• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division beta pushed back, Xbox One Alpha test Dec 9-12

I registered my beta code like 4 months ago... and this is someone that literally just hit submit and got it. Feeling a little pissy

You sure you're checking the email registered to your uPlay account? I totally forgot that I have a different email that my uPlay is using as opposed to my main email address, and mine was in there.

Orca

If someone is sharing games with another person what happens when one gets into a closed alpha like this?

If someone is sharing games with another person what happens when one gets into a closed alpha like this?

My son and I gameshare and he was able to download and play my Doom Alpha this past weekend so I'm assuming it will work for this game too.

Division site, drop down menu at the top, "beta", then a code if you pre-ordered or waiting list if you haven't. If your platform is xbox one, you may get into the alpha as well.

EDIT: In fact, it's only a drop down menu on my phone, on desktop, you see it as soon as you visit the site: Click

Thanks dude. Just added myself to the waiting list, I'm not going to pre order the game just now, fingers crossed :)

If people aren't having luck with Amazon sending their key, I just pre-ordered on Game.co.uk and got it instantly. (which then led to an alpha key after I redeemed it on The Division site.)

ViciousDS

Banned
amazon btw got me a code within a mere 30 seconds from the order.....and then I cancelled it

HOYL SHIT

I just applied the beta key and I got Welcome to the Alpha immediately hahaha

fuck yes

If I had a pound for every delay there has been on this game I would own my own yacht by now. I can't see this being ready for March as being at alpha stage when they planned on being beta doesn't bode well. I agree with what others have said they are only making the alpha available due to an agreement with Microsoft. Still I got my alpha code so I guess I will see what kind or state this game is in very soon but will have to keep it to myself due to the nda

If I had a pound for every delay there has been on this game I would own my own yacht by now. I can't see this being ready for March as being at alpha stage when they planned on being beta doesn't bode well. I agree with what others have said they are only making the alpha available due to an agreement with Microsoft. Still I got my alpha code so I guess I will see what kind or state this game is in very soon but will have to keep it to myself due to the nda

I don't think this is an actual delay but rather a re-labeling of Beta to Alpha. Especially after what happened during the RB6 Beta where their servers were getting trashed so bad they had to take the whole beta down for something like 24 hours to fix it all.

The problem is too many "Beta" tests have been glorified demos.. so now when something is in an actual Beta.. the players start assuming the game will be broken at launch if there are problems during Beta. Which means companies need to start calling actual Beta's, Alpha's instead. It's a mess of labels.

Nooo I signed up for the alpha with a uplay account that is for an email I can't use anymore and when I try to change email it says it's sent an email to the email account I can't access </3

Bloodsent

Found out that the reason I didn't get a code was because my Xbox Live account was linked to a different Uplay account with an email address that hasn't been valid for years. After going through Live Chat, they got me sorted out and even gave me my Alpha Code right then and there. :)

GeeDuhb

I preordered this months ago and could have sworn I signed up for the Beta...I found my Amazon email with they key and resigned up with it a little while ago, and it went through, but I have not gotten an email yet...maybe they cut it off? Grrrr...

SJRB

Gold Member
Absolutely cannot wait to see some proper, non-scripted gameplay footage of this game.

It's been in hiding way, WAY too long.

Basketball

did it like 15 mins ago

preordered from Amazon , got email for preorder, another for the promotion (from amazon)

entered code on ubi site ... boom alpha code for your platform (make sure you have access to that uplay email account to get code)

Cancelled order

GeeDuhb

did it like 15 mins ago

preodered from Amazon , got email for preorder, another for the promotion (from amazon)

entered code on ubi site ... boom alpha code for your platform (make sure you have access to that uplay email account to get code)

Cancelled

GRRRR wtf?! When it asked you to log in on the beta site, did you log in to your xbox live account? Cause that was the only option I had...

Basketball

GRRRR wtf?! When it asked you to log in on the beta site, did you log in to your xbox live account? Cause that was the only option I had...

yeah it open a MS account window to confirm the uplay account then ok'd out

then the code was on the ubi site after

D_psipher

People who went the Amazon route and are still waiting, check your junk mail folder. That is where my alpha code email ended up.

GeeDuhb

yeah it open a MS account window to confirm the uplay account then ok'd out

then the code was on the ubi site after

Okay, cool. It asked me for my Live login, but didn't ask me for my UPlay login...I never got anything. I signed up with another email and got another Amazon code, and I got it this time. Thanks for the info!

I pre ordered from Amazon UK a couple of days ago but got nothing except the order confirmation email. I don't have a uplay account let alone one linked to Amazon...is that needed?

Edit - I have checked my spam folder etc. It's not there.

GeeDuhb

I pre ordered from Amazon UK a couple of days ago but got nothing except the order confirmation email. I don't have a uplay account let alone one linked to Amazon...is that needed?

Edit - I have checked my spam folder etc. It's not there.

You can either cancel/reorder or go chat with Amazon. You need a UPlay account to sign up for the beta, but that has nothing to do with the beta token.

Cyros

So last night I pre-ordered this and redeemed the beta code Amazon sent out before all this change to it being an alpha, and haven't seen anything today. Am I SOL?

EDIT: NVM, it ended up in my "Promotions" tab of my inbox buried a bit.

FrsDvl

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Xbox One key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1152203.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FrsDvl, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Division Alpha -- MB-16D2CEEB0A247500 - Taken by TheYanger. 5 entrants total.

t1449534021z1.png

For those that had no luck getting a key, i don't need mine!

I preordered the game at this one store, it has a guaranteed beta access but they didn't send out a code yet. I won't get into this alpha without that, right?

What is the Amazon way? Do i just preorder the Xbox One version and that's it?

I preordered the game at this one store, it has a guaranteed beta access but they didn't send out a code yet. I won't get into this alpha without that, right?

What is the Amazon way? Do i just preorder the Xbox One version and that's it?

Preorder, get code, cancel order.

Reorder if game is any good (optional)

Top Bottom