• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurongel

Welp. Like Dark Souls 2 before it, parrying is fucking impossible on the PC. Haven't nailed one once and I've been practicing on fodder enemies. This issue existed in DS2 above 30fps.

Jintor

first time on a deprived start and damn, that was no joke. tutorial boss was murdering me until I finally figured I didn't have the luxury of playing defensively against the scary bit and just went full HAM

Persona7

Banned
Welp. Like Dark Souls 2 before it, parrying is fucking impossible on the PC. Haven't nailed one once and I've been practicing on fodder enemies. This issue existed in DS2 above 30fps.

Wonder if this is because Bloodborne, DS2 and DS3 share the same engine. I haven't noticed any issues though.

Fonds

I've got my copy installed and waiting for me at home (PS4).
I plan on playing a mercenary. Any thoughts?

I played a sword and board warrior in DS2 and skill build in BB. I also played a 2h str build in DS1 and that wasn't really my jam.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Got about 2hrs in. I'm loving it. It feels like DS1 + a bit of that BB speed. Truly the sequel we deserved. Need to get used to not having that rally mechanic though haha.

I'm playing at 60 fps on PC. I'm not one of those super incredible players, but I've been playing since the beginning. Parrying felt absolutely fine to me. I was able to parry the dude by Firelink 7 times in a row after a few tries to remember the timing.

d00d3n

The boss was triggered properly and killed the host both times. Various effects from the fighting were clearly visible through the fog gate. It happened on V
oldt
and C
rystal sage
btw.

Now happened to me for the third time :( Most coop sessions are ok, but this is very annoying.

teokrazia

I've learned pretty quickly how to parry, in Dark Souls 1 PC, 60 FPS.
I'm still extremely unsure with parry in Dark Souls 3, after 40 hours.

Lakitu

st5fu
Finally took care of both those fucking
crabs only to get wrecked by some knight who two hit killed me.

I love it.

Edit: As for parry, I don't use it at all and it's something I've accepted I won't be able to master. So I won't bother losing health trying to do it. I was fine with parrying in Bloodborne though.

Sanctuary

Started as a Pyromancer, then just decided to restart as a Knight since I was having to melee so much anyway. Got to
Farron Keep
and decided to try out "hard mode".

My god Sorcery is shit, and not because of the damage. Miyazaki, in his infinite wisdom decided to increase enemy speed to up to Bloodbone levels at times (which includes swarms of enemies at that speed), without adjusting the casting speed of the Sorcery spells. DEX and casting speed items do not in any way compensate. It's just stupid. You basically have to use the spells on one enemy at a time and hope that you can kill them with two-hits at most before they are in your face and hope that you don't grab more enemies at the same time.

Meanwhile, running around with a flame katana or raw claymore = easy mode.

Also not sold at all on the look of the game. It definitely has better "graphics" than the previous games, but there's too much clutter for the sake of simply tossing more shit on the screen, without any artistic merit, and it looks like it was run through a greyscale filter in most areas. Some of the areas are chalice dungeon tier quality too in the way they look.

sora87

Ok this first boss is a bitch. Does it seem like the iFrames in this game are pretty short? Dodging feels like a 2nd option to blocking.

I had a lot of problems at first too with the dodging, in the end I don't know what I did differently but I got there in the end. I think I'm just rusty but the dodging definitely doesn't feel as fluid as it was in BB

Sullichin

What's earliest one I can get?

You can farm the greataxe
from the enemy that uses it in the first area after firelink.

Claymore is also here, not one of the bigger weapons but still good two handed.

Area after has the Butcher Knife and Large Club. Great Club is also pretty early.
The fat mage church women can drop their weapon, basically a giant metal club with spikes in it.

Did anyone else get the Season Pass Code from Gamestop? Normally I would never buy a Season Pass but From has a good track record with this series, but I can't seem to get the code to work in the PSN Store...anyone else having issues redeemning it?

Dimmle

V
ordt
of the B
oreal
V
alley
was a chump. Just get right up in that butt and knife away in true Dark Souls tradition.

Tenebrous

The fight versus
the Abyss Watchers
has to go down as one of my favourite Souls fights. The spectacle of it all...
Flamelurker on steroids.

Glad I found me my ol' faithful claymore. Magic? Bah, who needs that shit!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Gimme dat
Black Knight armour! Tough son of a bitch

I have a few big old 2Hs my Warrior can't use yet, need more lumbe..strength.

E92 M3

The fight versus
the Abyss Watchers
has to go down as one of my favourite Souls fights. The spectacle of it all...
Flamelurker on steroids.

Glad I found me my ol' faithful claymore. Magic? Bah, who needs that shit!

Oh yeah, very unique fight

Just noticed one of the DS2 dead giant trees around the side of Firelink Shrine. Was just expecting a knotted tree, but tilted the camera up and recognised it instantly. Plus a locked door and a kickdown ladder. God I love a first playthrough of a Souls game!

iFirez

I've finished the game already on Xbox One. Going to start my second playthrough on PC tonight - going to try to use the Uchigatana to start with then move on to some crazy 2H weapons I think. I love the Uchi's weapon arts though and I nearly only used the long sword or similar for most of my first playthrough. Going to go crazy with this build.

studyguy

Went cleric, kinda regret. Such low Dex to start I was like, I can't even hold a sword right. I must be an idiot.
I just want to sunbro and throw some spears.

Sullichin

Ok, so where can I get my first greatsword? I'm kind of tired of the Uchi now.

Regular greatsword -
Claymore
in High Wall of Lothric, where the dragon breathes fire. Just like Dark Souls 1

Ultra Greatswords,
Zweihander can drop in the area after High Wall, and the regular Greatsword is found not too far after (Farron Keep)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The game has been amazing so far,i wanna go home and play more.
I can't even concentrate in my job.

I lost a lot of sleep last week. Nights I stayed up til 3 AM and had to get up at 8 :/ All worth it though

Just got my steam code, can finally test the pc version as well.

Daft Punk

Banned
Ok so what is the build everyone else is doing for stats? I picked Mercenary, but I just want to be able to do damage while having the health to tank a few shots.

Tenebrous

I lost a lot of sleep last week. Nights I stayed up til 3 AM and had to get up at 8 :/ All worth it though

Just got my steam code, can finally test the pc version as well.

I stayed up until 10:30 and woke up at 14:00 to play again.

Ok so what is the build everyone else is doing for stats? I picked Mercenary, but I just want to be able to do damage while having the health to tank a few shots.

Warrior to start with. Strength/Endurance/Whateverthehealthstatis in somewhat equal measure. Gonna put some points into equip load now, though.

I gave up the idea of a SL1 run pretty fast after finding out this game plays so differently from Demon's & Dark (not played II/Bloodborne properly).

Sullichin

The game has been amazing so far,i wanna go home and play more.
I can't even concentrate in my job.

I've had it since the Japanese release on Xbox, but on PC with working online the game feels brand new. Game is pretty much taking over my life. I can't concentrate at work either

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
So I scrapped of the CD-key shit from the paper and LOOOOOOOOL I CAN'T EVEN SEE THE ACTUAL CODE! HAHAHAHAHAHHA

UI CAN'T ACCESS THE PC-VERSION BECAUSE THEY FUCKED UP LOLOLO

TJHOS MIGHT BNE THE WORST LAUNCH IVE EVER WITNESSED HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!

how the FUCK are you supposed to see the text that wasn't readable (i marked the readable text in red, the rest is UNTOUCHED. You can't see SHIT)

mILIzHx.jpg

same thing happened to me, I had to guess a few letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom