. It's "Absolut", as in the vodka.

1) Fair point. I'm honestly not sure what I was hoping to get out of you, other than it seemed odd to me an I was desperate to get someone talking. I realize it's not really a solid line of reasoning, especially since the exact same thing could be applied to me, and I don't think there's really anything that specifically sets me off about you now that I think about it more.

2) Shit, I fixed it via edit since Retro asked me to, looks like the tool picked it up and it's all good. Moving it along anyhow since I noticed something... more at end of this post.

So my top 4 atm is

Absolutbro
squidyj
coppanuva
flush

Anything specific you're looking for here? I believe I explained myself to your main concerns yesterday, though I'm not sure if you have other concerns to raise.

As for who I want to vote on right now, it's someone who's promised to come up with some thoughts a few times and failed to follow up on them.

VOTE: Seath

What ARE your thoughts? I know you said you'd probably get to them tomorrow but I want them earlier in the day if possible. Who do you think is suspicious right now? Who do you think our mysterious "day-killer" could be and why?

Most importantly where did this happen:

Omg Mazre was scum!! I knew it!!
?

I searched the thread for posts by you containing the word Mazre and there were 2. The one above, and this one from the end of Day 1:
I've ruled out players that called me out on my bs such as Sorian, fireblend, coppabauva, Mazre and some other dudes. They're most likely to be town given that they were legitimately worried about me ruining town. What I wanted to know (or guess) was what would a Mafia player said if a "townie" made such a mistake. Experience tells me that usually they let it slide through or not even really care.

[Lengthy non-relevant part cut out]

However, I'm not entirely ruling out Sorian and friends.

You literally never mentioned him by name again. Where did you suspect Mazre and why didn't you mention your suspicions with a vote?

UltraJay

Oh my god... if Seath is scum and his way of deflecting off of Mazre's death is "I knew he was all along!" then he is a horrible scum player.

I'm going to do what I did Day 2 as well as follow Scrafty's advice.

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

Hey Stan! I think you're the only one who hasn't shown up yet! What are your thoughts? You know Day 3 has already started, right?

Sorry for not posting sooner, I have a paper due in the morning and have been working on it since getting home. I've skimmed through the thread so I have an idea of what's happened, but I'm about to go to bed, so I won't really post anything until tomorrow after actually reading everything.

Karu

Popping in to say that I'm on my way home, will have a steady connection til end of the week to contribute again. :p

Sorian

Banned
I'll second a vote on Stanley for right now. He does appear to be the only one that hasn't posted yet (Retro would you mind striking the names of the dead in the OP?) and he has just been a general "I'll post more later" person without ever really posting much more later. I'm here enough to be reactive to new posts but I probably won't be able to dive into old posts to see if I see any patterns until tonight.

VOTE: Stanleypalmtree

UltraJay

If someone was recruited, then there could be a marked difference in their behavior plus the possibility of a 360 on attitudes towards certain players. At the same time, they could be aware of the fact that they could be recruited and either kept their opinions on who they thought was scummy (believing that they could be potential allies) or just kept to the shadows not posting much.

We should look for personality changes but there is also the possibility that they just went after Sorian.

Personally, I believe that they went for someone safe who was middle of the road helping town but not "leading" town - like they did Night 1 with Fireblend. I have a few inklings as to who these people could be but for now I'm just watching them.

Sorian

Banned
If someone was recruited, then there could be a marked difference in their behavior plus the possibility of a 360 on attitudes towards certain players. At the same time, they could be aware of the fact that they could be recruited and either kept their opinions on who they thought was scummy (believing that they could be potential allies) or just kept to the shadows not posting much.

We should look for personality changes but there is also the possibility that they just went after Sorian.

Personally, I believe that they went for someone safe who was middle of the road helping town but not "leading" town - like they did Night 1 with Fireblend. I have a few inklings as to who these people could be but for now I'm just watching them.

Re-read Mazre's role flip:

You also have another partner who is unknown to you. She is, however, aware of who you are. If you attempt to kill her or use your night action on her, she will join you, instead.*

The lost partner was told from the start exactly who the scum were so there probably won't be a huge difference in their reads from before to after recruitment. All being recruited did was bolster the scum numbers and allow a new person to commit the faction kill.

Top Bottom