• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Ahhahahaha... haha... hah...

Adamas, A Town Where You live, Baroque, Billy Bat, Cage of Eden, Celestial Clothes, Close to you, Countrouble, Detonation Island, Diventerai una star, Historie, Moyasimon, Noragami, Pika Ichi, Saint Young Men, Say I love you, The Devil's Lost Soul, Tokyo Alice, Xblade Cross.

All these Kodansha series are now dropped in Italy. I followed all of them except Billy Bat. I'm not sure if it's just the fault of the Italian publisher, the fault of Kodansha, the fault of both, but just to be sure, fuck both of them, fucking assholes.

There's a Demon Lord on the Floor 08

I'm pretty sure I'm only really reading this still because I have no shame and when the mushroom girl gets giant tits it's kinda hot. So in that regard, chapter success!

But seriously, it's still kinda funny with cute drawings but the dude is ramping up the nipples pushing from under shirts quite a bit lately.

Husk of Eden 23

Alright, sweet, an update. I hadn't gotten my dose of soul-crushing depression in a while.

Blue Giant 1+2

Oh I am all over this manga. Great drawings about a kid who wants to be a jazz saxophone player and self teaches him...self because he can't read music. Goddam I love it when Japan does something about jazz or the blues because they almost always treat it with this wonderful reverence. Dude also has fucking good taste, Clifford Brown and Hank Mobley yo.

Art style is very reminiscent of Urasawa. Apparently this guy had another manga about jazz called "Straight no Chaser" which means I'll have to grab that too.

Kiriwo Terrible 26

Heard that this is the last volume which kinda blows because this was pretty good. Not sure about the new villains it introduced last time but whatever, they'll do. More importantly Kuruuuumiiiiiiii and the constant upticking of how much money he was losing was pretty great.

Demi-chan wa Katarai 8

Oh my god that 4-koma with her sister was so fucking cute and telling of their relationship.

Tate no Yuusha 21

Raphtalia-san really is an adult~

This dude is literally made out of rape.

Zweizer

Banned

All these Kodansha series are now dropped in Italy. I followed all of them except Billy Bat. I'm not sure if it's just the fault of the Italian publisher, the fault of Kodansha, the fault of both, but just to be sure, fuck both of them, fucking assholes.

What happened? That's one hell of a lot of series to suddenly stop publishing like that.

World Trigger 131
CbReHKSWIAAJMCO.png:large

Reiji assault mode pretty epic. I hope we are actually in the end stages so we can return back to Rank Wars. I need to see several teams advance.

Yoneyan and Miwa for best fight this arc.

Lain

What happened? That's one hell of a lot of series to suddenly stop publishing like that.

Some bullshit about not being able to work it out between the publisher and Kodansha.
Detonation Island was 2 volumes from the end!!
Fuckers.

Wow even Noragami?

Yeah. I started buying the American volumes some months ago to keep reading it since you guys were ahead at that point. Too bad I can't do the same for Historie or Moyasimon.
I'll have to hope someone rescues some of those series.
I'm sure fucking Urasawa is gonna get rescued quick, while Takahashi gets left to bleed.

Peco

The only good titles out of those are Historie, Moyasimon and Saint Young Men so they're probably doing you a favor.

Joking aside, isn't GP Manga pretty bad in general?

EDIT: Also, from their site:
Nel catalogo di oltre 2500 fumetti giapponesi del gruppo spiccano best seller come Pokemon, I am a hero, Billy Bat, Medaka Box, Rosario+Vampire, Mobile Suit Gundam.
Lol.

Food Wars! 154

Taku and Soma are so good off of each other, the Taku part about Remmy and Soma smiling afterwards when has Soma looked happier than that at anything? Incredible.

Renny also reminds me of a Cardfight!! Vanguard antagonists, his overly dramatic manners and his design. I cant unsee the main Cardfight!! Vanguard G antagonist being somehow related to him.

Kurokiba Ryou will probably crush him.

LeleSocho

Banned

J-Pop obviously reverses all the fault on Kodansha but who knows what really happened...
At least the already finished series though, they could've done something about that.... bad situation all around.

T
Yes

Lain

The only good titles out of those are Historie, Moyasimon and Saint Young Men so they're probably doing you a favor.

You're not getting off scot-free after dissing Detonation Island.

GP is more bad than good in my experience, though stuff like Moyasimon, Historie, Detonation Island, Say I Love You were done pretty well or at least more competently compared to other stuff.
But they're about to disappear completely into J-POP anyways now.

Peco

You're not getting off scot-free after dissing Detonation Island.

GP is more bad than good in my experience, though stuff like Moyasimon, Historie, Detonation Island, Say I Love You were done pretty well or at least more competently compared to other stuff.
But they're about to disappear completely into J-POP anyways now.
I don't remember all these publishers when I was a manga buying kid years and years ago. It was either Star Comics or Panini (or Granata but I'm not that old). Now it's all different. :lol

LeleSocho

Banned
I don't remember all these publishers when I was a manga buying kid years and years ago. It was either Star Comics or Panini (or Granata but I'm not that old). Now it's all different. :lol

Yeah at the times it was either good (Star) or bad (Panini)... good ol' times eheheheh.

Peco

Yeah at the times it was either good (Star) or bad (Panini)... good ol' times eheheheh.

Miura, Inoue, Samura, Nihei and Urasawa were all published by Panini iirc, so they were good in my book. Also at that time money wasn't a problem and the actual quality of the books didn't bother me that much.
Star Comics were just as good though and I bet they still reign supreme as they are the ones publishing Prison School if I'm not mistaken. :lol

Lain

Wow that's a shame. Seems like a mess of a situation.

Yeah. My hope is that Urasawa's Billy Bat won't be the only one to get rescued (because Italy loves Urasawa, so I have little doubts to see Billy Bat picked back up by someone else).

Yeah, now it's Star, Panini, Flashbook, Goen, Jpop, Magicpress, 001, Renoir, Renbooks and others I'm forgetting.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm still wondering What is actually "father". He actually doesn't seem to fit as human nor god, so i don't get how they'll explain his abilities, specially after this chapter.

There's a lot to cover still, however there's a colorspread coming next week and that's good evidence for a finale, tbh. I'd love 2 or 3 more chapters to wrap it all up correctly.

Talking about it, the art on that last chapter was amazing. The final panel moved me a lot.

It's also having a front cover, but rarely if ever a final chapters gets a cover.

Plus important announcement for the next issue to, so the next chapter is the ending of this whole arc, important announcement will be a date for the final chapter.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...-gets-important-announcement-next-week/.98697

All at the same time? Woah.

It seems they over-published a bit? The market wasn't strong enough to support all these series.

Famassu

Uzumaki Chapters 10-11

Okay, so now things definitely took a turn to the better. Less lulz ridiculous, more creepy & even a little bit scary or not quite scary but thrilling/suspenseful. Dem pregnant mosquito women got a bit of a shiver out of me. :S

Nanatsu no Taizai 161

those stone hands rising up over them reminded me of Berserk and the God Hands lol

anyway that "girl" from the ten commandments was actually a dude huh... not only just a dude but the First Fairy King himself.... while the Giant Demon is the Giant King

interesting turn of events... I wonder if Escanor was still out there when the vines attacked

Kimetsu no Yaiba 1

I dont really like this one, kind of a slow start and theres nothing much different about it. I guess doing the demo sister for a chapter 1 instead of pushing it out to way later in the series is an interesting storytelling decision, but will she have to stay with him permenently now? I wonder what role she will have.
Yeah, I thought this was absolutely awful. Really disappointed this is what Jump wants to churn out. Hope they are holding back Zippo!! until after AssClass ends.

Nanatsu no Taizai 162

Oh there was another chapter... swell

Why stab Escanor (in his weak form) when you are going to just revive him... I guess to prove you wishing capabilities but still lol when it is dawn it is over

Also like the pairs that were chosen... everyone is going to compete with everyone else and by seeing the so called current pairs you can kinda predict some future plot events

Tokyo Ghoul re: 64

Arima v. that beastly SS rank Shachi? Let's goooo

Nanatsu no Taizai 161-162

Well, nearly the entire gang is going to participate in this tournament.

Articalys

French program toco toco, which does interviews with Japanese creators and entertainers (artists, musicians, directors, mangaka, etc; you might have seen their interview with game developer Swery65 on Gaming side a while back), just did an episode with Space Brothers mangaka Chuya Koyama, where he shows off a maker cafe in Shibuya then talks a bit about the history of how he made the manga in his studio. Definitely worth a watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlUM70iuGyI

I should really give up hope of the anime ever coming back and just start reading the manga; pretty sure the entire thing is in the Crunchyroll manga archives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom