• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 trailer

Afrikan

badcrumble said:
That's based on people looking at the kid model and NOTHING ELSE IN THE VIDEOS.

and I believe the kid's model was purposely done they way it is......I think there was a discussion about it here... everything but the child is realistically rendered...

I wonder as the game's story unfolds, if the kid slowly becomes like his surroundings.

Eliciel

SolidSnakex said:
[/img]
9k6t51.png

720p/1080p version of the trailer at the official site

http://www.godofwar.com/Index/#Videos

lol the lightening is sick

1080P footage... holy holy FUCK..... the character models.. lighting, textures, art direction..... everything is through the roof with this game...

goddamn..

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The scaling (as opposed to scale) in the engine is really really impressive. Zooming from relative micro to macro levels so seamlessly with such high detail preserved, and no apparently detail 'pop' etc. Really fantastic.

BeeDog

Maybe this will dethrone Uncharted 2 as the Game of The Generation, since I'm a massive sucker for amazing set pieces and "bigger, bolder, better" evolutions. :D

mr_nothin

Banned
gofreak said:
The scaling (as opposed to scale) in the engine is really really impressive. Zooming from relative micro to macro levels so seamlessly with such high detail preserved, and no apparently detail 'pop' etc. Really fantastic.
Seems like they've fixed the "faked" scale from the demo.
The scale/scaling (w/e) is there and it's the most impressive i've seen this gen. Doesnt look faked and Kratos doesnt look like a toy/miniature anymore. Everything is proportioned just right and everything looks HUUUUGE.

kikanny

Just saw the trailer. Loved it! The best scene was when they zoomed the camera out and you see Gaia screaming and then they zoom back into the leviathan. Just fantastic!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
SmokyDave said:
Just watched the trailer again in 1080p. I need to add a few more 'Wow's.

Next month cannot arrive soon enough.
holy shit march is next month =O

jett

D-Member
I'm guessing with the complex motion blur going on at all times now they have finally locked it down to 30fps.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
jett said:
I'm guessing with the complex motion blur going on at all times now they have finally locked it down to 30fps.
is this confirmed?

meh, a quick mish-mash. that was a poor trailer and i don't get some of the comments regarding the visuals :lol

it looks good but there are better looking games on ps3.

SmokyDave

Dr Bad Dude PHD said:
Atleast Dante's Inferno has classic literature on its side, and way more boobs.
Woah woah woah, wait for the Eurogamer Mammary Comparison before you start making such bold claims.

jiggles

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
meh, a quick mish-mash. that was a poor trailer and i don't get some of the comments regarding the visuals :lol

it looks good but there are better looking games on ps3.

34yv8tz.gif

It's too bad that the Zeus reverse goes by so quickly - could be just as good a GTFO gif as the Uncharted 2 one with Nate countering the merc's punch.

mr_nothin

Banned
jett said:
It looks to be the same motion blur that UC2's using. It's weird to explain but it's like they blur the textures and not the actual model....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
badcrumble said:
It's too bad that the Zeus reverse goes by so quickly - could be just as good a GTFO gif as the Uncharted 2 one with Nate countering the merc's punch.

I didn't even notice it until I studied one of the gifs for good 20 or so seconds. :lol

Az

Trailer looks really good.

I don't know how someone can hate on this. Dante's Inferno? Meh? Really?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
TheAzRim said:
Trailer looks really good.

I don't know how someone can hate on this. Dante's Inferno? Meh? Really?

Seriously, at EA they're congratulating each other right now that they released it before this trailer hit the web.

neorej said:
Seriously, at EA they're congratulating each other right now that they released it before this trailer hit the web.

I would not be surprised of EA actually asked Sony to hold off on the GOW promotions till DI came out. And Sony obliged them because their #1 one job is to keep their partners happy. That could be how they secured the DI PS3 limited time exclusivity on the demo too

Loved the trailer, can't wait for the game.

They should really market this game, come on Sony, I know the casual commercial with 'It only does everything' but also give some hardcore trailers out on TV/Cinema's with trailers like this one, need to pump the hardcore :D

PuppetMaster said:
I would not be surprised of EA actually asked Sony to hold off on the GOW promotions till DI came out. And Sony obliged them because their #1 one job is to keep their partners happy. That could be how they secured the DI PS3 limited time exclusivity on the demo too

EA is being nice to Sony lately, Bad Company 2 beta, Dante's Inferno early demo access, also Dante's Inferno divine edition which is exclusive to the PS3, wonder why?

Drame

jigglywiggly said:
Yes! I was waiting for someone to do this. :lol

Possibly the most impressive trailer I have ever seen. My jaw dropped at the Leviathan battle, it was just too intense.

I can't wait to play this, march can't come any sooner.

Cruzader

Banned
PuppetMaster said:
Sony should tell EA to fuck off. Its survival of the fittest. Put both games out in the open at the same time but no, Sony being the good guy again.

Top Bottom