• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 trailer

Schrade

Hades is Mr. badass.

29elsb4.gif

Kratos Bash!

21dg6ef.gif

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
That's what the journalist have been going crazy over? I was expecting something.... better than that.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Very nice motion blur on characters too. Same motion blur look UC2 had, the best looking method right now. If this game is still supposed to be 60FPS, it will be the first big game to use motion blur like this and be 60FPS, at least that I can think of.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
This trailer is basically Santa Monica Studios screaming "Naughty Dog, you did a nice job with Uncharted. Here's what we've got. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

Looks amazing in every.

goddamned.

shot.

Lord Error said:
Very nice motion blur on characters too. Same motion blur look UC2 had, the best looking method right now. If this game is still supposed to be 60FPS, it will be the first big game to use motion blur like this and be 60FPS, at least that I can think of.

What is motion blur in games?

Is it when in Uncharted 2 you aim at something at the background gets blurry?

-Winnie-

It's amazing how much better this game looks compared to its first gameplay reveal. Back then, the 'God of War in HD' comments were justified but now... fuuucckkk...

BeeDog

Fuck-awesome trailer, but I'm still not convinced it's all in-game despite every corporate head telling us otherwise. The motion blur in the video is extreeeeeemely nice, and I doubt it'll be used ingame (seems extremely taxing for old HW like the PS3). Though I definitely want to be proved wrong! :D

Regardless of whether it's touched up or not, now we know how some of the set pieces might play out. HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

offshore

neorej said:
This trailer is basically Santa Monica Studios screaming "Naughty Dog, you did a nice job with Uncharted. Here's what we've got. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

:D

And then in a few months when KZ3 is shown, Guerrilla come along and say, "oh yeah? you both think you're better than us? now have a look at our shit"

Man, Sony has some amazing studios.

BeeDog said:
Fuck-awesome trailer, but I'm still not convinced it's all in-game despite every corporate head telling us otherwise. The motion blur in the video is extreeeeeemely nice, and I doubt it'll be used ingame (seems extremely taxing for old HW like the PS3). Though I definitely want to be proved wrong! :D

Regardless of whether it's touched up or not, now we know how some of the set pieces might play out. HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

seriously i dont see any motion blur in the trailer, can you give me a time so i can see it?

ghostofsparta said:
seriously i dont see any motion blur in the trailer, can you give me a time so i can see it?
When Hades is swinging his weapon in the GIF is one, the weapon has motion blur applied to it to look smooth.

darkwing

Dogenzaka said:
It's not what the journalists have been going nuts over....they got to watch a 10 minute presentation :l

This can't be emphasized enough, we only have like a TV ad to see :lol

offshore said:
:D

And then in a few months when KZ3 is shown, Guerrilla come along and say, "oh yeah? you both think you're better than us? now have a look at our shit"

Man, Sony has some amazing studios.
It's like a leapfrog game from Sony Studios.

Uncharted<Killzone 2<Uncharted 2<God of War 3?< Killzone 3?<Uncharted 3?

offshore

chicko1983 said:
good trailer but the last trailer, the one that first showed him on the Titan, was more impressive in my opinion.

The first trailer was a way of communicating the scale of GoWIII, whereas this trailer is about a mixture of stuff. If Santa Monica did a trailer solely based on Titans now, then it's gonna look more impressive than the first one.

As someone else pointed out, it looks like we'll be shown more stuff over the next coupla weeks, especially if Geoff is doing a full GTTV on GoWIII, so they'll probably be even more impressive stuff shown then.
I hope

Blablurn said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. what a trailer. was the leviathan part in the end real time?
Everything in the trailer is real time, except the CG Blades at the start. Geoff Keighly dropped into the other thread to confirm this :D

Schrade

Won't embed this since it's 10 MB but it's worth it to look at it.

Click the image for the 10 MB animated GIF.

chicko1983 said:
good trailer but the last trailer, the one that first showed him on the Titan, was more impressive in my opinion.
It seemed impressive because it was focused and relayed a small segment' of Kratos' journey. And an absolutely incredible orchestral piece from start to finish sealed the deal for the trailer. This trailer was more of a showcase and Hollywood in every sense; incredible moments, big set pieces, couple of black out spots and a final ending with a bang.

I'm hyped through the roof for this but the fuck, this was it? It was so quickly edited I didn't see shit, had to watch twice to notice all the stuff. Game looked amazing though, really looking forward to it. It also looked like Zeus was smashed into a wall by Kratos (or was that not Zeus?)

Suzzopher

The sense of scale in this game is unlike any game I have seen before.

Naughty Dog and Santa Monica seem to be trying to out do each in raising the graphical bar on consoles.

Veelk

Banned
Schrade said:

Okay, what asshole decided that giving Hades purple flaming blades was a good idea? He already looks like an Elephant Man with a cage around his face, but do we really need the atrocious Purple to Orange lighting contrast making him look worse?

Honestly, take a look at this video, and tell me he didn't look better with simple glowing orange chain hooks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fEFd_BiXQg

Top Bottom