• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

Synth

I don't agree with that part after watching the 'making of' videos. I think they're doing a great job, and understand the characters just fine. Mick is just on another level.

I disagree with you on this tbh. Tom and Klayton appear to understand the characters in the way that most musicians will understand a new character or setting that they're to apply music too. It's like they could be scoring any game, and it's primarily Mick's prior influence that's leaving it mark on the rest of the sound. You never get the feeling that these are characters that they've been introduced to since way back when, like you did when Mick talked about creating music for them.

They're doing as good a job as I can imagine anyone taking over the role can be expected to.. it's just a very tough role to inherit.

KI Definitive Edition Retail coming maybe

Cj87ccHUgAAOnYR.jpg:large

.la1n

Cool, I know a lot of people like having a physical copy of their games, I bought the last one for my collection and will likely do the same here. I do lament my copy of the original KI has seen better days but no way I'm paying the asking price for nice copies on eBay.

Lomax

Hopefully a physical release will mean a sale on the digital version soon. Though I guess at the very least the physical being on the shelves means eventually there will be good sales on it. Would be funny to buy an Xbox game just to have the PC digital copy.

fernoca

Any way to get Seasons 2 and 3 only?

I have the first season, but the Ultra Edition of Season 2 (and the combo breaker one) is only sold through the Ultimate Edition; which has all 3 seasons.

NEO0MJ

nice cosplay.

In other news I just got my Fulgore and his mouthplate's paint is chipped in a pretty glaring way :(

Thing is I used a proxy to ship him to me so I'm not sure how an exchange will work when it comes to shipping cost.

splattered

Not following this thread at all sorry... But do we know who remaining characters are and when they're releasing? August isn't that far away can they actually put all final content on disc or is it just going to contain a download code for the majority of content?

NEO0MJ

Not following this thread at all sorry... But do we know who remaining characters are and when they're releasing? August isn't that far away can they actually put all final content on disc or is it just going to contain a download code for the majority of content?

Seems like we're getting general Ram at the end of this month and one more character the next month. Unless they have a surprise ninth character that's it.

I'm excited for the retail release, but...

Call me a pessimist, but uh... I hope this isn't a sign of the end in sight.

^ This. Unless they continue with a few characters after it. But yeah.. >.<

Expect General RAAM to be revealed at E3, the last character is still a mystery. Could be Eyedol or just a new character. I'm sure there will eventually be a bonus character as well down for Season 3. Possibly whatever character won the poll in which Shadow character people would like to see.

Moofers

^^ That cosplay is sweet!

Also, I'd be all over a retail copy of this. I hope they get better art on there though. Yeesh!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i'm starting to think with the no teases for last character much like RAAM... it's another guest

i'm thinking it's probably the most major guest of them all.

Memory

Raam is this month and the final unknown character is July, then there is the Shadowlords mode that could drop anytime before August.

Ryce

I'm far from the first person to suggest this, but I'm pretty sure the last character is going to be a drastically redesigned Eyedol. There seems to be a pattern to the season 3 character reveals:

New - Rash
Old - Kim Wu
New - Arbiter
Old - Tusk
New - Mira
Old - Gargos
New - General RAAM

Eyedol makes four veterans and four newcomers. Plus, it would be weird for the game to feature every KI veteran but one.

Scorpion!

I don't care what anyone says, I'd super damn excited for Scorpion in KI.

Especially seeing what Iron Galaxy could do if they got the okay to give him their own design. While the retro consists of his designs from past games. Like a TJ Combo situation, where he basically has complete outfits in his retro. :p

vg260

It's bad enough Scorpion wasted a spot in Injustice. I don't want that happening here as well. There are enough Microsoft-owned guest characters as it is. KI doesn't need to pull in an outside IP that's been done to death in fighting games. This is KI's chance to shine with original designs and flesh out its universe now that its finally getting some bigger attention. Establish the KI IP first.

Doukou

Cover art looks placeholder, seems weird to not advertise season 3.

Gargos is awesome but his punches need to be fixed. The punch's hitbox leaves a weird lasting effect that most people won't understand and feels cheap.

Cover art looks placeholder, seems weird to not advertise season 3.

Gargos is awesome but his punches need to be fixed. The punch's hitbox leaves a weird lasting effect that most people won't understand and feels cheap.

I was going to post that his portal punches do...linger, after using them. Like, you could knock somebody down, throw a "meaty" portal punch, and it would still hit them like a second after the fist disappears from the screen.

That doesn't bother me too much, but I can see some folks taking a bit to get used to it.

.la1n

Keits acknowledged that the hit box lingering after portal punches is a known issue and will be addressed in the next patch. It what makes it so easy to cheese out the AI in offline modes.

As for the last character, if it's an original character I hope they really flex their creativity like they did with Aganos (both design and game play mechanics.) If it's another guest character it would have be big enough to eclipse the other guest and nothing in Microsoft's line up of IPs comes to mind as that big.

I know people really want Eyedol but even if he did come back it would only be in name so it seems better served to just create an all new character with no ties to the old franchise to inhibit design and game play ideas.

Assuming we get a Season 4 (fingers crossed) then that would probably be the most opportune time to re-introduce Gargos and it gives them more time to brain storm on how to properly bring him back.

.la1n

Gargos is a lot of fun, I'm still finding myself not utilizing the minions enough. His move set is a lot to keep up with but in usual KI fashion it's easy to get the hang of after a short while. Can't even complain on his aesthetics, design grew on me and he has some of the best accessories in the game imo.

So I just got the PC version...since I got a new PC. Wow this game looks amazing with max settings lol. Only problem is only season one characters are unlocked...I own all of them.

Anyone know how to fix?

Memory

I thought there was a yet unspecified multiplayer mode coming too.

I think that will be part for the Shadowlord mode, I have a feeling its going to be like SF world tour mode mixed with the shadow labs. They mentioned the boss version of Gargos in the stream so I assume there will be special stages etc with modifiers, kinda like MK.

//ARCANUM

Anyone know of a way to get Steam Overlay (and Steam Controller) to work with KI on Win10? I got the game successfully added to Steam, but can't get the overlay to work. Would like to properly map controls :/

ScribbleD

The game has been crashing a lot for me lately. Anyone else experiencing this on XB1? I get through about 3-4 matches and then it crashes to the console's home menu as soon as it finds the next opponent.

Not sure what to do about other than deleting the game and reinstalling it.

.la1n

I have been having problems the last hour or so trying to play anything, including KI. Xbox live seems to be having problems but I see others playing games so *shrug* ?

vg260

The game has been crashing a lot for me lately. Anyone else experiencing this on XB1? I get through about 3-4 matches and then it crashes to the console's home menu as soon as it finds the next opponent.

Not sure what to do about other than deleting the game and reinstalling it.

Don't waste your time doing that. It's a game issue. It has happened to me and a lot of people.

.la1n

Why do the newer character's ultras retain the opponent hit vocals while the older ultras always muted everything so you could hear the beat. It's really odd. Bug?

TheMunin

Neo Member
You think we will see anything regarding Shadow Lords during E3 or just General Raam? Kinda been waiting for the single player mode to be honest, good way to waste some time when I have it.

Top Bottom