• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

TURRET BINOCULARS Champions within enemy turret attack range now draw turret aggro when attacking enemy champions within 1400 range of the turret (turret attack range is still unchanged at 775)

could someone explain this one to me? If the turret attack range is 775, what happens between 776 - 1400 range from the tower?

Championship Zed confirmed, Championship Riven coming back to the store with updated textures

Original owners of the skin get a special version with a loading border, an in-game crown and a exclusive ult particle. That's actually pretty fucking dope

Strange way to celebrate two of our draft bans being confirmed for us.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not really the direction I wanted for Yorick from a visual standpoint. I really liked the rot and decay aspect of the hobbled over gravekeeper. Riot says nobody wants to be that...but changing the identity of the character to something more stoic just leaves something really sterile. Trundle went through something similar, but at least he gained more with the theme of frost on the other side. I enjoyed that Yorick was some ghoulish creature that looked half ready to keel over. It tied him more closely to the ghouls and helped sell their power as something dangerous. The concept of a commander style character with minions at their bidding overlaps with Azir in a bad way, and visually the drab uniform blue is exceedingly dull. Not that the Shadow Isles champs can't see some thematic style they share, but it just feels like too much with how Karthus and Hecarim are.

Leezard

TURRET BINOCULARS Champions within enemy turret attack range now draw turret aggro when attacking enemy champions within 1400 range of the turret (turret attack range is still unchanged at 775)

could someone explain this one to me? If the turret attack range is 775, what happens between 776 - 1400 range from the tower?

Currently, if you stand under an enemy turret and attack an enemy that is 775 range outside of their own turret, the turret will not aggro you. This happens when you are strong and force the enemy behind their own turret.

Now, if you do that the turret will aggro you.

I think it's supposed to mean if you attack someone outside of turret range then start a dive you'll get aggro immediatly after entering turret range as opposed to when you get a first attack in?

Edit - Nvm, see above

Ketch

Is swain a good mid? I have vlad now and he seems OP, but I'm thinking I need two in each position. I need another mid and another support besides Leona.

drawkcaB

Super pissed about the Ekko nerf. That'll hurt jungle Ekko way more than in either lane. Riot needs to stop fucking around and remove an aspect wholesale from his kit.

zkylon

zkylewd
Super pissed about the Ekko nerf. That'll hurt jungle Ekko way more than in either lane. Riot needs to stop fucking around and remove an aspect wholesale from his kit.

ekko will get reworked for sure

he just seems like he won't ever get balanced in his current state

Fracas

#fuckonami
This isn't any new insight, but I feel Ekko's problem is he has so few weaknesses. He's durable, he has insanely high base damage, he's mobile, he has cc, he has cheap and reliable waveclear/harass, all with a get-out-of-jail-free ult. I don't know what he's supposed to be bad at.

The design team needs to look at how they want to see Ekko be played- his kit just does not function the way it was intended to. I don't think it's a matter of changing numbers, either. I personally would like to see his shield changed or removed while doubling down on his skirmishing or all-in potential.

drawkcaB

ekko will get reworked for sure

he just seems like he won't ever get balanced in his current state

I honestly don't think he needs it. He feels like Thresh used to. I guarantee that doing something like completely removing the shield from W and adjusting everything else in the kit would do the trick. Unfortunately Riot has conditioned everyone to think that any time a champion is remotely an issue, it needs a rework. Reworks are meant for champions that don't have enough "balance levers" and can't be put in a good place. That's not Ekko's problem.

Ekko definitely needs to have a clear shortcoming

That is

He's strong in alot of things. Initiation, escaping, CC, tanking, damage, it's actually ridiculous.

But in removing one of those aspects, they would have to rework a skill and possibly his kit to take it out. IE if you remove his initiation, then that's looking at changing his long range slow/stun, and his little blink strike.

I honestly don't think he needs it. He feels like Thresh used to. I guarantee that doing something like completely removing the shield from W and adjusting everything else in the kit would do the trick.
That's basically a rework lol

His W and ult are utterly bloated, Riot needs to choose whether they want him to be an assassin or a tank because he sure as hell can't be both with the amount of mobility he has.

zkylon

zkylewd
I honestly don't think he needs it. He feels like Thresh used to. I guarantee that doing something like completely removing the shield from W and adjusting everything else in the kit would do the trick. Unfortunately Riot has conditioned everyone to think that any time a champion is remotely an issue, it needs a rework. Reworks are meant for champions that don't have enough "balance levers" and can't be put in a good place. That's not Ekko's problem.
well i'm not saying something like yorick, i'd say probably keep all the spell types and most of the functionality, just be really liberal about numbers and maybe extra function (like u say remove the shield or whatever)

but i've heard rioters say they see ppl really like his "brawly" style more than his assassin style so maybe they'll change him in that direction

drawkcaB

but i've heard rioters say they see ppl really like his "brawly" style more than his assassin style so maybe they'll change him in that direction

I don't know a single person who's ever said that. Smells like Riot inferring that from the most popular builds. Better yet, they've never really made his assassin builds fully viable, so how would people know in the first place?

It's sad to see another situation where an overloaded kit gets simply nerfed instead of having something removed. The attack speed removal on Lee Sin's E, the removal of the allied armor buff from Jarvan's E, and the removal of team wide shield on Thresh's W (all champions who "did everything well" at the time) went further to putting them in good spots than any previous nerf had.

Ideas to balance Ekko, in no order:

Remove the shield from W.
Remove the slow from W.
Add a very short indicator just prior to W bubble becoming active so players get a chance to flash/blink/dash out.
Increase the "lag time" on ult and/or remove the damage portion entirely.
Remove the heal from ult.

Ekko has way too much incentive in his kit to build tanky.

Reivaxe

Hope they make the Eve rework as interesting as these past few.

Too bad they don't seem too interested in doing her anytime soon :/

Hope they make the Eve rework as interesting as these past few.

Too bad they don't seem too interested in doing her anytime soon :/
Actually she's high on the priority list for a full rework after the current 2. I'd say it's very likely she might get one in 2017.

I actually like Yoricks new story.

He's a good guy who has to become corrupted in order to fight against evil that threatens what he wants to protect, and he has a constant 'conscious' calling out to him.

It's great. That's probably one of my favorite tropes to explore.

Edit-

Nice. So he's kinda like Azmodan in that he can summon pets, and if they're in the jungle they'll sorta follow him, but once he crosses a lane, they start marching down.

That's actually scary for jungling, because he can proxy push just by jungling.

Currently, if you stand under an enemy turret and attack an enemy that is 775 range outside of their own turret, the turret will not aggro you. This happens when you are strong and force the enemy behind their own turret.

Now, if you do that the turret will aggro you.

ah. so like if an enemy is 800 units away from you and you are under tower with a group of creeps and you attack them (say with a Jhin W or Ashe ult) you currently won't get tower aggro? I didn't know that.

Slow but very efficient. Could b good!

it is none of those three

but that's all I will say

Victorious Jayce? Thx fam you shouldn't have!
goodjob.gif

Kenai

Yorick looks pretty good to me. Voice is like an angel too.

Since I have issues I immediately analyzed him for potential support play. With a current health nuke, some CC and some utility i will definitely try it, though I do not expect the results to be the best.

it is none of those three

but that's all I will say

My vote will be for Ekko. he's been relevant all season in multiple roles despite multiple nerfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMwjil5leng

lol

Yorick's waifu loves turrets more than him. Could Riot possibly make the ult toggle while it's active? Just simple stuff like "Follow Me" and "Stay Here."

Hm

You'd think that they would let him control her with R, seeing as she's an ult.

.....actually yeah that's stupid, since that system already exists for Annie, Morde, even Leblancs clone.

AND THE SKILL GOES ON COOLDOWN AGAIN WHEN SHE DIES? THE FUCK IS THAT

I'm watching the video, and the cooldown at 23 seconds reverts to 130 seconds. That is incredibly stupid if it's not a bug.(That might be a glitch though? Because the 2nd time in that video he uses the Maiden, the skill doesn't go on cooldown and only becomes faded)...

...either way they need to let the cooldown tick down while the Maiden is active, because you can't control her. And because Annie/Mordes ult works like that(IIRC on the morde part). So for a non-controllable pet, it should tick down.

Y'know, right when I think Riot nails a rework, there's stupid stuff like that bogging it down.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
at least rito is considering some kindred buffs, but probably not enough to pull them out of the gutter where rito trashed them

Hm

You'd think that they would let him control her with R, seeing as she's an ult.

.....actually yeah that's stupid, since that system already exists for Annie, Morde, even Leblancs clone.

AND THE SKILL GOES ON COOLDOWN AGAIN WHEN SHE DIES? THE FUCK IS THAT

I'm watching the video, and the cooldown at 23 seconds reverts to 130 seconds. That is incredibly stupid if it's not a bug.(That might be a glitch though? Because the 2nd time in that video he uses the Maiden, the skill doesn't go on cooldown and only becomes faded)...

...either way they need to let the cooldown tick down while the Maiden is active, because you can't control her. And because Annie/Mordes ult works like that(IIRC on the morde part). So for a non-controllable pet, it should tick down.

Y'know, right when I think Riot nails a rework, there's stupid stuff like that bogging it down.

Actually the cooldown thing is 100% intended. The maiden lasts forever, its health doesn't tick down and it's not on a timer. It will eventually die because turret will prioritise it, but you could make it last a really long time. If you could then almost immediately summon another one, how would that be fair? It would be straight up oppressive. The cooldown only going down after it dies is intended so that opponents know when it dies they have a window where Yorick's not a pushing god.

As for control, why do you need to control it? This thing is made to push lanes, and if you're in a lane it'll do its job. Plus that control stuff for pets never works particularly well. It doesn't feel good.

Basically, conscious design choices that I 100% agree with.

Actually the cooldown thing is 100% intended. The maiden lasts forever, its health doesn't tick down and it's not on a timer. It will eventually die because turret will prioritise it, but you could make it last a really long time. If you could then almost immediately summon another one, how would that be fair? It would be straight up oppressive. The cooldown only going down after it dies is intended so that opponents know when it dies they have a window where Yorick's not a pushing god.

As for control, why do you need to control it? This thing is made to push lanes, and if you're in a lane it'll do its job. Plus that control stuff for pets never works particularly well. It doesn't feel good.

Basically, conscious design choices that I 100% agree with.

Sure, in a bot game it can push forever until it's prioritised.

But lets look at it realistically. The Spectre is a glorified minion. She can be shot down by an opposing champions damage(Assuming the spectre has no resistance since none is listed) quite easily. She starts out with what, 800 HP or so? That's 300 HP more than a minion.

Does she take AoE damage? Does she prioritize champions? Will she retreat? Does she just sit there when being attacked? Does she have a base resistance or take full damage? None of that info is in her description.

Anyways, she starts out with 700 HP, and some slightly more HP based on Yoricks Base/Bonus HP?

So you have a pet, with a little bit of HP that can't be controlled, that can presumable be targeted by enemy heroes. So with no resistances, the maiden will die incredibly fast.

I'm sure if your opponent is braindead and lets the Maiden sit there, she'll be incredibly powerful. But with a few hits and skills, she'll die incredibly fast.

She'll only work in games where the opponent willfully ignores her. I want there to be a splitpushing champion, but one that you have no control over is weak. Incredibly weak.

drawkcaB

Just did some testing on PBE, a 3 camp (krug-red-blue) on jungle Ekko is essentially suicide now. It's possible to do but you're left with little health and getting caught in a countergank, or worse and more common have the laner fuck up the gank, is way too risky. A 4-camp non-buff clear is still good and will probably be the go to clear on him. A full 6-camp initial clear is possible, but I would never dare do it against any competent counterjungler.

Goddamit. How hard is it to simply add the bolded:

At 3 stacks, Z-Drive Resonance is consumed to deal 20 - 190 (based on level) (+ 80% AP) magic damage to the target (+20 damage to monsters)[...]

Doesn't even have to scale in any meaningful way, he just needs help clearing pre-4 and it would have zero impact in any other role or at any other time in the match. Riot's given former jungle champions specific, targeted jungle buffs in the past, why not do this too? Speaking of his passive, Riot could fully remove the slow on it if they want to unload his kit, so there's another idea for a tangible nerf to put the whole kit in a better spot.

EDIT: Holy shit I just read the patch notes and Vi is about to become pick/ban.

Top Bottom