• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

Why can't he vote, though?

Are you going to vote in this election?

I think I’ma vote.

French's publicist [interjecting]: He can’t vote.

Huh?

French's publicist: You’re not a citizen you can’t vote.

Yeah I can, I’m a citizen.

French's publicist: You’re a citizen now?

A green card don't make you a citizen?

French's publicist: No. He can’t vote so we’ll skip that question.

Lmao.

Koozek

I think I’ma vote.

Huh?

French's publicist: You’re not a citizen you can’t vote.

Yeah I can, I’m a citizen.

A green card don't make you a citizen?

Lmao.
Yeah, I read that already, but I still don't know why he can't vote. No clue about the US system. What's the difference between a Greencard and a citizenship? Can't he ever be "full" US citizen if he wasn't born there?

Yeah, I read that already, but I still don't know why he can't vote. No clue about the US system. What's the difference between a Greencard and a citizenship? Can't he ever be "full" US citizen if he wasn't born there?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the way it works is a greencard basically means he can enter and exit the country at will. If he stays in the country for at least 5 years, he can apply to become a US citizen. At that point, within 2 years of the application, he'll become a citizen, test and all.

HiiiLife

They're just different statuses of citizenship with US citizen being the highest for people immigrating. Green cards let you live there permanently and work but being a US citizen can be a thing for immigrants through naturalization (5 years I think of holding a green card) if they chose. Or joining the military. Or being born from an American parent even if it's in a different country. It's possible.

Hitta93

Banned
It was my first French project I gave a playthtough and I liked it. I agree he just need to release it as a mixtape

You deadass missing out. French is one of my favorites in the game right now.

Just to ask and to see where everyone's head is at. Jadakiss or Styles P?

HiiiLife

When was the last time styles put out a project? Last time I listened was his project with his spitta but mostly cause spitta. Jadas top 5 album was coo. They both always had dope cuts IMO. Might rock with Jada if it came down to it.

Dad rap, LOL.

How about Mom rap? My mom likes A Tribe Called Quest, Drake, The Roots, Guru, and a few others. She actually likes most rap but she's never been into the lyrical content of the more hardcore rappers, but she doesn't disparage it at all. She's progressive for her age.

My mom liked old school Eminem, Nelly and Lauryn Hill. There's no rhyme or reason to her tastes

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
EDIT 2: New GOOD Music Lineup:

CyHi dropped, Mos Def dropped, HXLT dropped.
I always figured CyHi, HXLT, and Travi$ Scott just had production deals and that just lists artists TBH. Who knows if CyHi ever got off of Konvict Muzik proper anyways, dude has the messiest of label situations.

D'Banj and stuff are gone for good it seems though.

French Montana: I think I’ma vote.

French: Huh?

French Montana's publicist: You’re not a citizen you can’t vote.

French: Yeah I can, I’m a citizen.

French: A green card don't make you a citizen?

😣

Hitta93

Banned
Atrocity Exhibition is a fun wild ride but after revisiting The Hybrid last night, I'm gonna have to put it under that. Forgot how good it was

YNV4G.gif

I just want to be a normal person. To be able to hold a job and do normal things, but DJ Khaled is ruining my life. Again.
Every time a new video comes out, he betrays everything I know, and leap back into uncertainty and despair. The mind wanders. Is he for real or is this an act?

How can you make an album where you are the main star, but as a producer not singing, but you're the main feature on all the tracks yelling your name and other incoherent catch phrases like "we the best music" which doesn't make sense. Nothing about Khaled makes sense.
Hold You Down and Gold Slugs feature outrageous monologues that nearly hospitalized me. But this saga, continuing in Do You Mind, tops both of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xGhK6qgPtM < What is with the monologue at the end? What the hell is he saying??

What is worse. I like Khaled. The impression I got from him from h3h3 visiting him is that he is decent person who is just having fun, but he is messing up everything I thought I knew about the world- and myself.
And I cannot understand it. Because first time I saw Khaled it was like this:

Holding a umbrella for fat joe 10 years ago. How are we here today. Why are we here? When Khaled offers you velvet cake or say he'll buy your houses houses I thought I knew what he meant. But this is turning into Nirvana lyrics in the framework of a David Lynch script.
So what now? Do I admit that I've listened to Holy Key dozens of times over and spill the beans to family and friends, who will surelly annex me? Or do I purge my spotify account and seek help? "Another One" is not a catch phrase. It's a curse. It's a blessing. Khaled has ruined me.

Tokubetsu

Khaled is being loyal to himself. He realized that you must honor the truth inside yourself first and always. Trust yourself. The secrets are in your own garden, tend to it.

Koozek

I just want to be a normal person. To be able to hold a job and do normal things, but DJ Khaled is ruining my life. Again.
Every time a new video comes out, he betrays everything I know, and leap back into uncertainty and despair. The mind wanders. Is he for real or is this an act?

How can you make an album where you are the main star, but as a producer not singing, but you're the main feature on all the tracks yelling your name and other incoherent catch phrases like "we the best music" which doesn't make sense. Nothing about Khaled makes sense.
Hold You Down and Gold Slugs feature outrageous monologues that nearly hospitalized me. But this saga, continuing in Do You Mind, tops both of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xGhK6qgPtM < What is with the monologue at the end? What the hell is he saying??

What is worse. I like Khaled. The impression I got from him from h3h3 visiting him is that he is decent person who is just having fun, but he is messing up everything I thought I knew about the world- and myself.
And I cannot understand it. Because first time I saw Khaled it was like this:

Holding a umbrella for fat joe 10 years ago. How are we here today. Why are we here? When Khaled offers you velvet cake or say he'll buy your houses houses I thought I knew what he meant. But this is turning into Nirvana lyrics in the framework of a David Lynch script.
So what now? Do I admit that I've listened to Holy Key dozens of times over and spill the beans to family and friends, who will surelly annex me? Or do I purge my spotify account and seek help? "Another One" is not a catch phrase. It's a curse. It's a blessing. Khaled has ruined me.
0YQfj0d.gif

IrishNinja

sensational page so far

How about Mom rap? My mom likes A Tribe Called Quest, Drake, The Roots, Guru, and a few others. She actually likes most rap but she's never been into the lyrical content of the more hardcore rappers, but she doesn't disparage it at all. She's progressive for her age.

your moms got good taste b, she could get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom