• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lord Error said:
Flipping the box art around, heh... something tells me that I'm not going to like the result of doing that with the Canadian version :p

You can draw something yourself on it!

GQman2121

Banned
-viper- said:
Hmm, fair enough.

"As you can see both GOW 1 and 2 have an additional image that can be flipped and used as another cover."

I don't recall seeing this. Anyone got pics of this?

I've got them right next to me. I'll snap photos for all of us. Hold please........

Oneself

Lord Error said:
Flipping the box art around, heh... something tells me that I'm not going to like the result of doing that with the Canadian version :p

At least (I guess) the ltd edition will include the "US version" of the cover so no worries here. :D

If you get the regular edition though, it will be a case of printing it yourself so it looks more professional than that crappy quality... like Uncharted 2's Canadian box.

GQman2121

Banned
2j139xg.jpg

5z2ibb.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Oneself said:
If you get the regular edition though, it will be a case of printing it yourself so it looks more professional than that crappy quality... like Uncharted 2's Canadian box.
Which is exactly what I did for UC2 (you probably know this, that's why you're saying, right? :p )

I'm not sure I like GoW that much to go through with that effort though.

Euphor!a

Banned
And since neither of them have their title on the spine it is pretty much just a waste of resources as no one will use them. Hopefully they realize this with God of War 3.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I love god of war with a passion, and I consider it my favorite game series ever. But i feel bad the only thing i want from the special edition is the Dominus skin and the documentary. And I actually like the eye cover.

Any chance of getting the documentary without the special edition?

Hm, the box art really makes the game seem less "epic." It almost makes you think it's going to be a deep, emotional, understated game. God of War is none of these things :lol

Oh well, hopefully the inside version is awesome :D This one should stand out on the shelves at least.

Afrikan

^that's a HUGE pic dude.....use tinypic.com

judging by the few surprises in this thread, most knew about Reverse Covers for 1st Party Sony titles..

I NEVER KNEW THIS... I just flipped my MAG cover...

then immediately flipped it back.

timetokill said:
Hm, the box art really makes the game seem less "epic." It almost makes you think it's going to be a deep, emotional, understated game. God of War is none of these things :lol

Oh well, hopefully the inside version is awesome :D This one should stand out on the shelves at least.

this is the last of Kratos story, why can't it be deep and emotional. GoW always have some of those emotional moment right..? like defending your family from hundred Kratos clone, or mashing button to part from your daughter in heaven to save the world in CoO... that count as emotional scene right?

and maybe it's just me, but I like Kratos's line in the 'Fear nothing' trailer. maybe it's the way Kratos said it, but it sent shiver in spine. it's deeper than just mere one liner that many other action heroes use imo.

maybe that's just me though.

DigiMish

Whoa, WTF - that's awesome, I never knew about the flipping alternative art for the PS2 God of Wars.

I really applaud Sony for including an image on the back of the cover for their first party studios.

MakgSnake

Banned
Too bad, we Canadians dont get these flip covers or anything. When asked why, they said the cost of re-printing the back cover in French takes the cost.

Pisses me off!

Honolulu

Neo Member
So, has there been any word on how the cover will look for the ultimate Trilogy edition, specifically the pal version?

It's nothing wrong with the minimalistic aproach with the close-up of kratos, but there was another picture posted earlier in the thread. It was a tiny picture, but it looked much much better than the "close-up" cover.
Kratos face was shadowed, with a frog-perspective looking up at him standing in a really dominant pose with his blades. It had an amazing composition with color and light imo, I'd really hope that would be the cover for one of the editions.

X-Burner

Banned
Honolulu said:
So, has there been any word on how the cover will look for the ultimate Trilogy edition, specifically the pal version?

It's nothing wrong with the minimalistic aproach with the close-up of kratos, but there was another picture posted earlier in the thread. It was a tiny picture, but it looked much much than the "close-up" cover.
Kratos face was shadowed, with a frog-perspective looking up at him standing in a really dominant pose with his blades. It had an amazing composition with color and light imo, I'd really hope that would be the cover for one of the editions.

This one?

m351z.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
MakgSnake said:
Too bad, we Canadians dont get these flip covers or anything. When asked why, they said the cost of re-printing the back cover in French takes the cost.

Pisses me off!
I'm a Canadian, and I have the reversible cover for God of War 2 (haven't checked GOW1).

Interesting tidbit from that 7-11 article:
The Greek mythology-based video franchise most recently racked up more than 380,000 sales so far for its special holiday "God of War I & II Collection" on Blu-ray since it bowed in the fall, according to NPD Group data.

whitehawk

Banned
nskinnear said:
The cups will give each Slurpee buyer a code that allows them to download a variety of content including behind-the-scenes video of the making the game, an animated theme of Kratos' face, wallpaper for PCs and virtual items that unlock armor to use inside the game. Hanging neck tags on all Mountain Dew two-liter and 20-ounce bottles will also include codes that can be redeemed at slurpee.com.
Okay, NOW I want one.

jiggle

cross promotion? from Sony?
what's going on?

and i think i want one lol

edit: ew dif cup have dif bonus? i hope it's not random, i just want the theme and costume

I've been hyped for this game since the second i saw
those Titans climbing up Mount Olympus.

I've been waiting 3 years for this game and It's about 46 days away. Really can't wait.

Top Bottom