• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

Aceofspades

Banned
Wut?

Why?

Microsoft and Sony are both doing great.

I honestly don't get posts like this. Is it a meme or is the sarcasm meter broken here?

when you look at it from a grander scales of WW sales, Sony is doing great, Microsoft not so much. also losing your biggest market to Sony is seriously bad thing.

VRb26TO.jpg
YYmuB6n.gif

(gif by Kyonashi)

Jigorath

Banned
US launch month

Tomb Raider [All Formats] - 644,000
Rise of the Tomb Raider [All Formats] - 200,000 (-69%)

Bonus

Tomb Raider [Xbox 360] - 348,000
Rise of the Tomb Raider [All Formats] - 200,000 (-43%)

UK first week launch

(100%)

Tomb Raider [ALL Formats] - 206,500
Rise of the Tomb Raider [All Formats] - 44,000 (-79%)

Bonus

Tomb Raider [Xbox 360] - 103,000
Rise of the Tomb Raider [Xbox One] - 37,400 (-64%)
Rise of the Tomb Raider [All Formats] - 44,000 (-57%)

Edit: When I was doing this comparison I though that CosmicQueso was referring to Rise of the Tomb Raider when he said 200,000.

Please don't pay attention to this until we have the confirmed number.

This Tomb Raider situation has to be one of the top 5 biggest fuckups of the generation.

allan-bh

The assumption that digital purchases are governed by the same factors on both so a bigger install base would mean proportionately more sales.

Bigger install base means more digital sales, not bigger rate of digital x retail.

If Black Ops III sold 20% digital on PS4, could also sold 20% on Xbox One.

Uh it shrank 3 times this year, and Sony Slowly gained slowly. Doesn't matter who you are a fan of it's contested until Sony can land the final blow.

It shrank twice didnt it?

Once in April by 13k and 28K in Halo month. But where it counted, Sony made big gaps in the months that mattered. Not sure what being a fan of any console is, the evidence is there. The final blow... thats a pointless statement, when is the final blow, when the consoles are no longer available.

So that means Sony have won 9 months this year and the gap has grown by 621k in what was last gen a massive market for Xbox. I see a non contest at the moment and it would take a massive price cut (and remember XBO was selling less consoles even when it was cheaper than PS4).

--------
Jan
PS4 ~192k | XBO ~152k

Feb
PS4 - 342k | XBO - 276k

Mar
PS4: 336k | XBO: 233k

Apr
XBO 187k | PS4: 174k

May
PS4 ~ 152,000 | XBO ~ 139,000

JUN
PS4: ~370k | XBO - ~297k

JUL
PS4: 218k | XBO: 189k

AUG
PS4: ~209k
 | XBO: 202k

SEP
PS4 - 354k
 | XBO - 293k

OCT
XBO: 303k | PS4: 275k

NOV
PS4: 1.5m | XBO: 1.23m

40k in favour of PS4
66k in favour of PS4
103k in favour of PS4
13k in favour of XBO
13k in favour of PS4
73k in favour of PS4
29k in favour of PS4
7k in favour of PS4
61k in favour of PS4
28k in favour of XBO
270k in favour of PS4

joecanada

I remember people saying CoD was going to go down this year. Glad to see people were wrong.

I was actually expecting battlefront to beat it, but when they released the stripped down version and it didn't review well, I knew it wouldn't.

BOPS3 still has nothing to brag about though with their absolutely shit servers, lag, hit detection....

In other news, I am kind of surprised at all the "good job Halo" posts for charting... I mean wasn't charting a given? Wouldn't Halo be a complete lock for top spot or top 3 normally? I don't see it as a big result for them.... maybe I am out of touch.

Loudninja

PSN top sellers:

US

PS4 Games
1 Call of Duty: Black Ops III
2 Fallout 4
3 Star Wars Battlefront
4 Need for Speed
5 The Order: 1886
6 Wolfenstein: The New Order
7 Rocket League
8 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
9 Battlefield 4
10 Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
11 EA SPORTS FIFA 16
12 Grand Theft Auto V
13 Destiny
14 Sword Art Online: Lost Song
15 Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
16 Far Cry 4
17 Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
18 J-STARS Victory VS+
19 Ultra Street Fighter IV
20 Madden NFL 16

EU
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (New)
Fallout 4 (New)
Need for Speed (New)
Star Wars Battlefront (New)
Rocket League (4)
FIFA 16 (3)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Re-entry)
Game of Thrones (RE)
Grand Theft Auto V (9)
Driveclub (16)
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (5)
Destiny: The Taken King (2)
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (RE)
Minecraft: Story Mode (6)
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (20)
Minecraft (12)
F1 2015 (RE)
Mortal Kombat X (13)
Journey (RE)
Monopoly Plus (RE)

Kyoufu

It's amazing how PS4 is selling like this with no exclusives. Sony will just cater to Indies while Nintendo and MS have AAA exclusives.

MS isn't going to get (m)any more AAA exclusives from here on out unless they fully fund them from the ground up.

No 3rd party in their right mind would go ahead with an exclusivity deal at this point unless Microsoft pay their asking price, which is going to be far too expensive now.

Mahonay

Banned
It's amazing how PS4 is selling like this with no exclusives. Sony will just cater to Indies while Nintendo and MS have AAA exclusives.
Uh what? AAA multiplatform games sold extremely well on PS4, the games that make up the majority of the market. No one is buying the PS4 just for indies. Sony has next year lined up with plenty of AAA exclusives.

ryan299

I Dont think 343 killed halo it was bungie. Destiny is a innovation over halo. And In the end the only people capable of killing halo was the people who made halo

Bungie started the downfall but 343 continued. They knew people hated Reach but they went even further with it in 4, then had the MCC problems. And then 5 has the worse story in the series, with a marketing campaign dedicated to something that isn't even a main focus of the story.

343 did the damage. Destiny really has nothing to do with it.

I am waiting anxiously for MS PR. I imagine it will be a Lovecraftian twisting of words and numbers the likes of which we have never seen.

GamerJM

Banned
Great numbers on the PS4/X1's part. It seems like we're starting to see a shift to more holiday-focused holiday numbers.

Not surprised at Tomb Raider though.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I wonder how the date for TR was picked. Crazy.

This is a personal guess and I know nothing but I imagine Square Enix wanted it out as fast as possible so they can release it on PC and PS4 while it still looks as visually impressive as possible. Xbox One is a close #2 in the US but far lower in other Western markets as well as Japan.

If Microsoft paid the whole budget I don't know how bad this actually is for Square Enix, but it's still hugely disappointing. Lara Croft is one of gaming's most iconic characters.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
They somehow shipped a million so I would assume so.

They did mention TYPE-O in their IR presentation being satisfied with the results so I would assume so as well; TR is a huge bummer honestly.

Top Bottom