• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

RetroMG

One minor programming note:

I will be travelling from the Thursday Morning, December 3rd, until Monday Evening, December 7th to a family reunion. I will still be watching the thread and responding to PMs, and either Palmer or I will be posting updates.
Day 4 start might be moved back 24 hours, but this is unlikely.
In the meantime, Palmer and YesNOnoNOYes are in charge when I am not around. If you have a question, feel free to PM me. If it is urgent, PM Palmer.

Thank you.

Sorian

Banned
Never feel bad about voting for someone.

all+in+the+game+yo.gif

I think this is fitting since I did also use it to respond to Razmos back on the first day. I think my logic on Scrafty was a little bit sketchy and its something I can re-visit later. I'm still re-reading day 1 but Razmos sticks out over and over again and honestly, I'm fine pushing him to the brink right now, seeing what he has to say and deciding if we should lock him in as vote number one for this day phase.

VOTE: Razmos

Also, here's something fun, I am going to haiku! Why? Because I can.

My top good guys would have to be, like you, Coppa, Jay, and AbsolutBro.
Two are just hunches but two are confirmed, and that's like, totally cool you know.
My top bad guys hall of shame would consist of like, Seath, Razmos and Stan.
If we were to vote out like, Raz and one other, I think that'd be like, the optimal plan.

Darkish red red rose
In the evening spring glows
A petal drop goes

An old silent pond
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

------------

I'm Blarg now, inb4 you all try to figure out what is going on.

also if any of y'all have any more direct questions for me, please do ask them, i feel like that would make it a heck of a lot easier for me to contribute.

Since no one else is asking of you right now, I'll ask everyone's favorite question. Top Two Town, Top Two Scum?

I had a thought sometime during yesterday's day phase that the scum team could be Kevin and
a bunch of doppelgangers
but Mazre's role flip blows up that theory. I never mentioned it because it would have given scum ammunition to confuse us.

That's why I was trying to be a little guarded and not outright say what it was, I wasn't sure if it would still matter but I figured I'd be safe about it.

For the last time... I'm not scum!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Scum knows who scum is (except for lost partner) and I sure ain't scum.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Maybe don't run around flipping tables. It's a #scumtell
am I doing this right?

Sorian

Banned
That's why I was trying to be a little guarded and not outright say what it was, I wasn't sure if it would still matter but I figured I'd be safe about it.[/SPOILER]

I highly doubt
doppelgangers
are at play now that I've seen one role flip from the scum team. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ty4on

Also, here's something fun, I am going to haiku! Why? Because I can.

Darkish red red rose
In the evening spring glows
A petal drop goes

An old silent pond
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

------------

I'm Blarg now, inb4 you all try to figure out what is going on.
I think most will disagree, but this almost makes me wish we had several people spellbound at the same time. Not many, it would be absurd even with just six.

It is interesting though that the same thing affected both of us and had a different effect.

I think one overlooked fact is that Mazre seemingly didn't know much about the flavor. It's certainly possible that he never asked scum chat, but it has honestly made me think of Razmos and Ferret as town. Razmos has been more subtle about it (#223), but with Ferret especially I have a hard time imagining him not giving Mazre a lecture about the dos and don'ts with the faceless old woman. One of them is that she's never seen by anyone (even if they know she is there) so her disguising herself makes no sense. Then again it's in the role PM so I dunno:
You live in everyone's homes, yet no one ever sees you. Do you know how annoying that is?

It's a subtle thing, but hey, look at what caught Mazre.

Sorian

Banned
I think one overlooked fact is that Mazre seemingly didn't know much about the flavor. It's certainly possible that he never asked scum chat, but it has honestly made me think of Razmos and Ferret as town. Razmos has been more subtle about it (#223), but with Ferret especially I have a hard time imagining him not giving Mazre a lecture about the dos and don'ts with the faceless old woman. One of them is that she's never seen by anyone (even if they know she is there) so her disguising herself makes no sense. Then again it's in the role PM so I dunno:

It's a subtle thing, but hey, look at what caught Mazre.

To be fair, Retro did add in flavor that people could see him if he put on a mask and hooded robe so some of the don'ts of the faceless old woman completely went out the window anyway. I don't think I would use this as a clue to how scum chat is going, personally, but it is something to keep in mind.

As an aside, going through day 1 is just as boring as it was when I had to live through it but here is another reads list from Mazre, could be nothing, could be something:

No outstanding items for me, that's peculiar but not unwelcome.

Moving on to some reads:

Mikehawk/Razmos/Popomatic/Booboo: These guys are coming across pretty fluffy, possibility of a mafia among them but nothing overly alarming at this point, I suppose you could throw scrafty in here as well but I guess from others comments that's just her shtick

Sorian - keeping things moving despite a pretty sedate crowd so far, always appreciated

Setre- Seems wishy-washy but not mafia, just a townie without the will to do what must be done

And something from Fire a few posts later in response which I'll also quote since I still find Squidy suss.

You mentioned Razmos already, but do you have any thoughts on Squidy's accusations towards him and Trigger?

TL21xx

Banned
Unrelated to everything else I just typed.

TL21xx

You've disappeared since early on in the day and fine, real life and you did deliver but can you completely role claim for us please, just give it all to me again. One big post with your role name, role title, what exactly you can do, how you submit the command, flavor reasoning for your role, just everything. Lay it all over me. Paraphrased, of course, we run a reputable game of mafia here.

Yes! Sorry for disappearing, deadline day for my Grad app.

I am John Peters, y'know, the farmer? I am a troublemaker. I have the ability to give a speech at the beginning of the day once in the game to give town an extra vote for that day. It's done by PM to the game master. I have this ability because I have very strong opinions and exceptional oratory skills. At least when I'm not talking to my imaginary crops.

So basically, I'm now just a regular townie that really needs to post more =P

Just saw Seath's list. Not digging it. Unless someone turns up more scum...

rifle-scope-1.jpg

IT'S HUNTING TIME!

Vote: Seath

Sorian

Banned
Yes! Sorry for disappearing, deadline day for my Grad app.

I am John Peters, y'know, the farmer? I am a troublemaker. I have the ability to give a speech at the beginning of the day once in the game to give town an extra vote for that day. It's done by PM to the game master. I have this ability because I have very strong opinions and exceptional oratory skills. At least when I'm not talking to my imaginary crops.

So basically, I'm now just a regular townie that really needs to post more =P

Just saw Seath's list. Not digging it. Unless someone turns up more scum...

rifle-scope-1.jpg

IT'S HUNTING TIME!

Vote: Seath

I'll give you a free pass, my fiancee is out drinking with friend's because of the same thing :p

Would it be possible for me to ask you to consider Razmos? I'd actually like our little night/day killer to target Seath next. They seem to be targetting town's problem spots each night and I love you Seath but I think the world needs to know what you are.

As for your flavor, yeah, this all still checks out to me. I highly doubt this is a scum that was snuck in with a PR that is usually reserved for town. I had to make sure though.

Ty4on

To be fair, Retro did add in flavor that people could see him if he put on a mask and hooded robe so some of the don'ts of the faceless old woman completely went out the window anyway. I don't think I would use this as a clue to how scum chat is going, personally, but it is something to keep in mind.
How did I miss that? Basically turns my theory on its head :/
I've been too lazy this day phase. I'll try to make more researched posts tomorrow. I agree with D1 being especially boring, like a no lynch with a lynch.
Without an example role it would be hard to make one up. I'm guessing most of scum have "town-ish" sounding roles like that.

I'm so uncertain about Squidyj because he seemed to stand out too much, but it's weird how he glides past Mazre. His reads from D1 also has an awful lot of townies in retrospect if we include Sorian.
Good thing you [Trigger] and razmos are mafia then, amirite?

it's not based on their interactions, just two separate reads.

I'll add that in the circle of Ultra Jay, Boo Boo'n and Sorian, there is also a mafia.
Especially when we know now scum didn't kill any of them.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Razmos (4)
ScraftyDevil .1311
Sorian .1323 .1398
Pop-O-Matic .1335
squidyj .1368
Sorian .1452

Seath (3)
Coppanuva .1394
Royal_Flush .1418
TL21xx .1457

StanleyPalmtree (2)
UltraJay .1395
Sorian .1398 .1434
Seath .1407

Coppanuva (1)
gryvan .1386

AbsolutBro (0)
Coppanuva .1372 .1394

ScraftyDevil (0)
Sorian .1434 .1452

No active vote for Day 3:
AbsolutBro
Karu
Mike_Hawk689
Razmos
Setre
StanleyPalmtree
Ty4on
Unmasked Ferret

Day 3 ends:
pin_1449252000.png

Sorian

Banned
Pretty much done with looking through day 1. Not much to glean even after knowing Fire's, Trigger's, Boo's, Dark's, and Mazre's alignments. Some things that stuck out to me though.

I find it interesting that Fireblend and I are in a different part of your reads list. I feel like he has been my mimic for most of the day. Maybe I'm the only one that has been seeing that though.

This is in reference to Mazre's main reads post that has been posted a few times, click back over to my quoted post and you'll see I bolded a weird inconsistency at the time. I was thinking that maybe scum was trying to downplay Fire as more of a non-entity than he actually was in an attempt to make his later death mean less. Mazre did actually end up going back on this and calling Fire town later though so not much came of it, I also didn't notice anyone else place Fire as a null read or anything of the sort.

Off to bed soon but as stated earlier it's vote time:

VOTE: Setre

This is a long shot play. As I stated previously, I feel it's low odds that theres a mafia in our currently small no lynch group of Setre and gryvan. That said if I'm gonna take a long shot I wanna do it early in the game. I'm giving my vote to setre over gryvan as gryvan was the first to declare interest in no lynch, has been quieter of late, and gryvan is new to gafia so he's getting a little day 1 leeway (all such considerations are off come day 2.)

I forgot about this but Mazre placed his vote (and held it all day) on Setre. I'm sure we could WIFOM this to death but when he placed this vote, it was really anybody's race to die with most people only having 2, maybe 3 votes on them (looks like highest was 2 though). This would be incredibly gutsy to vote on a teammate day 1 like this and be the potential beginning of a bandwagon that loses a teammate. Basically, I see this as Setre being town.

Seath gonna Seath.

Mazre did this a few times. He tried to play off Seath's, um, "odd" play style a lot throughout day 1 (you'll see it again in a Mazre read list I quote later in this post) and I can see a world where Mazre is trying to run damage control for a way too obvious scum Seath.

Too lazy to go back a page and quote just came back from a bar

Sorian; I was thinking about AC gossip chat but idk how it works, I got the recruit one person at night but was there 1 chat or 2 on that game? One with town as leader and the other with scum as leader? I didn't read much on AC, so if anyone wants to chime in, it would be appreciated!

VOLUNTEER lol

Er........

This post kind of stuck out to me for obvious reasons. AC was nothing like this by the way. There were 3 gossip chats, all with town leaders. I mean, there's no way a scum just handed out the answer right here in the thread. I thought I'd quote it and post it though for amusement and theory.

squidyj - 45%
Gives reads and follows up on them. A bit narrow from time to time, but also not very agreeable most of the time. Is putting Fallout at higher priority than Mafia, which clearly is a #scumtell.

Fireblend - 45%
I'm sorry, I didn't read all your posts, it were too many. But you left a lasting impression, so that's a good thing, I guess? Could be that you head an even lower score if I went over your posts, but I didn't.
Also don't steal Sorian's moped again ;)

gryvan - 45%
Honestly just looks like a new player that wants a bit of guidance. I think new scum players would rather get that in scum chat.

Ok, so this was the only thing that I saw that was an obvious grouping of individuals that included Mazre and was small enough to consist of mostly scum (A three scum team seems small but is possible with a secret partner and another killer). Again, I was looking for something where the secret partner was trying to signal to his/her teammates. I didn't see anything else that really raised flags on me in anyway except for this and I swear, if gryvan or squidy turn up scum, I will have words with you Flush.

Quoting my previous reads for easy reference-

I'l start by talking about my last group in the previous post, these are mostly my gut reactions at the moment:

fireblend - leaning positive at this point, strong participation

tl21xx - keep an eye on this one, seriously, that was either the clumsiest or most deft play I've seen

ultrajay - lean town at this point

ferret / trigger / ty40n - still pretty neutral on all of these

For the minimalists -
stanleypalmtree - still the big ?? here, literally nothing to go on
karu - septimusprime redux (archer game reference), null read
seath - Yep that's Seath, null read
darklighter - others have said it better already, defensive and unwilling to engage with the group as a whole

fluff squad - I have nothing new here, still a good chance for a mafia in this group
no lynch group - Again nothing really new, setre's response was pretty light and he hasn't really attempted much further engagement

town group - this group feels on the large side to me at the moment which makes me uneasy, feels like theres a better than average chance of a scum in here but time will ultimately sort that out. Coppa's comment about potentially creating a tie is oddball but not lynch worthy by itself

--------

Gonna stick with my Setre vote, I still prefer a long shot to a policy lynch day 1. That said I have no objection to darklighter's lynching at this point.

Just wanted to quote this one as well, another reads list from Mazre, nothing stunning by any means but maybe someone else will notice something.

Er........

This post kind of stuck out to me for obvious reasons. AC was nothing like this by the way. There were 3 gossip chats, all with town leaders. I mean, there's no way a scum just handed out the answer right here in the thread. I thought I'd quote it and post it though for amusement and theory.

You people gotta understand that I legit don't follow any other games lol. Acher & Night Vale and Onuw7-8 and 4?
Did it help you catch scum? Yes? No prob just doing my job.

Sorian

Banned
You people gotta understand that I legit don't follow any other games lol. Acher & Night Vale and Onuw7-8 and 4?
Did it help you catch scum? Yes? No prob just doing my job.

No, I 100% forgot you posted this. I remember you bringing up gossip chat and I laughed and played along because I obviously knew I was a gossip but at the time I didn't know about Mazre.

Coppanuva

Catching up on posts and I wanna reply to some of this. First, I saw your explanation of your "knowing Mazre was scum" above and... eh. It's not particularly interesting so I'm not commenting on it for now. That said, I have a few questions for you about your list.

Sure thing.

StanleyPalmTree is a bit of a suspect right now because he is one of the most inactive posters so far (only 14 posts iirc)... but he is new so it might be why. Still my vote for him is pretty much to pressure him to defend himself given that a few other people have voted for him.

Ultrajay comes off as town for me as of right now. Nothing fishy here so far.

Unmasked Ferret is another new player and I can't quite get a read on him, but still nothing fishy there either.

Karu is also another new player which I have no read on so far.

TL21xx reads as town for now... There are some loopholes in his posts, and I'm a bit cautious of him. Still not a worthy scum suspect, yet.

Ty4on with the whole haiku thing... I'm thinking he could be neutral.

Pop-O-Matic one of my originial list of suspects, and still a suspect.

AbsolutBro said that was busy in one of his posts... I'm always cautious of anyone with "bro" on their username to be honest. :p

Mike_Hawk689 is a very fishy player in my opinion.

Razmos has said that he was very busy irl due to his job, and I'm not really noticing anything different from the other games he was in. Tough nut to crack.

ScraftyDevil, her posts have been very cautious, imo... too cautious as if she was worried she could make a mistake and that sort. I'm thinking she could be neutral or scum, or perhaps someone with a power role in either camp.

squidyj has been much less active this time around and that's very suspicious. His style seems to have changed all of a sudden.

Sorian posts a lot, like a whole lot (bruh, when was the last time you went outside?
jk <3
) and don't even bother reading anything he has to say... (sorry Sorian) but I'm sure he is town, or at least as I have explained, could be an asset to town given how frequently he posts.

Setre, I'm still weary of Setre, and he still is one of my suspects.

gryvan , don't really have much to say.

Royal_Flush - Still analyzing.

I guess my top three scum suspects would have to be Setre, Pop-o-matic, and MikeHawk_689 with Scrafty Devil, and Squidyj following closely.

I'm sure one or two of them are scum. The rest are doing a really good job at blending in I'm sure.

1) You didn't list an opinion on one player here, me. What's your opinion on me?

2) There's a few inconsistencies between this and your list on Day 1. On day 1 you provided these names as people you thought were suspicious:
Stanleypalmtree
scraftydevil
Trigger
Ty4on
Mike_hawk
Squidyj

Here you provided us with:
Stanley
Ty4on
Pop-o-matic
AbsolutBro
Mike_Hawk
Scrafty
Squidy
Setre

More importantly you claim that Pop was "one of my originial list of suspects, and still a suspect." Yet again, if we look at your post history and search for posts by you with the word "pop" in it we only get 1 other post, right here. Why exactly do you find him so suspicious? I have a few reasons in my mind, but you never raised any suspicions about him until these 2 posts.

Also, why do you find Ty4on being haiku'd suspicious? Why does that make you think he was the neutral? It's a big leap in logic, and I can't follow it.

Not that again. :( 3 times was enough.
After that game i was fractured but whole.
Did that make sense? Sorry its lalalalalate

On topic. I haven't followed the game because r6s..

>:O maybe 3 times WERENT enough >:O

pls, guys, in the future, try not to use human error to validate in-game play. it's... it's not sportmanshiplike.

thankies.

>:O maybe 3 times WERENT enough >:O

pls, guys, in the future, try not to use human error to validate in-game play. it's... it's not sportmanshiplike.

thankies.

But he wasnt listening linda!
Im sorry i shouldve kept quiet!
Im the werewoof.
Haaaaa jk jk lol lol
Too soon? Shit
Modkill me

Made a list of everyone who voted for at the end of Day 2:

1. Seath
2. Sorian
3. AbsolutBro
4. Ty4on
5. Unmasked Ferret
6. Karu

Seath voted for me before the madness began. Karu voted for me after I had just claimed.

AbsolutBro was the first to unvote me followed by Unmasked Ferret and then Karu.

Focus then shifts to Trigger, these are the people who voted for him AFTER the shift:

1. Mike_Hawk689
2. Sorian
3. Pop-O-Matic
4. Unmasked Ferret
5. UltraJay
6. Karu

Sorian, Unmasked Ferret, and Karu are the three who shifted their votes to the next person most likely to get voted out. Can remove Sorian from suspicion as he’s pretty much confirmed Town at this point.

Why did you skip me? Not that I want the attention. But I'm curious why you let me off the hook for voting for trigger.

On another topic, people are saying that TL is confirmed townie because his pr checks out. BUT
T
why are saying he's a townie? Isn't there a mafia kid that gets killed every time and triggers (rip) a double lynch next time? Can't we assume that instead of a lynch trigger, it's a one-time night action?

UltraJay

Why did you skip me? Not that I want the attention. But I'm curious why you let me off the hook for voting for trigger.

On another topic, people are saying that TL is confirmed townie because his pr checks out. BUT
T
why are saying he's a townie? Isn't there a mafia kid that gets killed every time and triggers (rip) a double lynch next time? Can't we assume that instead of a lynch trigger, it's a one-time night action?

Dude, retro's Day Begins post completely matched up with his claim. I don't see a double lynch as helping scum. I'm not certain about a scum power like that UNLESS you are talking about a scum power that when they are killed, scum gain a DOUBLE KILL power.

You don't want the attention? Now why on Earth would you have a problem with being called out? Hmmm?

TL21xx reads as town for now... There are some loopholes in his posts, and I'm a bit cautious of him. Still not a worthy scum suspect, yet.

Can you point out specifically what your referring to here?

You do realize that the list he drew up was based off people who voted for him first and then switched to Trigger?

Since no one else is asking of you right now, I'll ask everyone's favorite question. Top Two Town, Top Two Scum?

alrighty then, keep'in it in two's does make it more interesting.

Top town :
Sorian - now the way im see'in it, hes basically superman, in that he looks to be on our side and is a huge benefit for us, but we just have to trust him to not suddenly turn out to be a supervillan.
UltraJay - provoking a lot of helpful and insightful discussion, hasn't said anything that seemed suspect, and even keeping low posters (like me) from going too far under the radar.
(heh, my top town people are two that recently voted for me, i guess it was just the honesty of it?)

Top Scum
Razmos: kind of jumping on the bandwagon i guess, but his defense on the pressure being put on him has been lacking, definitely will be tacking note of his actions (or inaction) going forward.
Pop-O-Matic: or at least that's what my gut says. He was higher on my suspect list earlier, and i guess there is still some lingering doubt about him, but nothing recent has made him stand out too much.

Karu

First off: What was the editing above about? Doesn't seem to be game related - otherwise it wouldn't have been edited out, but still... what?

Sorian said:
Karu (no offense) has seemed a bit new to all of this so far so I could completely believe that he went along for the ride.
None taken. Seriously... Across NaNo, study, no internet at dorm my embarrassing all-over-the-place post from D1 this hasn't been the easiest round of Gafia to get into, I guess. :D

Back to the game, tho.

Razmos fell into spotlight early on due to squidyj pressuring him, which agitated Razmos way more than maybe expected. There seems to be an issue from a past game where Razmos quitted early due to RL. No idea how sensitive he is, what squidyj true feelings are about him, whatever - normally this whole thing would give me a pause, but ultimately it would be a non-read to me. The thing is... he carries this whole angle with him til this point of the game, which is weird. Half the conversations with him are more about him and his playstyle as opposed to what he is thinking about the game, the crux is, though, that stiring the conversation in this specific direction comes mostly from himself. I think that line of defense is suspicious, even if all he says is true, he has to know it won't cut it in the long run?

Now... squidyj was cornering Razmos early on for not posting enough etc. before - ironically - he himself disappeared for a few days and then writing fluff about him wanting to play Fallout and stuff, but he made a far more convincing case for himself going forward, so there's that.

Probably brought up already, read the entire thread, but can't remember every single quote/comment. Razmos put Mazre on his first bigger read list, wrote this about Mazre...
13 [m] Mazre - Also seems to know what he is doing, posted some good reads and hasn't said anything that strikes me as suspicious. Leaning town
... which checks out with Mazre's first postings. There are quite a few fluff and advice-type-post in there, but yeah. The problem is... as he noted himself...
Also I'm aware that most of my reads are town/neutral, but it is day 1 and not enough has happened.
He's right, Day One and all, but it seems like an overly convienient list.

For now I will place my vote on
VOTE: Razmos

It's tricky because his overly lethargic playstyle makes him suspicious, but in turn may give him an edge when it comes head to head with someone else. While >>maybe<< true in spirit, it gives him a defense that's hard to come by with game facts.

That's it for the moment, but because there are already a few votes on Razmos and we have to lynch two people at the end of the day, I will make up my mind about others.

Sorian

Banned

T

He was talking about people who bandwagoned, you were the first vote on Trigger so you weren't really a topic of that discussion. Also, as Ultra says below, you are talking about a scum member dying and scum getting a double night kill not double lynch.

Dude, retro's Day Begins post completely matched up with his claim. I don't see a double lynch as helping scum. I'm not certain about a scum power like that UNLESS you are talking about a scum power that when they are killed, scum gain a DOUBLE KILL power.

It's worth the investigation which is why I poked TL21 a bit as well but yeah, I'm still thinking he is town. Gafia mods like to subvert expectations and give roles that are assumed to be town to scum every once in awhile so I didn't want to give him a free pass and then find out later that he was actually scum that got to hide behind a well used PR play.

alrighty then, keep'in it in two's does make it more interesting.

Top town :
Sorian - now the way im see'in it, hes basically superman, in that he looks to be on our side and is a huge benefit for us, but we just have to trust him to not suddenly turn out to be a supervillan.
UltraJay - provoking a lot of helpful and insightful discussion, hasn't said anything that seemed suspect, and even keeping low posters (like me) from going too far under the radar.
(heh, my top town people are two that recently voted for me, i guess it was just the honesty of it?)

Top Scum
Razmos: kind of jumping on the bandwagon i guess, but his defense on the pressure being put on him has been lacking, definitely will be tacking note of his actions (or inaction) going forward.
Pop-O-Matic: or at least that's what my gut says. He was higher on my suspect list earlier, and i guess there is still some lingering doubt about him, but nothing recent has made him stand out too much.

Hey, you like direct questions so here is one. How do you feel about Squidy?

First off: What was the editing above about? Doesn't seem to be game related - otherwise it wouldn't have been edited out, but still... what?

You can ask Retro when the game ends (or in the dead thread if you should die early), ultimately, it wasn't anything important.

---------

Speaking of Stanley's post, did anyone else notice that Pop went to sleep Monday night and doesn't seem to have woken up? :p

Sorian

Banned
Felt like bumping the thread since nothing is going on. So here's a vote count:

razmos (5)
scraftydevil 1311
sorian 1323 (1398)
pop-o-matic 1335
squidyj 1368
sorian 1452
karu 1483

absolutbro (0)
coppanuva 1372 (1394)

coppanuva (1)
gryvan 1386

seath (3)
coppanuva 1394
royal_flush 1418
tl21xx 1457

stanleypalmtree (2)
ultrajay 1395
sorian 1398 (1434)
seath 1407

scraftydevil (0)
sorian 1434 (1452)

Past that, I think we are booting Razmos today and we should, I see nothing wrong with that (barring his eventual role claim I'm sure). But what do we want to do as the second lynch? Personally, I would like to knock out Squidy. I have a whole scenario set up in my head of what is happening and it basically guarantees one scum between Squidy and Razmos. If I'm right, it also clears someone else completely. I'm not willing to share the scenario right now though so I know I'll be at a bit of a handicap explaining myself and garnering votes, but damn it, you guys know I will try.

Again, I do want the third party to kill Seath tonight and they've seemed receptive before so we might not need to worry about him too much.

Was just a way to soft claim without actually having to say I was the doctor. If Sorian had waited I could have kept on protecting people for a couple of Nights without being ousted.
makes sense. Mafia may have thought Sorian was some sort of cop initially, so knowing that he's a gossip instead may move him down the kill list.

AbsolutBro said that was busy in one of his posts... I'm always cautious of anyone with "bro" on their username to be honest. :p
uh, okay?

anyway, going to reread while I wait for some work jobs to run and I'll try to get an actual read post up later today.

Sorian

Banned
makes sense. Mafia may have thought Sorian was some sort of cop initially, so knowing that he's a gossip instead may move him down the kill list.

Nope. Mazre knew my role N1. Scum was not deceived by my play at all, only other town members plus the secret partner if they hadn't been recruited yet.

Past that, I think we are booting Razmos today and we should, I see nothing wrong with that (barring his eventual role claim I'm sure). But what do we want to do as the second lynch? Personally, I would like to knock out Squidy. I have a whole scenario set up in my head of what is happening and it basically guarantees one scum between Squidy and Razmos. If I'm right, it also clears someone else completely. I'm not willing to share the scenario right now though so I know I'll be at a bit of a handicap explaining myself and garnering votes, but damn it, you guys know I will try.

Again, I do want the third party to kill Seath tonight and they've seemed receptive before so we might not need to worry about him too much.
What's the difference between 3P killing Seath and 3P killing squidyj?

Does your scenario involve a squidyj lynch even if Razmos flips scum? You might want to wait on this for a bit. Anyway, squidyj also is part of my Top5 scum list, altough he kind of has an excuse for his D2 non-existance. But what I'm seeing today still is kind of untypical.

Regarding your suspicion on me as a lost partner (You left out the important "Mazre: 45%" part of the quote, btw): Damn, I wish I would have thought of something like this in GAFia. I'm horrible at breadcrumbing. But I guess as soon as someone flips scum who is not in the 45% range of my post, that theory will dissolve anyway...

Sorian

Banned
What's the difference between 3P killing Seath and 3P killing squidyj?

Does your scenario involve a squidyj lynch even if Razmos flips scum? You might want to wait on this for a bit. Anyway, squidyj also is part of my Top5 scum list, altough he kind of has an excuse for his D2 non-existance. But what I'm seeing today still is kind of untypical.

Regarding your suspicion on me as a lost partner (You left out the important "Mazre: 45%" part of the quote, btw): Damn, I wish I would have thought of something like this in GAFia. I'm horrible at breadcrumbing. But I guess as soon as someone flips scum who is not in the 45% range of my post, that theory will dissolve anyway...

Haha damn it, yes I did. I was cutting and pasting a bunch of quotes and chopping out any unneeded bits. Yes, sorry, my theory is that you put four people at 45%. Fireblend was one of those people so the reasoning is already a bit weak but Mazre was in there with two unknown entities so maybe the scum team is 3 people and you added a forth for some possible confusion later.

As for why Squidy now as opposed to letting the third party do it. Well, I'd like to discuss my theory in gossip chat tonight and, unfortunately, without both a Razmos and Squidy flip, I might not have enough evidence to prove my point. I'm still going to explain my thoughts to gossip chat tonight anyway but the key piece of evidence will most likely be missing.

As for your other question. Yes, a Razmos scum flip would actually satiate my curiosity on this topic for now with Squidy's flip being unneeded at this time but we get the double lynch today and, sadly, even if we push Razmos to a lynch right now, we still won't see his flip until the end of the day so it is kind of a moot point. For what it is worth, a Squidy scum flip would also satiate my curiosity on Razmos for now and make his flip unneeded at the moment too. I'd like to take advantage of our two lynches today and I don't think anyone is seriously town reading Razmos and Squidy right now, as far as I am concerned, it is a win for everybody in terms of information gathering unless one of them ends up claiming something super important which is a bridge we can cross when we get there. And I'm basically convinced that one of them is scum if I'm reading everything that has happened in the thread correctly so far.

Kevyt

Catching up on posts and I wanna reply to some of this. First, I saw your explanation of your "knowing Mazre was scum" above and... eh. It's not particularly interesting so I'm not commenting on it for now. That said, I have a few questions for you about your list.

1) You didn't list an opinion on one player here, me. What's your opinion on me?

2) There's a few inconsistencies between this and your list on Day 1. On day 1 you provided these names as people you thought were suspicious:
Stanleypalmtree
scraftydevil
Trigger
Ty4on
Mike_hawk
Squidyj

Here you provided us with:
Stanley
Ty4on
Pop-o-matic
AbsolutBro
Mike_Hawk
Scrafty
Squidy
Setre

More importantly you claim that Pop was "one of my originial list of suspects, and still a suspect." Yet again, if we look at your post history and search for posts by you with the word "pop" in it we only get 1 other post, right here. Why exactly do you find him so suspicious? I have a few reasons in my mind, but you never raised any suspicions about him until these 2 posts.

Also, why do you find Ty4on being haiku'd suspicious? Why does that make you think he was the neutral? It's a big leap in logic, and I can't follow it.

Can you point out specifically what your referring to here?

You do realize that the list he drew up was based off people who voted for him first and then switched to Trigger?

Yes I know... But that's the point. My posts don't have to make sense or follow logic, because umm... reasons. ^.^

uh, okay?

anyway, going to reread while I wait for some work jobs to run and I'll try to get an actual read post up later today.

Bruh, I was hoping the :p would give it away as a joke.

Sorian

Banned
Something I am going to push again and again by the way.

There are 5 votes on Razmos right now. Those 5 people are stuck here and unable to help with the secondary lynch target unless we push Razmos to majority which then locks him in and allows everyone that had votes on Razmos to spread wherever they like. I just want to point out that these locked up votes near the deadline could allow someone to play shenanigans with the secondary lynch target since right now everyone below Razmos is hovering at 1 or 2 votes. A tie for second will result in a lynch of the first place person and a no lynch for the second person. Just thoughts to keep in mind. I am going to do this for now

VOTE: Squidyj

And shift my vote between the two of them as needed to make sure we don't deal with shenanigans.

Coppanuva

Yes I know... But that's the point. My posts don't have to make sense or follow logic, because umm... reasons. ^.^

I don't get what you're trying to get at. Though you did avoid answering your opinions on me. I'd still like them since you covered everybody else.

Coppanuva

Those 5 people are stuck here and unable to help with the secondary lynch target unless we push Razmos to majority which then locks him in and allows everyone that had votes on Razmos to spread wherever they like. I just want to point out that these locked up votes near the deadline could allow someone to play shenanigans with the secondary lynch target since right now everyone below Razmos is hovering at 1 or 2 votes. A tie for second will result in a lynch of the first place person and a no lynch for the second person. Just thoughts to keep in mind. I am going to do this for now

VOTE: Squidyj

And shift my vote between the two of them as needed to make sure we don't deal with shenanigans.

I'm not letting us get a tie on the last vote if I can help it. We're not wasting it. I'm going to avoid voting on the 2 leading candidates for the time being so I can help influence final votes if needed.

Nope. Mazre knew my role N1. Scum was not deceived by my play at all, only other town members plus the secret partner if they hadn't been recruited yet.
Fuck, you're right.

My bad, I was going to post more but went back and forth between replies and forgot post more.

work is kicking my ass and my brain is just not with it today.

Don't even apologize. Seath is acting shady as fuck and he knows it.

I don't understand that playstyle. What is going on?

What is the required number for a turbo right now? I think it's 9. So if we want to vote out Razmos today, we should start announcing this. As I understand everyone ok with a Razmos lynch could just switch on him for a short time and then after he reached a majority continue with whatever they were up to.

Ty4on

What is the required number for a turbo right now? I think it's 9. So if we want to vote out Razmos today, we should start announcing this. As I understand everyone ok with a Razmos lynch could just switch on him for a short time and then after he reached a majority continue with whatever they were up to.

How strongly do we believe Razmos is scum? He just feels like the inevitable (town) target like Trigger yesterday.

Sorian

Banned
I don't understand that playstyle. What is going on?

18 players so 10 to turbo a choice.

How strongly do we believe Razmos is scum? He just feels like the inevitable (town) target like Trigger yesterday.

I am extremely confident that either Razmos or Squidy is scum. Take it how you will though, everyone knows I am prone to coming up with intricate schemes and I think I know what is at play here but I could be totally wrong. As I've said though, I don't think Razmos or Squidy are doing town any favors at the moment so this isn't really an out of left field lynch either and it'll help clear some of what has been obscuring the suspects otherwise.

Top Bottom