• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2010 NBA Playoffs Thread of Free Tractors = NCAA Violations, Apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Alright, some backstory first. Our freshman year in college, a bunch of us decided to Facebook friend a bunch of college basketball players that year. Collectively we got Erik Devendorf, Mike Conley, Brooke Lopez, Robin Lopez, etc. So guess what Phoenix's own Robin Lopez's status was today?
Out of Africa isn't on dvd until *next* week?? ahhh i can't wait that long...
Now this isn't even the best part. This was in the comments to this status.
Ariana L*******: yes, and breakfast at tiffany's. but seriously, am I ever going to see you again?"
Robin Lopez: hmmm in an month or so?"
Glad to see Robin Lopez has high hopes for his squad. :lol

The Crimson Blur said:
:lol :lol :lol

Craig Sager haunted hotel segment

:lol :lol :lol

How the fuck does this show not win an Emmy, every year?

How?

ecnal said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

what the fuck is going on @ TNT

Only the consistantly greatest show on television.

Not debatable.

woodchuck

I can't believe I paid money to go to that abomination of a game. Spurs outhustled the mavs all games. They couldn't get a fucking rebound. And fucking Richard Jefferson. when did he learn to play basketball again. Argh.

Oh well. last year we lost game 2 in a similar fashion. Mavs in 5.

Branduil

woodchuck said:
I can't believe I paid money to go to that abomination of a game. Spurs outhustled the mavs all games. They couldn't get a fucking rebound. And fucking Richard Jefferson. when did he learn to play basketball again. Argh.

Oh well. last year we lost game 2 in a similar fashion. Mavs in 5.
Never go to a Mavs game again.

TylerD

MiamiWesker said:
Just wanted to say that Inside the NBA is the best sports show on TV. I love these guys. I am still laughing about that Sager segment.

This is yet another reason why the playoffs are so great. More Inside the NBA!

Jeff-DSA said:
OKC will be extremely fired up for game 3. A young team in front of an energized crowd, they'll play really hard.

I agree.

If there is a game for them to get, it's this one.

I actually expect them to get this one.

But if they don't...it's a wrap on this series.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
3 days rest in the playoffs is excruciating!! I want to see the Jazz hopefully pull out another one and shoot it all in the face of the Thuggets. :)

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Branduil said:
Carlisle may be the worst coach in the history of basketball.

My, how quickly you have apparently forgotten Avery and Nellie.

I'm sure the players will eventually get this coach run out of town too, though. Eventually fans need to realize the anus is on the players to fucking play basketball. The game was there for them to take over on more than one occasion tonight and they decided to play like pussies and try contested jumpshots or try to Ginobli it up and flop trying to create contact and draw a foul. Not to mention no hustle whatsoever save a couple plays.

Still extremely confident in a Mavs series win. It's almost expected that there will be a couple of home losses in this series.

giri

If you fucking mav fuckers don't beat the fucking spurs i hope dirk demands a trade. We went for the third seed so that you could knock out the spurs, and we didn't have to play the lakers untill kobe has shot him self into a hole he can't get out of.

Don't you fucking dare lose the series. Fuck the spurs.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I hope the Spurs win and then lose to Phoenix in the semi's. A revenge fuck of epic proportions would be awaiting Phoenix in LA. If there is a just and loving God this will happen.

Apparently Bynum sat out practice today... *sigh*

The Knicks also found out that their first-round draft pick that will go to Utah because of the Stephon Marbury trade will have only a 2.2% chance being the No. 1 selection. The result came when the Clippers, who finished with the same 29-53 record as the Knicks, won the tiebreaker. If the draft order holds in the May 18 lottery, the Jazz would get the No. 9 pick. The Knicks have two second-round picks, Nos. 38 and 39 overall.
Didn't know Clips won the tiebreaker. Enjoy your three-point shooting center Utah.

Puddles

Banned
Forceatowulf said:
I hope the Spurs win and then lose to Phoenix in the semi's. A revenge fuck of epic proportions would be awaiting Phoenix in LA.

Oh God, yes. Too bad Tim Thomas isn't on the team anymore.

Puddles

Banned
Yeah, I thought the game was over. I was even pouring the shots to celebrate. All of my housemates (I lived in a massive house that year in university) were watching it on a big screen. One fucking rebound. Then we would have had the Clippers and then the Mavs. And we had done well against the Mavs that year.

Only good thing to come out of all that was that it eventually led to Mitch pulling the trigger on the Pau trade.

Puddles said:
Yeah, I thought the game was over. I was even pouring the shots to celebrate. All of my housemates (I lived in a massive house that year in university) were watching it on a big screen. One fucking rebound. Then we would have had the Clippers and then the Mavs. And we had done well against the Mavs that year.

Only good thing to come out of all that was that it eventually led to Mitch pulling the trigger on the Pau trade.

The worse part is, I was at Game 4 too for the Kobe Game Winner.

Talk about going from the highest high of 3-1 to the lowest low of 3-3 going back to PHX.

Puddles

Banned
What made it even worse was that Game 1 was very winnable. The Lakers could have ended the series in 4 or 5.

Phoenix that year (for the Lakers) was like one of those videogame bosses where you basically have a limited amount of time to win before it goes into god-mode and destroys you (Game 7 =( )

Puddles said:
What made it even worse was that Game 1 was very winnable. The Lakers could have ended the series in 4 or 5.

Phoenix that year (for the Lakers) was like one of those videogame bosses where you basically have a limited amount of time to win before it goes into god-mode and destroys you (Game 7 =( )

Just shows how real Kobe has always been. Love that ball player, I swear.

Shadow780

Puddles said:

Not to mention the Finals, Shaq and Kobe, would've done wonderful ratings.

But then we did get bicycle.jpg.

masud said:
We're soooo winning the lottery. I've already accepted it.

Donnie.png

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Tom Penny said:
Now that's a bold prediction.

Channeling their inner Magic Johnson

"If the Lakers win 4 games their won't be a 5th one!"

KingGondo

Banned
Going to the game tonight. Home court + fired up fans + ghosts = assured Thunder victory.

I paid too much damn money for this ticket for them not to get ONE win...

bionic77

If Kobe is too gimped to repeat it would be delicious seeing the Spurs knock off LeBron in the finals AGAIN. It isn't going to happen, but the ESPN response would be worth it. Skip Bayless' dick would literally explode with joy.

bionic77 said:
If Kobe is too gimped to repeat it would be delicious seeing the Spurs knock off LeBron in the finals AGAIN. It isn't going to happen, but the ESPN response would be worth it. Skip Bayless' dick would literally explode with joy.

Honestly man, I know it's sketchy, but I think Orlando is better than the Cavs, Cavs are better than the Lakers, but Lakers are better than Orlando. If we can make it through the West, we'll take it all.

KingGondo

Banned
chaoticprout said:
Honestly man, I know it's sketchy, but I think Orlando is better than the Cavs, Cavs are better than the Lakers, but Lakers are better than Orlando. If we can make it through the West, we'll take it all.
Lakers were better than Orlando last year, but not now. The Magic are so much deeper and they have the size to match up with the Lakers really well.

Not like we'll get a chance to find out, considering the Thunder have this series locked down.

fml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom