• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP)

dr guildo

Thx to all of you, but I am for nothing, TheOrder is such a beast, all the kudos must go to RAD.

The last one I took this night before my next play of tonight :
25716514975_ac8e5fb88e_o.png

dr guildo

I also manage to reshoot the DC scene that was on debate between Jamesways, Cayrn, Noobcraft and me, the following shot is ingame without the hot filter and light set to high, tell me your opinion about that :

Edit :
[IMPORTANT : Please, note that the two shots are not the same moment, few hundredths of a second are separating the two frames.]

In-game :
25087626793_2789998972_o.png

Photomode :
25593429672_c2db52ed63_o.png

The gap is not that far I think !
Please, tell me what you think about that comparison...

dr guildo

You can probably pick it up now for dirt cheap anyway. I got a used copy for RM 85, which is roughly $20 and I don't regret it at all.

sATJcBf.png

h8FtlPi.png

Wow, your gameplay screenshots just prove that DC doesn't need a photomode to get a "Wow effect".

And again, motion blur is far from being "poor".

Javin98

Banned
Wow, your gameplay screenshots just prove that DC doesn't need a photomode to get a "Wow effect".

And again, motion blur is far from being "poor".
Thanks! And yeah, I agree with you. The difference between the gameplay and photomode isn't very significant at all. The motion blur is definitely not poor. It's not the best implementation, but it does a great job of showing the sense of speed. I think the biggest enchancement of photomode is the AA, but the AA in regular gameplay is decent. It just adds an extra level of polish to the visuals in photomode.

Caayn

I also manage to reshoot the DC scene that was on debate between Jamesways, Cayrn, Noobcraft and me, the following shot is ingame without the hot filter and light set to high, tell me if we are

The gap is pretty big, it would generate a bazillion page thread if it were a digital foundry article comparing one title across two platforms. But that's my opinion on it, clearly yours differs and there's no problem with that.

However I fail to understand the need to "proof" how Driveclub looks during gameplay? I've never said that it doesn't look good, feel free to check my PSN account for my DC progress.

I do ask to keep the graphics talk in this thread.

Eggbok

Some of those pics are from the multiplayer modes, though. For example, those pics with Tie Fighters and Millennium Falcon are from the Fighter Squadron mode.

I see. I know I could never focus on getting the perfect shot and the objective at the same time. Great shots, BTW!

Quite frankly, your screenshots are perfect !
StarwarsBattlefront + one of the best screenshooters of the thread = Theft of the Show.
This is so beautiful, hard to believe this is a console game that I have at home. Never seen Battlefronts shots of this quality level. The view points are perfectly chosen. They are pure bullshots ! Nothing Else ! Great job !

You don't have to feel sorry for giving us such great moments of contemplation.

Aww well thanks you guys! :D

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
The gap is pretty big, it would generate a bazillion page thread if it were a digital foundry article comparing one title across two platforms. But that's my opinion on it, clearly yours differs and there's no problem with that.

However I fail to understand the need to "proof" how Driveclub looks during gameplay? I've never said that it doesn't look good, feel free to check my PSN account for my DC progress.

I do ask to keep the graphics talk in this thread.
Wait, you're the same poster that did those same comparison shots in the thread a few months ago.

Now that your cherry picked comparisons are shown to be cherry picked like some other cherry picked comparisons it's suddenly off-topic? lol

Caayn

Wait, you're the same poster that did those same comparison shots in the thread a few months ago.

Now that your cherry picked comparisons are shown to be cherry picked like some other cherry picked comparisons it's suddenly off-topic? lol
I did, I went off-topic then too, that's my mistake and it won't happen again.

You mean the shots with the Lambo? Yeah I spend a lot of time to cherry-pick that shot, set the game up just so that it would look like that. Lol, I guess.

Jigolo

I wouldn't bother with him

1er tigre

Multiplayer graphics are downgraded to get 900p@60 FPS. Even though there will be a ton of UC4 screens for months(and years most likely) I'll still take that over more cars pics.=p
Star wars battlefront is also 900p@60FPS and it looks far better than this Uncharted 4 multiplayer bêta.

Javin98

Banned
Star wars battlefront is also 900p@60FPS and it looks far better than this Uncharted 4 multiplayer bêta.
Can we keep this out of here? You wanna compare visuals, start a new thread, or post it in the Uncharted 4 beta thread. Same goes for the DriveClub gameplay vs photomode comparisons, really. The screenshot thread isn't the place to do all this.

bYrhYTs.png

N1YWgcT.png

Pif

Banned
I also manage to reshoot the DC scene that was on debate between Jamesways, Cayrn, Noobcraft and me, the following shot is ingame without the hot filter and light set to high, tell me your opinion about that :

Edit :
[IMPORTANT : Please, note that the two shots are not the same moment, few hundredths of a second are separating the two frames.]

In-game :

Photomode :

It's just insane how close to photomode the in-game graphics are.

1er tigre

Can we keep this out of here? You wanna compare visuals, start a new thread, or post it in the Uncharted 4 beta thread. Same goes for the DriveClub gameplay vs photomode comparisons, really. The screenshot thread isn't the place to do all this.
Relax, it was just a simple comment stating that I find UC4 multiplayer graphics a bit underwhelming. Nothing much.

By the way, I can't make a thread ^^

Edit :

In-game :

Photomode :

Love this, I very much prefer an unaltered in-game shot rather than photo mode which just masks the game to look prettier than what you're actually playing.

Since I haven't received an NDA...

2 pics per post and 2 consecutive posts.

And why do your shots look better when you open them in a separate tab?

Honestly, it doesn't look too hot in stills imo. Weird because I thought it looked great last time I watched gameplay.

Timu

You can probably pick it up now for dirt cheap anyway. I got a used copy for RM 85, which is roughly $20 and I don't regret it at all.

sATJcBf.png

h8FtlPi.png
Finally nice to see gameplay screens of this again.

That game was dedicated to both single and multiplayer for graphics unlike Uncharted 4 multiplayer.

Timu

Did you take jpegs and convert them to pngs? There are lots of compression artifacts in your screenshots.
They are pure PNGs...and when the pics are full size, the game has surprisingly not so great image quality with it's lack of AA. Still looks good though.

Top Bottom