• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 10, 2010

Zzoram

Dabanton said:
FF13 has been pimped on the Xbox marketplace for months during the last month it's always been somewhere prominent so people see it's coming out, there was never a chance that it would flop on 360.

Also i think Versus is pretty much a goer in coming to both systems.

I think it's clear Microsoft wants FFXIII to sell well on Xbox 360 to convince Square-Enix to port over the rest of their Final Fantasy HD games.

Carl

dolemite said:
56k < First Week Heavy Rain < 100k
89.3k < First Three Weeks Heavy Rain < 159.5k

EDIT: for comparison, Mass Effect 2 (360) first three weeks sales ~136k.

Awesome. Thanks for that, Dolly. They're pretty good numbers considering the type of game that Heavy Rain is.

Wonder how long it will stay around in the charts.

Great to see Heavy Rain holding strong and a higher than expected (well great it charted at all) showing for Yakuza 3.

I wonder if GoWIII will be strong enough to take down FFXIII next week. He's hoping!

Danielsan

Hopefully Heavy Rain will show considerable legs.
Gaming needs more variety. I'm getting sick of all the shooters.

I was surprised to see the marketing that Sony rolled out for this game.
I was in Amsterdam a couple of weeks ago and I saw posters accompanied by LCD screens running the trailer all over the place. Pretty neat.

expy

Banned
Considering the installed base of both consoles, PS3 really outperformed 360 as far as Final Fantasy XIII goes, in the UK (and most likely everywhere else).

Baki

Carl said:
Awesome. Thanks for that, Dolly. They're pretty good numbers considering the type of game that Heavy Rain is.

They're excellent numbers. Heavy Rain has probably shipped 1M copies worldwide by now.

Rad-

Danielsan said:
I was surprised to see the marketing that Sony rolled out for this game.
I was in Amsterdam a couple of weeks ago and I saw posters accompanied by LCD screens running the trailer all over the place. Pretty neat.

Yeah earlier in the gen Sony was uber failure when it came to marketing. But now they have been great. There's like 5-10 Heavy Rain ads on prime time TV every night.

In fact, Heavy Rain is probably the most marketed Sony game this gen. At least here.

dolemite

Paracelsus said:
PS3 and 360 userbase in Japan are basically one and the same, no way it would have done 300k, let alone 400k.
I am going to take the most recent example, Resonance of Fate, which released simultaneously on the PS3 and 360. If my memory serves me correctly, the first week split was 130k vs. 30k or 1:4.33.

The same ratio would put the first week of FFXIII (360) at around 1.5/4.33 = 346k.
Suggesting that FFXIII would sell <300k, just like all the other average JRPGs on the 360, is just :lol

dolemite said:
I am going to take the most recent example, Resonance of Fate, which released simultaneously on the PS3 and 360. If my memory serves me correctly, the first week split was 130k vs. 30k or 1:4.33.

The same ratio would put the first week of FFXIII (360) at around 1.5/4.33 = 346k.
Suggesting that FFXIII would sell <300k, just like all the other average JRPGs on the 360, is just :lol

I think taking some ratio of a random game that has nothing to do with FF and extrapolating that ratio to see what FFXIII would sell on 360 in Japan is more LOL worthy.

Baki

dolemite said:

Final Fantasy is not going to sell a combined 1.5M in this months NPD. Thats probably going to be its LTD.

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Really happy to see Heavy Rain performing! :D

I honestly expected it to debut around #9 or #10 and then be out the top 40 within a few weeks.

Quite surprised one of my friends (a typical casual game - I think he only owns FIFA 10 and MW2) asked me about it. He then said the other day he'd heard people raving about it at work.

Carl

Juno said:
Really happy to see Heavy Rain performing! :D

I honestly expected it to debut around #9 or #10 and then be out the top 40 within a few weeks.

Quite surprised one of my friends (a typical casual game - I think he only owns FIFA 10 and MW2) asked me about it. He then said the other day he'd heard people raving about it at work.

Funny you should say that - i heard some guys talking about it at school earlier. Really confused me. I thought what, people actually know about this game?

Overheard some people talking about it walking through town on saturday too.

Carl said:
Funny you should say that - i heard some guys talking about it at school earlier. Really confused me. I thought what, people actually know about this game?

Overheard some people talking about it walking through town on saturday too.

You guys all know Sony spent a SHITLOAD on marketing yeah?

ESPECIALLY in PAL regions?

My theory on Heavy Rain is that although it's not something we see that often in gaming, the subject matter and tone (essentially a police/detective thriller) is fairly common material in film, television and literature. I think as gamers we tend to see something that's niche in gaming and assume it's therefore niche to a more mainstream audience.

iceatcs

Whooa PS3 sold more. I thought it will be other way.

All top 10 quite settle.

I'm one of those Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars PSP boost up :)
I bought for cheap after fall out with iPhone version.

iceatcs said:
Whooa PS3 sold more. I thought it will be other way.

What?

You thought FF13 would sell more on 360? Are you nuts? It's still pretty much known as a Sony game, and I believe was basically advertised as a PS3 game which is why MS sold the bundle to try and combat that.

I'm surprised the split was so close.

I expected no one to buy the 360 version.

Baki

2 Minutes Turkish said:
What?

You thought FF13 would sell more on 360? Are you nuts? It's still pretty much known as a Sony game, and I believe was basically advertised as a PS3 game which is why MS sold the bundle to try and combat that.

I'm surprised the split was so close.

I expected no one to buy the 360 version.

It was advertised as a 360 only game here in the UK.

Carl

2 Minutes Turkish said:
You guys all know Sony spent a SHITLOAD on marketing yeah?

ESPECIALLY in PAL regions?

I must watch the wrong channels - i live in the UK. Seen several ads but not a massive amount; 5 at most, all of which were in the early hours of the morning.

Garjon

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Really? I only ever saw PS3 ads for it down here.
Yep, Microsoft bought the exclusive advertising rights for it. I'm quite surprised the split wasn't in favour of Microsoft as well. Looks like brand loyalty does matter after all.

dabra

nv4pxy.png

Ireland:
Week 10, 2010 - Entertainment Software (All Prices)

01 (__) Final Fantasy Xiii (Square Enix Europe)
02 (01) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Electronic Arts)
03 (02) Heavy Rain (Sony Computer Ent.)
04 (04) Just Dance (Ubisoft)
05 (09) Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard)
06 (10) Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
07 (06) Sonic & Sega All-stars Racing (Sega)
08 (05) New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
09 (03) Aliens Vs Predator (Sega)
10 (08) Fifa 10 (Electronic Arts)
11 (15) Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)
12 (07) Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
13 (18) Mario And Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo)
14 (__) Ben 10: Alien Force - Vilgax Attacks (Namco Bandai Games)
15 (16) Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)
16 (11) Bioshock 2 (Take 2)
17 (12) Mario & Sonic At Olympic Winter Games (Sega)
18 (__) James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (Ubisoft)
19 (__) Professor Layton And Pandora's Box (Nintendo)
20 (14) New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

2ziy2o3.png

Italy:
Week 9, 2010

01 (__) [PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2
02 (01) [PS3] Heavy Rain
03 (02) [WII] Wii Fit Plus
04 (__) [360] Battlefield: Bad Company 2
05 (__) [PS3] Final Fantasy Xiii
06 (05) [WII] Mario Kart Wii
07 (03) [WII] New Super Mario Bros.
08 (04) [PS3] Dante's Inferno
09 (06) [WII] Wii Sports Resort
10 (__) [NDS] Professor Layton And Pandora's Box
11 (08) [PS2] PES 2010
12 (__) [360] Final Fantasy Xiii
13 (11) [PSP] Dante's Inferno
14 (10) [WII] Wii Play
15 (14) [PS3] FIFA 2010

Serenity

dabra said:
2ziy2o3.png

Italy:
Week 9, 2010

02 (01) [PS3] Heavy Rain
03 (02) [WII] Wii Fit Plus
04 (__) [360] Battlefield: Bad Company 2
05 (__) [PS3] Final Fantasy Xiii
06 (05) [WII] Mario Kart Wii
07 (03) [WII] New Super Mario Bros.
08 (04) [PS3] Dante's Inferno
09 (06) [WII] Wii Sports Resort
10 (__) [NDS] Professor Layton And Pandora's Box
11 (08) [PS2] PES 2010
12 (__) [PS3] Final Fantasy Xiii
13 (11) [PSP] Dante's Inferno
14 (10) [WII] Wii Play
15 (14) [PS3] FIFA 2010

Should that second FF13 be for 360?

dolemite

Lame Italian numbers for FFXIII. The ratio seems to be 28%/72% between the versions. And Heavy Rain is sooo close to being #1:lol

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Week 9 is 1-7 March, before FFXIII release date. Those sales are retailers jumping the gun in Italy...

yep, i remember seeing it on sale in big retail stores some days before the official launch.

for italy:

01 Battlefield Bad Company 2 PS3 100
02 Heavy Rain PS3 99,87
03 Wii Fit Plus WII 84,51
04 Battlefield Bad Company 2 360 84,14
05 Final Fantasy XIII PS3 56,01
06 Mario Kart WII 45,31
07 New Super Mario Bros. WII 43,79
08 Dante's Inferno PS3 39,36
09 Wii Sports Resort WII 27,39
10 Professor Layton E Lo Scrigno Di Pandora DS 22,36 (pandora's box)
11 PES 2010 PS2 22,16
12 Final Fantasy XIII 360 22,03
13 Dante's Inferno PSP 19,38
14 Wii Play WII 18,33
15 FIFA 2010 PS3 17,88

the numbers after the game's name shows how much the games sold compared to the top one, so 100% for BC:bd2 and 99,87% of what the game in the top spot sold for heavy rain and so on.

obaidr

Banned
Germany
dal 1 Marzo al 7 Marzo
02 (__) [360] Battlefield: Bad Company 2
03 (02) [WII] New Super Mario Bros.
04 (01) [PS3] Heavy Rain
05 (03) [WII] Mario Kart Wii
06 (07) [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
07 (09) [NDS] New Super Mario Bros.
08 (05) [WII] Wii Sports Resort
09 (10) [WII] Wii Fit Plus + Balance Board
10 (__) [PS3] Fifa 10

PC
01 (__) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition
02 (__) Assassin's Creed II
03 (01) ANNO 1404: Venedig
04 (03) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
05 (__) Silent Hunter 5
06 (02) Napoleon: Total War
07 (__) Supreme Commander 2
08 (__) Assassin's Creed II - White Edition
09 (04) Drakensang: Am Fluss der Zeit
10 (05) Die Sims 3 Luxus Accessoires
http://www.gamona.de/

Elios83

dolemite said:
Lame Italian numbers for FFXIII. The ratio seems to be 28%/72% between the versions. And Heavy Rain is sooo close to being #1:lol

Gamestop started selling the game here a week before launch ;)

Kosma

Banned
Baki said:
It was advertised as a 360 only game here in the UK.

Same here in Holland. I only saw a 360 commercial on TV.

But it entered the charts for PS3 on number 1 and 360 on 5.

Baki

I predict Heavy Rain selling 2M worldwide with re-releases. It should reach 1.5M without a re-release.

If it has really good legs, it might pass 2M worldwide without a re-release.

noobie

Banned
HR doing awesome in many places.. Germany also showing good legs for HR... seems like it is attracting lot of ppl

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Carl said:
Historically, there is precedent for long-legs in the interactive-movie adventure genre back in 90s (before it collapsed).
I always wondered if HeavyRain could replicate staying power, being a fresh take on that very genre - it'll be interesting to see if it keeps it up.

Loudninja

Fafalada said:
Historically, there is precedent for long-legs in the interactive-movie adventure genre back in 90s (before it collapsed).
I always wondered if HeavyRain could replicate staying power, being a fresh take on that very genre - it'll be interesting to see if it keeps it up.

Its doing well for its 3rd week of sales, its really great to see.

u_neek

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Week 9 is 1-7 March, before FFXIII release date. Those sales are retailers jumping the gun in Italy...
It charted pretty high on the Swedish and Norweigan charts last week as well.

Glad to see HR holding on, too!

dolemite

MCV issue 578 reports on the video game market in Russia, as of Sept. 2009 (Ukraine not included):

PS2 -- 1.1 million
PSP -- 760k
360 -- 200k
PS3 -- 192k
Wii -- 70k
DS -- 65k

The PC dominates the market with estimated 17 million PCs, capable of gaming.
It's on page 22 of the report.

Relaxed Muscle said:
54/46...

Not bad at all, I was expecting much worse for the 360 version...,if the percentage stay around those numbers counting the rest of sales, I could easily see Versus announced for 360...

Well 360 leads in install base in the uk still by some margin and the only ff13 ads your going to see on tv have 360 splashed across them you wouldnt even know the game come out on ps3.

RpgN

ZoddGutts said:

A looooong long time ago, the early FFXIII trailers had only on ps3 or something as well. Where is your god now?!

But to be serious, in this climate where pretty much every third party game is a multi, I wouldn't be surprised if Versus will be as well and I'm sure SE would do it if they want. Let's see what kind of magic Sony has up in their sleeves and wether it's strong enough.

FFXIII did quite well but it would have been more accurate with some more numbers. I'm not surprised seeing the xbox 360 version this close with the exclusive adverts and pimping rights it has. You'd almost think it's an xbox 360 exclusive here. Brand loyalty was strong enough or the comparison version has reached a lot of gamers to affect their decision?

iceatcs

Reason I said it because it is quite rare PS3 sold more on first week from any multiplatform titles.
I can't remember what's the last time PS3 version beat 360 first week? Was it PSE?

Moonstone

Didn't DMC 4 PS3 outsell the 360 version? Don't remember for uk, at least it was the case in several european countries.

Germany week 10

Console:

01 (__) [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII
02 (__) [360] Final Fantasy XIII
03 (__) [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII SE
04 (01) [PS3] Battlefield Bad Compay 2
05 (03) [WII] New Super Mario Bros.
06 (02) [360] Battlefield Bad Compay 2
07 (__) [360] Final Fantasy XIII SE
08 (__) [PS3] Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
09 (05) [WII] Mario Kart Wii
10 (08) [WII] Wii Sports Resort

PC
01 (01) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition
02 (02) Assassin's Creed II
03 (__) Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
04 (04) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
05 (03) Anno 1404: Venedig
06 (06) Napoleon: Total War
07 (10) Die Sims 3 Luxus Accessoires
08 (09) Drakensang: Am Fluss der Zeit
09 (07) Supreme Commander 2
10 (__) Die Sims 3

dolemite said:
Versus will probably follow FFXIII's pattern: exclusive to Japan, multiplat otherwise.

Exclusivity in Japan is basically a must. Depending on how much SCE is willing to pay for the exclusivity, I think PS3 is still quite likely to get a timed exclusivity elsewhere.

Top Bottom