• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Week Until E3: What's your most anticipated re-release (remaster/hd-version)

If Sony got the IP, I would like a Crash Trilogy HD remaster with CTR.

Other than that, I would like a Remastered version of Demon souls since I have never played it.

FF XII & FFXIII Trilogy

nHSU8Vv.gif

Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster has been a strongly-held desire of mine for a long time. Nearly bought a Japanese PS2 and the International Zodiac Edition from Play Asia some years back, because I have always wanted to try playing the game with the Job Grids -- I was already trying my best to make my characters fit archetypal job roles anyway, but it never seemed to be quite perfect.

Nazo

A remaster of Skyrim with mod support for consoles would be awesome.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 remasters would be excellent.

Red Dead would be cool too.

BioShock
Max Payne 3 w/MP (no chance)
LA Noire (no chance)

I don't want Mass Effect because I have no self-control and would plat them all again and I don't want that time sink in my life.

Tapejara

I just want some version of Crash 1-3 + CTR that's playable on PS4.

I also really want Square to put out a Drakengard 1-3 + NieR Collection.

Oh yeah, and a PS4/PC version of 3D Dot Game Heroes.

XanaviF30

Ridge Racer through Ridge Racer Type 4 (and everything between including Rave Racer and Rage Racer).

Man, if this were to happen. I'll be happy with just a Rage Racer remake.

Zeta Oni

Lost Odyssey & Blue Dragon Remastered Double Pack
Knights of the Old Republic I & II Remastered
The MechAssault Collection
Advent Rising HD
Otogi 1 & 2 HD

NahaNago

FF8 or FF9 remake would be nice. I would also like a megaman legends remake. Those are the only remakes i want. Maybe a tony hawk 1 remake as well or cool boarders.

Malyse

Kingdom Hearts Collection for XboxOne
Ha ha ha.

Me. Often said:
Xenosaga Trilogy
Fold in story elements from Xenosaga The Animation, Pied Piper, I Reloaded, Freaks and Xenosaga I&II to give the most complete Saga game to date. Reworked gameplay of the engine from three (to make I and II less of a slog). Direct connection from Xenogears to Xenosaga. Standardized voice acting and character models. And the coup de grâce? New Ultimate Bosses including cameos from Xenoblade characters as well as a direct story link from Saga to Blade!

Spectrobes Trilogy 3D
Xenoblade shows that a Wii Game can run perfectly well on 3DS, so let's run with that. Let's port S1-3 to 3DS as Spectrobes Trilogy, and converting 1 and 2 to play like Origins. Since Disney is working more closely with Square Enix nowadays, let's have the development duties handed off to SE so they have use the Dream Drop Distance engine (which would be a nigh perfect fit).

Kingdom Hearts Re:χ[chi]
Four player co-op, mission structure, multiple costumes, create a character. Either pick one of the 11 different keyblade wielding styles that have been shown thus far or tie the wielding style to the keyblade itself. Big and unwieldy? Terra style. Two handed grip? Eraqus style. Short and speedy? Ven style. Two big blades? Valor style. Two light blades? Roxas style. Make the abilities item drops with a trading system. Let us pick classes too. So a mage would be play like Aqua, a tank would be like Terra and a DPS would be like Ventus. Make the mission structure like Days and give me the keyblade evolution of chi. Toss in some character trees to customize my character. For example, one tree leads to the ability to use drive forms, which you would have fight specific enemies to unlock (defeat X heartless with magic for Wisdom, X heartless with the keyblade for Valor, unlock Wisdom and Valor and defeat X enemies while used them to unlock Master, etc). One tree leads to keyblade transformations. One tree leads to limit breaks a la days. One tree leads to style changes. One leads to a redone overclock system. And you can switch between a KH1, KH2, and KH3D/BBS/re:coded magic systems. Story line is the plot of Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]/Unchained χ
c0b8c2dcbed7e59924e8d77a8acf6636.jpg

SoulUnison

Banned
I still need Final Fantasy XII HD - Zodiac Job Edition.

I'm looking at a new computer around the end of this month, though, so either Square gets 60 bucks from me and I play it on (hopefully) Steam, or I dig out the PS2 disc I've been sitting on replaying for almost a decade now and just emulate the bejeezus out of it.

Similarly, if there's an HD Remaster and they don't give us the option to invert the camera controls this time... Nope. I'm out. I'll emulate it where I can remap the camera stick on a system level.

-Ryn

Banned
I just need to see some FFVIIR footage. The wait is a long one.

I'm hoping we will see a Kingdom Hearts master collection or Demon Souls remake though.

Ushay

This is the only one I want. This and this alone.

Alright I also want a KOTOR remake. Like a proper super duper remake of KOTOR 1 and 2.

Just those two.

Unless they wanted to remake Jade Empire as well.

Just those three.

Unless etc etc

Bonus answer: I never played the Bioshock Infinite DLC, so I want that announced soon as I'd love to.
Damn son. I'd drop good money for a true KOTOR remake. Loved those games.

Other than that I am pretty much done with last gen.

Tntnico

-Banjo-Kazooie remastered with VR mode (like diorama platforming)
-Donkey Kong Country 2 HD - UbiArt powered

DrunkDan

Ideally I'd like Curse of Monkey island and Dragon Quest VIII in glorious high definition for my PS4.

Not going to happen though unfortunately.

I'm talking about anything that is a re-release of something old, on current gen hardware. Anything from the same game on modern resolutions to a proper re-make is accepted.

For me it's Mass Effect HD Collection. All I need is all the DLC and games for ~ $50 with full controller support.

Would be perfect on X1, PS4 and PC.

If they do this on PC, I'll buy at that price in a heartbeat.

The money's on the table, EA...

bryanee

Shenmue 1 and 2 are the only answers.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mass Effect Trilogy and Infamous 1/2 re-masters as well.

Bioshock Collection....it exists come on fam
-----------------------------------------------------
Crash HD Collection (expecting this over a new game but hey, how bout both)
Demon's Souls Remastered
MX 2002 Featuring Ricky Carmichael - REMASTERED (even if I'm the only one that buys it)

spliced

Mario 64 probably deserves it the most. Fix the camera and update the visuals to restore the GOAT back to it's former glory.

Tell me that they put full stop on GTA expansion content. Just add a new 50-100 hour Liberty City / Vice City adventure to the current formula.
I dont want to wait 5 years on a new GTA when this one is great. Give me a whole new campaign and new missions and let it connect with GTA 5. You have the engine and technology, just build more content.

I'd buy and play Halo Master Chief Collection for PC if they did it justice and made it work good (no bugs finding games). I think it could have a good shelf life on PC. There is a spot open on PC for something different in the FPS genre. Same with Destiny.

sn00zer

Playstation Classics Collection

$30 titles released quarterly featuring Ratchet and Clank PS4-like remakes of

-Crash Bandicoot amalgamation/reboot that draws from all PS1 titles
-Parappa 3 rhythm game by Harmonix and Studio Japan
-MediEvil short adventure beat em' up game
-Ape Escape by Sanzaru

Byvar

From a while back:
  • The Elder Scrolls collection (at least everything from Morrowind on, though if it isn't too hard for them to include Arena and Daggerfall as well, that would be nice)
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 on PS4
  • Shenmue 1+2
  • Xenosaga
  • Skies of Arcadia
  • FFXII (they already announced a FFXII x Mobius collaboration so the remaster announcement can't be far off)
  • Tales of collection (they trademarked "Tales of the Best", that looks like it will be the collection I want)
The demand is there for all of those, so get to it!
But yes, I mostly just want new games.
The bolded ones are the ones that I really, really want.

macgoeszoom

Neo Member
I would love a Elder Scrolls IV and V remaster. I also would love to see a release of ICO and shadow of the collosus. I know the second two have already come out on a collection, but PS2 classics release would work too!!

Top Bottom