• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I think it took me 8 hours on my solo legendary run, though that was my first playthrough and I was stopping to smell the roses. If you already played it and know what you're doing it should take around 5 hours. I spent an 45 minutes on the 3 warden fight, as I didn't know about the skip.

Also, assuming you have already played the campaign and don't mind skipping stuff, there are some very easy steps to speed up some of the stages, probably most notably the 3-Warden fight near the end that you mentioned and some tactics to make the other Warden fights quite easy/quick.

Fuchsdh

thanks,
the lack of reqs or unlockables makes me unmotivated to beat the campaign. also dont want to fight the fucking wardens again,

The only really painful one is the first one. Second one you can kill with the tank, third you can take a vehicle if you want or just use The Answer that's parked nearby, and then you can skip the final warden fight entirely.

There are unlockables in the form on intel in each mission that has an achievement.

Let it be known that I'm okay with the sandbox in its current form, and I agree that trying to make any serious changes would probably do more harm than good. But having said that I do feel like a precision weapon should be superior simply by the higher difficulty to use factor. Making every single weapon equally potent just for the sake of being equal really irks me.

You forgot spontaneous decapitation.

What on earth do you think "resteless head syndrome" is?

Page 400! Where's OT4?

8H first playthrough? Damn.

You shall use Doom in Space just to fuck up with those haters

They'll never see it because they always stay in gaming. plus we don't want them really infecting our precious thread smell with taint.

Mine is enough. Just enough to make toes curl ;)

The only really painful one is the first one. Second one you can kill with the tank, third you can take a vehicle if you want or just use The Answer that's parked nearby, and then you can skip the final warden fight entirely.

There are unlockables in the form on intel in each mission that has an achievement.

You can reliably finish the first one in like 30 seconds as well. Incineration + scattershot while standing above works wonders.

Fuchsdh

You can reliably finish the first one in like 30 seconds as well. Incineration + scattershot while standing above works wonders.

When I played through it the time when he seems invincible during his animation was what was killing me. The soldiers can cut you to ribbons. Definitely getting above helped, although I was still occasionally getting sniped and my allies were all dead below me.

well I think Swordbase is a great Map

*gasps*

Oh no I think I have it!!!! D:
You are not alone friend. Take out armor lock and jet packs and the map is legitimately a decent map: unique level theme in that you're inside what feels like a mall; multiple levels; different ways to get to the higher levels; cross-map face-offs a la boarding action from combat evolved; you don't feel vulnerable or exposed in many areas. People need to get over that one room at the top of sword lift. Its not that hard to flush people out or use grenade spam properly.

Ryde3

You are not alone friend. Take out armor lock and jet packs and the map is legitimately a decent map: unique level theme in that you're inside what feels like a mall; multiple levels; different ways to get to the higher levels; cross-map face-offs a la boarding action from combat evolved; you don't feel vulnerable or exposed in many areas. People need to get over that one room at the top of sword lift. Its not that hard to flush people out or use grenade spam properly.

Swordbase and Haven were the only maps in H4 I liked.

Ocho

I think it took me 8 hours on my solo legendary run, though that was my first playthrough and I was stopping to smell the roses. If you already played it and know what you're doing it should take around 5 hours. I spent an 45 minutes on the 3 warden fight, as I didn't know about the skip.

As a side note, I thiiiink there were no checkpoints between Warden kills initially. I say I think because my first run was legendary months later and I had checkpoints, some peeps in Discord were surprised.

As a side note, I thiiiink there were no checkpoints between Warden kills initially. I say I think because my first run was legendary months later and I had checkpoints, some peeps in Discord were surprised.

Nah, I think there were checkpoints. At least on coop.

Top Bottom