• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

Doukou

Got to Ready to start but Shadows mode is moved to single player now.
Yes finally got him downloaded. Announcer sounds weird for him

Sweet they updated music select to match release date instead of the nonsense before.

Well, General RAAM is the additional grappler character that I wanted KI to get ever since Season 1. He's a big bodied character who does real beefy damage.

He doesn't quite have the range of Thunder, because a lot of RAAM's normals are extremely stubby. However, his other tools make up for that, I think. His P command throw does great damage, and leads to his OTG stomps(which can be combo broken). He has a great anti-air with his crouching HP. His Kryll "poison" mechanic is also scary. He's awesome, I'm glad he was added to the game.

Doukou

Well, General RAAM is the additional grappler character that I wanted KI to get ever since Season 1. He's a big bodied character who does real beefy damage.

He doesn't quite have the range of Thunder, because a lot of RAAM's normals are extremely stubby. However, his other tools make up for that, I think. His P command throw does great damage, and leads to his OTG stomps(which can be combo broken). He has a great anti-air with his crouching HP. His Kryll "poison" mechanic is also scary. He's awesome, I'm glad he was added to the game.

He's so fun to play.
Not to mention his kryll swarm is a great way zoning tool in a sense as it will force opponents to come after him instead of making RAAM initiated everything.
Also best instinct visually in the game.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Oh man you guys are hyping me up..I have to wait two days for my TV, if it wasn't 65 inches I'd go get it myself.

Bakemono64

Neo Member
SL arena?
US31l4A.jpg

So there's no way to open a combo with Kryll Rush? That seems meh.

I guess you have to rely on your DoTs. They do seem pretty powerful. Also, holy shit at this Instinct. That has to be the most nuts effect for an Instinct so far.

Raam seems awesome so far. I love his throws and his charge is awesome. I wish he had more than one opener and linker though.

I need the 'how to play this character' youtube video now, haha.

I think applying DoTs and turtling will be pretty effective with RAAM. Your opponent is going to be desperate to get it off so it should be easy to bait them into a mistake that way.

Doukou

thanks, i'm poking around now :D

i'm not going to watch the endings, but why would they put those in this update? lol
Given the size of the update. I imagine it's mostly done and will out before next update so they will have a smaller update in between that will unlock it.

Seriously, Raam is awesome. Im so glad that both Arbiter and Raam are so good, like legitimately, good fighting game characters that are diverse and interesting.

Fuck KI is SOO GOOD!! Im mostly a 3D fighter kind of guy, like Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive and Virtua Fighter, but since season 1 KI has proven itself to me as a way better fighting game than it ever should have been. KI is probably my favourite '2D' fighter of all time, no joke.

I love this game!!

Give me Shadow Orchid, Shadow Lords, Stages for all the characters, and Season 4!

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
A close range fighter with a grab and armored moves. Kinda surprised by no ranged attacks at all.

I called it earlier in the thread and RAAM might be Zangief with a big knife and Kryll. Pretty much what he is.

I don't like Zangief but I'm loving RAAM. He's just different enough to make him cool.

Man, RAAM's Instinct is so insane. If you get a lockout during it it's pretty much the full bar no matter what.

Edit: Well, taking him online he doesn't seem very good which is probably why he's built for so much burst. So far I've run into one RAAM that had some ridiculous stomp combos but other than that he seems incredibly easy to stuff and keep on the defensive unless he spends shadow. That said though, I've already done a few 80+% combos during Instinct so I dunno how to evaluate this character lol.

webkatt

So what is up with the weird high brightness on the main menu/character select screens. Once I get in-game it looks a lot better. Maybe a bit of black crush but nothing too bad.

General RAAM is good fun if you've got the pressure on your opponent, but he's absolutely crippled by Glacius and Kan-Ra, in my experience. I just don't know what to do when they're counter-picked.

The real thing that ensured I'll only ever play him as a joke is that RAAM has one opener and linker. It's painfully easy to read when your opponent is going for a combo. I only ever got combo'd by him when I misread his fake stomp and got locked out (and even then, I broke it before he had the time to build up any damage at all).

His whole schtick seems to be "get Kryll on the opponent", but they're such telegraphed moves that I had a hard time landing the charge or the grab without getting a faceful of fireball.

Tips? RAAM feels really, really weak. Almost a joke character. I love the curbstomping, though; that feels so perfectly Gears.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Yeah it certainly looks a lot more in depth than I was expecting, I'm pretty excited to try it out. I think the card collecting is a great thing for this game..as long as it's not riddled with microtransactions..

NEO0MJ

Heh, Shadow Lords showed up for me a bit but then quickly disappeared when I went back to the main menu.

As for Raam, he seems a bit awkward. Seems like Emergence is a good anti-air/Reversal and I like that he can cancel some moves with Kryll Shield.

Top Bottom