• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

Cruzader

Banned
Septimus said:
So the animated theme is gonna be the screen before you press start when it's close-up of his face looking around? =0

OH MY FUCKING GOD YES!!!

WOW. This type of marketing is unheard of to me. Maybe past PS1/PS2 titles got something like this but man, I cant believe Sony wont just let this game at retail like the rest of their bigger games. Im excited and happy at the same time!!:D

I will collect all those cups plus get free DLC! Cant believe we will get Kratos Iconic face thing as a Dynamic Theme for free!!!(well by buying a slurpee which i dont mind!) :D

Cruzader said:
OH MY FUCKING GOD YES!!!

WOW. This type of marketing is unheard of to me. Maybe past PS1/PS2 titles got something like this but man, I cant believe Sony wont just let this game at retail like the rest of their bigger games. Im excited and happy at the same time!!:D

I will collect all those cups plus get free DLC! Cant believe we will get Kratos Iconic face thing as a Dynamic Theme for free!!!(well by buying a slurpee which i dont mind!) :D

The real question is how am i going to justify buying five slurpees at a time. How much do they cost?

gbovo

jett said:
I really, really, really hate this new fad of breaking up free DLC among different crap.
All of that shit will be available on PSN a couple months after the game releases, you know.
Meanwhile, I shall be slurping my Slurpee™ with furious RAGE™ in a weeks time.

Persona7

Banned
jett said:
I really, really, really hate this new fad of breaking up free DLC among different crap.
I would rather just pay 10$ and get it over with than preorder the game at 3 different stores,buy 3 specially marked bottles of soda, 3 more slurpees and then registering on the official website. I wish every company would stop doing shit like this and just release it all at once or allow me to buy it.

Fucking tedium.

nskinnear said:
vr6kw9.jpg

http://adage.com/article?article_id=141809

I hope someone on Ebay will sell this as it is the only way for me to get my hands on these

I just woke up from a dream where I was at EB in line for the midnight launch. The clock strikes midnight and the doors fling open and I run inside to grab my copy of GOW 3 but I couldn't find one. I ask the guy working where they are and he tells me it's been delayed till 2015. I punched him in the face, knocked over a magazine rack, and flew over to McDonalds for a Sausage and Egg McMuffin.

Then I woke up before I could even eat the McMuffin.

Worst nightmare ever!

I now have a strange feeling it's going to get delayed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
criesofthepast said:
I just woke up from a dream where I was at EB in line for the midnight launch. The clock strikes midnight and the doors fling open and I run inside to grab my copy of GOW 3 but I couldn't find one. I ask the guy working where they are and he tells me it's been delayed till 2015. I punched him in the face, knocked over a magazine rack, and flew over to McDonalds for a Sausage and Egg McMuffin.

Then I woke up before I could even eat the McMuffin.

Worst nightmare ever!

I now have a strange feeling it's going to get delayed.

This bit got me. :lol

I don't think I've ever had any game-related dreams that didn't involve CS.

Baki

KratosKilla said:
Do you thin this has a chance to be Halo big? They acted like they were going to be putting it on mountain dew.

It has the chance to be Gears of War big in USA (GoW did 2.5M in USA while Gears of War did about something similar).

The only thing stopping GoW from being a 5M+ seller is that it does not sell as well in PAL and Japan.

I really hope for sony, that they're bringin' something equal to european territories. Maybe any info on this?

Damn I want this shit right now :D

Baki

chubigans said:
I am just as shocked. Finally Sony is getting their act together marketing-wise.

I love slurpees so HELL YAH!

I know. Sony has really upped the marketing since the slim. :D

I don't get this GTTV exclusive for trailers. I do not know anyone who stays up to watch GTTV on Spike TV, everyone just waits till the post it on the site the next day.

Is the Super Bowl ad still happening or will Dante's Inferno be the only game with a trailer at the Super Bowl?

That 7 Eleven article refers to the God of War Collection as a holiday bundle. Makes me think that it wont be available after some time. Also makes sense that it got a $10 price cut. To be safe, i would pick it up if you haven't already.

Chip N Chance said:
That 7 Eleven article refers to the God of War Collection as a holiday bundle. Makes me think that it wont be available after some time. Also makes sense that it got a $10 price cut. To be safe, i would pick it up if you haven't already.
I picked it up Tuesday night. I've had about 3 hours each night to play it and I just started GoW II last night. I think I forgot how awesome these games were! :D

BeeDog

That blue costume is pretty damn bad-ass, in my humble opinion. Though he looks a bit small in it, guess it's hard to breathe in it.

vazel

Banned
"Animated theme of Kratos' face". So a dynamic theme. Probably the fire in his eyes move. I'd rather have dynamic themes have simple animations like that like in the Heavy Rain one and not obvious repetitive animations that loop every 10 seconds.

MDSLKTR

vazel said:
"Animated theme of Kratos' face". So a dynamic theme. Probably the fire in his eyes move. I'd rather have dynamic themes have simple animations like that like in the Heavy Rain one and not obvious repetitive animations that loop every 10 seconds.

I dunno... His face looks 3d.

iceatcs

Lol Unreal Engine 3 Kratos' face theme.

Shame that it didn't use the same engine from GOW3, of course it will lags XMB.

vazel

Banned
MDSLKTR said:
I dunno... His face looks 3d.
I wonder wether that would fit within the size constraints of dynamic themes(which seems to be around 5MB?). Looks too high quality to be real time.

spats

Reserve your judgements until you see it in motion. And as far as the size constraint, go check out the wipeout or buzz themes. Way more info in them than this.

vazel

Banned
spats said:
Reserve your judgements until you see it in motion. And as far as the size constraint, go check out the wipeout or buzz themes. Way more info in them than this.
Who's judging? Why get defensive? What does it matter if his face is a 3D model or image?

I was not impressed by the wipeout dynamic theme btw it suffers from the quick repetitive looping I was talking about. It was 4.4MB according to a google search.

I don't understand why there aren't more abstract, pseudo-2D dynamic themes like the default wave pattern. So much nicer looking than the not-so-impressive 3D we get with the custom dynamic themes (only one I've liked has been Heavy Rain, though the Ratchet & Clank one was tasteful and attractive too).

Top Bottom