• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

MyEpitomeCliché said:
I was kind of hoping they would continue the trend of the previous box-arts with a back shot of Kratos looking off into an epic vista (or a Titan). Oh well. Can't forget that all first-party Sony titles have reversable covers, so maybe we'll at least get something like that for the flipside. This reminds me that I need to switch over my pre-order to the Ultimate Edition. Will do today.

Really? Why haven't I noticed this before?

Baki

Arsenic said:
To me it's just a sign of a major developer/publisher, who already has an established franchised, trying to look "cool" to a different audience.

It just a boxart yes, but to me most of the time its a clue to what else will be catered to the casuals. (ie: MGS4)

:)

Because it is a part of the purchase.

Deepack said:
I like the box-art, so no complaining here.

Garth.jpg

Arsenic

deepbrown said:
It's intense though...and since his eye is so freaking big...you're not going to miss it. Seriously...his eye is going to follow you around stores. Would be better if they did two boxarts - one with the left, one with the right...and then the stores would align them left, right, left, right. That would be bloody creepy...you'd feel obliged to buy it lol
Lol what a scary idea.

But still, GoW is a game that cares about scale, beautiful enviroments. Would it have hurt to show off more of their art in the front cover? Instead of one big googley creepy eye.

Moving on though, let's see what their advertising campaign (posters, etc) would look like.

It's official, with WKC, Heavy Rain and now God of War so close to each other, FFXIII is getting shafted till after I am satisfied with these 3 games.

Baki

Kos Luftar said:
It's official, with WKC, Heavy Rain and now God of War so close to each other, FFXIII is getting shafted till after I am satisfied with these 3 games.
You'd choose WKC over FF XIII?

Baki

badcrumble said:
Seriously. I know FFXIII is reportedly with its share of flaws, but from what I've heard, WKC is just really boring.
Well WKC has the whole online thing...but C'mon..Its Final Fantasy. THE Jrpg!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Baki said:

I'd probably do the same thing too. Initially I was fucking hyped for FF XIII, but as soon as details about the gameplay started leaking, my hype crashed harder than the Hindenburg. A completely linear game that is supposedly just as shitty as FF X was? How about no, I'll just replay FF XII again.

Am I the only one who prefers the orbs in GOW 1+2 over GOW3?

The orbs in the GOW3 demo look more refined than the previous ones, I just prefer the larger sized orbs for some reason.

Baki said:

I haven't played a JRPG since FFX on the PS2 (unless you count Valkyria Chronicles as a regular JRPG), and I'm purely making that decision because WKC comes out Feb 2nd which I can probably finish by the time Heavy Rain comes out on the 26th, and than I can finish Heavy Rain by the time God of War comes out on March 16th. There would be no time for FFXIII, until I finish God of War, which will probably not be till April, because I rarely get more than 5-6 hours to play games during the week, because of work and other RL stuff.

KZObsessed

The Ultimate Edition Box does look amazing. Can't buy it tho with so many releases over the next couple of months. £110 is too much. Probably pass on the FFXIII Collector's Edition as well.

Whats the word on bonus features on the standard edition? I see that there's a lot of stuff on the Ultimate, but I'm wondering if they will do what they did in the past, and put some stuff on the game disc.

whitehawk

Banned
$100? Shit. I've never sprung for the super duper awesome deluxe edition, but I might have to for this one.

Does it come with the God of War Collection? If so, that seals the deal.

whitehawk said:
$100? Shit. I've never sprung for the super duper awesome deluxe edition, but I might have to for this one.

Does it come with the God of War Collection? If so, that seals the deal.

I think there was talk that the collection would be included in this bundle for EU but I'm not positive if that was ever confirmed. I haven't heard anything about it being included in NA at all.

Anyway, I just recently finished the GoW collection(missed out on BOTH games the first time around) and I can not wait for GoW3. Standard edition is a day 1 for me.

Cruzader

Banned
offshore said:
I just realised the GoW3 trailer will air on the same day as MS's X10 event.

Coincidence, I think not.
So the trailer we all have been waiting for is coming out during GTGV show correct? And that airs at like 12AM EST??? Do you know?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Endless-Bravado said:
I think there was talk that the collection would be included in this bundle for EU but I'm not positive if that was ever confirmed. I haven't heard anything about it being included in NA at all.

The GoW Collection is indeed a part of the EU ultimate edition.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
whitehawk said:
But not in the NA edition?

Nope. But Europe also gets a higher price point.

The God of War Collection is $40 alone. I think it just dropped to $30 at most places, but to think they'd bundle it with a new $60 game with extras, and sell it for $100 is impractical.

jett

D-Member
IAMBEEFLESS said:
Blog from GoWIII developer:
http://elanimador.blogspot.com/

Read the latest post. This should console those of you who are bitching about the box art.

He makes a good case for it. It may grow on me eventually, anyway. :p

As far as the screen shots, some of those are newer than others. One thing I can say that is the game does have motion blur, it is just not turned on for these screen shots.

Also confirms the use of motion blur which the demo does not have. Nice.

The developer also confirmed that Titan will NOT be the hardest difficulty this time around as speculated although the mode is STILL present in the game. Assuming that TM is GoWIII's hard mode (as opposed to Very Hard mode), he claims that TM is tougher this time around.

One more little tidbit. He confirms that the Pandora's Box collectors item feels "heavy and well sculpted and does not feel like cheap plastic".

And to respond to you jett, he really does make a good case for the box art. The white and red is really striking and all the whiners have to do is flip the inside case over when they get the game. But of course, they'll bitch about that one too...

Top Bottom