• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Whales

Banned
More like -2 on block. A character in SFV needs to have Tatsu pressure akin to Akuma in 3rd Strike. It looks awesome and is sorely missed by me.

Maybe his V-Trigger would focus on his Tatsus and make them a devastating pressure tool? Imagine a V-Trigger that gives him like 3 Tatsu's (similar to how Cammy's work) that are actually PLUS on block? Mmmmm...

urien's mk chariot tackle is like -2 on hit

capcom does stupid shit sometimes lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nah trust me the chat is really docile, that's what playing vsav does to you

I just scrolled through it and found various racial slurs and someone labeling Microsoft as "Jews." Nobody seemed to bat an eye.

ShruggingShoulders.png

Skilletor

Is capcom looking for the character popularity in polls when they release characters or is season 2 pretty much already planned?

I'd assume most if not all of the characters have already been chosen. If they want to start S2 with tourney season, then we're a maximum of 4 months out from when we'll see the first character and balance changes.

Durden77

urien's mk chariot tackle is like -2 on hit

capcom does stupid shit sometimes lol

Ah figured you might be reffering to that, but it was recently discovered that it can actually lead to a combo on hit if spaced correctly, hence it's weird disadvantages.

Capcom are simultaneously gods an idiots.

Nyoro SF

I consider fuck to be a "strong word". I use fuck all the time. It doesn't attack anyone. Fag is a word that is tied to a specific sexuality. You shouldn't use it outside of an unimpassioned conversation on the word itself. There is no reason beyond ignorance.

I similarly left the FGC GAF Discord because someone not only were people prancing around using the word "faggot" unchecked, but also joked that we should kill all the Japanese with more nuclear bombs, Jewish / Black slurs and other rather incredibly awful things.

Dunno who's even in charge of that Discord anymore but really, you gotta clean it up before you invite anyone else to it.

Kashiwaba

I similarly left the FGC GAF Discord because someone not only were people prancing around using the word "faggot" unchecked, but also joked that we should kill all the Japanese with more nuclear bombs, Jewish / Black slurs and other rather incredibly awful things.

Dunno who's even in charge of that Discord anymore but really, you gotta clean it up before you invite anyone else to it.
Why don't you just stick with Street fighter server on discord everyone there is nice (most of the time) and you always find someone who wants to play lol.

Dahbomb

Day 1 trash, month 3 best DLC character

-awkward/ass recovery on fireballs
-st.HK aint what it used to be
-no kara DP
-tiger knee -4/-5/-7 ex knee -2
-4f cr.LP
-angry scar v-skill
- V-Trigger lets him control his fireballs like Yamcha
-If he's thrown over 10 fireballs in the match, he explodes

:D
Sounds about right except for the last one.

Farewell

They gave a lot of Akuma's tatsu shenanigans to Ken this game. He's going to need a lot of rework.

at this point im sure they've already decided but they do look at a mix of polls in the past and whatever they feel is missing in the game.

I'd assume most if not all of the characters have already been chosen. If they want to start S2 with tourney season, then we're a maximum of 4 months out from when we'll see the first character and balance changes.

Ah ok, i see.

mbpm1

423518276d.png

Day 1 trash, month 3 best DLC character

-awkward/ass recovery on fireballs
-st.HK aint what it used to be
-no kara DP
-tiger knee -4/-5/-7 ex knee -2
-4f cr.LP
-angry scar v-skill
- V-Trigger lets him control his fireballs like Yamcha
-If he's thrown over 10 fireballs in the match, he explodes

:D

Wow, how did you get your hands on his release notes?

Sigmaah

Akuma will be fun.

No more jump back or neutral jump fireballs
St. HK - 2 hits - Can't combo on hit unless counter hit, -4 on block
St. LP AA, 3f b o i s
Red Fireball is his ex fireball - 3 hits
No more demon flip
Dive kick a slightly better version of Necalli's
No more teleport
CA is Shun Goku Satsu - can jump on reaction and can combo into, no kara cancelling

I just realized that Ken basically has his tatsu - DP

IF THIS AINT THE MOST BORING AKUMA EVER.

BRUH.

I need my air fireballs, teleport, and my demon flip, FOH.

Edzi

Ummm? Maybe because a good fireball user can bully a non fireball opponent easily?

Take away Urien's fireball. What's left?

A fireball won't magically make a bad player good. Don't you use Cammy? You have plenty of tools at your disposal, as Xiao Hai showed everyone last weekend. Any failings at this point have to be on you.

Take away Urien's fireball. What's left?

A character with godlike normals who can still rush you down with the best of them.

Metallic Sphere really isn't all that essential to his gameplan.

FAKE EDIT: And no Aegis does not count as a fireball. That's like saying Birdie's banana or F.A.N.G.'s Ryobenda are fireballs; Aegis is a trap/setup technique.

Csr

I am afraid they are going to change Akuma too much into something that misses the point on why people like his looks and playstyle.

Akuma has a lot of fans that like him the way he is, you can't make a character that everyone likes no matter what you do so if you change him too much you might as well make it a new character and leave akuma the way he is.

Personally i hope they make him as close to how he was in 3s as possible, i am not a fun of that recent profile redesign.

I'd love for Akuma to have his purple electricity. Honestly, just having that would excite me so damn much, hah.

Shin Akuma V-Trigger would be pretty sweet too.

I want my white streak haired Akuma!

Mediking

A fireball won't magically make a bad player good. Don't you use Cammy? You have plenty of tools at your disposal, as Xiao Hai showed everyone last weekend. Any failings at this point have to be on you.

Oh, I take blame for losing all thebtime. But I'm not gonna pretend that Cammy has amazing health or a top tier toolset when she doesn't.

A character with godlike normals who can still rush you down with the best of them.

Metallic Sphere really isn't all that essential to his gameplan.

FAKE EDIT: And no Aegis does not count as a fireball. That's like saying Birdie's banana or F.A.N.G.'s Ryobenda are fireballs; Aegis is a trap/setup technique.

How in the world is Aegis not a fireball?! How?

Edzi

Oh, I take blame for losing all thebtime. But I'm not gonna pretend that Cammy has amazing health or a top tier toolset when she doesn't.

She's good. You're bad. It's as simple as that.

And Aegis definitely isn't a fireball. It isn't even a ball. And there's no fire.

It's also stationary, used for setups/combo extension, and REFLECTS ACTUAL FIREBALLS. Come on man, you're not even trying.

Because it's a nearly-stationary trap that has literally nothing in common with a fireball? You're not trying to hit your opponent with it, you're trying to hit them *into* it.

Like I said, if that counts as a fireball then so do Birdie's bananas and Aganos' walls from Killer Instinct.

Mediking

She's good. You're bad. It's as simple as that.

And Aegis definitely isn't a fireball. It isn't even a ball. And there's no fire.

It's also stationary, used for setups/combo extension, and REFLECTS ACTUAL FIREBALLS. Come on man, you're not even trying.

Oh stop. What's next? Laura doesn't have a damn fireball either?!

And I've been playing Cammy since day one thank you very much.

Csr

Daigo considers her a Top 6 character and puts her at the same tier as Ken plus Xiao Hai won one of the most stacked majors this week with her pretty convincingly.

edit: i would say that a fireball might be better suited for your playstyle so go for it, having a good fireball game has it's own set of difficulties though.

Edzi

Oh stop. What's next? Laura doesn't have a damn fireball either?!

And I've been playing Cammy since day one thank you very much.

Can't tell anymore if you're trying to be the new Zombegoast/KingBroly, or if you're serious.

Also, playing Cammy since day one and still thinking she's bad says a lot more about you as a player than it does about the character.

Csr

Come on, you know this is not true.

Well it is a detached hitbox from your characters hurtbox and it is made up from some imaginery energy but it doesn't travel the screen and it's usage is very different from other projectiles, plus it doesn't look like a ball of fire.

Mediking

Can't tell anymore if you're trying to be the new Zombegoast/KingBroly, or if you're serious.

Also, playing Cammy since day one and still thinking she's bad says a lot more about you as a player than it does about the character.

I've ONLY complained about Cammy's health. I think it's trash and will always think it's trash. It's like 1 really good combo and I'm already almost dead.

And despite my whining of Cammy, I always play her. She's the easiest character for me to use. Love her design.
Xiaohai sure got bullied by fireball users recently.

XiaoHai is like using Micheal Jordan or Kobe Bryant or Stephen Curry as examples. Good for them but they aren't me. I can learn from them though.

Edzi

I've ONLY complained about Cammy's health. I think it's trash and will always think it's trash. It's like 1 really good combo and I'm already almost dead.

And despite my whining of Cammy, I always play her. She's the easiest character for me to use. Love her design.

XiaoHai is like using Micheal Jordan or Kobe Bryant or Stephen Curry as examples. Good for them but they aren't me. I can learn from them though.

No, you literally just complained about her toolset being bad on this very page. Her health is fine and balanced. If you think health is all it takes to make a character good or bad, go play Zangief.

mbpm1

You've also complained about her toolset and said you wanted a fireball.

I really think you should play someone else if she doesn't suit your style, ease of use or not.

Mediking

lol, no, you literally just complained about her toolset being bad on this very page. Her health is fine and balanced. If you think the amount of health is all it takes to make a character good or bad, go play Zangief.

Forgotten Waterfall, when?

When can we exchange hands?

And yeah...

I'll use Cammy. :D

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I think it's fine that Street Fighter incorporates stereotypes in their characters, but having the a spear-using character be black is a little insensitive.
In the one hand, it looks bad for obvious reasons, but on the other hand it fits into the theme of SF fighters using the combat styles of their nation. African warriors are associated with spears, so that seems like a reasonable choice. It's kind of a broad choice, but I don't think they mean any harm. And again I acknowledge that depicting modern people of African origin using spears is a thorny business and definitely can be maliciously racist.

Edit: btw what is a doll? Is it a robot or just a brainwashed person? If they are people, is Santamu from Africa?

mbpm1

In the one hand, it looks bad for obvious reasons, but on the other hand it fits into the theme of SF fighters using the combat styles of their nation. African warriors are associated with spears, so that seems like a reasonable choice. It's kind of a broad choice, but I don't think they mean any harm. And again I acknowledge that depicting modern people of African origin using spears is a thorny business and definitely can be maliciously racist.
yeah, they should use guns instead

put guns in SF

Top Bottom