• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV delayed to November 29 - Confirmed

Neoxon

So they are basically delaying it because they have a substantial patch and while they could release it at the former release date in its current state, they want everyone to have the patched game, even those without Internet.

Hey, can't say I'm disappointed. That's looking out for all your customers.

Though it would be a shame if the game had a bad performance even when it gets the patched version.
I guess that makes sense, & I actually kinda appreciate it. I'm already running out of hard drive space on my PS4.

catmario

61WjiQ8l.jpg

But I understand this.

Mifec

I'm not hoping for a PC version this year, but I assume Gamescom will have plenty of softening :p

Yeah I have no illusions about that, it was just a joke between me and Ghost since we both think not having a sim release is gonna cost them a lot of cash.

reKon

Banned
No problem. Have been busy as shit this summer and even if I wasn't busy with work, I wouldn't be doing much gaming anyways.

Hugstable

Banned
yay now I only just need to buy Dragon Quest and Trails of Cold Steel 2 in September. They can delay it more if they wish :3 (its joke)

artsi

So they are basically delaying it because they have a substantial patch and while they could release it at the former release date in its current state, they want everyone to have the patched game, even those without Internet.

Hey, can't say I'm disappointed. That's looking out for all your customers.

Though it would be a shame if the game had a bad performance even when it gets the patched version.

Yeah. And I think the video was pretty nice explaining the situation.

I dunno why people would expect a 2017 delay after this, he said the game is done and this is just polishing. A team of 300 can do a lot of polish in 2 months.

ubercheez

I've exhausted my hype to such an extent for this game that this delay barely registers. I'd rather them release a product they're happy with, so whatever. Delay away.

I'm fine as I wasn't craving for the game and will get round to it eventually. A shame they announced the delay so close to the original release date.

duckroll

Summary of the Tabata statement from the video:

- FFXV went gold the other day, and that was planned to be the version they ship on Sept 30.
- That version of the game will be playable at Gamescom, and they are cutting a 30 minute gameplay video to be released on Aug 16 showcasing the performance of that version.
- They planned a massive Day One Patch for the game which would further polish the game and fix lingering issues.
- But they have decided that instead of pressing the current gold master and delivering a day one patch, they will instead wait and use that completed version as the final gold master.
- Hence the game will be delayed to Nov 29, but they will be adding even more stuff on top of the planned fixes of the day one patch.

tl;dr - The game is delayed because they believe not everyone has internet connectivity and they don't want them to be left out of the perfect FFXV experience when the game ships to stores.

eXistor

Christ. This, Gravity Rush 2, South Park and Dead Rising all in 1 week. Goddammit, the original date was perfect for me.

Ceravic

Time to delay my vacation 2 more months. Oh well, hopefully GameStop offers some sweet trade in deals for PS4 > Neo. Tabata, I still love you, boo.

I dont really know what they can do in just two months, but if it gives us a better optimized product I'm all for it.

Really looking forward to the August 16th gameplay video.

Lusankya

Persona 5 fans know this feel and at least it's only two months instead of 9 months!
Although I doubt they did it just so fans could play the game without downloading a day one patch.

- FFXV went gold the other day, and that was planned to be the version they ship on Sept 30.
- That version of the game will be playable at Gamescom, and they are cutting a 30 minute gameplay video to be released on Aug 16 showcasing the performance of that version.
- They planned a massive Day One Patch for the game which would further polish the game and fix lingering issues.
- But they have decided that instead of pressing the current gold master and delivering a day one patch, they will instead wait and use that completed version as the final gold master.
- Hence the game will be delayed to Nov 29, but they will be adding even more stuff on top of the planned fixes of the day one patch.

tl;dr - The game is delayed because they believe not everyone has internet connectivity and they don't want them to be left out of the perfect FFXV experience when the game ships to stores.

Nice!

Falcs

Banned
Good! This game was going to make waiting for the neo hard for me since I don't own a PS4 yet. The closer it's released to the neo the better.

Jack cw

I'm starting to think that all this was basically the plan all along.
They kept FF15 in peoples mind, in the media for a whole year and it's getting even more attention. Pushing it back into holidays isn't that bad either.

At least the game is finished now, so extra polish, a possible NEO mode better framerate is ok.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

which is something a lot of gaffers should love..I mean there are so many complains every time a big D1 patch hits. Looking out for the fans and making sure your retail version includes the big d1 patch so even if the servers every go down you can re-play the game with it.

Munba

2 only more months for optimizing is never a bad thing. I understand them about to release it in the best state possibile after all this time.

The whole "games are good when they are delayed" is complete bullocks though. Remember Watch_Dogs? Remember Duke Nukem? Remember Mighty No. 9? Delays mean the product's having trouble coming together and they need more time. It should more be like "Games are slightly less unfinished when they are delayed."

Sure let's go with that.

artsi

Tabata is seriously a humble AF dude. I'm ok now with waiting a bit more. Also 30 min of footage can hold me too.

The way he's delivering the bad news can't really be hated. He wants to deliver the best possible product and I respect that, despite wanting to play the game ASAP.

Yeah I have no illusions about that, it was just a joke between me and Ghost since we both think not having a sim release is gonna cost them a lot of cash.

At this point, I'm just hoping the wait wont be more than 6 months :")

The whole "games are good when they are delayed" is complete bullocks though. Remember Watch_Dogs? Remember Duke Nukem? Remember Mighty No. 9? Delays mean the product's having trouble coming together and they need more time. It should more be like "Games are slightly less unfinished when they are delayed."

You're getting the quote wrong though. It's a delayed game can eventually be good. Which is true. Think of how these games woudl've been if shipped before.

duckroll

What's this day one patch people are bringing up and why would it take 2 months to apply?

Okay let me explain it this way:

- Last week they finished the master copy of the game. This would be the version that goes to manufacture right now to produce the millions of discs they will need by Sept 30 to have in retail stores around the world.
- While that is being done, the team planned to continue working on polishing the game up and fixing bugs to have a Day One patch ready on Sept 30 by the time the game ships.
- Instead they will be applying that patch before manufacturing discs.

Pretty sincere sounding video message. Can't say I'm mad at them for not wanting to ship a potential wreck.

Looking out for the console owners without an internet connection is pretty considerate, especially with day one patches being the norm these days.

Go_Ly_Dow

Thanks babe.

Top Bottom