• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 trailer

Generic said:
Okay, what asshole decided that giving Hades purple flaming blades was a good idea? He already looks like an Elephant Man with a cage around his face, but do we really need the atrocious Purple to Orange lighting contrast making him look worse?

Honestly, take a look at this video, and tell me he didn't look better with simple glowing orange chain hooks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fEFd_BiXQg

yep, I agree. Prior to seeing that clip I really liked the purple glow cause it looked really good with motion blur but that Hades in the youtube vid looks a lot better.

Majine

Banned
14nmu5f.png

Afrikan

CcrooK said:
Holy fuck. He just sorta confirmed that Hercules fight. But...wow. I'm very curious by what he meant.

I have an Idea what he is talking about.....it was talked about a while ago..... basically just a different camera/perspective of the action, which hasn't been done before in GOW....I'll just leave it at that, because I don't know if he will get in trouble for even mentioning stuff he just mentioned.

Afrikan said:
I have an Idea what he is talking about.....it was talked about a while ago..... basically just a different camera/perspective of the action, which hasn't been done before in GOW....I'll just leave it at that, because I don't know if he will get in trouble for even mentioning stuff he just mentioned.
i immediately thought "OMG THEYRE MAKING A FPS FIGHT IN GOW3" but i'm just guessing...

holy.
shit.
the scale is just breathtaking. and it's all realtime. oh my god.

it would be nice to see the video in real hd, gt really is bad stuff :|

offshore

Stig just written a few words about it on the PS Blog

Just to give a little perspective on what we were going for with this trailer, we really wanted to sell the high action of the game and put together snippets of several of the big moments. Everything is pulled straight from the game – there is no trickery, etc. Everything is running in “real time.” There are no “cinematic” sequences here, meaning this is all gameplay.

Towards the end of the trailer we reveal some of the moments from our January media event. If you look closely you can see Kratos on the arm of Gaia fighting against the “Leviathan” water creature, giving a sneak peek of the scale in our game. I am very proud of the work our team has done and how this trailer showcases it. The final game has a ton more that is not shown here and I can’t wait to see what everyone thinks about it!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/god-of-war-iii-vengeance-trailer

Ploid 3.0

I was thinking when he said GOW wasn't pushing the PS3 that hard he meant there was something else about it that wasn't revealed yet. But he said stay tuned for E3 and GOW would have already been out. I was hoping for a screen shot feature, and video recording (save the video file, and/or upload to youtube). It's a single player story game, and that would be bad. After seeing that Just Cause 2 has the feature and still do awesome stuff I want more games to start using it. There are fewer excuses (don't let boss fights, puzzles, or cutscenes be recorded maybe).

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
The Faceless Master said:
i immediately thought "OMG THEYRE MAKING A FPS FIGHT IN GOW3" but i'm just guessing...

A GAFfer confirmed some time ago that there is supposedly indeed an FPS fight, where you see the fight from the enemy's perspective.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Epic trailer is epic.

krioto

Cannot wait for this - I only wish they'd release the GOW collection separately from the over-priced ultimate edition in UK.

I don't want all that collector's edition crap - I just want GOW1 and GOW2 on ps3

Ballistictiger said:
It's like a leapfrog game from Sony Studios.

Uncharted<Killzone 2<Uncharted 2<God of War 3?< Killzone 3?<Uncharted 3?

I think the game that will take the next step after God of War 3 will be The Last Guardian. some of the action clip we got from last year trailer are mindblowing

Callibretto said:
I think the game that will take the next step after God of War 3 will be The Last Guardian. some of the action clip we got from last year trailer are mindblowing
Forgot about that game. I am ashamed.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Callibretto said:

Impossible since it's being developed in Japan. Of course it's gonna look amazing, but don't expect Uncharted 2 level visuals.

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:
What does being developed in Japan have to do with it?

Other than Square Enix, most Japanese devs have been shitty this console gen when it comes to tech, especially on the PS3.

SolidSnakex said:
What does being developed in Japan have to do with it?

The fact that most Japanese companies stayed too long in the PS2 era (which was reasonable because that market stayed dominant in Japan for a while), so they didn't invest as much into graphical technology as western studios did. That's why you see so much of a difference today. Also I get the feeling that most Japanese are not graphics whores like we westerners are.

Top Bottom