• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Sorian

Banned
Done. Thank you for the reminder, and let me know if I missed anyone. (Pretty sure I didn't.)

Look's good to me, bueno.

Also, quoting myself for the new page. This is important information and I don't want people to be under false impressions:

Re-read Mazre's role flip:

The lost partner was told from the start exactly who the scum were so there probably won't be a huge difference in their reads from before to after recruitment. All being recruited did was bolster the scum numbers and allow a new person to commit the faction kill.

gryvan

1)
Anything specific you're looking for here? I believe I explained myself to your main concerns yesterday, though I'm not sure if you have other concerns to raise.

I don't have one yet but i'm just casting a vote on you for now. I will probably change it.

Coppanuva

Look's good to me, bueno.

Also, quoting myself for the new page. This is important information and I don't want people to be under false impressions:

And that crosses you and AbsolutBro off the list of possible conversions.

Good point on whoever it is not changing opinions too much, at least if they're realizing the full extent of their role. I would expect them to have put the scum all over the place in their reads list and not group them entirely together (too obvious for any scum reading it). We should also keep in mind that even if the player has been converted, scum still could have attacked Sorian, as long as they have another PR who can convert with their other action (I'm going to assume all of scum's PRs can for now).

Sorian

Banned
And that crosses you and AbsolutBro off the list of possible conversions.

Good point on whoever it is not changing opinions too much, at least if they're realizing the full extent of their role. I would expect them to have put the scum all over the place in their reads list and not group them entirely together (too obvious for any scum reading it). We should also keep in mind that even if the player has been converted, scum still could have attacked Sorian, as long as they have another PR who can convert with their other action (I'm going to assume all of scum's PRs can for now).

It does not. Mazre's role flip says that the conversion happens if they use their kill action or night action on the lost partner. Mazre's ability was a day action like mine. So neither AB nor myself are cleared if that is the only thing you are looking at.

Kevyt

As for who I want to vote on right now, it's someone who's promised to come up with some thoughts a few times and failed to follow up on them.

VOTE: Seath

What ARE your thoughts? I know you said you'd probably get to them tomorrow but I want them earlier in the day if possible. Who do you think is suspicious right now? Who do you think our mysterious "day-killer" could be and why?

Most importantly where did this happen:

?

I searched the thread for posts by you containing the word Mazre and there were 2. The one above, and this one from the end of Day 1:

You literally never mentioned him by name again. Where did you suspect Mazre and why didn't you mention your suspicions with a vote?

I didn't have his name mentioned on my list of suspects, it's true but I did think his "Seath's gonna seath" post did raise a red flag for me though at the time I did think he was town sided.

Oh my god... if Seath is scum and his way of deflecting off of Mazre's death is "I knew he was all along!" then he is a horrible scum player.

I'm going to do what I did Day 2 as well as follow Scrafty's advice.

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

Hey Stan! I think you're the only one who hasn't shown up yet! What are your thoughts? You know Day 3 has already started, right?

Well Scum knows I'm not scum so I don't worry about that.

Also, let us put a bit of pressure for stanleypalmtree so that (hopefully) he can be more active.

So I'm going to

For now... There seems to be a train going for Razmos as well but I can't quite get a read on him.

Sorian

Banned
If we are so worried about this lost partner (which we should be, especially today with the two lynches available), there are two ways to go about this. The first is to guess who scum would have tried to kill last night. This scum team seems interested in going for kills that will confuse us the most. Hitting Fireblend was a tactic to throw suspicion on to myself and Coppa. Last night, it seemed the obvious play was to kill Setre but they didn't do that, trying to frame him perhaps? In that case, they would have went for someone low impact who has had not much to say on the proceedings. I would have hit Karu or Stanley personally.

The second way to go about this is to infer a bit about this lost partner. They know who scum is, that means they can't win with town so, from the start, they've had the same win condition as the scum team. To really realize their potential in this game, they HAVE to get recruited because if they don't then scum team loses faster (I doubt the unrecruited partner can NK so game would end if they remain unrecruited and we kill all of their teammates). We only know one scum so far, Mazre, so did anyone make any posts that seemed to be hinting to Mazre in anyway? The lost partner had to try and make contact somehow or else they were just hoping that blind chance would guide scum to them. I'd assume scum team is smaller as well to force them to have to try and find this lost partner. So it would have been mutually beneficial for both sides to be attempting to find each other and they would have had to do it in front of everyone in the thread.

UltraJay

Given that I've never played a full-scale mafia game before... how are lost partners like? They start mafia-aligned instead of town? What happens if they are never recruited? If scum is defeated they lose? If they are lynched before recruitment would they win/lose with town... or scum?

Sorian

Banned
Given that I've never played a full-scale mafia game before... how are lost partners like? They start mafia-aligned instead of town? What happens if they are never recruited? If scum is defeated they lose? If they are lynched before recruitment would they win/lose with town... or scum?

It depends but I'm 99% sure of the answer here.

I was a lost partner in Cthulhu, if I had died before recruitment or never been recruited then I would have won with town, once recruited, I was sent a brand new role PM that was all scummy and yada yada. The key difference there was that I did not know who scum was from the start.

Based on Mazre's role PM, the lost partner in this game was provided with the names of everyone on the scum team. This means that they can't win with town because, obviously, they know too much to be town-aligned. So they win with scum, whether they are recruited or not. They still want to be recruited though because let's say the scum team has 4 people on it (might even be 3), if we lynch all of those 3 or 4 then the game ends even if we haven't killed the partner yet because the partner can't kill until recruited. If the partner is recruited, then we have a whole extra lynching that we have to do before the game ends.

UltraJay

I see. We can only be sure of a communication with Mazre, but there is the possibility that the recruitee just tried to be night killed, I think that's what I would do: make the scum team want to kill me. The only downside is that scum lose a kill and everybody can see that. However, I bet they weren't counting on Mazre's death giving us this information, so we would just chalk it up to a protection.

It's funny. I'm imagining what was going on in Mazre's head on night 1 in the gossip chat. He invited Sorian into the chat in order to get a trusted town on his side. In Sorian's mind, Mazre would go up a few points as he is revealed as a gossip - typically a town role - lore discrepencies aside. But then SORIAN reveals he is also a gossip and I bet Mazre just pissed his pants! Then he has to jump through hoops to try and sell the story that town has two gossip chats with literally no invite restrictions. Inviting the OTHER gossip (I'm hoping there isn't another one lol) on the FIRST night practically destroyed all his plans. It's hilarious.

Sorian

Banned
When this is all done, I assume Retro will open up all chats to everyone, prepare your laughs for the very first thing I said to Mazre when I got into Big Rico's. I was not amused with being in a second gossip chat and I said as much right away.

Gorlak

Banned
a tribute:

gHMRyHl.gif

Coppanuva

It does not. Mazre's role flip says that the conversion happens if they use their kill action or night action on the lost partner. Mazre's ability was a day action like mine. So neither AB nor myself are cleared if that is the only thing you are looking at.

Oh damn, that's true. I was thinking it would happen with day actions as well but I guess strictly going by the word choice it's not true.

I'll agree we should spend time looking for this conversion piece. I imagine their reads and interactions are going to be useful.

RetroMG

When this is all done, I assume Retro will open up all chats to everyone, prepare your laughs for the very first thing I said to Mazre when I got into Big Rico's. I was not amused with being in a second gossip chat and I said as much right away.

Everything will be opened except for private player asylums. (By which I mean boards that were created solely for players to put their thoughts down somewhere.)

a tribute:

Right-click, save as.

Sorian

Banned
a tribute:

gHMRyHl.gif

Hey, hey! I'm doing pretty good, by this point in Cthulhu I would have had double that amount. Progress.

I appreciate this gif so much

Oh damn, that's true. I was thinking it would happen with day actions as well but I guess strictly going by the word choice it's not true.

I'll agree we should spend time looking for this conversion piece. I imagine their reads and interactions are going to be useful.

In my world, we lynch someone who we believe is the lost partner and someone we believe is scum today. We'll see how it actually goes but when I start actually reading back in the thread, those are the two threads that I will be following.

Everything will be opened except for private player asylums.

Awww, you aren't going to open the area where I have been talking to myself? Though I've been totally lax on keeping that up to date lately. I barely even know what is happening in Werewolf these days.

Discussion is dieing again :(

btw, I just wanted to say that Setre doesn't get a free pass from me. We don't have any evidence that doctor claim is the truth.

Also, let us put a bit of pressure for stanleypalmtree so that (hopefully) he can be more active.

So I'm going to

That's ironic coming from you. The only thing I got from you are the results of your "gambit" and this single post. Everything else is either fluff, apologies, or useless remarks.

vote: seath

I'd like to tell us your three top scum candidates.

Coppanuva

btw, I just wanted to say that Setre doesn't get a free pass from me. We don't have any evidence that doctor claim is the truth.

That's ironic coming from you. The only thing I got from you are the results of your "gambit" and this single post. Everything else is either fluff, apologies, or useless remarks.

Yeah, discussion has really kinda died down ever since Mazre died. Also your Seath link didn't go to a specific post, I assume you meant this one right?

That said, glad to hear there's some pressure being put out as well. But we need people to talk, otherwise there's no way town's going to win this.

Yeah, discussion has really kinda died down ever since Mazre died. Also your Seath link didn't go to a specific post, I assume you meant this one right?

That said, glad to hear there's some pressure being put out as well. But we need people to talk, otherwise there's no way town's going to win this.

Yes, thanks for the correction.

Sorian

Banned
I feel weird game talking in the shout box in outer gafia so I'll stop that. I've actually been busy at work today for once so like I said earlier, I've just been in reaction mode today but none of you are doing much of anything so I have nothing to react too. I've already said my game plan is too suss out this lost partner today so I'll be re-reading day 1 tonight. Get hype for me to activate my ultimate scum hunting ability
after tripping and falling on my face a few times.

Sorian

Banned
I also want to say that whoever this night/day killer is totally stole my thunder. I have been dealing with this weird moral quandary about Mazre since night 1 and have been putting way too much thought into whether I would be destroying this amazing boon of having two linked town gossip chats and then you just swoop in here and wreck him anyway without my input (maybe). Just random musings, sorry.

I'm making my way back through yesterdays post now, these are just random thoughts and actually might be bringing up stuff you've all already moved past.

Both Sorian and Ty4on say that flavor wise it doesn't make sense for Sorian/Daina to be the lost partner but there is a flavor reason why Sorian could be. Sorian probably isn't and this is pretty much just flavor dissection but I thought it was interesting.

Isn't it kinda funny that Scrafty has to rhyme after making that modern poet comment on day one (I think it was day one).

Razmos sorta softed claimed earlier, so is it worth it at the moment to pressure him into full claiming or should we maybe hold off on that a bit?

In the same vein, with the Squidy, Raz, Trigger scum triangle now just a scum line will Raz's flip reflect well on Squidy?

If I had to like, pick my top 3 lamebrains I'd choose like, Razmos, Stan and Seath
But aside from good ol' Razzy-kins, like, no baddies have really bared their teeth.
He's like, the only one I'm sure of, so my vote will stay totally true
But we can like, vote out two baddies today, so like, what are we gonna do?

What does Mazre's post have to tell us about whether it was a neutral or not? I mean, scum is here to act so I wouldn't take it too much to heart but yeah, it must be neutral (or switching hijinks!) but probably neutral.

It's also funny that you say Big Rico's is tghe sketchy one. I thought Jerry's Tacos was the sketchier one when I saw that there were two gossip chats.
It seemed like genuine surprise to me, and kind of reminded me of the SW game when scum basically let slip that their target didn't die by suggesting a serial killer must exist. Basically a quick slip.

Speaking of targets, I'm actually curious about precedence of kills at this point. I know Retro can't really confirm anything, since it would require confirming a PR that hasn't been outed, but the question is thus: What happens if the serial killer and scum target the same person? We've posited that the Day-Time-Killer (DTK) is a NIGHT command with a delay, do Scum get the kill and the DTK just misses? That seems like the most likely answer to me. Naturally if it's a DAY power, which I'm not entirely ruling out, then the kill command comes after scum get their kill anyway. Guess it's all kind of moot anyway.

As for which chat was scummier, I haven't hit the Taco Stand in the series yet. (I just hit Valentines). But I remember the ad for Big Rico's, with the
'no one does a better slice. -cut music- no one'
. (not really a spoiler, but for those that want to listen to the casts with no preknowledge)

1) Fair point. I'm honestly not sure what I was hoping to get out of you, other than it seemed odd to me an I was desperate to get someone talking. I realize it's not really a solid line of reasoning, especially since the exact same thing could be applied to me, and I don't think there's really anything that specifically sets me off about you now that I think about it more.

2) Shit, I fixed it via edit since Retro asked me to, looks like the tool picked it up and it's all good. Moving it along anyhow since I noticed something... more at end of this post.
That's fair. I know I've been quieter than I'd like to be; I tend to be quieter early game because there's just so much going on. Also apologies if that post read super snarky, I've said before that putting ones thoughts out there is important and I stand by that.

The lost partner was told from the start exactly who the scum were so there probably won't be a huge difference in their reads from before to after recruitment. All being recruited did was bolster the scum numbers and allow a new person to commit the faction kill.
Even if they didn't know before, I doubt the first thing a brand new scum is going to do is suddenly do a complete 180 on their new friends. It'd basically paint a sign.

I'm working from home the next two days, so I should be around more!

going to go eat dinner, back in a couple hours.

It'd be better to wait until day 4 to revisit me, in all honesty./QUOTE]
I wont be here to defend myself when the time runs out but I see the way the tides are turning. Might as well do this now.

I'm Old Woman Josie, I talk to angels. I can send my angels to protect people at night.

Either I get voted out and you all see the truth or I die tonight due to the Mafia killing me.

Fun fact Sorian, I protected you on the first Night.
Wait, then what does getting to Day 4 matter? Today is Day 2.
Setre, you never answered my question as to why we should wait until Day 4 to revisit you.

There is always the ugly possibility that you're the recruitable. You can claim doctor knowing that Scum would almost certainly try to kill the doctor, and that the real doctor can't exactly counter claim.

I mean, I'm on board with everyone that you're town, but it still kind of bugs me.

Sorian

Banned
Both Sorian and Ty4on say that flavor wise it doesn't make sense for Sorian/Daina to be the lost partner but there is a flavor reason why Sorian could be. Sorian probably isn't and this is pretty much just flavor dissection but I thought it was interesting.

Isn't it kinda funny that Scrafty has to rhyme after making that modern poet comment on day one (I think it was day one).

Razmos sorta softed claimed earlier, so is it worth it at the moment to pressure him into full claiming or should we maybe hold off on that a bit?

In the same vein, with the Squidy, Raz, Trigger scum triangle now just a scum line will Raz's flip reflect well on Squidy?

Taking these in order.

I think you jumbled this sentence somehow or otherwise, I'm just not getting what you are saying. Yes, my stance that I am presenting is that Dana Cardinal would in no way possible be a recruitable member of a desert bluffs team. Are you saying there is a flavor reason why I would be recruitable?

Could you link to this post from Scrafty? That's kind of interesting actually.

Razmos has kind of screwed the pooch and basically said that he is a PR. No real hiding it now since multiple people have already quoted it and asked about it. Razmos, you should not claim anything further unless we are about to lynch you or you have investigation results of some sort. If you are a tracker or watcher, use your discretion but you should really just report anything that has to do with Fireblend on N1 and, in all honesty, probably just any results from last night since any movement from last night might have been scum recruiting the lost partner and that's a two for one special. If you are just a straight cop/investigator, just dump your results on us now. Green checks are just as important as red checks, it let's us clear the suspicion pool. NOTE: This is only advice for Razmos because he has already outed himself. I am not telling anyone else of the investigative persuasion to start spilling their guts

Really hard to say in all honesty. Being wrong isn't really a crime in mafia. If Squidy is town and he had a hunch about Razmos, that is all well and good, he can still be wrong and still be town. Alternatively, scum Squidy could just be setting up suspicious folks to fall later on. It's so hard to tell. The better game is to link people to known scum but Mazre didn't really have anyone coming to bat with him and he didn't really go out of his way for anyone else from what I remember, that's what I'll be researching tonight though.

Sorian

Banned
I guess we can get the gears turning on this now. We have an outed doctor that claimed a female role. This doctor says they protected me last night and did not or could not self-protect. There was no kill last night. Knowing what we know now from Mazre's flip, they may have went for the easy target and tried to kill the doctor and ended up with a recruit instead. Sounds crazy that scum could recruit a doctor but we shouldn't bar the possibility. On the flip side, would a smart scum team have attacked the doctor last night? Scum doesn't know what roles are out there and I'd bet my left nut that a theoretical watcher would have been watching Setre last night. Scum might have been worried about this and went for someone else instead.

I'm in the second camp because a recruitable doc is crazy to me and I feel like scum would be concerned of being watched this early on in the game (unless they have a ninja killer which we should consider as well) but I don't want to give Setre a free pass forever either.

Everything will be opened except for private player asylums. (By which I mean boards that were created solely for players to put their thoughts down somewhere.).

Wait, we get private spaces to scream at the glow cloud?

Taking these in order.

I think you jumbled this sentence somehow or otherwise, I'm just not getting what you are saying. Yes, my stance that I am presenting is that Dana Cardinal would in no way possible be a recruitable member of a desert bluffs team. Are you saying there is a flavor reason why I would be recruitable?

Could you link to this post from Scrafty? That's kind of interesting actually.

Razmos has kind of screwed the pooch and basically said that he is a PR. No real hiding it now since multiple people have already quoted it and asked about it. Razmos, you should not claim anything further unless we are about to lynch you or you have investigation results of some sort. If you are a tracker or watcher, use your discretion but you should really just report anything that has to do with Fireblend on N1 and, in all honesty, probably just any results from last night since any movement from last night might have been scum recruiting the lost partner and that's a two for one special. If you are just a straight cop/investigator, just dump your results on us now. Green checks are just as important as red checks, it let's us clear the suspicion pool. NOTE: This is only advice for Razmos because he has already outed himself. I am not telling anyone else of the investigative persuasion to start spilling their guts

Really hard to say in all honesty. Being wrong isn't really a crime in mafia. If Squidy is town and he had a hunch about Razmos, that is all well and good, he can still be wrong and still be town. Alternatively, scum Squidy could just be setting up suspicious folks to fall later on. It's so hard to tell. The better game is to link people to known scum but Mazre didn't really have anyone coming to bat with him and he didn't really go out of his way for anyone else from what I remember, that's what I'll be researching tonight though.

Yes I am basically saying that there is a flavor reason why you would be recruitable.

It took me a moment but I found the poet thing here.

I think your advice for Raz is sound.

Good luck in your endeavor. I honestly kept forgetting that Mazre was even here most of the time, so it might not be the most interesting search.

Setre

It'd be better to wait until day 4 to revisit me, in all honesty./QUOTE]

Setre, you never answered my question as to why we should wait until Day 4 to revisit you.

There is always the ugly possibility that you're the recruitable. You can claim doctor knowing that Scum would almost certainly try to kill the doctor, and that the real doctor can't exactly counter claim.

I mean, I'm on board with everyone that you're town, but it still kind of bugs me.

Was just a way to soft claim without actually having to say I was the doctor. If Sorian had waited I could have kept on protecting people for a couple of Nights without being ousted.

Sorian

Banned

Yes I am basically saying that there is a flavor reason why you would be recruitable.

Good luck in your endeavor. I honestly kept forgetting that Mazre was even here most of the time, so it might not be the most interesting search.

Taking these in order again.

Yes, I have a space that is only accessible to myself and the all of the game moderators where I am basically just commenting on all of the game simultaneously. I always have so much to say so Retro was nice enough to give me a spot to just yell at the walls. I'm pretty sure other people have similar hideouts. Before anyone asks, no there is no special advantage or anything to it, I'm really just talking to myself in there 9 times out of 10.

Can you please tell me the flavor reason because I can't think of one in all honesty. I guess if it is a podcast spoiler, tag it? But if it is something we have to talk about then it is what it is. Just as a side lesson, lost partners typically have no powers at all other than being recruitable and a few people can confirm (but again, will not say anything unless absolutely required) that I have the power to invite people to a gossip chat so that's one strike against me bring recruitable. Past that, I'm definitely open to Retro putting in someone with a PR that scum can recruit as I'll explain in my next post but that means that scum could have been in charge of both gossip chats. Highly doubtful. Again, I know I'm not recruitable but just giving game mechanic reason why it would make no sense so that people don't start trying to chase this when the logic isn't there.

That is actually a really good catch. Either coincidence of the century or Scrafty felt the need to breadcrumb her role while also targeting no one last night and pretending to be affected herself today so that no one would think she is the one with this power. Um, I'm going to do a double post because I have thoughts on this.

I'm not sure how much I will find but I feel like someone has to have done something odd concerning Mazre somewhere in day 1 and day 2. It was 8 whole days, no way there isn't even a nugget of something to analyze.

Sorian

Banned
I chose to protect you. Figured they were going to go after you or me and honestly I'd rather it be me.

Please keep in mind and this is to everyone. I am not important anymore. All I have to do is invite one more person to my gossip chat and it has reached full capacity. The day kill has happened already and assuming you guys don't lynch me (which I highly doubt is going to happen), my invite will move through since it is a day action. I should only be protected at this point if you honestly think that scum will target me and it's going to cause another kill free night. Otherwise, I am an ordinary townie after today. I'm sure scum has figured out and discussed this already since they have known about me since N1 and Mazre and I are basically mirrors of each other except for alignment so this is for town since a lot of you don't have a way to communicate and share ideas except for in here.

I'm not big on coincidences. I've said as much in regards to Mazre just up and dying at the perfect time. They do happen from time to time but there is usually an explanation for most things grounded in regular logic and not a coincidence. With that being said, this is actually a super interesting find. I know I've been pushing that the haiku thing is a negative utility town-aligned PR and this is kind of a change in my opinion but bare with me here. If this isn't a coincidence then it is a breadcrumb to a role in the game, obviously Scrafty would only know this if it was her own role or a teammate's role. On day 1, presumably, the only people with access to an outside chat was scum so I'm going to strike the idea that Scrafty breadcrumbed a teammate's role because that would be ridiculous.

So, in this theoretical scenario, she breadcrumbed her own role. Now D2, Ty4on was targeted. An extremely inoffensive target and, as I've said, a target that makes me, personally, feel that the person handing out this curse is someone town-aligned who has to use their power or otherwise just wanted to show that it was in the game. Someone with straight malicious intent would have hit myself or Coppa, for sure. Then D3 rolls around, if Scrafty is the haiku person, that means she didn't hit anyone last night and is now acting as if she was hit. This is an easy thing to do with this type of power. Deal with an annoyance early on and then later, you have a defense against an accusation. "No, I'm not the person handing out the curse, how could I be? I was cursed back on D3!"

Now this, of course, all leads back to was that thing on D1 a breadcrumb or a coincidence? But then, why breadcrumb it at all anyway and then also pretend to target yourself? I don't know, maybe Scrafty is the lost partner and this was a play to both teams but that comment from day 1 was so non-important that I'm surprised Ferret even remembered/noticed it. But then, after noticing it, I don't think my conclusions are too out there either. I feel something here. I'm not sure what yet but I want pressure on Scrafty.

VOTE: ScraftyDevil

.Can you please tell me the flavor reason because I can't think of one in all honesty. I guess if it is a podcast spoiler, tag it? But if it is something we have to talk about then it is what it is. Just as a side lesson, lost partners typically have no powers at all other than being recruitable and a few people can confirm (but again, will not say anything unless absolutely required) that I have the power to invite people to a gossip chat so that's one strike against me bring recruitable. Past that, I'm definitely open to Retro putting in someone with a PR that scum can recruit as I'll explain in my next post but that means that scum could have been in charge of both gossip chats. Highly doubtful. Again, I know I'm not recruitable but just giving game mechanic reason why it would make no sense so that people don't start trying to chase this when the logic isn't there.

I really don't think it's a big deal since you can actually make the same claim about a lot of characters I guess. The flavor reason would be because of
the doppelgangers from the sandstorm. Dana and her doppelganger fought and one of them killed the other, but Dana doesn't know if she's the original or the doppelganger.
But considering the part about the lost partner knowing who the scum were in Marze's role pm it would be weird for this to actually be the case.

Well, i walk in the door late this mornin and it feels like everyones already looking at me. guess ill try to get through this without borin y'all.

so iv been around and keepin track of whats been goin on, my lack of posts is partly due to timezones keeping me asleep when half the more intense discussion happens, and when i am here my distinct lack of confidence in my own opinions tends to keep my trap shut. yall can be pretty intimidating.

i totally misread the sunset at the end o day 2 and slept through the lynching, planned to vote for trigger, but wanted to wait until the last moment to see if he offered anything good for his defense. oops

while i wasn't convinced he was scum, i did think that he was more of a distraction to us rather than a help in actually finding scum, guess i would have been right on that call.

the death at the start of today leaves me pretty clueless on whats causing them, i was really thinking that it was a scummy thing to do, but it hitting scum means that now i dont know what to believe.

honestly im kinda bad at this, i think im too trusting, i only have a couple very light suspicions right now, but many i think i near certainly town. i guess a lynch mob just ain't my crowd.

also if any of y'all have any more direct questions for me, please do ask them, i feel like that would make it a heck of a lot easier for me to contribute.

Setre

Made a list of everyone who voted for at the end of Day 2:

1. Seath
2. Sorian
3. AbsolutBro
4. Ty4on
5. Unmasked Ferret
6. Karu

Seath voted for me before the madness began. Karu voted for me after I had just claimed.

AbsolutBro was the first to unvote me followed by Unmasked Ferret and then Karu.

Focus then shifts to Trigger, these are the people who voted for him AFTER the shift:

1. Mike_Hawk689
2. Sorian
3. Pop-O-Matic
4. Unmasked Ferret
5. UltraJay
6. Karu

Sorian, Unmasked Ferret, and Karu are the three who shifted their votes to the next person most likely to get voted out. Can remove Sorian from suspicion as he’s pretty much confirmed Town at this point.

Of Ferret and Karu here are their arguments for voting for me:

I'm willing to take a chance with you on this Sorian
I swear to god if this is for vote patterns
Why? Without a reason this is just stalling.

That's the defense and reaction i was waiting for.... welp.

And here’s their unvote posts:

I don't want to switch my vote back to Pop since now I think he is probably town. And I'm not so sold on Trigger being scum either.

For now...
I'm a bit at a loss here right now, since the reads from the day basically blew up in our faces.
That's just great :D Oh well, since D3 seems at least give us some progress, we'll have to take it I guess.

And their defense for voting for Trigger:

I don't want a tie, and at the moment Trigger is the only one who isn't completely reading as town.

Ty4on I saw the edit when reading through people's post from that morning when I got home from class, since I wasn't around when the day ended and only really looked for Darklighter's post.

It seems like I know a lot about Boo Boo'n because I did go back and make sure I read his post after his death, because like everyone else I was confused as to why he was killed.

Sorry about all the fluff, I'm trying to be better about it. I guess I should have used fewer words in response to Boo Boo? I'm really not sure what I could have done differently with that reaponse.

I have been trying to go against my lurker instinct and be more contributive, though I still feel like I could do better.

Not that meaningful at this point it seems, but majority is a majority is a majority...

Ferret seems to be legitimately thinking about what he’s doing. Karu seems to just be following along with the popular choice.

*Note: I removed their votes because I don’t know if it’ll mess with the Vote Bot Thingie. Also my quotes don’t show up when I quote them.

The poet thing, is like a total coincidence. I haven't like breadcrumbed anything yet.
I was visited by like, the same mist that got Ty4on; some kind of third-party power I'd bet.
I'm not a bad gal, I like promise to you. I think I'm like, onto something with my vote.
If I'm wrong on this you can like, lynch me tomorrow, but for now we're totally all in the same boat.

Kevyt

Sure thing.

StanleyPalmTree is a bit of a suspect right now because he is one of the most inactive posters so far (only 14 posts iirc)... but he is new so it might be why. Still my vote for him is pretty much to pressure him to defend himself given that a few other people have voted for him.

Ultrajay comes off as town for me as of right now. Nothing fishy here so far.

Unmasked Ferret is another new player and I can't quite get a read on him, but still nothing fishy there either.

Karu is also another new player which I have no read on so far.

TL21xx reads as town for now... There are some loopholes in his posts, and I'm a bit cautious of him. Still not a worthy scum suspect, yet.

Ty4on with the whole haiku thing... I'm thinking he could be neutral.

Pop-O-Matic one of my originial list of suspects, and still a suspect.

AbsolutBro said that was busy in one of his posts... I'm always cautious of anyone with "bro" on their username to be honest. :p

Mike_Hawk689 is a very fishy player in my opinion.

Razmos has said that he was very busy irl due to his job, and I'm not really noticing anything different from the other games he was in. Tough nut to crack.

ScraftyDevil, her posts have been very cautious, imo... too cautious as if she was worried she could make a mistake and that sort. I'm thinking she could be neutral or scum, or perhaps someone with a power role in either camp.

squidyj has been much less active this time around and that's very suspicious. His style seems to have changed all of a sudden.

Sorian posts a lot, like a whole lot (bruh, when was the last time you went outside?
jk <3
) and don't even bother reading anything he has to say... (sorry Sorian) but I'm sure he is town, or at least as I have explained, could be an asset to town given how frequently he posts.

Setre, I'm still weary of Setre, and he still is one of my suspects.

gryvan , don't really have much to say.

Royal_Flush - Still analyzing.

I guess my top three scum suspects would have to be Setre, Pop-o-matic, and MikeHawk_689 with Scrafty Devil, and Squidyj following closely.

I'm sure one or two of them are scum. The rest are doing a really good job at blending in I'm sure.

squidyj

I guess we can get the gears turning on this now. We have an outed doctor that claimed a female role. This doctor says they protected me last night and did not or could not self-protect. There was no kill last night. Knowing what we know now from Mazre's flip, they may have went for the easy target and tried to kill the doctor and ended up with a recruit instead. Sounds crazy that scum could recruit a doctor but we shouldn't bar the possibility. On the flip side, would a smart scum team have attacked the doctor last night? Scum doesn't know what roles are out there and I'd bet my left nut that a theoretical watcher would have been watching Setre last night. Scum might have been worried about this and went for someone else instead.

I'm in the second camp because a recruitable doc is crazy to me and I feel like scum would be concerned of being watched this early on in the game (unless they have a ninja killer which we should consider as well) but I don't want to give Setre a free pass forever either.

If you go with the idea that Mazre suspected he was on the block then fuck it, kill the doctor (have mazre send the kill) and force someone to come forward as another pr for minimal benefit with a protection role out of the game. You could kill that person next night and sorian the night after and then where would town really be?

Sorian

Banned
I really don't think it's a big deal since you can actually make the same claim about a lot of characters I guess. The flavor reason would be because of
the doppelgangers from the sandstorm. Dana and her doppelganger fought and one of them killed the other, but Dana doesn't know if she's the original or the doppelganger.
But considering the part about the lost partner knowing who the scum were in Marze's role pm it would be weird for this to actually be the case.

I had a thought sometime during yesterday's day phase that the scum team could be Kevin and
a bunch of doppelgangers
but Mazre's role flip blows up that theory. I never mentioned it because it would have given scum ammunition to confuse us.

post about voting patterns

Yes, Ferret and Karu both rode the waves when it came to who to lynch yesterday.I led two late minute lynches yesterday. (One on you when it was between Trigger and Pop and then once it was between you and Pop, I swung it back to Trigger). They were the only two to take part in both lynches and joined in on both after that person already had majority. It was very very reactive play indicative of either a townie that is easily swayed or scum playing along when neither option really mattered. Karu (no offense) has seemed a bit new to all of this so far so I could completely believe that he went along for the ride. Ferret has always seemed a bit more calculating so I would actually be surprised to just find that he was riding along on someone else's logic so easily. That being said I'm not sold on town or scum on either of these two but I wouldn't be surprised if there was one scum between them.

The poet thing, is like a total coincidence. I haven't like breadcrumbed anything yet.
I was visited by like, the same mist that got Ty4on; some kind of third-party power I'd bet.
I'm not a bad gal, I like promise to you. I think I'm like, onto something with my vote.
If I'm wrong on this you can like, lynch me tomorrow, but for now we're totally all in the same boat.

Two questions. First, we have two lynches today so obviously you will contribute to a second lynch candidate in some way but are you willing to back down on Razmos at all? Or is that your final answer for today?

Second, in the post where you voted for Razmos:

Like, thank you, mystery killer guy. You've made my life totally easier.
I think I'm gonna

VOTE: Razmos

now, cuz he really can't act any sleazier.

How did it make your life easier? I get the feeling that the easier line came first and then you had to come up with sleazier later to rhyme it and not vice-versa.

dull reads list

Seath, I have no clue what to do with you. This reads list is bad all around but I still have a hard time believing you are scum. I'm not defending you in anyway and I really think we just need to remove you from the game to know if you are good or bad because I think you play like this regardless but this list is lazy and not even pretending to be thought out.

Giving all new players a pass, being cautious of TL21xx after he is confirmed as the one that gave us a double lynch (I mean yeah, Retro could be subverting expectations but as far as his posts go, he delivered exactly what he said he would, no loopholes there), saying Ty4on might be neutral when he got hit by a curse of sorts when Scrafty was obviously hit by a curse today too, some reads where people are fishy just because (Mike and AB), etc.

If you go with the idea that Mazre suspected he was on the block then fuck it, kill the doctor (have mazre send the kill) and force someone to come forward as another pr for minimal benefit with a protection role out of the game. You could kill that person next night and sorian the night after and then where would town really be?

I mean this is actually 100% true, Mazre did try to defend himself against me privately last night but there is no reason why he wouldn't be the one to kill Setre last night, then during discussions today, the watcher would have most likely felt compelled to say "hey, I was watching Setre and Mazre visited" then scum knows the watcher and maybe watcher even sees another PR visiting as well and reports that to the thread. Mazre gets lynched as was probably going to happen anyway and scum has killed a doctor with the watcher in the wings, probably two of the most important PRs right up there with the investigator.

I'm still not willing to lynch our doctor claim right now though. Too much risk this early on, I think.

-----------

Unrelated to everything else I just typed.

TL21xx

You've disappeared since early on in the day and fine, real life and you did deliver but can you completely role claim for us please, just give it all to me again. One big post with your role name, role title, what exactly you can do, how you submit the command, flavor reasoning for your role, just everything. Lay it all over me. Paraphrased, of course, we run a reputable game of mafia here.

Two questions. First, we have two lynches today so obviously you will contribute to a second lynch candidate in some way but are you willing to back down on Razmos at all? Or is that your final answer for today?

Of Razmos' guilt I'm like, fairly sure. I can't like, think of a better candidate for today.
But if something like, major happens soon, then my vote may be prone to sway.

How did it make your life easier? I get the feeling that the easier line came first and then you had to come up with sleazier later to rhyme it and not vice-versa.

He seemed like he was like, trying to defend the bad guy; totally sticking up for his own kind.
Rhyming's harder than you like think, by the way. Makes it totally tougher to like, speak your mind.

Sorian

Banned
Of Razmos' guilt I'm like, fairly sure. I can't like, think of a better candidate for today.
But if something like, major happens soon, then my vote may be prone to sway.

He seemed like he was like, trying to defend the bad guy; totally sticking up for his own kind.
Rhyming's harder than you like think, by the way. Makes it totally tougher to like, speak your mind.

Humor me if you would and I don't need reasoning since rhyming this will probably be hard enough for you. Can you just give me your top town and top scum? I don't need a particular number of each, just whatever you feel is necessary in each category.

Humor me if you would and I don't need reasoning since rhyming this will probably be hard enough for you. Can you just give me your top town and top scum? I don't need a particular number of each, just whatever you feel is necessary in each category.

My top good guys would have to be, like you, Coppa, Jay, and AbsolutBro.
Two are just hunches but two are confirmed, and that's like, totally cool you know.
My top bad guys hall of shame would consist of like, Seath, Razmos and Stan.
If we were to vote out like, Raz and one other, I think that'd be like, the optimal plan.

Kevyt

My top good guys would have to be, like you, Coppa, Jay, and AbsolutBro.
Two are just hunches but two are confirmed, and that's like, totally cool you know.
My top bad guys hall of shame would consist of like, Seath, Razmos and Stan.
If we were to vote out like, Raz and one other, I think that'd be like, the optimal plan.

For the last time... I'm not scum!! (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

Scum knows who scum is (except for lost partner) and I sure ain't scum.

(&#12494;&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;)&#12494;&#24417;&#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

RetroMG

If you ask me for one, yes. As Sorian said, a handful of people on Outer Gafia have private boards for various reasons. Sorian's is so that he has a place to shout at the walls. The recently banned players in other games had them so they could communicate with their gamerunners. Other people have them for other reasons.

If you would like a private place to leave notes or otherwise shout at the walls, let me know.

Is the voting tool dead for anyone else? This is killing my research flow.

Working for me.

Top Bottom