• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division beta pushed back, Xbox One Alpha test Dec 9-12

Bastos

Nope. At the end of the alpha, they gave us some info on what bugs/graphical problems that we had reported that were actually already sorted in their internal builds, and what alpha players would be in the beta automatically. No idea on extra content. To be honest, as a network and bug test, I don't think they need to add much more. Alpha had a main story quest, a sidequest, a few ambient quest/challenges and dark zone stuff. Unless there are raid type things to come, I think that's a good spread, and I don't really want to be spoiled too much. Alpha did a good job keeping the actual plot away from you. There's enough content there to fit the purposes of the testing, imo.
I absolutely agree, but you know, the thirst is real :c

Makikou

Nope. At the end of the alpha, they gave us some info on what bugs/graphical problems that we had reported that were actually already sorted in their internal builds, and what alpha players would be in the beta automatically. No idea on extra content. To be honest, as a network and bug test, I don't think they need to add much more. Alpha had a main story quest, a sidequest, a few ambient quest/challenges and dark zone stuff. Unless there are raid type things to come, I think that's a good spread, and I don't really want to be spoiled too much. Alpha did a good job keeping the actual plot away from you. There's enough content there to fit the purposes of the testing, imo.

I missed this, can you elaborate via PM since i'm guessing i cant see alpha forums anymore.

R3cki

Banned
there was one thing in the darkzone that frustrated me in the end.
when i was hunting down rouges their rouge-timer ran out and they were friendly again. they are untouchable again then but i shot them just a sek after that and then i was a rouge and instant got slayed by the other allies nearby that were on my side at the shootout just a couple of seks before.
that happend several times in mid-long distance fights.

WTF?!

Yep because I actually care what happens with this game. Don't screw it up ubi.

Haha, I felt like this was one of those rare occasions of playing an alpha where I wasn't floored by what I played, nor despised it, but instead I started out put off by certain things but saw some great stuff as I went on, and I'm kind of at the point that It's a pretty interesting experience that could be incredible with improvement. So It feels like a good point to do the survey, because I think there's some chances they could genuinely make due to the nature, within the time they have. Hopefully they think long and hard about the feedback. Also, I think they could be a little less concerned with their competition metrics. Too much of the survey concerned with other games, and not enough questions where I could expand on what I think could change.

Makikou

Haha, I felt like this was one of those rare occasions of playing an alpha where I wasn't floored by what I played, nor despised it, but instead I started out put off by certain things but saw some great stuff as I went on, and I'm kind of at the point that It's a pretty interesting experience that could be incredible with improvement. So It feels like a good point to do the survey, because I think there's some chances they could genuinely make due to the nature, within the time they have. Hopefully they think long and hard about the feedback. Also, I think they could be a little less concerned with their competition metrics. Too much of the survey concerned with other games, and not enough questions where I could expand on what I think could change.

I agree, i wish they would have asked more of my direct opinions on things. I did manage to voice off my thoughts on the shortness of Rogue timers in DZ though.

What was interesting that they directly quizzed about my Destiny progression & how i felt Division matched up to Destiny in various scenarios.

Did anyone go all the way with the survey haha? I did the full three part 20-25 minute thing. YOLO.

I did the entire thing. I enjoyed my time in the alpha had some concerns that I shared in the survey.

I no longer pre-order games, but I'm looking forward to owning this when it comes out

Theorry

BE ADVISED: The Alpha trial servers will be turned on again starting at 0900PST for a minimum of 3 hours for additional stress testing.

Theorry

I guess not today then.

"That’s why we will be opening the servers to all our Alpha testers this Friday, at 3 PM CET, 9 AM EDT, 6 AM PDT for a duration of 3 hours minimum (and maybe longer depending on the results we will be getting). You are all welcome to join and enjoy these extra hours of gameplay. If you know any other Alpha testers, make sure to let them know as we will need as many of you as possible.
The game version will be exactly the same as last week. Also note that since this test is still in the context of the Alpha, the NDA remains in place."

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I guess not today then.

"That’s why we will be opening the servers to all our Alpha testers this Friday, at 3 PM CET, 9 AM EDT, 6 AM PDT for a duration of 3 hours minimum (and maybe longer depending on the results we will be getting). You are all welcome to join and enjoy these extra hours of gameplay. If you know any other Alpha testers, make sure to let them know as we will need as many of you as possible.
The game version will be exactly the same as last week. Also note that since this test is still in the context of the Alpha, the NDA remains in place."

Nice!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
JampackedReliableJohndory.gif
Made a gif.

Bsigg12

Ive read somewhere that the Alpha will be up again?

From the alpha forums

That’s why we will be opening the servers to all our Alpha testers this Friday, at 3 PM CET, 9 AM EDT, 6 AM PDT for a duration of 3 hours minimum (and maybe longer depending on the results we will be getting). You are all welcome to join and enjoy these extra hours of gameplay. If you know any other Alpha testers, make sure to let them know as we will need as many of you as possible.

Top Bottom