• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

blamite

I know full details have not been released yet but they said it's possible to make game modes like oddball and ricochet but never actually saying they will be in the game, if it's not out with the update it will be a bit of a letdown because those two game types were some of the best in h4. Maybe soon they can put in regicide or juggernaut or king of the hill. Though with King of the hill they will have to be smart with placement or do something with Spartan abilities or else it will be a disaster.
I think I'm one of the three or so people ho actually really liked Regicide? Especially the team version.

Ocho

Yeah. Don't want to play on that one without a team. Last match we were matched against a Champion 104... Just ridiculous.

It's rare to get matched against Champions. From what I read that was the first time you played as Onyx (Onyx 1500~ that is)? It's 1 game in 50.

Akai__

It's rare to get matched against Champions. From what I read that was the first time you played as Onyx (Onyx 1500~ that is)? It's 1 game in 50.

Well, there is only 200 of them, so I was really really surprised that we had a Champion enemy. People who are Onyx 1700+ should play them and not somebody who just ranked up to Onyx. That was just really frustrating.

jfoul

Wow, have you been buying packs? We have like the same playtime.

I've spent zero dollars on req packs, but I've been grinding warzone assault hard for awhile now. Other modes will take you forever to get enough points for completion. Points per minute are just too low in other modes.

Kibbles

Man, couldn't change anything for my load out, it just said retrieving data the whole warzone game. Sucks.

Now the game just reset itself...

Apparently this game thinks I'm really really bad at halo. I'm playing some team arena and the opponents might as well be running around in circles shooting at each other. Social arena ive found you!

BraXzy

Well, there is only 200 of them, so I was really really surprised that we had a Champion enemy. People who are Onyx 1700+ should play them and not somebody who just ranked up to Onyx. That was just really frustrating.

A lot of times Champs team with low level Onyx peeps, usually a friends alt, so they actually find games. It sucks but it happens.

Nice tag bruv
I've spent zero dollars on req packs, but I've been grinding warzone assault hard for awhile now. Other modes will take you forever to get enough points for completion. Points per minute are just too low in other modes.
I've done so much grinding in Warzone Assault that I may have forgotten how to play seriously lol. I have about 70k points saved up for the next wave of Silvers. Figured there isn't anything else I need from Golds aside from the Mk. V, but that can wait too. Mk. IV is holding me over just fine, at least until the other Mk. V variant drops ;]
775e6fa4b80256b893e0c60a36fcb3f2.png

I've never found the sword to be game-changing outside of FFA on Overgrowth.

Oh, it's most definitely a power weapon, but not to an absurd degree. I'm just very annoyed by that insane lunge distance... and that it's not treated as a power weapon on Overgrowth by the weapon pads. Same for the shotgun.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ugh, warzone is so fucking bad. Never has halo had a mode that is so easy to have a team just set up shop and ruin any fun you can have. Stupid daily win packs encouraging me to play this shit.

Nowise10

Ugh, warzone is so fucking bad. Never has halo had a mode that is so easy to have a team just set up shop and ruin any fun you can have. Stupid daily win packs encouraging me to play this shit.

Just got done with this match a minute ago. This happens every other time I play on Urban lol. Luckily I hyacked their ghost and hid in the back of the map.

343's level designers are complete wack sometimes. Map is utter crap

Nice tag bruv

I've done so much grinding in Warzone Assault that I may have forgotten how to play seriously lol. I have about 70k points saved up for the next wave of Silvers. Figured there isn't anything else I need from Golds aside from the Mk. V, but that can wait too. Mk. IV is holding me over just fine, at least until the other Mk. V variant drops ;]

You Mean Mk V Beta from Reach? :p

343, pls do a real CE Mk. V though. :'(

Oh, it's most definitely a power weapon, but not to an absurd degree. I'm just very annoyed by that insane lunge distance... and that it's not treated as a power weapon on Overgrowth by the weapon pads. Same for the shotgun.

Busting out some higher tier swords in Warzone is hella fun. I just have to get better with them and get some streaks of kills together. Arena Overgrowth sword/shotgun is a rollercoaster of love/hate the game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Just got done with this match a minute ago. This happens every other time I play on Urban lol. Luckily I hyacked their ghost and hid in the back of the map.

343's level designers are complete wack sometimes. Map is utter crap
I finally win and get whispered truth... God damnit, gotta keep playing I guess.

Honestly, despite the req system, I feel like the mode would benefit from a lure slayer offering. At least you couldnt get pigeon holed into a single base for anal rapage for 10 mins straight.

I don't understand Riptide. How is there any sort of map control on it? Top mid is a death trap with nades. The only wall on it is really awkward and gets in the way. I feel like the only way to win is to run around the map with your entire team which is very hard to communicate and do.

Madness

Nice tag bruv

Mark IV helm with Mark V armor is where it's at though.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Why do the servers suck so much ass? Also wtf at some of the warzone spawns since the last update. I have spawned off the edge of the map several times now.

BraXzy

Why do the servers suck so much ass? Also wtf at some of the warzone spawns since the last update. I have spawned off the edge of the map several times now.

People have mentioned this before, I've even seen videos of it. But thankfully it has never happened to me. I wonder how it's possible there are spawn points placed out of bounds?

Madness

March on Stormbreak? That's the only map that has wonky ass bro spawns especially if other team contesting an armory or something. I've fallen straight off before, or gotten stuck under lock zones like the vehicle Bay in fortress.

BraXzy

Oh god, I finally got around to getting my placement in arena and I'm officially a diamond six.

There is nowhere for me to go but down.

I placed there, it's a terrifying ordeal but you'll make it, we all believe in you. Just don't track your progress or you will jinx yourself.

Such a low sensitivity is crazy, I'm on 6 sensitivity and 3 acceleration.

I'm too twitchy, I don't get how you could be anywhere near to that sens. How do you make minor adjustments as you shoot a moving target D:

BraXzy

I opened 50 gold req packs and got ONE Phaeton. ONE! I just want to finish my Phaeton commendation...

I often forget the Phaeton is a thing that exists in the sandbox. There's a customs game based on them and I couldn't remember how to drive it. I think I've seen one player manned Phaeton in Warzone total, maybe two. It's a shame because it is pretty cool.

You Mean Mk V Beta from Reach? :p

343, pls do a real CE Mk. V though. :'(
It may never happen, although watch the B variant be more like the original lol
I finally win and get whispered truth... God damnit, gotta keep playing I guess.

Honestly, despite the req system, I feel like the mode would benefit from a lure slayer offering. At least you couldnt get pigeon holed into a single base for anal rapage for 10 mins straight.
Warzone could definitely use more gametypes.
Mark IV helm with Mark V armor is where it's at though.
So I said screw it and started buying more Gold packs with my 80k+ REQ points, let's see what I get!
I opened 50 gold req packs and got ONE Phaeton. ONE! I just want to finish my Phaeton commendation...
I'm a 121 and have never received a Phaeton card. Not once.

You need to start using your ultra rare random vehicle reqs, you usually get a decent mantis or a phaeton.

Problem is when the other team sees a phaeton they really go after you, so you'll do well to go on a spree.

I'm having issues with the promethian sniper thing, I'm at the start of level 4 which is 25 kills... but they rarely come up in my req packs, plus it's kind of hard to use as you need to keep in on the player, head shots don't work.

March on Stormbreak? That's the only map that has wonky ass bro spawns especially if other team contesting an armory or something. I've fallen straight off before, or gotten stuck under lock zones like the vehicle Bay in fortress.

Yeah that map and escape from arc I have spawned off the map between east and west armory.

Nutter

Yeah BTB fell victim budget cuts... same with all the game modes, split screen and LAN support

It's such a shame MS couldn't afford it... :(

Despite the notion that MS has lots of money to burn, there is something called a budget that a studio must work within. So all you Mofo's can continue to ride the train of disappointment because your BTB will likely not get the attention you want.

Making a game that is enjoyable is much more important than adding in features that will ultimately not sustain the population because the game fucking sucks. I mean if you wanted another Halo 4, then sure keep saying 343 made bad calls. But I can atleast appreciate that they fucking nailed the gameplay. Now the features and other content can always be added later.

Top Bottom