• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

Dave1988

Aokage said:
So wait now: Is there confirmation the retailer pre-order skins can be unlocked through regular gameplay? Pre-ordering just gets you early access to them?

What about the 7-11 skin -- is that legitimately exclusive?

No. That's just nskinner's wishful thinking.

gbovo

templeusox said:
godofwar3car.jpg
Yeah, saw that at Gamestop 2 days ago. Don't think I've seen Sony put up in-store signage several months before a game comes out.
4318695106_d27ae02839_o.jpg

Had a look around a few places but I'm seriously disappointed in the lack of mercandise/collectables for the franchise. There's some crappy quality action figures I own already and not much else. I want some high quality stuff.

Hopefully the release of this game may change things. Or does anyone know of any other stuff you can buy I've maybe missed?

Baki

Sony is putting a massive push behind GoW 3 because it is one of their biggest games in North America. It is Gears of War big in NA. (unfortunately not that big elsewhere, except the UK)

gbovo

Baki said:
Sony is putting a massive push behind GoW 3 because it is one of their biggest games in North America. It is Gears of War big in NA. (unfortunately not that big elsewhere, except the UK)
Wish they did the same with Uncharted 2.

Baki

gbovo said:
Wish they did the same with Uncharted 2.

They gave Uncharted 2 a decent push. Loads of commercials bu no tie ins. But it is hard to get tie ins because places are reluctant to do it with IP's which are not massive. So these tie ins have a good chance of happening with Uncharted 3 now that Uncharted 2 has passed 1M in North America.

gbovo

Baki said:
They gave Uncharted 2 a decent push. Loads of commercials bu no tie ins. But it is hard to get tie ins because places are reluctant to do it with IP's which are not massive. So these tie ins have a good chance of happening with Uncharted 3 now that Uncharted 2 has passed 1M in North America.
Let's hope that comes to pass.

Also, I have a feeling that Sony wants EA to have some breathing room with Dante's Inferno's marketing. That's why they haven't shown too much of GoWIII to the media ( in addition to wanting the game to be shown at as complete a stage as possible). I find it a bit telling that the next trailer for GoWIII is being released on Feb 11, 2 days after Dante's Inferno has been released.

Baki

gbovo said:
Let's hope that comes to pass.

Also, I have a feeling that Sony wants EA to have some breathing room with Dante's Inferno's marketing. That's why they haven't shown too much of GoWIII to the media ( in addition to wanting the game to be shown at as complete a stage as possible). I find it a bit telling that the next trailer for GoWIII is being released on Feb 11, 2 days after Dante's Inferno has been released.

That actually might make sense. EA is a critical partner Sony (and apparently closer to them than Activision).

KingDizzi

Banned
GOW III should easily be the best selling PS3 exclusive released in NA thus far because I said so. Game will be very easy to market unlike Heavy Rain and Sony should push GOW III so it can move some systems. Historically NA is the region GOW games sell the most so Sony really need to give it the full monty in that region and obviously Europe as well.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it's so bizarre seeing all this near-launch advertising being posted because we've seen so little of the game. it's such an awesome, rare thing for a big-budget console exclusive.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Rez said:
it's so bizarre seeing all this near-launch advertising being posted because we've seen so little of the game. it's such an awesome, rare thing for a big-budget console exclusive.
agreed,i saw so much of uncharted 1 that my first plythrough was like replay:lol

SaitoH

These skins -at least some of them- are original designs for Kratos.

Premium Dominus - Included with the Ultimate Trilogy Edition. (*)
270231_contentLG1.jpg

This was almost a final design for Kratos, but the armour was too detailed and didn't read well on screen.

These next two are orignal Kratos pre-production designs from GoW:

Forgotten Warrior - Game Crazy. (*)
forgotten_warrior_skin_gamecrazy.jpg

Phantom of Chaos - Gamestop. (*)
GOW3_Skins_bonusLG.jpg

Rez said:

almost all of sony exclusives have suffered from showing alot of footage early. I can only think of MGS4 where there was a such tight grip on the amount of footage shown and that ofcourse was a konami game.

The less Gow 3 sony shows the better for them

Elan tedronai said:
almost all of sony exclusives have suffered from showing alot of footage early. I can only think of MGS4 where there was a such tight grip on the amount of footage shown and that ofcourse was a konami game.

Theres still plenty of time for them to show us the entire game, dont worry.

StuBurns

Banned
Elan tedronai said:

Uncharted 2 was the worst, I felt like I'd seen the whole thing before I ever played it. Although we did see a fair amount of MGS4 before release, we'd seen a section of all the 'acts' in the game.

jett

D-Member
Elan tedronai said:

Eh? Kojima spoiled A LOT of MGS4. Nearly everything.

-viper-

Banned
jett said:
Eh? Kojima spoiled A LOT of MGS4. Nearly everything.
I only remember seeing Act 1 to be honest.

Uncharted 2 was pretty good at keeping footage under wraps. Killzone 2 showed EVERYTHING though.

GeoramA

Rez said:
It's the same route that R*/Take Two uses for GTA.

Really wish more high-budget titles did this, just to keep them fresh at launch time.

jett

D-Member
Elan tedronai said:
well i only saw footage from the first act. i can still remember me going wow at act 4. the memories and nostalgia came crashing down

Yeah well he spoiled that shit in a trailer. :p

Jb

De-mon said:

Behind the scenes included in the standard edition? Sweet :D
Also I wonder if an off camera sex mini-game like in the previous GoW is "Strong sexual content" for the ESRB.

looks like there's going to be 2 documentaries. one is standard God of War the making of bonus like the interview with the lead combat designer, the other is the one hosted by Peter Weller included in the ultimate edition.

also, looks like the challenge will be called challenge of olympus this time, and it's different with combat arena.

Jay-B said:
Also I wonder if an off camera sex mini-game like in the previous GoW is "Strong sexual content" for the ESRB.

haven't you seen the concept art where Kratos is surrounded by hundreds of amazon women:D

Jay-B said:

Every God of War game has had documentaries on the game disc. Nothing new.

Callibretto said:
looks like there's going to be 2 documentaries. one is standard God of War the making of bonus like the interview with the lead combat designer, the other is the one hosted by Peter Weller included in the ultimate edition.

also, looks like the challenge will be called challenge of olympus this time, and it's different with combat arena.

haven't you seen the concept art where Kratos is surrounded by hundreds of amazon women:D

I'm guessing there is a possible sexual encounter with
Hecuba Manaros, who was featured in the last Playboy: Girls of Gaming

MrPliskin

Banned
Found this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxF2xFBjv60

New costumes for pre-order are old concepts for Kratos. Looks like most of them initially had dreads (why?) but they were removed for these new(er) concepts. Everything outside of the hair though, is identical, even the pose.

Forgotten warrior can be seen at 1:56 and again at 2:30. Phantom of Chaos can be seen at 3:05. Blue Kratos can be seen at 3:29, which seems to be an inspiration for Morpheus Kratos.

VegaShinra

If that back of the box is true then the game will have a 5MB installation. Looking at other upcoming PS3 titles from Sony on GS website has MLB 10: The Show having a 5GB installation. I wonder if that is just a generic back they use as a placeholder.

gbovo

VegaShinra said:
If that back of the box is true then the game will have a 5GB installation. Looking at other upcoming PS3 titles from Sony on GS website has MLB 10: The Show having a 5GB installation. I wonder if that is just a generic back they use as a placeholder.
Where does it say 5GB on the box?

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Katana_Strikes said:
Had a look around a few places but I'm seriously disappointed in the lack of mercandise/collectables for the franchise. There's some crappy quality action figures I own already and not much else. I want some high quality stuff.

Hopefully the release of this game may change things. Or does anyone know of any other stuff you can buy I've maybe missed?

Wasn't there an incredible museum-grade, historically-accurate Blade of Chaos® (singular) replica, crafted with the finest artisanal weaponsmithing techniques this side of Toledo, Spain?

Edit: Yeah. http://www.unitedcutlery.com/ProductDetail.aspx?itemno=UC2665&cat=LC

I'm begging ps3 owners (especially you sony fanboys) everywhere to stop touting system exclusives and actually buy the fucking game. There is no reason why this game shouldn't sell over 2mil in the first week. Shit...i'm hoping for over a million on day one.

Mr. Sam

IAMBEEFLESS said:
I'm begging ps3 owners (especially you sony fanboys) everywhere to stop touting system exclusives and actually buy the fucking game.

Um, yeah. Thanks for that. Just like to point out that I'm way ahead of ya.

MrPliskin said:
New costumes for pre-order are old concepts for Kratos. Looks like most of them initially had dreads (why?)
Because all Spartans had dreadlocks. It was a cultural thing.

IAMBEEFLESS said:
I'm begging ps3 owners (especially you sony fanboys) everywhere to stop touting system exclusives and actually buy the fucking game. There is no reason why this game shouldn't sell over 2mil in the first week. Shit...i'm hoping for over a million on day one.
Your preaching to the converted. This is a gaming forum for dedicated enthusiasts. Of course the majority of the people here will buy the game.

Eliciel

De-mon said:

1080i only? what happened to 1080p? no upscale only 1080i? that means in fact 720p beucause 720p>1080i ...that's my opinion at least.

i hoped for 1080p...come on this has to be a fake

Top Bottom