• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes April 12th

Sterok

I almost feel sorry for MS PR. You people never let them rest easy. Or maybe they get a kick watching us analyze every last word for their hidden meaning. That would be a fun game, see who can get Gaf to focus on their PR the longest.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I mean the fact they are talking about QB just shows they have nothing positive to say about March. Now I'm interested to see how it all played out.

Maybe Division sold more on PS4 as a result.

I would be really surprised if The Division did better on XBO.

allan-bh

I almost feel sorry for MS PR. You people never let them rest easy. Or maybe they get a kick watching us analyze every last word for their hidden meaning. That would be a fun game, see who can get Gaf to focus on their PR the longest.

Was the same thing with Sony PR last gen. Is hard to make PR when you are losing.

Cidd

MS PR has become comically bad, it's getting embarrassing now. I know it's for their investors but still, the PR spins have become tiresome.

whatdoyoumeanyoupeople.jpg

Just curious as to understanding what is actually being said, since they won't actually use words normal people can understand.

I bet some people there get some enjoyment out of it, sure. It doesn't matter if we do though, not like it means anything.

Is this Michael Pachter?

Aren't we all, just a little bit?

CoG

I'm not sure MS PR were prepared for how this generation shaped out. Last gen they practically walked on water, thus the hubris going into the Xbone One era. You can tell by the 2013 Major Nelson interviews that he was not prepared for any sort of negative or critical feedback from gamers. His reaction was panic, defensiveness, and anger. Now Hyrb and Greenberg seem pretty beat down, trying to keep the lights on until next generation where Xbox may possibly end up in a better position.

DieH@rd

Banned
When was the last time we got preemptive damage control?

I don't think this is preemptive damage control.

They are just repeating same PR spin several times, leaving their PR team rested and fully focused on tonight's mega spin.

Will we still get the MAU?? D:

Sure we will, and everyone will talk about it!
mPG5qze.gif

I'm not sure MS PR were prepared for how this generation shaped out. Last gen they practically walked on water, thus the hubris going into the Xbone One era. You can tell by the 2013 Major Nelson interviews that he was not prepared for any sort of negative or critical feedback from gamers. His reaction was panic, defensiveness, and anger. Now Hyrb and Greenberg seem pretty beat down, trying to keep the lights on until next generation where Xbox may possibly end up in a better position.

But they only did well in US/UK. PS3 won everywhere else and the consoles are tied more or less.

I don't get where this MS arrogance came from. They certainly didn't earn it.

Welfare

I don't think this is preemptive damage control.

They are just repeating same PR spin several times, leaving their PR team rested and fully focused on tonight's mega spin.

That's why I was asking. This doesn't seem like NPD damage control at all, but a continuation of QB "praise".

You can't damage control console sales with software sales because Sony will just release "PS4 #1" again and the plan fails.

cakely

Would agree with that... but best-selling to biggest-selling?

So best-selling last week... sounds like total units sold last week (who knows if they included the Windows 10 code activations in that mix?)

Biggest-selling published IP this gen... is there some low price MS Studio game that was published this gen, where units could have been really high with low average selling price? And that QB may have sold fewer units but generated more revenues because of the higher price? All I can think of on this one. =/

I think you nailed it.

Cess007

When was the last time we got preemptive damage control?

I think never? I remember the month on Titanfall when Sony announced wordwide sales the day before NPD, and everyone thought it was preemptive damage control as everyone thought XBO would win that month.

I keep seeing this.

What's happening in that GIF? What's the context?

I think it was the XBO reveal, where the camera will change to make these awkward advertising shots :/

DieH@rd

Banned
I keep seeing this.

What's happening in that GIF? What's the context?

Xbox One unveil event during the height of MS's "TV TV SPORTS SPORTS" phase, where they hired actors to casually laugh a lot in front of product placements. Few hours later Sony got 5 minute standing ovation.

Z3M0G

Well Destiny sold almost 3 million in the launch month, and we know worldwide The Division did better first week... and looks like it showed better legs too in countries like UK and Japan.

The only problem are digital sales which are pretty big. :-/
Destiny had a 2nd version free deal for anyone who purchased the digital PS3 version... id like to think that had some pull. Multi gen release.

Maniel

Banned
Wow first time I forgot an NPD day for this long. I'm interested to see how software does more than hardware at this point.

Top Bottom