• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Newt

Ghost and I are just going into pre-30 blinds and just picking up toxic players LOL.

Edit - Found a toxic support main.

Ketch

Ghost and I are just going into pre-30 blinds and just picking up toxic players LOL.

Edit - Found a toxic support main.

Are you saying the toxic shit gets better when I hit level 30?

Cuss there's some issue pretty much every game.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Are you saying the toxic shit gets better when I hit level 30?

Cuss there's some issue pretty much every game.

half of sub 30 games are trolls, people who have banned accounts, and "smurfs", so it gets much much better after you're done wtih the stupid prolonged grind rito has in place

half of sub 30 games are trolls, people who have banned accounts, and "smurfs", so it gets much much better after you're done wtih the stupid prolonged grind rito has in place

And if you're playing on maps that aren't SR / rotation, 80% of them are just bots. I've had games where everyone else were bots.

drawkcaB

So Warwick is next? Sweet, I own that champ. How long does it normally take?

My money is on Riot trying to get him ready in time for the Harrowing (Halloween event) but Riot won't push it either if he isn't ready. But the timing works super well since old champion total reworks have been occurring every 3 months or so.

Ketch

Well that's reassuring, but I e already got like 100 games and I'm only lvl 20.

zkylon

zkylewd
wait

Threaded Volley (Q) no longer deals 50% extra damage to minions.

what?

this is the worst thing ever, we're back to maxing e first and (probably) her being absolute shit again

i understand taliyah was op but look at this nerf list

Mana growth lowered to 50 from 60
Base Mana regen lowered to 1.2 from 1.4
Mana regen growth lowered to .16 from .17
Unraveled Earth (E) trap damage lowered to 80/100/120/140/160 from 80/105/130/155/180
how about showing some moderation, wtf

taliyah is op but she's not azir

make it 33%, idk

something

meanwhile giving ori an average base mana stat was considered way too much

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
wait

what?

this is the worst thing ever, we're back to maxing e first and (probably) her being absolute shit again

make it 33%, idk

something

just nerfing another shurima champ into the ground, nothing to see here

drawkcaB

The whole LCS money issue shitfest between Riot/Regi/Monte/Thoorin is the first time competitive LoL has been interested in ages. Give'em hell boys.

Talents

Banned
wait

what?

make it 33%, idk

something

meanwhile giving ori an average base mana stat was considered way too much

Holy shit that is actually ridiculous.

clemenx

Banned
I doubt that ALL of that makes it to live. 1st day of pbe is always ridiculous.

They shouldn't take away the wave clear tho.

zkylon

zkylewd
i guess i should be expecting syndra nerfs now

rylais is built on every single strong mid but it's still untouched btw

and actually it might be too late to nerf rylais since next patch is worlds patch and if they nerf rylais they nerf all the strong champions

except they're totally gonna do that anyways

The whole LCS money issue shitfest between Riot/Regi/Monte/Thoorin is the first time competitive LoL has been interested in ages. Give'em hell boys.
i like it cos everyone looks stupid in that conversation while everyone having a point at the same time

reginald has a point that patches are really stressful for players and teams cos one wrong patch can kick your team out of competition. he chooses to do this with really bad examples like a 20 year doctor having to learn that uh medicine is different? the basketball analogy doesn't work either cos competitive league is by definition a game about adapting to changing metas, while basketball is not

he also dodges the question about franchising (which is probably the thing he actually minds and the thing that benefits small teams a total of 0) while never explaining why it's so risky to invest in league aside from there not being any investors in the challenger scene so if you have a bad split you're donezo. which is kind of true i guess but i'm not sure that if riot let the challenger scene out to its own devices it'd be any better?

but the stuff he talks about riot not increasing team salaries is super valid specially if he mentions things like riot being super dickish about sponsors like he claims. i understand g2a but cmon.

then marc merril made a fool of himself and dodged the real claim here that is that riot doesn't pay teams well enough. and he could've done like a class act thing of like, "hey, we hear you team owners, we're gonna review the money thing for next season" and all would've been perfect. they have to raise it ofc, but hey, it's riot, they have money

montecristo i feel like at this point has very little creditibility after how shady everything about relegades was and how he has a clear bias against riot that i just can't take seriously anything he says. reginald is someone that i believe to be a ton more impartial and money-driven while montecristo just kind of looks like he hates riot. he probably has more than enough reason considering some of the stuff that surfaced about how riot did the whole relegades thing, but i still can't help but think that even without riot's help that team was doomed from the start

thorin i just have better things to do and can't spend entire days listening to longwinded hockey tangents

back on the patch stuff, i totally get where reginald's coming from, but i also think it's safe to say that this year has been a huge improvement on last year's (didn't take much effort lol), being pretty transparent on the patch schedule and also making way smaller scale changes. yeah the whole turret thing is disrupting and it hurt a lot teams that knew how to abuse lane swaps the most. but it also made the game a ton more fun to watch and teams got a bunch of patches to practice under those conditions

it probably should've been sooner, but progress takes time, and it's progress from last year's worlds nightmare

Taliyah was op no doubt.

So they made a buff and removed it the next patch hahaha lol.
Holy shit that is actually ridiculous.
it makes absolutely no fucking sense lol

I doubt that ALL of that makes it to live. 1st day of pbe is always ridiculous.

They shouldn't take away the wave clear tho.
yeah, i know that's gonna be the case, i just find it insane that they put all of that at once

personally i think the e nerf and q to 33% are gonna tune down her waveclear a lot, which is great cos she had viktor-grade waveclear before

does she also need to have like really bad mana regen?

what is going on lol

Yeah. IMO, Riot should stop being so enclosed and end LCS being such a closed closed circuit. When you have multiple team owners coming together and saying 'Yeah we're barely scraping by' and even TSM, which is probably the most profitable of all teams, saying that there's something wrong with Riots current system, then there's something wrong.

Like, it baffles me that Valve is able to have huge prize pools for their finals, whilst not restricting a teams ability to earn money, whilst earning money themselves through the compendium and team related paraphernalia that is sold(Which is greater than what Riot offers with team icons). And I'm sure Valve still makes money that way.

And Montes argument that LCS is really just and advertisement for the game itself is an interesting take on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

So reading up on Yoricks values and what not, the Spectre does seem pretty potent in the mid/late sections of the games. The numbers finally got posted on S@20, and she has 700/1500/3000 health, with a decent scaling attack. It's alright I suppose for what its supposed to be. I'm just spoiled by a similar ult in HotS, Monstrosity, which is a creature that pushes a lane that gains health/attack per minions killed, and can be controlled(At the cost of being able to help allies).

killatopak

Gold Member
I like last year's worlds.

Everyone was like WTF!? at every time an OP champ was played. I loved it. It was my first worlds.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah. IMO, Riot should stop being so enclosed and end LCS being such a closed closed circuit. When you have multiple team owners coming together and saying 'Yeah we're barely scraping by' and even TSM, which is probably the most profitable of all teams, saying that there's something wrong with Riots current system, then there's something wrong.
i would like to hear from more than montecristo and reginald to say "multiple team woners"

i feel like all these opinions should be taken with a grain of salt

except maybe marc merril's who's opinion should probably not be considered at all lol

Like, it baffles me that Valve is able to have huge prize pools for their finals, whilst not restricting a teams ability to earn money, whilst earning money themselves through the compendium and team related paraphernalia that is sold(Which is greater than what Riot offers with team icons). And I'm sure Valve still makes money that way.
prize pools matter little, very few people get affected by prizepools, while every team gets affected by subsidies

subsidies are awesome, they help all of esports, not just the same 10 teams every year

just give better subsidies, done

also maybe allow sponsors on your league so you can pass that money on to teams

ezpz

And Montes argument that LCS is really just and advertisement for the game itself is an interesting take on it.
that's true for every esport, i always said that

heck, dota ti6 isn't even an ad for dota, it's an ad for steam

drawkcaB

My love for jungle Tahm Kench softens the blow from the jungle Ekko nerfs. Volibear learned the hard way that in melee v. melee fight, fat ass fish always wins.

iamblades

i would like to hear from more than montecristo and reginald to say "multiple team woners"

i feel like all these opinions should be taken with a grain of salt

except maybe marc merril's who's opinion should probably not be considered at all lol

prize pools matter little, very few people get affected by prizepools, while every team gets affected by subsidies

subsidies are awesome, they help all of esports, not just the same 10 teams every year

just give better subsidies, done

also maybe allow sponsors on your league so you can pass that money on to teams

ezpz

that's true for every esport, i always said that

heck, dota ti6 isn't even an ad for dota, it's an ad for steam

How is this the case when there wasn't a single Steam or Valve logo anywhere on any of the broadcasts or at the event?

Well actually there was one Valve logo I found, on the inside of the secret shop bags. Now if you argue that TI is an advertisement for dota hats, that is closer to the truth, especially with the new AR hero stuff this year, but Valve does a pretty good job keeping TI strictly about Dota.

As for the LCS drama, I don't think you need to take Regi or Monte at their word, all you have to do is look at the sponsors in esports to realize that there are not millions of dollars in sponsorships out there. Non-endemic sponsors are yet to commit to esports in any major way, and there are no where near enough endemic sponsors to support the number of league teams there are, especially when you consider these same sponsors also target other games.

This would ordinarily be fine, players would just not make as much money, but with all of the outside investors that are trying to claim a spot for when the non-endemic sponsors do commit, player salaries are artificially inflated at the current time.

You can verify basically everything Regi and Monte are saying with widely known or at least publicly available data. There is no way, given what we know about the esports market, that ANYONE in esports is making 'millions of dollars' from team sponsorships.

That just covers the money side of things, the patch timing issue is clearly a bad thing though. It's like if the NBA moved the 3 point line up to the high school level right before the playoffs.

Ketch

So I just played a match with some dude named "Imasianherrow" and his buddy who was spamming other racist shit in chat before the match and saying stuff like "my dad fists me every night". So haha! the internet is gonna internet, I know. I didn't even report them.

But Anyway, after we won I got an invite from some dude and the invite pop up says "This player XXX recently honored you and wants to play again". So I was like, oh shit here we go finally maybe I'll get a crew...

So I accept and go in there, and I'm like: "Sorry, I don't remember who you are" and he's like "I'm the Ashe player from the last game".... So basically, I just said thanks but no thanks, I'm not about that troll stuff. And they apologized and said over and over no troll no troll.. But I said verbatim "I'm sure you guys are decent people in real life, but you should be decent online too. If you want to make friends you shouldn't act that way." and I left.

I know it's cheesy or whatever, but hopefully (but more likely probably not) I might have maybe convinced these 13 year olds to do some critical thinking and introspection.

Morale victory? Or dad mentality?
wasted breath I know

zkylon

zkylewd
man i changed my mind

invisibility is not a good mechanic

been having a really bad string of games against shacos and twitches

How is this the case when there wasn't a single Steam or Valve logo anywhere on any of the broadcasts or at the event?

Well actually there was one Valve logo I found, on the inside of the secret shop bags. Now if you argue that TI is an advertisement for dota hats, that is closer to the truth, especially with the new AR hero stuff this year, but Valve does a pretty good job keeping TI strictly about Dota.
lemme put it this way

the international is an ad for dota

dota is an ad for steam

i'm not saying any of this is bad, just being honest with how these things work

the point of dota is to get people on steam to buy games/hats/whatever, everything that gives valve money (so everything you do on steam, basically)

steam is pretty awesome, dota is pretty awesome, everybody wins. valve wins more, of course

point here is that lcs being an ad for league is not something that's unique to league

As for the LCS drama, I don't think you need to take Regi or Monte at their word, all you have to do is look at the sponsors in esports to realize that there are not millions of dollars in sponsorships out there. Non-endemic sponsors are yet to commit to esports in any major way, and there are no where near enough endemic sponsors to support the number of league teams there are, especially when you consider these same sponsors also target other games.

This would ordinarily be fine, players would just not make as much money, but with all of the outside investors that are trying to claim a spot for when the non-endemic sponsors do commit, player salaries are artificially inflated at the current time.

You can verify basically everything Regi and Monte are saying with widely known or at least publicly available data. There is no way, given what we know about the esports market, that ANYONE in esports is making 'millions of dollars' from team sponsorships.
yeah, sure, the whole "millions of dollars" line was embarrassing (tho i'm not sure if the idea of reginald being like a struggling team owner is like even worse lol)

personally i really don't care about these money fights when there's like two team owners vs tryndamere and as far as i'm concerned things generally seem to work

if teams are struggling to pay players riot should pay more money and if they don't have more money have coca cola sponsor lcs and use that money to pay em

i'm really glad that i can't even guess for the life of me what a non-endemic sponsor is

That just covers the money side of things, the patch timing issue is clearly a bad thing though. It's like if the NBA moved the 3 point line up to the high school level right before the playoffs.
i understand the point of this metaphore but it never works cos afaik in basketball the rules never change

in league rules change every two to three weeks, adapting to rules changing is a skill of playing league as much as warding and last hitting

it's annoying for players and teams so riot should time it better, but it's integral to league and i'm not gonna be against the game constantly getting better

clemenx

Banned
Equaling the changes patch to patch that LoL has to actual rule changes in Sports is pretty dumb. The scale is never that big, even in the event of last year's stupidity is never that big.

Never has a bad team suddenly started winning thanks to a patch change, nor the opposite. The most glaring case I can think of is GE Tigers falling off a bit after Cinderhulk was killed mid season 5 but even then, they remained as the 2nd best team in the world. The consensus best teams at Worlds have won pretty easily the past 3 events. An upset of the magnitude Regi speaks of in his post thanks to a patch never has been close to happening so the end result of the patch changes are being overstated.

With the new, supposedly "hugeeeeeeee" patch changes that the playoffs got the LMS, NA & EU LCS, LCK and LPL all got their top seeded teams of the regular season to the Finals, so I'm not seeing any lack of consistency or danger to competitive integrity there.

I understand that they can be an annoyance to players, coaches and teams in general but as a spectator that's really not my problem.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i think the patch part is very silly and "easy to fix" with just better timing from riot

the money part is easy, riot is wrong and super rich, so they should pay more

and tryndamere acted like a very big dumb dumb. rioters being candid is always appreciated but cmon

anyways, apparently rito's working on an official response that's not as dumb acknowledging there are problems and maybe proposing ideas to fix em
I believe the good people in eSports are putting together a response. I can't speak for them (or u/Tryndamere [+1]) but I thought I'd show up to acknowledge that we realize shit's fucked right now and that we have some things to address.
who knows

i really can't be bothered to think about money issues for money people, i just want to watch fun games

yeah i think the patch part is very silly and "easy to fix" with just better timing from riot

the money part is easy, riot is wrong and super rich, so they should pay more

and tryndamere acted like a very big dumb dumb. rioters being candid is always appreciated but cmon

anyways, apparently rito's working on an official response that's not as dumb acknowledging there are problems and maybe proposing ideas to fix em

who knows

i really can't be bothered to think about money issues for money people, i just want to watch fun games

oooh where'd that come from

Wonder what the esports team will say.

killatopak

Gold Member
So I just played a match with some dude named "Imasianherrow" and his buddy who was spamming other racist shit in chat before the match and saying stuff like "my dad fists me every night". So haha! the internet is gonna internet, I know. I didn't even report them.

But Anyway, after we won I got an invite from some dude and the invite pop up says "This player XXX recently honored you and wants to play again". So I was like, oh shit here we go finally maybe I'll get a crew...

So I accept and go in there, and I'm like: "Sorry, I don't remember who you are" and he's like "I'm the Ashe player from the last game".... So basically, I just said thanks but no thanks, I'm not about that troll stuff. And they apologized and said over and over no troll no troll.. But I said verbatim "I'm sure you guys are decent people in real life, but you should be decent online too. If you want to make friends you shouldn't act that way." and I left.

I know it's cheesy or whatever, but hopefully (but more likely probably not) I might have maybe convinced these 13 year olds to do some critical thinking and introspection.

Morale victory? Or dad mentality?
wasted breath I know

Anything that helps the community is a good thing. Might be wasted on young guys who have small attention span but it's still good.

Newt

Haha, you should add me, I'll show you the ropes of adapting to this game. The account I'm using right now is Nevvt.

Newt

"The important thing is moral choice. Evil has to exist along with good, in order that moral choice may operate. Life is sustained by the grinding opposition of moral entities."

clemenx

Banned
Fucking IP grinds man, was saving for Kled but now idk if buying someof those chromas. Are they worth it?

IP grinding sucks when you are only able to play a couple of games a day :(

Xeilyn

The person that designed Tryndameres kit should be fired, so unfun to play against.

Anyways, Yorick rework seems pretty cool but will probably be really annoying to deal with.

Top Bottom