• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 trailer

Cruzader said:
So you saying the press saw that 1 minute clip we just saw? Please stop acting dumb. They had like 10+ minutes worth of new gameplay/content we havent seen.
Want to see this, not some crappy 40 second montage of Kratos hitting things.

Alex

Cruzader said:
Me too, but there is a line not to be crossed so we dont get spoiled.

Spoiler: Angry dude beats the shit out of monsters for 10-12 hours.

This (series) is the last beat 'em up I can even stomach anymore, but I still wanna see more of it before I decide to plunk down 60.

Alex said:
Spoiler: Angry dude beats the shit out of monsters for 10-12 hours.

This (series) is the last beat 'em up I can even stomach anymore, but I still wanna see more of it before I decide to plunk down 60.

What's that Vince?

2hn4zll.jpg

Word.

I honestly don't believe this is in game graphics. This looks better than Uncharted 2 or any other game, yet the OPM UK review didn't mention anything like that. It just said that it looked better than Dantes Inferno, which really isn't saying much.

kevm3

The trailer needed to be longer. They needed to let some of those clips ride out. I can't stand trailers filled with 3/10s of a second gameplay clips. The gaia thing was impressive, but they needed to let us see more of that play out. Most of the other clips I've seen already in other trailers. The game looks great, but the trailer was mediocre.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
I must say... that is fucking impressive.

Am I wrong to assume all this is Real Time graphics?

I want it to be real time, because that way I can see the other outfits during cutscenes, unlike Uncharted 1 and 2... I can't see Donut Drake on top of Chloe =(

LowParry

-DarKaoZ- said:
I must say... that is fucking impressive.

Am I wrong to assume all this is Real Time graphics?

I want it to be real time, because that way I can see the other outfits during cutscenes, unlike Uncharted 1 and 2... I can't see Donut Drake on top of Chloe =(

It's all real time.

Wow, that looked flawless. Still wish we could've gotten something more than just over a minute-thirty, but if GTTV considers it the appetizer for the full GOW episode they have planned, then I'm game.

KaYotiX

Banned
Would be awesome if Zeus killed Kratos in the end and you see him being tortured in Hades as the end credits roll :D

Also, this game will be fun but after just beating the GoW collection im not that hyped for it anymore. It will still be great though.

EXGN

The whole thing was awesome, but holy shit! When they showed Kratos, fighting the colossal leviathan, and zoomed out and showed the whole thing was on Gaia...! EEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFF!

HeadExplode.gif

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
All they have to do to sell this is have this trailer as the commercial, and say "yep, that was real time" at the end. Not even counting the fact this is the sequel to a huge series, it will sell itself.

fuck that trailer was good, can't stop watching.

careksims

Oh geeze. I thought Uncharted 2 was jawsome.

I already said it in the other thread. BRING it ON! I've seen enough! I won't see any more til it hits next month.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
nelsonroyale said:
Okay....this has surpassed Uncharted 2 in the graphics department....ridiculous...The camera direction is also bloody amazing
I think you're right. I hate to say it, because Uncharted 2 was unblievable looking. But this is insane. I think it's the scale that does it for me. Uncharted had scale, but not like this.

not like this. :lol

Kratos is smaller than his fucking fingernail! look at your fingernail, and picture kratos smaller than that. WHAT THE FUCK?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
my brain is fucking MELTING. OH MY GOD. What in the fuck. This is fucking incredible. Like sheer amazing.

I forget what the dude's name was, but the guy who was saying GoW3 was going to leave Uncharted 2 in the dust and everyone laughed, start plating your crow.:lol

RavenFox

Banned
pelicansurf said:
my brain is fucking MELTING. OH MY GOD. What in the fuck. This is fucking incredible. Like sheer amazing.

I forget what the dude's name was, but the guy who was saying GoW3 was going to leave Uncharted 2 in the dust and everyone laughed, start plating your crow.:lol
HipHop Gamer redeemed

Dogenzaka

Banned
This game was falling off my radar until this trailer.

It's just what I hoped for with real-time colossus climbing/battling.

Why do people want Last Guardian to be Shadow of the Colossus 2 if they can just have this :lol

Watched in HD now....can't believe the Gaia scene is FAR more impressive than in the original trailer...looks better than the ps2 cg damnit

Loudninja

pelicansurf said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves it doesn't leave Uncharted in the dust, they both look very impressive.

Dogenzaka said:
It's just what I hoped for with real-time colossus climbing/battling.

Why do people want Last Guardian to be Shadow of the Colossus 2 if they can just have this :lol

Please, stop..what you're talking about in God of War is QTE. What you see from Team Ico is meat and potaoes hands-on gameplay.
Not nearly the same experience, one just does a good job of 'looking' like the other.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That was pretty damn insane. I'm happy that they didn't show any longer sequences of anything. Save that for when you play the game. Too many trailers spoil too many things nowadays.

abacab driver said:
Please, stop..what you're talking about in God of War is QTE. What you see from Team Ico is meat and potaoes hands-on gameplay.
Not nearly the same experience, one just does a good job of 'looking' like the other.
No. Not this time around. GoW3 has the soft body deformation / collision detection. Same kind of thing as SotC, but most likely more precise. You walk or climb/cling on realtime deformable surfaces of titans.

Lightning

Banned
whitehawk said:
Game of the decade. Game of the fucking DECADE!
Before it's even released?

Leaves Uncharted 2 in the dust?

Fuck me! I really think we should wait until the game is released before making such hyperbole statements.

Dogenzaka

Banned
abacab driver said:

I'm sure not the entirety of that battle with the moving Leviathan on the moving Titan is QTE. There's obviously portions where you're moving around and attacking.

Top Bottom