• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division beta pushed back, Xbox One Alpha test Dec 9-12

killercow

http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-an-update-to-our-beta-plans/

The Division Beta planned for December will now take place in early 2016. However, we're excited to announce that players who preordered the Xbox One version will have priority access to an exclusive closed Xbox One alpha testing phase, taking place from December 9 to 12. Those of you on the waitlist for the Xbox One alpha may be granted access on an as needed basis. In addition, players who pre-ordered the Xbox One, PS4, or PC version of The Division will have access to a closed beta on their respective platforms in early 2016.

The alpha will begin December 9 at 10 AM CET | 4 AM EST | 1 AM PST and will end December 12 at 9AM | 3 AM EST | 12 AM PST CET. We will begin sending codes on December 7, so keep an eye on your email.

This exclusive Xbox One alpha testing phase in December will be the first time the public gets to play a version of The Division that includes more than the Dark Zone PvP enabled areas. This means the moment you and other players sign into the game, you'll be giving us valuable insight into how our infrastructure performs under pressure that we can’t replicate internally or at a tradeshow. This process allows us to monitor and gather additional feedback on other aspects of The Division, as well. However, due to the early stage of this alpha, we ask that all participants do not share images, video, or descriptions of the game’s content outside of the official Division alpha forum. Players will be prompted to accept a non-disclosure agreement before playing the alpha.

Alpha is under NDA. Download Size: 23.2 GB.

Makikou

Yeah sounds good. Not seeing the release happening by March 8th to be honest.

Looking forward to alpha & PS4 beta in 2016.

I can understand why there's a NDA on the alpha.

But I'm not allowed to say anymore, but at the same time I am surprised by the fact that there will be an alpha open to a lot of people though

etta

my hard graphic balls

But I'm not allowed to say anymore, but at the same time I am surprised by the fact that there will be an alpha open to a lot of people though
Because it's not really an Alpha.

Makikou

Probably because they had that marketing deal w/ Microsoft where they claimed exclusive beta access on Xbox One for 2015 December... aaand now they had to push it back to 2016 where the PS4/PC betas also happen..

Thus they have to let them into the alpha.

PxR

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad there is an NDA behind this, I would have loved to finally check this out on Twitch

etta

my hard graphic balls
If you played it, you'd know it really is an alpha.
If this game is in Alpha state, then it's not coming out in 2016.
Do you know what an Alpha state is for a game? Do you know how a game such as this cannot move from Alpha to Beta to Final in 3 months? Or even 9 months?
Developers, especially Ubisoft, have started calling the games they show Alpha so as to cover their asses from downgrade accusations.

Thought this was going to be an early Open Beta, why are people signing up on the website and then proceeding to say they got their beta code?

So it's not an open beta then? Ugh, i was hoping it would have been this month. I want to play it so bad.

zorbsie

If this game is in Alpha state, then it's not coming out in 2016.
Do you know what an Alpha state is for a game? Do you know how a game such as this cannot move from Alpha to Beta to Final in 3 months? Or even 9 months?
Developers, especially Ubisoft, have started calling the games they show Alpha so as to cover their asses from downgrade accusations.

I've played it enough to know this isn't a glorified demo like most betas. It's clearly not in a finished state. There is still lots of work left to be done. I'll leave it at that.

mclem

It seems so strange to put an alpha out there so close to the release of another FPS (albeit with a different focus) from the same publisher. I suppose it's still much smaller than the beta.

shingi70

Banned
Nice, just got my code and have Wedesnday off. Between this Xenoblade, and Sparrow racing this week should be a good one.

garath

Hmm. This isn't encouraging. Better to call it a beta stress test or something then the full closed beta in jan. Seems like the only reason they are doing this is to adhere to the agreement they had with Microsoft. Give the Xbox owners something exclusive.

Sill, there's three months or so left of development (not sure when the gold cutoff absolutely has to be) so as long as it's just bug fixes and the like, it still has potential.

jesu

Just got my code, looking forward to trying it for a few hours this week.
I hope the servers are ok...

etta

my hard graphic balls
I've played it enough to know this isn't a glorified demo like most betas. It's clearly not in a finished state. There is still lots of work left to be done. I'll leave it at that.
Because those Betas aren't Betas either, they are near-Final releases.
FYI, Alpha is when you test the game's core mechanics. Most of the textures, objects, effects, world, acting... is missing. Those leaks we saw last year with white textures all over was the actual Alpha.
3 months before release is right at the end stage of a Beta, assuming of course they'd ship the game in Final state.

I have a code. But i didnt pre order the game.

Same. I did sign up for the beta when it was initially announced (which feels like it was over a year ago).

Excited I'll be able to check it out. At one time, this was my most anticipated game for 2014.

Theorry

Same. I did sign up for the beta when it was initially announced (which feels like it was over a year ago).

Excited I'll be able to check it out. At one time, this was my most anticipated game for 2014.

II believe at E3 you could go on a waitling list instead of pre ordering. Think i did that do.
Maybe this says something about the pre orders. :p

Where are you guys receiving your keys? Email or Xbox one messages?

Email.

Haven't got my code yet, hopefully it'll come soon because 23gb will take a while to download

I don't understand why there's an NDA when so many people are obviously going to record gameplay of it etc, especially with it being such a large "alpha" test

Lucifon

Only way to get in via preorder? Pretty sure I signed up for the Xbox beta but I haven't preordered yet. (UK here)

Alx

If all people who preordered are in, then I'm not sure the NDA will matter. People will start talking about it, if they'll enforce the NDA and start banning too many of them it will get ugly.

Robin

Only way to get in via preorder? Pretty sure I signed up for the Xbox beta but I haven't preordered yet. (UK here)

Nope, I got code and I haven't preordered. All I did was sign up to the beta waiting list on the official Division website.

Recharg3

Have this pre-ordered on Amazon UK but haven't received anything yet, I did sign up to the Beta back in July with the code they sent me though? we will see what happens I guess...

PS if anyone has a spare code going that they won't use I'd be more than grateful!

Top Bottom