• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Just reread and you were the one to propose it for this game. Melon just casually mention it.

Before this we didn't even think of using it.

no.

no i wasnt.

i may have somehow popularized the idea after it initially went unnoticed, but that is not proposing it.

what are you even trying to prove here?

*Splinter

Are you saying you don't think Kyan is up to something?
From that post specifically? No. I think Kyan claiming ordinary town is about as game-relevant as me voting Cabot or you being suspicious of me in your opening post. These are running gags, not gambits.

Just reread and you were the one to propose it for this game. Melon just casually mention it.

Before this we didn't even think of using it.
But that "forgot to reply" was in direct response to melon? And that was the second time she mentioned it.

Kyanrute

Zeke is being rather inoffensive. Splinter is not hounding. Sophia is not as aggressive as possible. Deep reads, deep reads.

franconp

We'll try and avoid a repeat.

So, no goons or townies. Likely we have a cop. Should we attempt peeking?

I missed this post. I should take notes.

I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm just sharing my doubts to get discussion rolling, that's the essence of game, right?

Kyanrute

will you be doing a deep peek?

If we stack peeks for multiple actions, the information might get too good for scum. Alignment cop results are a special kind of bullshit so they are worth protecting imo. Most other investigative roles have much more circumstantial benefits so listing them out does not seem that beneficial to me.

Why?

Overreacting to Ouro's (insincere) role claim. Either fake concern or just getting into the spirit of the game. This one could be either with Xam, to be fair.
Mostly because I feel like Kyan jumped the gun on a claim (and the only one sticking to it right now)

*Splinter

Mostly because I feel like Kyan jumped the gun on a claim (and the only one sticking to it right now)
Kyan claimed ordinary in a game without any ordinaries. If you really felt he was "sticking to it" you've been awfully calm about that.

You also missed Ouro's claim, which was at least plausible.

Burbeting

Banned
Since everyone has a power role, the day ends might become little chaotic, if/when people who are about to be lynched possibly claim their Power Roles in hopes of averting their lynch.

Burbeting

Banned
VOTE: AbsolutBro

What are your opinions in the game right now? Only concrete piece of opinion I've got from your posts has been "Cop shouldn't claim if they found scum".

Burbeting

Banned
What did you read from that?

That he hasn't given any concrete opinions, so it's difficult to make out any sort of read from him. So I'm trying to push him to the spotlight a little with my vote, before he can completely disappear to the background, which would be beneficial for a scum.

Ty4on

That he hasn't given any concrete opinions, so it's difficult to make out any sort of read from him. So I'm trying to push him to the spotlight a little with my vote, before he can completely disappear to the background, which would be beneficial for a scum.
I was wondering what you read from him starting cop finding scum shouldn't claim.

Burbeting

Banned
I was wondering what you read from him starting cop finding scum shouldn't claim.

It could be a scum trying to prevent cop from outing scum they found before flipping, in theory. It's interesting that he even admits in a later post than cop usually won't find more than 1 scum at most (bolding on quote done by me).

From my experience as a cop in DR? None. One at most from what I've seen in other games. But how many they get is not important. Clearing town players is just as important as catching scum players since it narrows down the pool of potential scum. My death in DR cleared three players out of a very small pool. Town still lost, but that was down to Mazre wanting a solo neutral victory and town not catching on.

He does make a valid point that finding green checks from town members can be important too. What bothers me though here is that those green checked town members might get killed off before cop finally claims, so the effect of that might be lessened.

AbsolutBro
You've offered a strong view on the mass claim idea, which you're not for.
Anything else tickling your fancy? Do you want to be tickled? I will tickle you.

Any impressions from people so far, do you like to peek?
Are you a peeking Tom?
do you want to be a peeking Tom?
What's your favourite colour?
I do not know that I would call my post against the mass claim "strong", but I do think it is a bad idea. Knowing character names doesn't help us find scum. Knowing roles doesn't help us find scum. All that does is give more information to the scum team, which we should be avoiding on D1 at least.

I do not like the "peek" idea for much the same reason. It is a strategy that seems like it could very easily backfire and leave us chasing false leads for awhile. I have been a cop and the best thing, IME/IMO, that a cop can do is play like a normal town. Drop hints, clear players do their thing and try to ride it out. Even an "I really do not like this person" post after a cop is dead can lead to scum and "I am pretty sure so and so is town" can virtually clear a person as well. "Peeks" posted by non-cops could still give information (maybe whom they targeted with their own PR), but again we get into "why tell scum things". If we want to know whom it is that people suspect of being town or scum, we have the oft pushed read list.

Who if anyone am I suspicious of? No one just yet. I have some time left to formulate a vote. Like you I do suspect people will be more engaged in this game since everyone has a PR, but we have to be fair: not all PRs are created equal. A sleepwalker is technically a PR but I do not expect it is going to make people jump into the game's deep end or anything.

As for tickling, no, I am not ticklish. And my favorite color is purple.
color of Royalty!

Anyway, I'm working from home the next two days so I should be around a bit more.

VOTE: AbsolutBro

What are your opinions in the game right now? Only concrete piece of opinion I've got from your posts has been "Cop shouldn't claim if they found scum".

Haha I knew I should have reloaded the thread before I posted. It is hard to have a strong opinion right now, it being D1, but I think that even if scum did not suggest the peek idea that at least one person may be pushing the idea. That or the mass claim, but probably not both.

It's early though, so who knows really.

*Splinter

Again, I said I missed Kyan backing off of it, and I followed up with Ouro
Pls don't make me spell this out

You said Kyan was the only one sticking to his claim. Even ignoring his retraction, he wasn't the only one: Ouro has also claimed and not retracted it. Unlike Kyan's claim, Ouro's could be real, so my point is that you aren't paying attention if you took Kyan's claim seriously but ignored Ouro's.

cabot

Ok lover stop copying me now -.-

It's only ok when I do it to you

giphy.gif

*Splinter

What's the previous relation between the two of you? Because I find weird that both of you seem to post at the same time with similar opinions. Maybe I'm missing something.
We've been scumbuddies before, we've been mason buddies before, we discuss games we're spectating a fair bit. Our opinions/reads do tend to align quite often.

It's also possible he's copying me as a wind up (as I did to him last game)

cabot

Where to begin?

Splinter and I have played in many games together, and our love peaked in Love Boat where we were lovers (hence us calling each other lovers).

We also tend to share similar interests, like being Ashamed of Britain and carball AKA Rocket League.

It's hard to summarise this relationship without going to a dark place that uses a lot of verbose words.

Too Love; Didn't Read -- We're a bit of an item in the community and outwith the games.

Ourobolus

Banned
Mornin'

(Goddamn Pacific Time messing with my bearings)

Pls don't make me spell this out

You said Kyan was the only one sticking to his claim. Even ignoring his retraction, he wasn't the only one: Ouro has also claimed and not retracted it. Unlike Kyan's claim, Ouro's could be real, so my point is that you aren't paying attention if you took Kyan's claim seriously but ignored Ouro's.

...really

Please tell me Cabot and Splints are lovers again

*Splinter

...really
It could be. I don't personally think it is, but it's at least a role that likely exists in the game, unlike Kyan's role that definitely doesn't exist and is more of a meta joke since he's claimed the same thing at the start of his last few games now.

Sorian

Banned
Still chugging foward.

IDK. Let's ask Splinter that question.

So Sorian, how is manual voting working for you?

It gets easier as time goes on.

hobo-stare%28a%29.gif

Vote Count:

Barrylocke (2)
Ouro
Ty4on

*Splinter (1)
nin1000

nin1000 (1)
Haly

melonrabbit (1)
Mazre