• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'm kinda bummed out since all this shit leaked. There better be some huge surprises in there that were on need-to-know basis because DR Remake, AOE, and Battletoads aren't exactly huge zomg megatons.

Chris1

I'm kinda bummed out since all this shit leaked. There better be some huge surprises in there that were on need-to-know basis because DR Remake, AOE, and Battletoads aren't exactly huge zomg megatons.

There's gotta be something else. Phil said they're doing something never done before which we don't know of yet. There's also those 2 features Ybarra said was bigger than BC, but maybe they tie in with what Phil said aswell.

Unless you're talking games, then yeah idk, I said it before they have too many games coming out this year/next that we know of already, it's gonna be hard to fit even more games in.

thuway

I mean there's nothing to be bummed about. You come to see the gameplay. The megatons , if they happen, are icing on the cake. Microsoft's E3s tend to be solid and have a healthy dose of gameplay, so there's that.

JaggedSac

There's gotta be something else. Phil said they're doing something never done before which we don't know of yet. There's also those 2 features Ybarra said was bigger than BC, but maybe they tie in with what Phil said aswell.

Unless you're talking games, then yeah idk, I said it before they have too many games coming out this year/next that we know of already, it's gonna be hard to fit even more games in.

Can you link me to Phil saying that?

harSon

Banned

If the rumors are true, then all of the game related leaks are known quantities since they're the result of parsing through code. So if there are any new IPs or stuff that's just way out of left field, then stuff like that will have gone unspoiled.

Zedox

I think a solid lineup of games is just what I need. I mean, we always have games come out and announced and stuff...but I wanna be happy about all the games coming out. Devs had enough time with the systems nowadays where the games should be shining. I'm hoping for good things by the Xbox team regarding games that are coming out this year. I want some new IPs (2 is fine with me) to be announced and the rest, gameplay gameplay gameplay.

They say that every year and it's usually nothing to do with games and it's things like production, broadcast, participation/interactivity or maybe the TV stick, that kind of stuff. Ybarra did say they have other things cooking he considers on a par with BC but that might be from a technical stand point rather than consumer benefits, he was pretty vague about it on the podcast I heard him on a while back.

Still excited to see what either is though :)

Dovahking

Updates on previously announced titles.
-Gears of War 4
-ReCore
-Sea of Thieves
-Halo Wars 2
-Possible new Halo/Halo 5 DLC
-Scalebound
-Cuphead
-New KI characters

rumour/ announcements
-Battletoads
-Dead Rising 4
-State of Decay 2
-Forza Horizon 3
-Possible new Forza spin off
-Age of Empires V
-New Hardware

+Third party stuff
Dishonored 2
Battlefield 1
Titanfall 2

Yeah, it's a very solid lineup !

blakep267

The suprise is the actual gameplay. I don't care about knowing what's gonna be there mom interested in seeing what Recore, SoT and the gears SP is. And of course more scalebound

I don't think they reveal two zombie game and two Forza games at the same event. I also don't think we see AoE, reckon that'll be at the PC show.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The suprise is the actual gameplay. I don't care about knowing what's gonna be there mom interested in seeing what Recore, SoT and the gears SP is. And of course more scalebound
That's true, none of us know how Recore looks like in gameplay. Pumped for that!

RoKKeR

I feel you there. It's going to be a great conference, and we will finally get a lot of details and dates on the titles they have previously announced. That's actually what I'm most excited for. It really is an incredible looking lineup, and it looks like many of them are coming soon.

I'm sure they will have a few surprises for us, I just hope they don't leak beforehand. We know too much already.

I feel you there. It's going to be a great conference, and we will finally get a lot of details and dates on the titles they have previously announced. That's actually what I'm most excited for. It really is an incredible looking lineup, and it looks like many of them are coming soon.

I'm sure they will have a few surprises for us, I just hope they don't leak beforehand. We know too much already.

It's best to avoid threads revolving around E3 when it's I close. Things leak every year. Luckily, somethings still remain a secret ;)

I agree, if the gameplay is not there or some corny ass trailer is showed, then what's the point?

Bsigg12

They've probably just figured out a new way to get the car on stage for the FH3 reveal.

That new Lamborghini is gorgeous.

2017-Lamborghini-Centenario-LP770-4-1022-876x535.jpg

Zedox

AOE will probably be announced at the ms conference with gameplay at the pc conference

I agree. I think that if they want to show people that they are serious about PC gaming that they need to have it at the forefront of their press conference. I'm looking forward to it.

daTRUballin

So did anything come of that Conker portion of the rumor?

Nope. Doesn't look like it. It's possible it could be a Conker game outsourced to a different developer since the rumor already says Battletoads is being worked on by Rare specifically. It would make sense, but I doubt it.

despite how much I would love a new AoE, I agree, there isn't much to be expectant, specially since MS seems to drop their RPG initiatives. Now it seems hard to believe that last gen's biggest RPG was a MS project.

Leflus

despite how much I would love a new AoE, I agree, there isn't much to be expectant, specially since MS seems to drop their RPG initiatives. Now it seems hard to believe that last gen's biggest RPG was a MS project.
Fable still has huge potential imo. It's a shame they shut down Lionhead without even giving them a chance to make Fable IV or a Fable (RPG) reboot. :(

Are MS doing a Gamescom stage show this year?

If they are then some games are obviously going to be held back until then. In recent years it's been more the Euro developed games.

Chris1

Honestly , this is pure PR.
They same the same thing every year
Since Phil took over I don't think so.

2014 they said they were focusing on games, they did that.
2015 they said they had a big focus on first party, they did that
2016 said they're doing stuff never done before, I'm confident they'll do that aswell. But there's plenty of things they haven't done before so that's kind of a vague statement in itself. Could be referring to mid-gen upgraded console hardware, or digital reselling for 10% that leaked, etc.

http://www.icxm.net/x/next-forza-game-called-forza-horizon-3-not-borat-joke.html

RUMOR: Next Forza game may not be called Forza Horizon 3

Take this with a grain of salt.

Sounds like a reasonable progression of what the other Horizon games were, but if they manage to perfectly capture PGR-like technical styling on more defined city courses while also offering the RSC experience combined with the excellent freeform driving evolved in FH2, this might be my dream racer. Wish they would just make completely fictional locations to be fully-focused on serving the game with all the climate zones and types of terrain for maximum variety, though.

SpartanN92

Banned
So by this point Halo 2 Anniversary was the worst kept secret in the industry. Anyone think H3A is happening?

Historically MS has announced the anniversary titles at E3 the year of release (2011,2014) so I know we are a year early but they did do Gears Ultimate a year early.

Honestly my dream scenario is they recreate the Halo 3 Finish the Fight trailer with their shiny new graphics at this years E3. 2017 release date fully optimized for Scorpio but also Xbone compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom