• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

bomblord1

Banned
With a customized CRT-Royale (more specifically crt-royale-kurozumi) that you can find here :
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=1175621#p1175621

untitled10jvg.png

untitled2pikun.png

Probably the best Trinitron BVM emulation out there.
Once the game is loaded in Retroarch you need to load up the shader preset called crt-royale-kurozumi.cgp found in shaders\shaders_cg\cgp\ and there you go for scanlines heaven
(I did turn Integer scaling on in the Video settings, I guess it's better for CRT-Royale...)

Looks like a PC98 game pretty cool. Great scan line shader as well.

bomblord1

Banned
So I kind of impulse bought this and decided to rip the wii version really reminds me of early sonic adventure games in tone and gameplay. Camera is a pain in the butt though with only the wii remote.

sroens-13vub1o.png

sroens-22qasyv.png

sroens-87us3t.png

naitosan

With a customized CRT-Royale (more specifically crt-royale-kurozumi) that you can find here :
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=1175621#p1175621

untitled10jvg.png

untitled2pikun.png

Probably the best Trinitron BVM emulation out there.
Once the game is loaded in Retroarch you need to load up the shader preset called crt-royale-kurozumi.cgp found in shaders\shaders_cg\cgp\ and there you go for scanlines heaven
(I did turn Integer scaling on in the Video settings, I guess it's better for CRT-Royale...)
Wow that's actually pretty amazing. For some reason it won't work for me. I have video set to GL, using latest RetroArch (1.3.4) so any ideas?

I bring you the greatest love story ever created by Squaresoft. In their prime, don't doubt it.

26832960874_eed0491176_o_d.png

Totally underivative character design here.

27370411491_7cda3fc0b3_o_d.png

And the real Bouncers of The Bouncer.

27343181992_887d5c2574_o_d.png

Bonus game nobody cares about.

27409870806_f6598b3485_o_d.png

27372217891_9ed0564c7e_o_d.png

bomblord1

Banned
Is PPSSPP still the best PSP emulator?

Because I just found out how freaking easy it is to get digital PSP games onto a PC and am wanting to try one I just bought.

Is PPSSPP still the best PSP emulator?

Because I just found out how freaking easy it is to get digital PSP games onto a PC and am wanting to try one I just bought.

Yea it is. It's made crazy strides within the last year and a half. I haven't come across a game tested on my own that hasn't run flawlessly, and it's been doing this for months now. Really incredibly good emulator.

bomblord1

Banned
Yea it is. It's made crazy strides within the last year and a half. I haven't come across a game tested on my own that hasn't run flawlessly, and it's been doing this for months now. Really incredibly good emulator.

Awesome Thanks cant wait to try Summon Night 5

bomblord1

Banned
Is this gaming using Live 2D? I'm pretty sure this is Live 2D
npuh10198_000034rr6j.jpg

npuh10198_000049zq30.jpg

npuh10198_00000b6svb.jpg

Regardless it up scales gorgeously and is somehow only 300mb. I played around with some different texture filtering and found this preferable to none.

bomblord1

Banned
So uh any way to force a ppsspp to render in a certain aspect ratio? I just tried to play a game on my ultrawide and found fullscreen just stretches the image to hell and back. I can't find any setting in ppsspp to maintain aspect ratio either.

bomblord1

Banned
You can never have too much Mario Galaxy 2:

These are in the new Ishikura build with rim lighting. These shots don't show it off very well, but the effect suits the game really well.

While the rim lighting looks really cool it seems to have disabled the games lighting engine everything looks flat? The fresnal shader at least is definitely gone.

bomblord1

Banned
Are there any 21:9/ultrawide mods out? Upgrading my monitor so I think it'd be cool
Specifically Xenoblade

In a lot of cases just set the aspect ratio to "fit to window" and full screen it. You'll probably get some noticeable pop in this way though as the game will cull items outside the FOV to save resources

here's a list of AR codes for GC games that this doesn't work for
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc-ar-codes-for-16-9-21-9-60hz

And here's a link to some codes which will disable culling so that things outside the normal FOV will render in 21:9
https://www.reddit.com/r/DolphinVRcullin/

Daedardus

How does one rip ROMs from games they own?

For Wii, Wii U, DS and 3DS it's super easy. You just install homebrew on the system and it puts the image on an SD card or hard drive for you. I think it works the same for other PlayStation systems and doesn't require special hardware. PSX games are even copyable just by inserting them into your disc drive, iirc. Other cartridge based system require special adapters, but they aren't actually hard to find or expensive.

kromeo

Ps2 you can just copy and paste the files straight from the disk and use any free program to create an iso from them, You don't actually even need to copy them, the emulator will let you play straight from the original disk. I guess ps1 is the same

bomblord1

Banned
For Wii, Wii U, DS and 3DS it's super easy. You just install homebrew on the system and it puts the image on an SD card or hard drive for you. I think it works the same for other PlayStation systems and doesn't require special hardware. PSX games are even copyable just by inserting them into your disc drive, iirc. Other cartridge based system require special adapters, but they aren't actually hard to find or expensive.

Ps2 you can just copy and paste the files straight from the disk and use any free program to create an iso from them, You don't actually even need to copy them, the emulator will let you play straight from the original disk. I guess ps1 is the same

PSP digital games can be downloaded straight from sony to your PC using their media manager tool and a free program to extract the iso from the package.

bomblord1

Banned
Does anybody here have any recommended settings for PCSX2 with a high end rig?

Should I leave it at 4:3? Is there anyway to do widescreen without stretching? What kind of graphics settings should I be aiming for when targeting crisp 1080p visuals?

Specs are 3970x (oc'd @ 4.6ghz) GTX 980 (OC'd) and 32gb ram.

Every game is different really there's no recommended default. A lot of games require specific hacks to get to work correctly as well in the graphics options. Best recommendations is to use the latest version. I usually do 4x IR and I have a card comparable to yours. No need to keep it at 4:3 only some games use it but turn on the auto widescreen patches if you keep it at 16:9 (sometimes you need to disable that for games that only work correctly in 4:3 like Ar tonelico)

Daedardus

Does anybody here have any recommended settings for PCSX2 with a high end rig?

Should I leave it at 4:3? Is there anyway to do widescreen without stretching? What kind of graphics settings should I be aiming for when targeting crisp 1080p visuals?

Specs are 3970x (oc'd @ 4.6ghz) GTX 980 (OC'd) and 32gb ram.

With those specs it's never a question. Just blow it up to whatever you like and you reach diminishing returns eventually. If a game runs poorly, it due to the nature of the game and specs won't do little for it.

For example, I can run many Dolphin games at 6xIR with 8xAA, and PS2 games should be no different.

bomblord1

Banned
Let's find out:

I don't see a change. Mario's model and the mushroom are the only places you can see the rim lighting in effect, but it's pretty hard to notice from this distance.

Hmm they both look broken to me as the background lighting looks completely flat I wonder if it's broken in dolphin altogether. You aren't using per pixel lighting or some other kind of enhancement are you? Maybe it just looks like that in the original and I'm mis-remembering

Nerrel

Hmm they both look broken to me as the background lighting looks completely flat I wonder if it's broken in dolphin altogether. You aren't using per pixel lighting or some other kind of enhancement are you? Maybe it just looks like that in the original and I'm mis-remembering

I was using per-pixel, but I tried disabling it too and it still made no difference. I think you're misremembering... Dolphin is extremely mature at this point and emulates so well that a major effect being broken would be a big deal. At the very least, it would be documented on the wiki page of the game if it were broken.

mdzapeer

I have been playing around with CRT shaders, Lotte's CRT (sweetfx) shader is the one I really like but feel can do better. The biggest problem is that there is no way to use the same shader between applications. Goal is to get the cleanest image IQ without the backgrounds looking like a mess. Remember to view them in full screen in new tabs...

This is with the FF7 PC verison:

CB9E7CCE45B1F6D210D85618C5084CA2B595886B

013E43A7DF1FFD1D99AA04858E6AE42AAC9B39C1

This one is more matching the Low res PS1 output, it works better with PS1 native res emulation but the PC version the text gets garbled since its for higher resolutions.

341FEB2F1072D31172F9D4B79E0280DCB5EA3C98

69EABEE2B6C1FBB40B7CAEEA9B96F325F75BF474

Shenmue with SSAO
Demul (gpuDX11old plugin)
Reshade (MXAO)

It's not usable at all though, I can't even show the actual SSAO blended with the source image as the proportions/aspect ratio don't match. Besides the depth buffer is glitchy in that emu.Nothing I can't do without looking at the source-code of either Reshade or Demul and... Of course both are closed-source !
But I thought the shots were kinda cool anyway...

Either way if you're curious, here's the Reshade.fx used :
http://pastebin.com/XemDWwpg

I also just found a fantastic thread over there at assemblergames to hack widescreen into Dreamcast games :
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/widescreen-hacks.58620/page-20#post-853891
And the method for injecting these codes into Demul/NullDc with Cheat Engine :
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=49228&start=45#p1121389

EDIT : request for native postprocessing submitted in the DEMUL official forum :
http://www.emutalk.net/threads/56184-Post-processing-SSAO-Support

Haemi

Too dark, not enough glow.

Why are you using a snes9x? Retroarch with the bsnes core will actually give you proper sound emulation in Yoshi's Island.

Actually never heard of Retroarch before. And it's more about the shader. It's the first time ever for me to program one.

Increased the brightness and added glow to the shader:

Found a bug and replaced the picture.

Top Bottom