• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned
Are there any issues with the latest nVidia drivers? I have a 970 and GeForce Experience has an update but I'm wary of doing so due to the issues that people have had in the past.

The latest graphics drivers are 372.70, and these are fine. However! Geforce Experience (not the graphics drivers, just the Experience app) has an update, and people have been having issues with this. Installing the full 372.70 driver shouldn't install the new Geforce Experience update, so you should be fine if you head over to http://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx and download it through that page.

fantomena

Both my USB 2.0 cable and my Xbone controller are broken. :( Need to get a new one ofboth tommorrow.

However, Im kinda considering an Xbone Elite controller, but not sure.

I finished Danganronpa yesterday. The story and the characters are cool, but boy did the mini-games during the trials annoy me. In the last trial the difficulty really picks up and I would have pulled my hair out (what's left of it anyway) had I tried to do it without a guide. Also, I don't think the conclusion of the story is that strong.

But overall it was a good to great experience. How is the sequel? Is there a lot of continuity with the first one and are the mini-games less annoying?

Jawmuncher

I finished Danganronpa yesterday. The story and the characters are cool, but boy did the mini-games during the trials annoy me. In the last trial the difficulty really picks up and I would have pulled my hair out (what's left of it anyway) had I tried to do without a guide. Also, I don't think the conclusion of the story is that strong.

But overall it was a good to great experience. How is the second one? Is there a lot of continuity with the first one and are the mini-games less annoying?

I play on easy because the mini game stuff does get tiring. The mini games get worse imo with the second one, and it starts out kind of slow. But is still worth playing.

redlacs

Very cool of you to give this one away! The game isn't perfect, but is still a lot of fun and has plenty of players daily.

unfortunately, i wouldn't know. i only saw some streams but the atmosphere looked so good i'm sure it would make up for some shortcommings here and there. i for one would enjoy it even on low settings if it ran properly. the fear factor looked well done. unfortunately it lacked useful graphical settings and my gt650m barely gave it 20 fps. i do know however that with this one the fun multiplies big time when playing with friend(s).

I swear... I just need to pull out my collection of game discs and install Zoo Tycoon and its expansions again, its been too damn long since I've played that amazing gem.

I've still got all my old Zoo Tycoon 2 discs except for Endangered Species (maybe it's in my sister's CD case?). I should reinstall it sometime.

But overall it was a good to great experience. How is the sequel? Is there a lot of continuity with the first one and are the mini-games less annoying?

Continuity is fine, but I like the first game better in terms of story and mini-games.

abracadaver

The Dead Rising pre-load is kinda pointless unless you have very slow internet. It's only 4GB.

The decryptinig will probably take longer than dowloading the game.

fantomena

Why not go for the new Xbox One S controller? Seems improved and has bluetooth.

There's an Xbone S controller? oO

The Dead Rising pre-load is kinda pointless unless you have very slow internet. It's only 4GB.

If I pre-order a game that let's me pre-load I never pre-load cause the decrypting takes so much more longer time than downloading.

Ascheroth

Not on an SSD.
God Eater Resurrection was around 7GB download I think and it took something between 5 and 10 minutes to unpack.

I have some bad news for you. The mini games in the sequel are far worse and super annoying at times. Definitely play the game on easy or you'll go bald before you're half way through the game.

Corpekata

Banned
Not on an SSD.
God Eater Resurrection was around 7GB download I think and it took something between 5 and 10 minutes to unpack.

That's still pretty slow, and anyone that's in the territory of claiming downloads are faster than decrypting will likely be able to download it faster.

Tizoc

Grabbed diablo 3 for under $30 from cdkeys
Gonna download it wheni get back home next week

Btw regarding mankind divided if infor d vsync thru nvidia control panel itd be better as it has less impact on fps right?

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Centauri Sector -- MB-2A0F3A5A35E7AF8F - Taken by darkchewie
This Book Is A Dungeon -- MB-2D4CD5063489728B - Taken by derExperte

mp1990

Banned
Are you talking about enter the gungeon? I wholeheartedly agree, playing too right now and it's amazing

The one things that annoys me is actually that I can't really play it on the Steam controller :( M/kb is just so much more precise in that game
YES holy shit why do I keep mistyping this game's name, it's the second time already in this thread :mad:

Ascheroth

That's still pretty slow, and anyone that's in the territory of claiming downloads are faster than decrypting will likely be able to download it faster.

I wish I could say that was slow. <.<

Anyway, since we're talking about controllers. My trusty PS3 dualshock is slowly giving up, so I'll probably need to get a new one soonish.
I wonder if I should get a DS4.

Jadax

Something.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jadax:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jadax, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BioShock -- MB-156DAA9F49D519D4 - Taken by mp1990. 3 entrants total.

t1473601080z1.png

Nabs

Are you talking about enter the gungeon? I wholeheartedly agree, playing too right now and it's amazing

The one things that annoys me is actually that I can't really play it on the Steam controller :( M/kb is just so much more precise in that game

i put up a config called praise the gun. there are two of them, so look for pt2. it's for educational purposes.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Supraball -- MB-D924BA1AB439EB51 - Taken by ThisIsMyName

AHHH! How did I miss Titan Quest Anniversary Edition for $5?! I didn't even know this was a thing. Dang, guess I'll add it to my wishlist and wait for a sale ><

Geforce Epxerience just stopped opening but instead always wants to update to the new 3.0 version. Sigh but ok. After installation you cannot use any feature unless you use an account.

Awful. Just awful. Nvidia you asshats.

Xanathus

Started replaying Arkham Knight on New Game+ with my new 1060 card with all settings maxed. Damn this game looks really good at 60fps and all the bells and whistles enabled.

I was trying Nuclear Throne and I got a card. I only played 18min.

Same here; started playing Danganronpa yesterday, and got a card very quickly. Before that, it has always taken at least 2 hours before I get drops. I wonder if it is a bug or if Valve has changed the algorithm.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
i put up a config called praise the gun. there are two of them, so look for pt2. it's for educational purposes.

Yup! will check it out! I usually go with the most used community config by default

Hektor

TWD Michonne was alright i guess.

Never read the comics so i had no idea what's up with this character, but to be honest, i don't feel like i missed anything, the protag's background is boring, cliche and uninteresting. anyways.

Rest of the game was alright. Wasn't nearly as stupid as most of S2, but also never even closelsy reached the impact of S1.

The action was kinda cool, despite Telltale's awful animations.

It's definitely the worst optimized Telltale game i've played tho (Haven't played Batman yet). Some long ass loading times, some framerate dips (And this game is basically 98% cutscenes with QTE'S and decision making) and my PC being as loud as it usually only is playing AAA games at very high settings.

I don't even understand why all that is, considering how non-interactive the games have become outside the decision making, they might as well just prerender everything.

That said, don't regret playing it, but it's also just more of the same, you won't miss a thing if you don't.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Geforce Epxerience just stopped opening but instead always wants to update to the new 3.0 version. Sigh but ok. After installation you cannot use any feature unless you use an account.

I made an account and turned off email notifications. I don't see what is raising so much ire?

MUnited83

For you.

Uninstall and get the previous version again. I don't mind the email requirement, but the 3.0 version of GFE is a complete shit show that is a downgrade in almost everything.

Kudo

Uninstall and get the previous version again. I don't mind the email requirement, but the 3.0 version of GFE is a complete shit show that is a downgrade in almost everything.

Just curious, is there a reason people use GFE? I've always just installed the display drivers only.

Ludens

Banned
TWD Michonne was alright i guess.

Never read the comics so i had no idea what's up with this character, but to be honest, i don't feel like i missed anything, the protag's background is boring, cliche and uninteresting. anyways.

Rest of the game was alright. Wasn't nearly as stupid as most of S2, but also never even closelsy reached the impact of S1.

The action was kinda cool, despite Telltale's awful animations.

It's definitely the worst optimized Telltale game i've played tho (Haven't played Batman yet). Some long ass loading times, some framerate dips (And this game is basically 98% cutscenes with QTE'S and decision making) and my PC being as loud as it usually only is playing AAA games at very high settings.

I don't even understand why all that is, considering how non-interactive the games have become outside the decision making, they might as well just prerender everything.

That said, don't regret playing it, but it's also just more of the same, you won't miss a thing if you don't.
I'm playing this right now, and I kinda agree with you. I read some comic-book but I stopped soon since the serie was pretty much all the same, but I didn't know about Michonne's background. For sure this is much better than Season 2 for now.

Just a note: do you remember when TT games like Sam & Max were 2-3 hours for each episode? A full season was around 15-18 hours, with puzzles etc.
Michonne is 15&#8364; and in 2.5 hours I already completed two episodes...at least even oldest games like Walking Dead 1 were longer than this, but I noticed TT game's episodes today are much much shorter compared to the past, while their price remains the same if not increases depending on the game.

Also, again, TT doesn't bother to translate those titles. I have a couple of friend who buys some TT games just because they are interested in the show, but after WDS1 they stopped because S2 wasn't translated (and S1 got a translation like one year later anyway).
You can argue it's their fault they don't understand english, but TT does a lot of money on those titles and they can't bother to even sub them, while a lot of smaller indie devs provide very good translation for their games, no matter how small is the project, they try to reach a largest audience.

EDIT: Yes, the game runs like garbage even here, with a 970 and 16gb of RAM.

Just curious, is there a reason people use GFE? I've always just installed the display drivers only.

Shadowplay is amazing. And the Nvidia preset optimization settings are a good feature for general users, even if they might not be that useful for folks who are comfortable with tweaking every last setting according to their will.

Kudo

shadowplay to take videos, streaming, framerate counter and shareplay (I think? never used it before)

Shadowplay is amazing. And the Nvidia preset optimization settings are a good feature for general users, even if they might not be that useful for folks who are comfortable with tweaking every last setting according to their will.

Shadowplay. Still the less resource intensive software on my system.

Alright, thanks. So Shadowplay is like DVR feature of sorts? Sounds pretty useful.

I made an account and turned off email notifications. I don't see what is raising so much ire?
An unnecessary step which has no point of being mandatory.
That was my plan but for some reason it wouldn't work unless I upgrade even though I have automatic updates disabled. Shadowplay is absolutely worth it.

sadblob

Just in case someone missed it.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tropico 4 -- MB-2B41440BAD55CD99 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 2 entrants total.

t1473620152z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom