• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Platinum Games Title - Vanquish (Mikami TPS, PS3/360, Winter 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Update 5:

TreIII said:
Courtesy of some nice guys over at the P* forums...
Mikami says: "I wanted to do a TPS, a quick one, a really really quick one"

The reporter says: "Sam Gideon and his team mates sprint at high speed rom one cover to another"
"Huge battleships fly over the battlefield (a space station) and crash on it"
"Sam's white armor pulse with green lights like it's alive, while some sections of the armor open, slide, shapeshift"
"Even the weapon changes and it's a feast or the eyes"
"The boost ability enables the player to move lightning fast across the battleield, and you can end the run with a Guile like somersault like in the face of the enemies"
"There are multiple kind of grenades, turrets with machine guns to use, enemies reach the battleield even on lying cargos, a lot of weapons to pick up, doors to hack, team tactiques enabled via d pad, combat mechas to deactivate and use against enemies"
"The main characters smokes when the helmets opens" lol
"The GIANT spider boss, after being almost destroyed, recomines like a transormer into a humanoid mech with different attacks"
"There is a QTE during the boss battle"
"The game resembles PN03 in some parts and Mikami himsel considers it his spiritual successor"
"The tech shown is already absolutely awesome, PRESTIGE to use the term of the reporter"
"The amount of things on screen, the stunning detail, and most of all the insane speed displayed on screen, is unbelievable"
Mikami says that this game won't make player feel that they need online co-op.
The inspiration are Gears Of War and Call Of Duty
Mikami wants the game to be quick, exciting, responsive and very challenging for the player.
Mikami says that it's almost impossible to translate the gameplay into online with online limitations, since too many things happen at once.
The engine is an highly upgraded and modiied version of Bayonetta engine
Mikami wants to consider this game an high speed sci-fi survival with robots.
- http://forums.platinumgames.com/showthread.php?p=27694&posted=1#post27694

So...it IS based on the Bayonetta engine after all? Interesting, now I want this even more!

Update 4:

Tenbatsu said:
33ogls9.jpg

33o5ij8.jpg

hwwh9i.jpg

sdemuu.jpg

5jxjef.jpg

2u89f2g.jpg

23wjfvd.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1232614_1124.html

Update 3:

New article with lots of details, about half repeated from below.

duckroll said:

Update 2:

duckroll has gotten new details from Famitsu:

duckroll said:
Vanquish is PS3/360, it's confirmed. It's due to be out by Winter 2010. Mikami also says that while it is a third person shooter, it is not a "normal" shooter. It will emphasize speed and fast paced action, and you will also be shooting robots instead of humans. I can't make out anything else because the "scans" are way too blur after that.
duckroll said:
More details on Vanquish:

The game setting is a near-future war between US and Russia. By setting it in the future, Mikami can use robots and high tech stuff to make the game more interesting. He says the reason why the enemies are all robots is because he wants to allow players who do not like shooting other humans to be able to play and appreciate the gameplay in shooters as well. The mech suit features a high speed booster which allows you to very quickly boost next to enemies to pull off close range attacks. There are a large variety of close range attacks moves in the game. There is a balance between using cover and using the boost, but it is definitely not a pure cover shooter. You do not pick up and change weapons in the game, instead your weaponry is part of the suit and it all transforms in realtime into different sorts of weapons. The game is about 80% complete, and they're working on refining the AI for both allies and enemes at the moment. There is a demo planned, and the game will be released in winter 2010.

Update:

It seems that the game is a shooter and is being unveiled in the next OPM:

SegaBits said:
It seems that both rumors might be correct, according to the Official Playstation Magazine podcast.

“Next time we’ll be talking shooters with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Vanquish and another very special game yet to be announced.”
Source: http://www.segabits.com/?p=281

TreIII posted an interesting update about the teaser also: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19897109&postcount=1714

Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-vanquish/61349?type=flv

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Volcynika said:
Only two and a half ish months and we will know!

:/

(Cool countdown page though)
Well, it might be sooner. It's just I'm not quite sure if it literally is entirely in seconds (after the millisecond section) or not.

Of course, if it's not, I guess this could be going on for near a year or so...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Infinite Space.

HUELEN10

We already have a Wii game, a DS game, and an HD current-gen console game from them. Could this be a PSP game?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
HUELEN10 said:
We already have a Wii game, a DS game, and an HD current-gen console game from them. Could this be a PSP game?
Well, they announced a project with Mikami, so I imagine it's that.

Xelinis

I'm hoping for Matsuno's new RPG. I don't know why people think he's doing it at Monolith Soft when his work on Madworld clearly indicates that he's involved with Platinum Games.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
duckroll said:
Why would they be counting down to a half a year old game?

Because it's just that awesome.

You also got the timer wrong Nirolak. It's 6 days, 23 hours, 1 minute, x seconds as of this post.

Aka; 1 week.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
EatChildren said:
Because it's just that awesome.

You also got the timer wrong Nirolak. It's 6 days, 23 hours, 1 minute, x seconds as of this post.

Aka; 1 week.
Excellent. Thank you and updating the OP.

I expect them to update ridding of the countdown, They announce a game but to be revealed in XX Days, XX Hours, XX Minutes, XX Seconds from new site.

EatChildren

duckroll said:
So if nothing happens in a week will EatChildren be banned? :eek:

Yes.

HUELEN10

EatChildren said:
2ept3ic.jpg

Seriously, do we have any leads on what this could be? Could it not be a game announcement? 3 Platinum titles have been released so far, right? Maybe it's another one of those countdown to a countdown thingies.

EatChildren

HUELEN10 said:
Seriously, do we have any leads on what this could be? Could it not be a game announcement? 3 Platinum titles have been released so far, right? Maybe it's another one of those countdown to a countdown thingies.

I dont think we have any leads but one can assume it will be a new game. MadWorld, Infinite Space, and Bayonetta are finished, the first two for quite some time. The devs have to be doing something, and after Bayonetta hits in a few games they'll have released all of their announced games.

They're due for a new game announcement or two.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Does anyone know a better decompiler than SoThink?

There are four logo flash code files that aren't being decompiled because I only have the trial version, but they might give us some hints.

Xelinis said:
I'm hoping for Matsuno's new RPG. I don't know why people think he's doing it at Monolith Soft when his work on Madworld clearly indicates that he's involved with Platinum Games.

I wish.

Raxus

The way you guys make it sounds Mikami is going to ascend to the heavens by the time the countdown hits 0.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMI

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kyoufu said:
I hope its a survival horror game by Mikami.
Well, Mikami is already making a survival horror game with Grasshopper and EA. He also confirmed on their Facebook page that it's a different project than the Platinum Games one.

He could be making two simultaneous though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom