• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

*Splinter

No, Launch
I'm currently working on an assignment, so I'm going to be reactive for an hour or two while I finish it. In case, you know, people call me out for being defensive - because yes, that's exactly how I'm acting right now.
This is a pre-emptive defence in case anyone finds your following posts suspicious. How can you expect me to believe you are town if this is where your priorities lie?

Although I was mostly voting for dramatic effect. Flux ruined it by explaining his vote.

VOTE: Kyanrute

I know kyan gave reads since I last voted, and they were fine, but I still want to hear from Retroid.

FluxWaveZ

Hold up. Are you backing off from your claim already? Or is it still a claim and this is just your justification for making it?

No? This was always my justification for the role claim.

You literally said you had a second reason you were claiming beyond reactions/discussion.

Oh! Is that what people are referring to?

Yeah... let's just say that was to make it appear less random and nonsensical... a bit.

No, Launch

This is a pre-emptive defence in case anyone finds your following posts suspicious. How can you expect me to believe you are town if this is where your priorities lie?

Although I was mostly voting for dramatic effect. Flux ruined it by explaining his vote.

I was talking about these subsequent posts. Obviously, I've not been abiding to this... but I really am working on an assignment. :/ I'm almost done though.

Oh! Is that what people are referring to?

Yeah... let's just say that was to make it appear less random and nonsensical... a bit.

Do you even know what you're doing anymore?

Burbeting

Banned
rest & karu (0)
fluxwavez 257 (432)

launchpadmcq & gorlak (1)
cabot 264 (372)
fluxwavez 788
*splinter 792 (802)

*splinter & cabot (1)
kingkitty 267 (386)
gorlak 401

timeaisis & fluxwavez (2)
coppanuva 279 (484)
*splinter 295 (297)
*splinter 301 (387)
camjo-z 319
*splinter 444 (451)
launchpadmcq 796

blargonaut & kawl_usc (2)
flame_ac 353 (559)
boo boo'n 521 (680)
karkador 733
zippedpinhead 789

kingkitty & hyperactivity (1)
hyperactivity 373 (542)
czartim 669

el topo & miracle (1)
cabot 388

coppanuva & flame_ac (3)
batsnacks 393
fluxwavez 537 (616)
hyperactivity 542
*splinter 451 (751)
ty4on 689

karkador & zippedpinhead (0)
fluxwavez 432 (537)
fluxwavez 616 (788)

never forever & czartim (1)
coppanuva 487 (551)
karu 749

ultrajay & boo boo'n (3)
never forever 515
kyanrute 755
kingkitty 532
coppanuva 551 (727)

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (1)
flame_ac 559

tl21xx &camjo-z (1)
coppanuva 727

kyanrute & retroid (1)
*splinter 751 (792)
*splinter 802

16 Votes Needed for Majority

Do I ever?

I do know that you and Gorlak are sketchy, though.

I'm not too familiar with your playstyle, so I have no idea.

I'll agree with that. Circumstances have put us in an unfavorable position so far, but we are town.

Yes, defending them before anyone had attacked them, or even had a chance to read them for that matter. That's what I meant by "pre-emptive"

Yes, because people have been calling me out for this behavior. It's not that strange. Would you have preferred I said nothing?

*Splinter

I'm not too familiar with your playstyle, so I have no idea.

I'll agree with that. Circumstances have put us in an unfavorable position so far, but we are town.

Yes, because people have been calling me out for this behavior. It's not that strange. Would you have preferred I said nothing?
I would have preferred you to say literally anything.

blargonaut & kawl_usc (0)
flame_ac 353 (559)
boo boo'n 521 (680)
karkador 733
zippedpinhead 789

blargonaut & kawl_usc (0)

karkador 733
zippedpinhead 789

e08WxfN.gif

kingkitty

Alright it's lunch(ish) time. How y'all doing? Got some snow today, not too bad.

I've been smelling some meta here and there, talking about "well he never posted like this in so-and-so game". That's not to say I don't dabble in such discussion myself, but I feel like it sometimes scrapes the bottom of the barrel. It's best we don't get too obsessed with it. Maybe because it's day 1, so everyone is going to find some type of reasoning to lean onto.

launchpad is a lil defensive, but that doesn't spring out yet to me as OMEGA SCUM. Gives slight vibes. Cabsplinterot dominates discussion, would be troubling if they were scum, but then again they always dominate discussion (meta). Can't really shit on them just based on that alone. Camjo-z has a good eye, pays close attention, and contributes well to the game.

Still some people who aren't posting much at all, with ultrajay having to get a prod. Despite this inactivity, I think having a final lynch vote on someone b/c they're inactive might be too easy a route to take. Instead of making any hard choices, you go for the most town-friendly (and easiest for scum to hide behind) decision. That's not to say scum can't be super inactive, just like town. But regardless, it's still the path of least resistance. Now you might say "kingkitty u got a vote on an inactive", but mine is based more on boo than ultra. I will admit that his inactiveness at the moment does my vote a little easier to hold onto.

You guys are missing some gripping conversation in the mod chat

NX was not mentally scarring for me but I can't look at any Microsoft stuff anymore. Talking with Ouro makes me physically ill.

More exciting than Phoenix Wright......

:(

That probably has nothing to do with Microsoft though!

Excuse me, this is a thread for an ongoing forum game

Kindly sign up in the main thread to play in the next Season

So uh....can you give me a quote or something, what specifically do you agree with?

I feel like this is taking advantage of the lover mechanic.

That's precisely what this is. I agree with his assessment (in todo) and feel it's an accurate depiction of where I feel my vote should be.i have weighed in on the fact that we only have two real options, and I don't trust the Miller tracker claim more.

You mean to tell me that you and your partner would actually vote for different people or not discuss your votes... Awkward...
joking about that last part,

cabot

That's precisely what this is. I agree with his assessment (in todo) and feel it's an accurate depiction of where I feel my vote should be.i have weighed in on the fact that we only have two real options, and I don't trust the Miller tracker claim more.

You mean to tell me that you and your partner would actually vote for different people or not discuss your votes... Awkward...
joking about that last part,

Please, we don't talk. There's too much sex going on.

Gorlak

Banned
This thread is going places...

How about we care for the game again? Yeah, there are a lot of people not doing anything, therefore I adress everyone: it's a good time to put down a vote! Currently we only have 18 active votes... get this game going.

I want to hear more from El Miracle specifically. Both are inactive and have no active vote.

Vote: El Topo

Please be active and put your vote down.

Coppanuva

There's no change in stance Coppa. I don't like Day 1 claims because they don't do town any good. It's better to lay low and wait until at least Day 2. My reason for not voting is the same reason I don't like it; it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. I am considering a policy lynch on Flux, but there isn't a lot of support at the moment, and I don't want to waste my vote. That's why I am taking a "wait and see" approach.

Fair enough. I misinterpreted your views a bit and it seemed like you went from staunchly against Day 1 claims to a more "Well I guess we can see..." which is an easy out. Fair enough, I'll move my vote along now.

MagnumBoy20xx:

You mentioned this:
As for how I feel about them I'm more inclined to believe the Miller claim then the cop claim, mainly because it makes more sense for that to be claimed on day 1. The traker part of it does make it harder to believe though.

What about the tracker part makes it harder for you to believe the miller claim? You've posted pretty minimally so far, so I'd like to hear a bit more explanation from you personally on it. You won't get my vote quite yet since my partner's is on you and I have other people to pressure, but I'd still like an answer.

VOTE: ZippedPinHead

You went along with your partner's vote which is fine, but I would like to hear some more personal input on it. This is a game about partners and it seems odd that you would switch from initially believing the claim to now doubting it without providing any reasoning YOURSELF.

This is a game about partners and reading the two players. I'm not about to let a pair get off by simply going "I agree with them entirely." and not contribute more. It's too detrimental to town since it effectively halves the amount of reads we can develop on a given pair.

So please Zipped, in your own words, why do you feel that Blawl is the best choice here over any of the other 14 pairs?

Gorlak

Banned
he's had my vote for about a day, it's working really well. He'll pop in any moment now.

It's the best choice to go after right now... El Topo showed ambition to keep up, Miracle promised sth. today. The other inactive pairs get prodded (Ultra) or said sth. about not keeping up (Rest). Kyanrute had his listpost and an active vote. Timeaisis and Kawl have no active vote and vanished. I want ALL of them to vote now, last minutes shifts and surprising lynchswings rarely help town. You surely agree it is far more helpful if people decide now on their votes and can be held accountable for any switches.

Top Bottom