• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

Memory

So someone has and is playing Shadow Lords..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/killerinstinctonline/permalink/10154443966920967/

Edit: Looks like they took it away from him after he streamed it lol.

hmmm this looks much better than I expected. Seems like it's pretty close to being finished based on that video.

yo that looks awesome

i really wonder how many modifiers there are and how many cards one can acquire

Yeah it certainly looks a lot more in depth than I was expecting, I'm pretty excited to try it out. I think the card collecting is a great thing for this game..as long as it's not riddled with microtransactions..

Can anyone post a summary for us at work with archaic restrictions? Thanks in advance.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Actually, when I started the game up after the patch, Lords of Shadow mode was available from the main menu. When I clicked on it I got the message "your beta access has expired". Back at the title screen, Lords of Shadow vanished entirely from the list.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Can anyone post a summary for us at work with archaic restrictions? Thanks in advance.

you buy decks with KI gold (micro transaction) or with shadow points (HEY A USE FOR SP!)

you then get cards, characters, whatever

so in this one deck, he got something for his barracks (no idea about this at the moment), a modifier for vampirism which gives a chunk of health back on an ender with a cool down, a consumable which gave him invulnerability for like 10 seconds after pressing taunt.

so when he goes to this mission... he selects his character and any cards he wants to burn (not sure if vampirism is consumable or not) and then he can play the match or let his shadow do it.

The enemy he was facing was fulgore, which had a modifier to steal shadow meter if his shadow moves hit... his eyes were green and had green effects

then after the match you earn some loot

Dinjoralo

Dang, RAAM is pretty crazy. He's the straightest grappler in the game, next to everyone that can do combos much better than him, even Thunder.

Shadow Lords looks friggin' dope! I can't wait for that to be unlocked for everyone, hopefully that'll be soon!

And a random thing I noticed; they redid the performance test fight. I guess balance changes made it not work like it did earlier.

Shadow Lords sounds great, but if it is already in a playable state, I really wish they showed it off at E3. If they touched on that alongside the RAAM reveal, it would have really boosted enthusiasm for the game across the board.

Nori Chan

Early impressions of Raam guys? It sounds to me that he won't be tournament viable and is low tier from what I hear from you guys. Hope that's not the case :/ I want every character to be viable and played in the tourney scene

Memory

you buy decks with KI gold (micro transaction) or with shadow points (HEY A USE FOR SP!)

you then get cards, characters, whatever

so in this one deck, he got something for his barracks (no idea about this at the moment), a modifier for vampirism which gives a chunk of health back on an ender with a cool down, a consumable which gave him invulnerability for like 10 seconds after pressing taunt.

so when he goes to this mission... he selects his character and any cards he wants to burn (not sure if vampirism is consumable or not) and then he can play the match or let his shadow do it.

The enemy he was facing was fulgore, which had a modifier to steal shadow meter if his shadow moves hit... his eyes were green and had green effects

then after the match you earn some loot

Ooooh thanks that sounds very nice indeed.

NEO0MJ

Early impressions of Raam guys? It sounds to me that he won't be tournament viable and is low tier from what I hear from you guys. Hope that's not the case :/ I want every character to be viable and played in the tourney scene

He seems very slow and predictable. Only one Opener and linker, and their use has restrictions that makes them easy to read. Doesn't help that he has only one set of autos, as in, no punch or kick variations. Range is rather limited as well despite the blade.
Making the best of his Kryll gimmick seems key but that will take some time to understand.

Keits

Developer
RAAM is very, very strong.

I get that, because KI hasn't had a focused, true grappler yet that some people are confused by his gameplan.

Hint: It isn't do a bunch of combos.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah, I don't get the RAAM is Weak talk, lol. I think the lack of Autos and linker send a pretty clear "This is not your main concern!" message out.

Most OTG / Followups in this game are single button (Cinders re-stand, Tusk's Leaping stab, etc). RAAM actually has a mixup for his OTG, and one leads into flipout that barely gives you any time to react to his next throw, and can be done mid-screen off a variety of options.

He's a character that DESTROYS people up close, but he has a poison that forces you to actually NEED to get close to him. And once you get anyway near close, he has a pretty smartly designed dashing throw that re-applies the D.O.T, so even if you jump out of the throw mix-up, you're taking the risk of being AA's and having D.O.T on you while getting reset into a mixup...

I wanted a more focused grapple alt to Thunder since S1, and everyone's been fun, but less Grapple than he. Now RAAM is MORE grappler than him, but on the character I probably care the least about in the game, lol. He's an entirely different rhythm, even than Arbiter and Aganos, and it'll be nice to see if this particular style will be embraced well by players. The concept is very cool, but you need players to actually show it WORKS in the wild.

Doukou

He's probably the most different gamelay on the cast. He's more about fooling the opponent and with the way the instinct works you can get massaive damage. But his instinct is more deadly with grapple since your opponent can't make any heads or tail of his foot stomps.

vg260

Yea, I have no idea what I'm doing with him. Some other players were using him online and I got caught in some disgusting stomp tricks.

Doukou

so I just got broken when i went Opener->Ultra?

With RAAM or anyone else?
While it never happened to me, i would think that its part of the rule where you can't cache out a combo without one set of autos.
If its only RAAM then it might be a glitch specific for him.

With RAAM or anyone else?
While it never happened to me, i would think that its part of the rule where you can't cache out a combo without one set of autos.
If its only RAAM then it might be a glitch specific for him.

RAAM, so maybe it is a bug. I'm trying to get a video.

He's probably the most different gamelay on the cast. He's more about fooling the opponent and with the way the instinct works you can get massaive damage. But his instinct is more deadly with grapple since your opponent can't make any heads or tail of his foot stomps.

I keep thinking this for every new character, allowing for pronoun changes :p

Probably a good sign.

UA Bass is playing RAAM right now on his stream, and he's really showing how powerful he can be. The corner pressure with RAAM's kicks is especially insane (and you know how much Bass likes corner pressure)

.la1n

I am really enjoying RAAM, it feels good to have a traditional style grappler in the game. His theme is also the only one I have liked outside the launch characters. Good stuff.

Sydle

Shadow Lords looks great! I wonder why they didn't show it off yet?

Also happy to see MS putting up $100K for tournaments. Should help drive a little more interest from the FGC.

derFeef

Downloading a 17gb patch on PC and then the store just fails to install again and again, it's frustrating. *heads back to XBO* Thanks MS.

Marvel

could never
RAAM is very, very strong.

I get that, because KI hasn't had a focused, true grappler yet that some people are confused by his gameplan.

Hint: It isn't do a bunch of combos.
Initially I wasn't feeling him. But after spending some time working things out, he seems pretty dangerous.

bman94

After completely hating Tusk and Gargos I expected to hate RAAM but damn he just became my new favorite. He's so brutal and menacing in all his moves I love it.

vg260

I just noticed the previous Shadow Lab mode is gone for now, so with that and the big patch, I'm expecting we hear more on Shadow Lords in the next few days, and maybe even get a release this week.

hwalker84

This fighting game is truly amazing. I really want to congratulate Iron Galaxy for coming in after another developer made a game that has no business being as good as it was and taking it to the next level. It's incredible how every character has a purpose. Everyone feels unique. All the guest characters feel like the were meant to be in the game. Not just throw anyways with minimal effort. Keep up the great work. If this is the last season of KI Iron Galaxy went out with a bang and I'll highly anticipate their next work. If we get a Season 4 I have full confidence in this team. Great job guys whether you read this or not!!!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I just noticed the previous Shadow Lab mode is gone for now, so with that and the big patch, I'm expecting we hear more on Shadow Lords in the next few days, and maybe even get a release this week.

Adam said on UC in regards to shadow lords being talked about: "The week is not over yet, is it?"

TheMunin

Neo Member

Shadow Labs isnt gone. Its in the single player menu now.

Top Bottom