• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 10, 2010

noobie

Banned
Moonstone said:
Didn't DMC 4 PS3 outsell the 360 version? Don't remember for uk, at least it was the case in several european countries.

Germany week 10

Console:

01 (__) [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII
02 (__) [360] Final Fantasy XIII
03 (__) [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII SE
04 (01) [PS3] Battlefield Bad Compay 2
05 (03) [WII] New Super Mario Bros.
06 (02) [360] Battlefield Bad Compay 2
07 (__) [360] Final Fantasy XIII SE
08 (__) [PS3] Resident Evil 5
09 (05) [WII] Mario Kart Wii
10 (08) [Wii] Wii Sports Resort

PC
01 (01) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition
02 (02) Assassin's Creed II
03 (__) Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
04 (04) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
05 (03) Anno 1404: Venedig
06 (06) Napoleon: Total War
07 (10) Die Sims 3 Luxus Accessoires
08 (09) Drakensang: Am Fluss der Zeit
09 (07) Supreme Commander 2
10 (__) Die Sims 3
oh HR out of top 10 cuz of 4 FFXIII SKUs.. i wander how far it has fallen

SmokyDave

dolemite said:
MCV issue 578 reports on the video game market in Russia, as of Sept. 2009 (Ukraine not included):

PS2 -- 1.1 million
PSP -- 760k
360 -- 200k
PS3 -- 192k
Wii -- 70k
DS -- 65k

The PC dominates the market with estimated 17 million PCs, capable of gaming.
It's on page 22 of the report.
I knew there was a reason I liked the Russians. Good taste in women and handhelds.

Jokeropia

If those numbers are correct, Russia is a ridiculously small market for videogames. 142 million inhabitants and fewer systems sold than Sweden with only 9 million?

Road

UK Monthly Chart, February 2010 (Chart-Track):

01 (01) [WII] Just Dance - 172,000
02 (__) [360] Aliens VS Predator - 119,000
03 (__) [360] Bioshock 2 - 111,000
04 (__) [PS3] Heavy Rain - 86,000
05 (03) [WII] Wii Sports Resort - 73,000
06 (06) [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 72,000
07 (__) [PS3] Aliens VS Predator - 70,000
08 (02) [WII] Wii Fit Plus - 66,000
09 (04) [360] Mass Effect 2 - 60,000
10 (__) [PS3] Bioshock 2 - 49,000

Source: Enterbrain/Famitsu (found on 2ch).

January 2010

----

Little help from bttb needed, if possible. =P

Heavy Rain was launched on week 8. If that was February's last week, its total up to week 10 is 137,000.

Also, the post on 2ch has some LTDs, but for WFP, for instance, it doesn't match the added monthly figures (1,049k x 1,147k). Is Famitsu now informing that or has the person who posted the info added it wrongly (or got the LTD from somewhere else)?

Thanks.

gerg

Am I the only one who feels that NSMB Wii is somewhat underperforming in the UK? Maybe it's too early to judge...

gerg said:
Am I the only one who feels that NSMB Wii is somewhat underperforming in the UK? Maybe it's too early to judge...

NSMB Wii has sold a minimum of 730k in the UK - only 25 games this generation have broken 600k, only 11 have broken 1m - and it sold more in February than in January. The UK, and Europe in general, has never been a particularly good territory for Nintendo historically - it's been Sony and Sega before it for the most part until the Wii - and I would guess that 730k is not a kick in the face off being more than the Gamecube or N64 reached in total install base in the UK. I'd say it's doing fine :)

nli10

lochnesssnowman said:
NSMB Wii has sold a minimum of 730k in the UK - only 25 games this generation have broken 600k, only 11 have broken 1m - and it sold more in February than in January. The UK, and Europe in general, has never been a particularly good territory for Nintendo historically - it's been Sony and Sega before it for the most part until the Wii - and I would guess that 730k is not a kick in the face off being more than the Gamecube or N64 reached in total install base in the UK. I'd say it's doing fine :)

Exactly.

TV adverts over easter will see it continue to do just fine. Still not finished it yet!!

hxa155

Jokeropia said:
If those numbers are correct, Russia is a ridiculously small market for videogames. 142 million inhabitants and fewer systems sold than Sweden with only 9 million?

It's an untapped market. China is an even smaller market considering it's size and population.

spwolf

Jokeropia said:

eastern europe has a lot lower average pay than western europe, and yet, we pay more for games and consoles.

if average pay is 300-400 Euros per month, then you can hardly expect someone to spend 350-400 Euros on PS3 or 360.

Not to mention paying 70-75 Euros per game. Thats simply not going to happen.

There are a lot of gamers there though, mostly on PC. People are not used to paying for games, so even if PC games are relatively affordable with efforts to lower down their price compared to western europe, it is still easier to simply download the game. Same goes for movies/cd's. It is part of the culture/heritage where you could not purchase such work before at all and you would always get it on black market.

Article estimated 17 million "gaming capable" pc's in russia.

Majmun

Garjon said:
Yep, Microsoft bought the exclusive advertising rights for it. I'm quite surprised the split wasn't in favour of Microsoft as well. Looks like brand loyalty does matter after all.

Don't forget that the Ps3 version is better. Could also be a reason why that version is selling better.

dolemite

Road said:
UK Monthly Chart, January 2010 (Chart-Track):

01 (01) [WII] Just Dance - 172,000
02 (__) [360] Aliens VS Predator - 119,000
03 (__) [360] Bioshock 2 - 111,000
04 (__) [PS3] Heavy Rain - 86,000
05 (03) [WII] Wii Sports Resort - 73,000
06 (06) [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 72,000
07 (__) [PS3] Aliens VS Predator - 70,000
08 (02) [WII] Wii Fit Plus - 66,000
09 (04) [360] Mass Effect 2 - 60,000
10 (__) [PS3] Bioshock 2 - 49,000

Source: Enterbrain/Famitsu (found on 2ch).

January 2010

----

Little help from bttb needed, if possible. =P

Heavy Rain was launched on week 8. If that was February's last week, its total up to week 10 is 137,000.

Also, the post on 2ch has some LTDs, but for WFP, for instance, it doesn't match the added monthly figures (1,049k x 1,147k). Is Famitsu now informing that or has the person who posted the info added it wrongly (or got the LTD from somewhere else)?

Thanks.
Mass Effect 2 after 3 weeks? about 136k.

test_account

XP-39C²
dolemite said:
It most certainly isn't.
I havnt tried either the PS3 version or the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy 13, so i cant say which version that is the best from my own experience, but all the PS3 VS Xbox 360 version comparision of FF13 that i have seen said that the PS3 version looked better. Maybe there isnt a huge difference between how the PS3 and the Xbox 360 version looks, but i have read that there is some noticeable differences at least. Or were these impressions/comparsions from an earlier build of the Xbox 360 version of FF13 and not from the final build?

Iksenpets

Banned
Surprisingly close split for FF13 360 vs. PS3. If the 360 version is selling that well, Square's gotta be feeling pretty good about the decision to put it there. Didn't really think a JRPG could sell that well on 360.

Road

donny2112 said:
bttb confirmed the ELSPA months for this year a thread or two ago. From that, the last day of February was the 27th. 137K, it is! :)

Edit:
http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=20189154&postcount=56

Edit2:
Just Dance > Wii Sports Resort + New Super Mario Bros. Wii

:lol
Oh, when he posted at the time I thought he had put the months for 2009, not 2010. Must read slower haha.

bttb said:
Famitsu does not provide LTD figures. The 2ch post has added extrapolated 2009 figures to non-extrapolated 2010 monthly figures.
I should have thought of it.

Thanks, donny and bttb. =)

--------
gerg said:
I guess you can say it is underperforming compared to Japan and US. In these countries, NSMBWii is ahead of WSR and WFP:

JAPAN:
1. NSMBWii ~3.5 millon
2. WSR ~1.8 million
3. WFP ~1.7 million

US:
1. NSMBWii ~5.4 million
2. WSR ~5.1 million
3. WFP ~4.2 million

UK:
1. WSR ~1.7 million
2. WFP ~ 1.2 million
3. NSMBWii ~0.8 million

Road

Peff said:
It says the game has sold (to retailers, I assume, because the number is beastly) 618.000 units across Spain and Portugal.
That seems... wrong.

I don't think even PES could ship that much first week there.

noobie

Banned
NemesisPrime said:
That would be a 150% attach rate.

Amazing.. so can we start getting info about launch from other countries.. i think in some countries it launched on 18th and in others on 19th..

Jokeropia

hxa155 said:
It's an untapped market. China is an even smaller market considering it's size and population.
Yeah, but at least part of Russia is geographically close to Scandinavia. Still, maybe I shouldn't think of it as a western country in terms of development and culture.

manzo

RpgN said:
FFXIII did quite well but it would have been more accurate with some more numbers. I'm not surprised seeing the xbox 360 version this close with the exclusive adverts and pimping rights it has. You'd almost think it's an xbox 360 exclusive here. Brand loyalty was strong enough or the comparison version has reached a lot of gamers to affect their decision?

Hell, I bought my PS3 because of FFXIII. Now I decided to honor that decision.

I've just played the Heavy Rain demo this morning, it's a lot better than I thought it'd be, the fight is quite exhilarating! Might go purchase it.

Also I don't watch much tv, so I'm not really understanding exclusive advertising rights for microsoft on ff13? so sony weren't allowed to advertise it on tv? in newspapers? on posters? or are we just talking about that ff13 360 package?

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
hxa155 said:
China is an even smaller market considering it's size and population.
That's debatable. China is already a bigger market then US in terms of PC gaming revenue, it's a bit hard to call that small anymore.

2eygkn5.png

Sweden:
Week 10, 2010

01. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
02. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PC)
03. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)
04. Final Fantasy XIII (360)
05. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360)
06. Heavy Rain (PS3)
07. New Super Mario Bros Wii (Wii)
08. Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
09. New Super Mario Bros (DS)
10. The Sims 3 (PC)
11. The Sims 3 Lyx & Design (PC)
12. Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
13. Assassin's Creed 2 (PC)
14. Counter-Strike 1: Anthology (PC)
15. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
16. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (PC)
17. Modern Warfare 2 (360)
18. Wii Sports: Resort (Wii)
19. World of Warcraft (PC)
20. Warhammer 40 000: Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising (PC)

spwolf

Fafalada said:
That's debatable. China is already a bigger market then US in terms of PC gaming revenue, it's a bit hard to call that small anymore.

is it really? Or is it because we know of some subscription numbers in china, but not in usa?

I am sure China is bigger than most countries if all revenues are properly calculated in.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ashes1396 said:
why isn't it? or are you saying marketing doesn't sell? what are saying exactly? I'm confused. :/?

Don't most multiplat games sell better on PS3 in Europe as a whole?

SappYoda said:
In Spain ads for Final Fantasy XIII were 360 only too.
I've seen PS3 branded ones too. The same ad for both, CG-only, Leona Lewis singing, 360 one showing its bundle at the end.

Its done on a country basis. For example UK must be getting an insane Just Dance promotion, but here it only had ads in December, and its never been on the monthly top10 (its been #8 in December, >#10 in January, and #6 in February in the Wii-only monthly top10).

Top Bottom