• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rigby was Right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganmoon

I think HDR is a feature of UHD, but just because HDR is being brought in doesn't make him right. Especially when he was talking specifically about UHD Bluray disc-support from what I gathered in his thread.

HDR is not a feature of UHD, you can have UHD without HDR (lots of TV's are like this), and you can theoretically have HDR without UHD as well, though I'm not sure if any manufacturers have made screens that are 1080p and HDR yet.

He was not right. This is ridiculous.

Gator86

What the hell are you talking about? Rigby claimed the OG PS4 would be able to play UHD Blu-rays. It can't!

It has nothing to do with HDR lol.

But memes! And pointless tech rambling thread derails! People love Rigby's garbage schtick for some reason.

Paganmoon

I think HDR is a feature of UHD, but just because HDR is being brought in doesn't make him right. Especially when he was talking specifically about UHD Bluray disc-support from what I gathered in his thread.

HDR is not a feature of UHD, you can have UHD without HDR (lots of TV's are like this), and you can theoretically have HDR without UHD as well, though I'm not sure if any manufacturers have made screens that are 1080p and HDR yet (or ever for that matter), but still, HDR is not a feature of UHD.

He was not right. This is ridiculous

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
He wasn't right, HDR and UHD Blu rays are not the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom